EY Employee Reviews

Poor environment to work in
Tax Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 April 2018
I found the atmosphere at EY particularly poor. There were many occasions when information that related to my particular job in a significant way was not given to me by management, despite sitting in close proximity to them on a daily basis. Instead they would rely on this information being filtered down and given out 2nd or 3rd hand by other members of staff. They also pay significantly less than other financial firms for the same job,and you are expected to work a lot more than your contracted hours. I found the attitude from management to be particularly poor, leading me to feel incredibly unwelcome and uncomfortable in the workplace.
Pros
Free coffee machine
Cons
Poor working environment
Resource Assstant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham8 March 2018
The workplace culture has been fantastic, and I have enjoyed working with a great set of people.

I have learned many new skills in my role and I have always strived to develop myself.
lovely place to work
Facilities co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol7 March 2018
every day isnt same its a lovely place to work, staff are equally nice willing to assist when the need arises . very good work culture

generally a good place to work .
Fun, warm workplace
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 March 2018
I really liked working the internship for EY as it wasn't as I expected - the employees there are very outgoing and help you out with your needs. Initially I thought it was going to be a serious office work place but it is actually really calm and warm.

they also have casual Fridays which is cool
Pros
free hot drinks from vending machines
Cons
presentations
Audit
Auditor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 March 2018
learnt how to be an accountant
very good culture
management was very understanding
good progression
can diversify knowledge to different departments
very supportive
Great place to work at
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London15 February 2018
It is a nice place to work at
Easily approachable management
Salary benefits could be better
Many opportunities to showcase your talent
Overall, a great place to learn and build career
Hard working and progressive workplace
Audit Senior Part-Qualified (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 February 2018
I learnt extremely fast how to manage a small team and client management skills. Very long hours are expected but progression is easily achievable, Management are attentive and helpful.
Pros
Exposure to many different industries
Cons
Long, unpredictable hours.
Professional work enviroment, Flexibility at work, Great place to work
Senior Corporate Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire15 January 2018
My typical day at work included:
• Maintenance and ownership of a number of departmental controls and records
• Project management of tax compliance engagements including planning, scheduling work, coordinating and
communicating to teams, managing any changes to schedule, keeping teams updated etc.
• Managed client teams on strategic projects, including planning and scheduling of work, liaising and coordinating teams in different locations, both in the UK and overseas offices
• Acted as first point of contact for non-tax technical queries
• Led negotiation meetings with clients and HMRC on claims standard correspondence
• Oversee client engagement and disengagement process
• Led and facilitated regular meetings with Partners, Directors and other stakeholders within EY on projects
• Managed deadlines and ensured timely delivery, qualified and prioritised projects
• Analysed and presented management reports, including weekly trend analysis and cost management
• Management of information / records received, filing and general departmental assistance, such as annual tax
return requests, client chasing letters, drafting of fees etc.
• Worked virtually with our UK based Client Account Teams and the off shore teams in India (Global Delivery Services GDS)
• Managed internal and external SLAs and delivery
• Acted as Quality and Risk Management coordinator for the team to ensure relevant authority is proactively acquired, managed and corrected
Pros
Flexible hours, Pension and additional benefits, great work culture and career growth
Cons
No parking at Reading office building
Typical office atmosphere
Post room assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 January 2018
I personally found It very boring but I feel as though it was mainly to do with my job role.

Nice office clean

Nice location and convenient.

Good Luck
Pros
Wage, location
Felt like a valued member of team and given early responsibility
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
Good working hours, team were helpful and were easy to integrate with. A lot of on the job learning such as more advanced excel skills and a real insight in corporate finance strategy from different roles within the team.
Fantastice learning and growth environment
Tax Supervisor in International Taxation (Current Employee) –  London4 January 2018
Our offices are open plan which makes for a very approachable and connected working environment. We have flexible working hours with of 8 hours a day; however, most employees work 12 to 13 hour days on most occasions.

My technical knowledge, ability to team and to lead has grown in leaps and bounds. I have learned to work under tight deadlines in a stressful environment and with difficult clients successfully.

Our ultimate goal to consistently provide Exceptional Client Service.

Self development is highly encouraged and there are endless opportunities which energises employees and makes for a happy and positive culture.

Dealing with a new client and new engagement in terms of the kind of work you previously were involved in. One needs to learn very quickly in how to handle the new client and to grasp the technical aspects of the work to be provided. This usually results in many hours spent outside normal working hours and over weekends to prep and reach the standard required in order to deliver Exceptional Client Service.

Meeting new people from across the world and constantly learning something new everyday.
Pros
Self development and growth
Cons
Not compensated for hours above 8 hours a day.
Good workplace
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London2 January 2018
workplace is productive
good work life balance
supports women empowerment
client exposure
Management is supportive
Good opportunities onshore and offshore
Productive with good work ethic
Intern (Former Employee) –  London11 December 2017
The workplace was comfortable, with everyone knowing their individual roles yet at the same time linking well together. This is due to the non-hierarchical and transparent structure.
boring
Tax Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
as a junior they make you graft, for a boring job. management is very tough and there is no work life balance. they expect a job to be done no matter what you have on.
EY - a great place to start
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
I learnt a lot from my time at EY. Great people, great capability. At such a large company there is always people to guide you and help your development.
Manager, Extended Assurance (Current Employee) –  London29 November 2017
Have access to variety of clients. Support flexible working. People oriented firm. Provides stretch opportunities. Good people culture. Remuneraation can be better.
great when you are young
SENIOR AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  London21 November 2017
It is a really good career start.
You will cover plenty of different jobs, with a lot of learning opportunities. Managers are not always very good on the people side.
Always a busy office
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon20 November 2017
Professional colleagues worked hard for the client. Enjoyed the new skills that the role provided. Lovely group of individuals but work/life balance suffered.
Stressful but enjoyable workplace
Personal Assistant to Partners (Former Employee) –  Bahrain5 November 2017
I worked in a multicultural firm for 5 partners of various nationalities.

I arranged all their meetings, travel and hotel arrangements, conference calls, fielded phone calls for them.

It was a difficult but enjoyable job.
Exciting place to work
Content Producer (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station2 November 2017
• Presentations design using PowerPoint/ Word / Excel
• Reproduction of lengthy documents ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Producing bar charts, organisation charts and other forms of statistical data in a meaningful context.
• Proof reading/checking ensuring pin point accuracy
• Attention to detail
• General admin duties including handling telephone calls
• Ability to work under pressure in a deadline environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K