Extra Personnel Employee Reviews

Poor agency
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire9 October 2018
Poor agency,liars and insult you behind your back.keep a eye on your holidays if Paye.not interested in any problems you have it's all about bums on seats.
Pros
Not working for them
Cons
Dont trust!.
Very poor
LGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands29 September 2018
Advertise jobs that dont exist surprise surprise. Go to the office to register to then find out its 2days work a week not 5. They email/text you They deny saying those things to you. Extremly unprofessional give them a miss.
Pros
Cons
Lies lies lies
Extra Personnel/DHL
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire17 September 2018
I applied for a job at East Midlands Airport through Extra for a parcel sorter for DHL.
The initial process was straight forward, you pop in fill out all the paperwork & pay for you criminal check (which was promised you would get back after working with them for a few months).

The process after was a nightmare! They require tons of info from you, including a 5 year work history which you have to request from HMRC. A criminal background check. If you have any gaps in employment you will need 2 character references (in the format they request) and/or proof from the job centre if you have been on any benefits.

All of this takes time, you will then be sent on two training courses (which last pretty much all day) and then your induction. The communication is terrible, we had people in the training room getting notification at 5pm that they would need to attend training/induction the next day. I understand you have to be flexible but if you have children etc you need more notice.

I went through the application process for THREE MONTHS and only had one lot of training, I found another job during this time.

I wouldn't mind if the position was permanent but it isn't, they take on 250 people. You cant tell me they all get taken on!

Would avoid Extra in the future.
Pros
Money sounds good
Cons
No guarantee of the shifts you want. Long recruitment process.
Very unprofessional
7.5t Driver (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire11 September 2018
After being interviewed and negotiations over pay rate I was told I had four days work with a haulage company only it turned out to be three days .then comes payday payed less than agreed so spoke to them said they would sort it the following week witch they did and then told would have to take a pay cut before I would get anymore work from them guess what didn't take pay cut no work there after
Pros
Two companies I worked for were good
Cons
I have to say extra personnel
Very disapointing!
LGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire7 September 2018
Every week I was under paid, slow to respond to my issues and constantly lie! Book work..... you turn up and then cancelled but don't want to pay you! Out of all agencies I have worked for this is the worst by far. I'm so disappointed, please avoid, there are much better agencies out there. To be honest I think they have become to big and you are just a number lost in there system?
Pros
I'm still thinking.....
Cons
Never get paid what you expect, always less.
unrelieable
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham14 August 2018
as an agency the could have done better with finding jobs for their staff. When i worked for them i would never know when will my next shift be till last minute.
uk mail
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 July 2018
I was sorting parcels in UK mail using correct handling and lifting techniques and taking care of my colleagues, keeping in mind the health and safety regulations. I achieved the growth of the business since UK Mail had a lot of deliveries and I managed to complete my task with good timekeeping, being organized and performing very well both individually and as part of a team.
Pros
there aren"t any pros
Cons
the salary was too small, there was little work, the employees were expected to lift heavy parcels
worst workplace ever
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe13 June 2018
i've never been in worse workplace than by this agency.
Cold, long day hours, underpaying overworking, nothing positive.
I'm disapointed of that agency.
Pros
canteen
Cons
12h work day
Excellent
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 June 2018
Excellent working environment.
Enjoyed working there
Nice people
Nice team
Nice place to work and earn a living.,
Good pay and holiday leave entitlement
not very well
Lorry Driver Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Tamworth25 April 2018
i dont have evrey week to work . and that im not happy. i want to work 5 6 days per week and they give me somtime only 3 days or less and i try to find somting more
Great environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Smethwick, West Midlands13 April 2018
Go into the warehouse with the correct PPE. Go straight to see my shift manager to find out what job i was on. Usually unload two trailers with over 250+ parcels each which takes roughly around one and a half hours to do so, then from there i would go and repair damaged goods for approximately one hour and afterwards i was placed on high value goods for the rest of my shift which was for another two and a half hours. I learned whilst i was there time management was key, this was to make sure we achieved our goal which would depend on the amount of parcels we dealt with on the day. Management there was odd as they kept changing shift managers so this confused people on who to go to when entering the warehouse or if there was any problems. The hardest part of the job for me was getting to work this was due to myself not living close to the job therefore having to bike to work even when it was freezing cold temperatures. Most enjoyable part about the job was getting to meet and talk to people in between doing jobs as theirs a wide range of characters among the work place.
Making up the numbers
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire22 March 2018
I applied, attended a works based assessment & had a floor walk.
Got positive feedback from Extra & then was told I was not suitable.
Have failed to respond to my request for why my application was unsatisfactory.
Just invited along to keep the numbers healthy, really let down, or was it the fact I am English...............
Pros
Cons
staff
choose them only if you have no other option
baner assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 March 2018
An agency, which works mostly in the industrial work area. The managers communicate in an arrogant and degrading manner with the workers. It is hard to get any concrete information, even if you want to know your own holiday hours.They make a lot of mistakes with the salary and you have to call them over and over to fix it.
The worst agency out there!
Refuse loader (Former Employee) –  Ilkeston9 March 2018
I did the refuse runs for Erewash council the job was decent but the hours were awful they claim it to be full time on indeed you’ll be lucky to get 1 days work a month all they want is to make the numbers up to keep the contract with the council do not apply for this position it’s a waste of time.
Pros
Cons
Not enough work.
different placements
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands19 February 2018
nice place to work for good hours good pay rate.unable to get to some jobs due to distance of placement but i always tried.
good people freindly always there to help id you needed it
Pros
hours
Cons
distance
Horrendous
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 January 2018
Very underhand tactics and like to underpay. Also has a if your face doesn't fit policy. I would look elsewhere if you are a true recruiter and not belittle yourself.
Pros
Cons
Underhand
Unable to pay for work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Coventry2 January 2018
You can work for them, but must be careful as the very often NOT PAY !!!!!!
Pros
Cons
All is minus
Dr otekrrs
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire18 December 2017
Very helpful agency. Great staff who try get the hours to suit u and all ways there if u need or want advice about pay or your workplace.
There very honest In the induction and let u no that some hours u can't do it, let them no the day before or when u can and they will accommodate. They dont phone u for weeks like other agency's do if u can't do a day because of other commitments.
Pros
Very helpful
its good
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire15 December 2017
It's good agency to work for all way try to get me in to work and on the first day they take you to work and tell where all the bus stops are and show u around the work as well
Unsuitable work, few shifts and far between
Temp Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire8 November 2017
Worked at Secured Mail Warrington. No induction, no instructions, and shouted at repeatedly by a hungarian neanderthal who thought he was management potential and indispensable. Whatever hours you tell this agency you are not able to do, they ring and offer you the hours you have specifically said you can not work, i e no weekends, you will be contacted solely to work weekends. Also they sent me 25 miles out & I was sent home early after great productivity,
not worth the petrol.
Pros
Water is on free vend, if your co workers allow you 30 secs!
Cons
Clocking on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extra Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8