Here to help
Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom306 reviews
Great place to work, and offers lots of flexibility for working mums. However, it does depend on the team you are in, as he ends up deciding what level of flexibility people can avail.
Disappointing experience
Spent 5.5 years there.. Great reputation, lots of opportunities but unless you are a favourite or your manager fully supports you, you will not progress. It's a shame it took me all that time to realise.
I am will to go back to work part time after lockdown is over when all is clear
I am hardworking and fully flexible, I am a team player, also willing to learn . I have a huge network of client connections and have no problems in conversing with anyone.
A joy to work for EY
Typical day work hard, play hard . Competative package. Happy working atmosphere . Management at all levels & staff working together as one team .A pleasure
Pros
Good Team spirit
Cons
Fast paced, energetic environment with great collaboration
Although an extremely demanding, fast paced environment, I loved my time at EY and worked with some of the most amazing people and on some of most exciting ground breaking technology deliveries. My only reason for moving on is to strike more of a work / life balance with ageing parents to care for. It's a very addictive environment with a great buzz, I will find it hard to leave behind and may well look to re-join one day.
Great company to work for
I wish I never resigned from EY - my massive mistake. I would go back in a heartbeat 💓 I cannot find another company like it. EY tried their best to stop me from resigning and I wished I listened to them.
Inclusive environment with opportunities
Attention to personal development, opportunities, and career progression. Diversity and inclusiveness are important to the company as is closing the gender pay gap.
Flexible
Your day can vary and great options to work flexible either changing your hours or working from home. Have gained good finance experience working in a large finance firm.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
great work experience
Lovely staff and great for developing a career. Got a lot of training in team leading and team work and a lot of support as a student at that time. Very helpful.
Challenging environment
Significant opportunity for those that are seeking variety to their resposibilities on a day to day basis. However it is difficult to switch off from the job either out of hours or on holiday.
N/a
typical day at work is busy and can be quite stressful but the relaxed environment helps you cope with the stress, it all depends on the team you work with, if you are with a great team you will enjoy your job.
No progression opportunities, long hours and no recognition for hard work.
EY is great for flexible working and that is the only positive about the role and also the only reason I have stayed at the company so long. Management is a joke and you are expected to work in the same role for 10 years before being considered for promotion. I was doing work as a level above what I was for 2 years before I got promoted. No recognition for working long hours and salary is not very good. Part time staff expected to do full time work in part time hours.
I worked a contractor
Not much to say as I worked as a contractor for one person. The office is nice. Probably nice place to work as a full-time employee. Office located conveniently in Bridgewater Place
Good flexibility
EY is a great company to work for in that it is flexible enough and that the team is very young most of the time. Therefore it is easy to bond with the team since everyone is almost the same age.
Great place to work but lack of progression and salary below manager level very poor
EY is a great place to work and has a flexible work culture. However the progression is based on who you know/how well you are liked. Some of the people in more senior positions should not be there, and are hard to work with.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Lack of progression and poor salary/benefits
A great company, but your experience will depend on your manager
Unfair treatment between London and other offices, working hours differ by location. Technical staff required to do many more hours than contracted and no time back. Some team mates given TOIL or overtime, others told they can't take anything. Progression or internal job moves really hard, if you do manage to get promoted your pay won't be balanced against colleagues who are also promoted, you cannot challenge this! Terrible culture of "favourites"
fun and challenging
was fun and challenging - would recommend but difficult to progress. workplace culture is good and management was good. however, difficult to progress.
Audit
Not what I’d expected, resourcing worrying about their utilisation, diplomatic culture and bullying environment. No wonder so many suffer from mental illness.
Innovative and forward thinking
EY is dedicated in helping their clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. The work EY does is as varied as their clients. Through the four service lines — Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Transaction Advisory Services — EY helps organizations capitalize on opportunities. EY helps clients to fulfill regulatory requirements, keep investors informed and meet stakeholder needs. And in a fast-changing world, EY gives clients the support they need to be effective today and create long-term growth for tomorrow
Good for developmental opportunities
No day is the same, great for networking and building new connections. Lots of opportunities available for personal growth. Is a people orientated organisation, most difficult part of the job is to juggle many tasks at once and manage expectations of key stakeholders. Working and collaborating with many different people is the most enjoyable part.
Greate spring intern
1, man can apply or woman in business
2, Transaction services is very competitive, so do perform well and network well during the event, it would make a crucial impact on the fast track