F. Hinds

F. Hinds Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

loved all of the staff and was so lovely to work with such an excellent team. the only downside was the manager. no support and expects you to work overtime every week even though you aren't contracted to.
Nice relaxed friendly atmosphere. Family like team. Good training pay rises regularly management involved with staff doing same job. Bonus opertunities.
Please note I am also writing this review for anyone interested in the job here. Not just for those interested in gaining more experience in jewellery. I already passed a jewellery course diploma, JET 1 which stands for Jewellery Education and Training and in future wanted to gain the next qualification, JET 2 which opens many doors in the industry. On the first day I was introduced to a Management Training Scheme which enables you to learn the rules, regulations and sales techniques in the store which is useful. This would last from 3-6 or so months to complete and ties in whether you pass your probation. What I didn't learn and in hindsight should have asked was whether I would have the opportunity to take part in the JET 2 but the manager said the shop doesn't pay towards that course, only JET 1. The only way to progress is within the company but to some that is to be expected as with most shops so you can climb up the management ladder. On the first day aside from being introduced to the MTS, only shadowing a fellow member of staff to learn what to say to customers and where things are for etc. You do this for a week or so then you learn on your own. Every week you have to take part in an Observation sheet where a member of staff secretly witnesses you ticks certain boxes on the sheet, e.g. did I ask how much the customer wanted to spend, did I introduce any other items, did I ask who's it for, is at a gift etc. The sheets are good guidelines on how you interact and how you can sell well however I felt being assessed in this way was tiresome and lacked certain - more...
Pros
Good enough salary if you have a JET 1, in house training on rules and regulations, becoming a better sales person
Cons
Poor management, Not a decent level of career progression, No future jewellery qualifications needed
All who work there are placed on the managerial training program so there is always an incentive to better yourself. The other staff are extremely friendly and willing to help you whenever you need it. You are never idle and each employee has their own sections to organise.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at F. Hinds?