Extra Personnel Employee Reviews

Waste of time
None yet (Former Employee) –  Castle Donington, Leicestershire18 April 2019
Turned up for interview, stood outside in the rain ringing the buzzer for 15 minutes but no answer , rang through to nadine in recruitment but again no answer.... Trued to follow up later on that day only to get a txt from nadine saying they have no one on reception and she didn't hear the call... No apologies or offer of a further interview, complete waste of time, very poor management and organisational skills. Don't waste your time with this company.
Pros
I had a lucky escape
Cons
Waste of time
Keep it moving.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire19 March 2019
I applied for a job, it wasn't until I got to their office to register that they told me it was actually just one shift.

Stay clear of this agency, they're misleading with their advertising.
Pros
Cons
12 hour shifts with one 30 minute break and one 15 minute break.
Productive and fun
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Feltham, Greater London23 January 2019
They hired me and are friendly, they continueously help me achieve my targets

It’s an agency so they give me jobs I could join then I decide between them depending on hourly pay
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Low hourly pay
Soul destroying work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire13 January 2019
Absolute rubbish you're just stuck with a load of foreigners who won't even speak to you unless they want to be rude to you and speak to you like your rubbish. An the work is very repetitive and soul destroying and boring. You need absolutely no skill and there no room to learn to new things as an ape could do it.
Pros
Decent canteen but you are sat on your own as nobody speaks to the English.
Cons
See above.
Nice
Agency Worker- Line production (Former Employee) –  Leyland11 January 2019
Worked as a line production and always very fun because i enjoyed all the work and colleagues i worked with the work environment is friendly that is how much i can say
Pros
Cons
10 Hours
agency workers
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire6 January 2019
I'd never worked for a agency before and hope never to work for a agency ever again after my very bad experience with this company .I went for a interview which was a complete sham/ joke as a lot of people weren't dressed properly to be interviewed. . I got the deep impression they would have signed anyone up to fill there quota for a large local employer .No organisation which everyone complained about and felt that the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. The first 7 weeks I had a variety of problems with the agency ,mainly not being paid correctly which was a very common problem. I later found out after talking to my fellow workers( the general impression was they do this deliberately ,as this probably makes them more money sitting in their account). most people just want to be employed permanently by the company the agency are supplying workers for ,so they can off load this bad agency. In the time I worked for them I didn't hear anyone have a good word to say about them.
the only good thing I can say about working for them was I had a really good supervisor
Pros
Cons
long hrs unpaid breaks
Stay clear
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire15 November 2018
This agency are the absolute worst company I’ve ever had the displeasure of working for completely useless! All you are is money to them stay well clear not worth the bother!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
very strict work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 November 2018
A day on DHL with extra personnel was very boring due to repetitive movements and standing still in the same place all day.
I have learned to pack orders, and using specific programs for processing the order on the computer.
The workplace is dealing with the online deliveries.
The hardest part of the job was to stand still in the same place where was very close to the loading bays where was freezing.
I would enjoy it more with a heater around but this are the working conditions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the lunch break!
Poor agency
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire9 October 2018
Poor agency,liars and insult you behind your back.keep a eye on your holidays if Paye.not interested in any problems you have it's all about bums on seats.
Pros
Not working for them
Cons
Dont trust!.
Very poor
LGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands29 September 2018
Advertise jobs that dont exist surprise surprise. Go to the office to register to then find out its 2days work a week not 5. They email/text you They deny saying those things to you. Extremly unprofessional give them a miss.
Pros
Cons
Lies lies lies
Extra Personnel/DHL
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire17 September 2018
I applied for a job at East Midlands Airport through Extra for a parcel sorter for DHL.
The initial process was straight forward, you pop in fill out all the paperwork & pay for you criminal check (which was promised you would get back after working with them for a few months).

The process after was a nightmare! They require tons of info from you, including a 5 year work history which you have to request from HMRC. A criminal background check. If you have any gaps in employment you will need 2 character references (in the format they request) and/or proof from the job centre if you have been on any benefits.

All of this takes time, you will then be sent on two training courses (which last pretty much all day) and then your induction. The communication is terrible, we had people in the training room getting notification at 5pm that they would need to attend training/induction the next day. I understand you have to be flexible but if you have children etc you need more notice.

I went through the application process for THREE MONTHS and only had one lot of training, I found another job during this time.

I wouldn't mind if the position was permanent but it isn't, they take on 250 people. You cant tell me they all get taken on!

Would avoid Extra in the future.
Pros
Money sounds good
Cons
No guarantee of the shifts you want. Long recruitment process.
Very unprofessional
7.5t Driver (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire11 September 2018
After being interviewed and negotiations over pay rate I was told I had four days work with a haulage company only it turned out to be three days .then comes payday payed less than agreed so spoke to them said they would sort it the following week witch they did and then told would have to take a pay cut before I would get anymore work from them guess what didn't take pay cut no work there after
Pros
Two companies I worked for were good
Cons
I have to say extra personnel
Very disapointing!
LGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire7 September 2018
Every week I was under paid, slow to respond to my issues and constantly lie! Book work..... you turn up and then cancelled but don't want to pay you! Out of all agencies I have worked for this is the worst by far. I'm so disappointed, please avoid, there are much better agencies out there. To be honest I think they have become to big and you are just a number lost in there system?
Pros
I'm still thinking.....
Cons
Never get paid what you expect, always less.
unrelieable
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham14 August 2018
as an agency the could have done better with finding jobs for their staff. When i worked for them i would never know when will my next shift be till last minute.
uk mail
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 July 2018
I was sorting parcels in UK mail using correct handling and lifting techniques and taking care of my colleagues, keeping in mind the health and safety regulations. I achieved the growth of the business since UK Mail had a lot of deliveries and I managed to complete my task with good timekeeping, being organized and performing very well both individually and as part of a team.
Pros
there aren"t any pros
Cons
the salary was too small, there was little work, the employees were expected to lift heavy parcels
Poorly run but good holidays and fully flexible
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 June 2018
Poor management, poorly run.
Experience varies depending on where the agency bases you.

However, Salary, holidays,holiday pay and flexibility is great.
worst workplace ever
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe13 June 2018
i've never been in worse workplace than by this agency.
Cold, long day hours, underpaying overworking, nothing positive.
I'm disapointed of that agency.
Pros
canteen
Cons
12h work day
Excellent
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 June 2018
Excellent working environment.
Enjoyed working there
Nice people
Nice team
Nice place to work and earn a living.,
Good pay and holiday leave entitlement
not very well
Lorry Driver Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Tamworth25 April 2018
i dont have evrey week to work . and that im not happy. i want to work 5 6 days per week and they give me somtime only 3 days or less and i try to find somting more
Great environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Smethwick, West Midlands13 April 2018
Go into the warehouse with the correct PPE. Go straight to see my shift manager to find out what job i was on. Usually unload two trailers with over 250+ parcels each which takes roughly around one and a half hours to do so, then from there i would go and repair damaged goods for approximately one hour and afterwards i was placed on high value goods for the rest of my shift which was for another two and a half hours. I learned whilst i was there time management was key, this was to make sure we achieved our goal which would depend on the amount of parcels we dealt with on the day. Management there was odd as they kept changing shift managers so this confused people on who to go to when entering the warehouse or if there was any problems. The hardest part of the job for me was getting to work this was due to myself not living close to the job therefore having to bike to work even when it was freezing cold temperatures. Most enjoyable part about the job was getting to meet and talk to people in between doing jobs as theirs a wide range of characters among the work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extra Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8