EY Employee Reviews

Found 235 reviews matching the search See all 5,774 reviews
Very exciting
Canary Wharf - Intern (Former Employee) –  London, UK4 December 2018
Generally we did training and then work. I learned a lot about the work place. The management was great and allowed us to be flexible to balance our work life with our personal life. The workplace generally isn't dull and everyday something new comes along.
Pros
flexible
good company
Specialist Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London4 December 2018
enjoyed working for EY as the work was made exciting and your voice was always heard and considered. Many opportunities to discover other areas of the project.
Excellent customer service in a great working enviroment
ISS CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  1MLP12 November 2018
I would come into the building and say good morning with a big smile to everyone before have my coffee and start preparing for the breakfast service. it will get busy around 8am as many times we will have conferences and events going on with many people requiring information and coffee/food.
Then straight after I will start preparing for lunch time which it will be usually as busy as breakfast.
I will interact with many regular customers and visitors through the day as we always like to work in a friendly and caring environment.
After lunch I will start closing while serving the last coffees and late lunches as many of our busy customers didn't have time to make it at lunch time.
After closing most of times some customers will stop for a quick chat as I am engaging and I care for my customers.
Pros
Enviroment
very fun work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 November 2018
its very enjoyable and productive. the people are very friendly and approachable and are willing to assist you in any way possible. i learnt the importance of management, teamwork and leadership skills
Mixed bag - Can be a very good place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 October 2018
Good place to work however depending on the team you're involved in the culture can be negative.

Work life balance is good however this depends on your level of seniority.
EY Work
EMPLOYED - Project Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2018
EY is a fantastic place to work and gow - there are so many opportunities and potential growth for employees to experience.

This a friendly flexible work - life balance, however you need to work hard and ensure you're hitting your key performance indicators in order to advance.

It is important to know and understand your team, this includes networking.

I'd recommend to a lot of young graduates and experience hires the opportunity of working for EY.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Networking is key
Big 4 Consulting Experience
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2018
I was in the Assurance and Advisory business of Ernst & Young. I had the opportunioty to work with very smart and energetic people who really wanted to make a real difference.
Pros
People want to make a real difference
Great Place to Work!
Workplace Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London17 October 2018
Good people and great culture
Great benefits and supports flexible working.
Good work ethics.
Good mentoring
Would definitely recommend
Central location
Complex, matrixed environment; great teams
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 October 2018
EY people and culture make all the difference. Initial training could be better. Navigation through the company is complicated and can be more straightforward.
Pros
Fabulous teams
Cons
Long hours, lack of advancement
Don't pay bonus
Manager Workforce Advisory (Current Employee) –  London14 October 2018
EY is full of incredible people who are genuinely working hard for their clients. Be prepared for clients to treat you like muck because they are paying a lot.

Be aware, no bonuses have been paid for the last 3 years because they are based on achieving growth targets. So even if the firm grows 19% in the year, if the target is 20% there is no bonus.
Pros
Base pay is quite good
Cons
Very long hours
A good, high perfromance place to work but lacking in strategic insight
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  London, United Kingdom12 October 2018
The accountant DNA and culture (/financial incentives) of decision by consensus means that it can be difficult to change direction and drive innovation at speed.
Pros
When a decision is made the firm follows through and executes well
Cons
Vulnerability to disruption. Struggles to deliver step change rather than incremental growth.
Working at this firm is challenging and rewarding.
Programme Manager & Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London City12 October 2018
Working at this firm is challenging and rewarding. The Technology Team and Business Team tend to work well together and enjoy a good working rapport. The Technology used at EY is cutting edge and quality of delivery needs to be at the highest levels. The people who one works with are easy to get along with and by far the best part of working with EY. A fun place to work.
Work life balance is an issue but it has a great culture
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 October 2018
Great company to work for because of the benefits packages, training, support and the friendly environment. You also have the freedom to work from home twice a week, which saves you from commuting.

My only issues from working in recruitment were that the hours can be long due to the volumes, and its difficult to progress because of the competition.
Pros
Working from home, training and support
Cons
long hours, difficult to progress due to competition
Good people; work is an acquired taste
Audit Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City6 October 2018
The Aberdeen office is full of great people of varying abilities. It is a little unnerving at first, joining as an Experiened Hire, but soon you will become a part of the team.

Great opportunities for reasonably quick progression, if you are willing to put the work in.

Busy season can last from January to March, April, May or June, depending on your client base. With statutory reporting deadlines and SOX procedures, there is usually little in the way of 'slack' periods. Chageable hours in the height of busy season can range from 40/45 to 65/70, again depending on your client base.

I would say that managers and senior managers are worked fairly hard still, although there is the odd exception to this rule.

The Aberdeen office suffers from quite a high staff turnover from senior (post qualification) and therefore is usually understaffed at this level.
Pros
1pm finish on a Friday
Cons
Intense busy season with little slack throughout the year.
Professional Environment
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen4 October 2018
Great company to work for, good opportunities to learn and develop. Workplace culture really good. Busy working environment with good social events as well.
Friendly and hardworking
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 September 2018
At EY they helped me develop the person I am as well as learning new skills that I can use in future life. I learned how to handle certain situations, speak to people and work individually as well as alone. The hardest part was working online and getting used to how they completed things on a computer, however the staff was inviting so that made the work an enjoyable place to be.
Pros
Early finishes
Cons
disatnce
Productive Job
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Luton1 September 2018
Very nice job but my office colleague in my opinion war racists and that makes me feel uncomfortable and this use to happen every day.
Overall the work was very easy and interesting.
Graduate role
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 August 2018
Great training and support available to qualify as a chartered accountant. I joined straight after graduation and had many peers who were doing the same program so it was a good transition from university to work. Long hours are expected at times but there are opportunities for progression.
Pros
down to earth colleagues
Cons
difficult to have a work life balance at times
workplace culture
Technical Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
very professional and demanding of high standards. I was involved providing technical support on the kazakhmys cooper listing and this was a particularly rewarding time - i was the only person in technical support with specialty in mining accounting
Devote your life or lose your job
Business Development Manager (Bid Manager) (Former Employee) –  London, UK22 August 2018
EY prides itself on it's flexibility, inclusion and diversity. However, the reality is you need to decidate your life to your work. Forget about getting anywhere if you have a young family or responsibilties / problems outside of work.

Being open and transparent doesn't help your cause either, management will just use any info you have provided to discredit you. And biggest rule of all, never ever share any personal information / concerns with your mentor or mid/senior management, they will pass it on to your boss.

Being single and devoted to the cause is the way forward with EY, unfortunately. Unless you are a Partner and pay your way of problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

52K