Experian

Experian Employee Reviews

United Kingdom150 reviews
Talent/HR team are fantastic, great culture and work place.

The company offers good workalike balance.

The location is idea right next to Victoria station.
Experian operates predominantly in the financial sector which changes at an exceptional rate. To stay ahead there is therefore a constant need for the company to change and evolve to meet client needs. This creates a face paced and challenging environment.
Extremely fast paced environment which requires commitment, passion and an endeavour to succeed. Extremely rewarding environment which emphasis on a team approach.
I was well supported by my team whilst at Experian. The workload was usually manageable. The benefits package was pretty good. Training was provided when changes occurred within the company.
good company to work.good people.good salary.more training needed.Management need little more long term planning for employees.Leadership is not that commendable in technology area
Great company to work for. Learning was part of day to day activity. Very challenging working environment. Excellent guidance and support from senior management.
Use cutting edge tech. Good team spirit. Work place is very relaxed. I had the opportunity to work with a set of very advanced technology. Good Management
Dynamic business with a clear vision.

Nurtures talent, good opportunities for growth and they listen to their staff.

They invest in the future and willing to try new things
Pay good, people good, progression slow. Savings scheme and pension good. I would recommend people to work here but job security is a bit worrying now people can get their credit files and reports for free now.
Competitive environment and looking to increase investment to drive future growth.

Increased emphasis on product development and improving quality of training to aid results.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Experian?
One of the well known brands in the UK, the role was a client facing role, which really builds your client facing and stakeholder management skills.

Expect to hit the ground running and learn the product as quickly as you can.
Company is good with good share and pension scheme, management are willing to give flexy hours without any issues.

They understand each individual needs, and willing to help.
Amazing environment
Good location

Good salary

Good hours

Would 100% recommend the company to work for

Very social

Inclusive of everyone no matter your job title
I enjoyed my time within Experian. Only reason I have entertained the possibility of moving on is due to the duration of time I have been at the company.
I joined here as a temp 3 and a half years ago with no intention of staying. However I was in a great team with a brilliant manager and when offered a permanent role decided to stay.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here, but there seems to be a complete lack of anyone really knowing whats's going on. There's so much change and so many departments even finding out who to go to for a simple IT issue can sometimes take days!

The powers that be also seem to like making decisions about processes they know very little about without realising the impacts.

All in all a decent place to work but I wouldn't want to get involved in the politics of it all.
Pros
Sharesave scheme, flexible working, great people to work with
Cons
Too much change and feels very unorganised.
Ample opportunity to advance and a culture within the service area that is focused on staff development and customer satisfaction. would happily work there again
Gained knowledge of how business and consumer information is gathered and assessed to create credit information files.
Experienced management team deliver good results however series of restructures during my tenure brought a high turnover of staff.

Young team who were sociable made it a fun environment to work.

Left Experian due to relocation to live in London.
Pros
Subsided staff meals
Cons
Turnover of staff
I worked at Experian for almost 6 months and for that time it was really fun and active place to work. Everyone was really helpful around there when there is something wrong.
Pros
Cafeteria inside, life work balance, break - lunch times, helpful environment
Cons
Longer hours than usuall
The money is good for those in sales that want to earn some decent bonus. Depending on the area you work in. The perks are also very strong, good pension, shares etc.

Downside is the technology and silo matrix organisation. Job security is also a big worry for most people. Particulary service and in some cases sales
Pros
good bonus
Cons
too many cooks spoiling the broth
I enjoyed my time at Experian but when the job became all about statistics and not customer service which is what I was employed for I no longer enjoyed my job. There was also problems with the systems that made it very difficult to do your job accurately.
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
Poor systems to do your job
Good culture, great middle layer people and nice balance between home and work.
However always chasing the revenue, short term focus and very reactive to competitors actions. Traditionally a B2B business, and so no real focus on the actual channel that drives B2C revenue, onsite/app journeys are weak and very corporate like. Management team are nice, can be very political and very much about keeping certain senior heads happy, rather than being customer focused and doing the right thing.