EY Employee Reviews

Productive Job
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Luton1 September 2018
Very nice job but my office colleague in my opinion war racists and that makes me feel uncomfortable and this use to happen every day.
Overall the work was very easy and interesting.
Graduate role
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 August 2018
Great training and support available to qualify as a chartered accountant. I joined straight after graduation and had many peers who were doing the same program so it was a good transition from university to work. Long hours are expected at times but there are opportunities for progression.
Pros
down to earth colleagues
Cons
difficult to have a work life balance at times
workplace culture
Technical Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
very professional and demanding of high standards. I was involved providing technical support on the kazakhmys cooper listing and this was a particularly rewarding time - i was the only person in technical support with specialty in mining accounting
Devote your life or lose your job
Business Development Manager (Bid Manager) (Former Employee) –  London, UK22 August 2018
EY prides itself on it's flexibility, inclusion and diversity. However, the reality is you need to decidate your life to your work. Forget about getting anywhere if you have a young family or responsibilties / problems outside of work.

Being open and transparent doesn't help your cause either, management will just use any info you have provided to discredit you. And biggest rule of all, never ever share any personal information / concerns with your mentor or mid/senior management, they will pass it on to your boss.

Being single and devoted to the cause is the way forward with EY, unfortunately. Unless you are a Partner and pay your way of problems
Work experience placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh and Glasgow14 August 2018
I spent a week with the Government infrastructure team attending meeting, carrying out research and preparing presentations. I enjoyed working as part of a team and learning about the work of this consultancy team
Pros
Professional culture
Cons
No cons
Fun and engaging workplace
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  London10 August 2018
Long hours but rewarding and challenging work. Diverse and wide ranging culture and types of work to undertake. Good potential to progress. Became quite political the more senior you become.
N/a
Associate (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire23 July 2018
- EY has a relaxed working atmosphere
- Colleagues are friendly
- Hours worked 8:00-16:30
- Management are very approachable
- Hardest part of the job is long hours
very fun and enjoyable
Smart Futures Student (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
It was the best experience of my life. Everyone is cared for and so nice and welcoming. It was just awesome. Got many opportunities to network and shine. They also took us on a financial tour of City of London
Good team
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 July 2018
I worked at EY for 10 years and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Excellent team environment, nice people, the work content was OK but not very challenging overall.
fun workplace
Junior Tax Consultant Internship (Former Employee) –  RO4 July 2018
Genuinely care about your development
Leadership go out of their way to help you
Interesting client work if you go looking
Able to shape your own journey
as
Senior (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London26 June 2018
Great place for progression but culture is very corporate and dogmatic. Difficult to have a lasting career at EY without sacrificing entire work life balance. This is from an auditors perspective.
Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 June 2018
Leveraging agile and Waterfall project methodologies.

Working with stakeholders, who are globally dispersed.

Variety of projects and programmes

Working virtually
flexible work life balance
Risk Advisory Consultant (Former Employee) –  London23 April 2018
Good place for stable career progression, especially at junior levels. Business is sustainable due its nature, so there is always work to go around with.

Very flexible/work from home culture.
International workplace
Tax Advisor (Current Employee) –  Luxembourg22 April 2018
The experience is giving me the opportunity to work on different aspects of international and european tax law with colleagues of different nationalities.
International teams working on the same project is a common aspect at EY, and this allows me to improve my interpersonal (which in the work environment is crucial) and working skills.

Working on different project has given a practical view to my studies and has strengthen my organizational skills.

My task consist of collaborating with more experience colleagues on various projects involving different aspect of a cross-border transaction.
Very busy place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  1 more London place20 April 2018
Working as an team in a busy work environment facing different challenges on daily basis and yet solving it as a team, very professional place to work , working with high paid accounting company lot to learn and more opportunity learn.
Cons
Team Works
Hard working experience with low pay from 2008
Audit Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  UK4 April 2018
Management focuses mostly on its own remuneration and security, even though "people first" motto is used extensively... Hardest part of the job (especially on levels lower than that of a manager) - requirement to travel and work at the client site.
Good but they over promise and under-deliver
Healthcare consultant (Former Employee) –  London3 April 2018
EY promise the world and often underdeliver, drive a wedge between the expectations of it clients, and its employees, causing relationships to be fractious.

They can still be a people firm, but have clearly defined and communicated structures, that don't over promise on delivery, if they did this retention and boomerang rates would be very favourable.
Poor environment to work in
Tax Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 April 2018
I found the atmosphere at EY particularly poor. There were many occasions when information that related to my particular job in a significant way was not given to me by management, despite sitting in close proximity to them on a daily basis. Instead they would rely on this information being filtered down and given out 2nd or 3rd hand by other members of staff. They also pay significantly less than other financial firms for the same job,and you are expected to work a lot more than your contracted hours. I found the attitude from management to be particularly poor, leading me to feel incredibly unwelcome and uncomfortable in the workplace.
Pros
Free coffee machine
Cons
Poor working environment
Resource Assstant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham8 March 2018
The workplace culture has been fantastic, and I have enjoyed working with a great set of people.

I have learned many new skills in my role and I have always strived to develop myself.
lovely place to work
Facilities co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol7 March 2018
every day isnt same its a lovely place to work, staff are equally nice willing to assist when the need arises . very good work culture

generally a good place to work .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K