Experian Employee Reviews

Found 139 reviews matching the search See all 1,347 reviews
very productive company
Reports specialist (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 September 2019
Company is good with good share and pension scheme, management are willing to give flexy hours without any issues.

They understand each individual needs, and willing to help.
Good
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Melbour27 August 2019
Amazing environment
Good location
Good salary
Good hours
Would 100% recommend the company to work for
Very social
Inclusive of everyone no matter your job title
Great people, but very disjointed
Consumer Data Management Support (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 July 2019
I joined here as a temp 3 and a half years ago with no intention of staying. However I was in a great team with a brilliant manager and when offered a permanent role decided to stay.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here, but there seems to be a complete lack of anyone really knowing whats's going on. There's so much change and so many departments even finding out who to go to for a simple IT issue can sometimes take days!

The powers that be also seem to like making decisions about processes they know very little about without realising the impacts.

All in all a decent place to work but I wouldn't want to get involved in the politics of it all.
Pros
Sharesave scheme, flexible working, great people to work with
Cons
Too much change and feels very unorganised.
Great Place to work
Various Management Roles (Former Employee) –  Nottingham1 July 2019
Ample opportunity to advance and a culture within the service area that is focused on staff development and customer satisfaction. would happily work there again
Results driven but fun working environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire26 June 2019
Gained knowledge of how business and consumer information is gathered and assessed to create credit information files.
Experienced management team deliver good results however series of restructures during my tenure brought a high turnover of staff.
Young team who were sociable made it a fun environment to work.
Left Experian due to relocation to live in London.
Pros
Subsided staff meals
Cons
Turnover of staff
Fun and active workplace
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 June 2019
I worked at Experian for almost 6 months and for that time it was really fun and active place to work. Everyone was really helpful around there when there is something wrong.
Pros
Cafeteria inside, life work balance, break - lunch times, helpful environment
Cons
Longer hours than usuall
good money
manager (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire30 May 2019
The money is good for those in sales that want to earn some decent bonus. Depending on the area you work in. The perks are also very strong, good pension, shares etc.

Downside is the technology and silo matrix organisation. Job security is also a big worry for most people. Particulary service and in some cases sales
Pros
good bonus
Cons
too many cooks spoiling the broth
Experian
Complaint Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire27 May 2019
I enjoyed my time at Experian but when the job became all about statistics and not customer service which is what I was employed for I no longer enjoyed my job. There was also problems with the systems that made it very difficult to do your job accurately.
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
Poor systems to do your job
Experian Consumer Services
Experian Consumer Services (Former Employee) –  London22 May 2019
Good culture, great middle layer people and nice balance between home and work.
However always chasing the revenue, short term focus and very reactive to competitors actions. Traditionally a B2B business, and so no real focus on the actual channel that drives B2C revenue, onsite/app journeys are weak and very corporate like. Management team are nice, can be very political and very much about keeping certain senior heads happy, rather than being customer focused and doing the right thing.
Caring for such a large corporate company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 May 2019
I enjoyed my experience working for Experian. The company work hard to help you achieve a good work life balance. We were trusted to get on with our work and allowed to work from home. Yearly bonuses were never massive but still nice to have. Never dealt with customers but staff were mostly friendly. Working conditions good with good staff canteen. The only issue would be the lack of security. Lots of jobs being outsourced abroad so lots of redundancies. Other than that I would recommend
Pros
Work life balance, treated like an adult and trusted to manage own workload
Cons
Too many redundancies
Secure role
Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nottingham12 May 2019
Secure role but overall work experience for ambitious people wasn't enough. Management were not always supportive or helpful in career progression. Management should be given better training in how to motivate and inspire people.
Great Starting Point
Core Customer Care Colleague (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire30 March 2019
Gives you the experience and stepping stones needed to progress further and explore what is out there, targets are tight and must be met at all levels.
Moving slowly, like an oil tanker turning
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham27 March 2019
Priorities that change fairly regularly and often lack of clarity around what a priority is. With some amazing managers, there are equally as many showing outdated and poor practices. There is a will to improve but the ability to move forward is frustratingly slow. Sad. There is immense potential.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of direction
Relaxed and professional environment
Customer Service and Correspondence Executive (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 March 2019
The relaxed and laid back atmosphere, yet also very professional and supportive. The managers were very supportive and pushed you to make the most out of the opportunities offered
worst leaders I have ever seen
Head of project Delivery (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 February 2019
I would not go near Experian as an employee or customer, they have no understanding of leadership or management whatsoever.
They build in an annual bonus as part of the package, but make sure only very senior grades ever actually receive it, and they ALWAYS receive it regardless of performance or results.

This is the worst 'them and us' culture I have witnessed.
Pros
Cons
long hours, brutal apprasial process
Great for soical life
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham31 January 2019
Assisted customers in understanding of their credit report. Use of empathetic approach to advise customers why they may have been rejected for credit and offer assistance in improving their report to best protect against repeat negative results;
started great but then ruined itself
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside, nottingham24 January 2019
i had a placement here started in Southport, it was all great yeah it was a lot of work with high expectations it was annoying but i enjoyed it and it was challenging. some of the people in the Southport office were judgemental based on previous students. eventually our desk was shut down to open a new one in nottingham the two students was asked to come help set up the new team this is where it went to h£ll. We went from a team of 6 who knew what they was doing to a team of 4, 2 of which was expected to do everything the team of 6 had to do and then train new people at the same time. the expectations was the same as the last team so we was swamped doing unpaid over time all the time i lost half my year to waste doing this work. once we left they made the new team redundant and moved the desks to Africa so obviously there is no job security there at all!
Pros
not many
Cons
too much to even think of
Shiny Happy Pod People
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 January 2019
If your face doesn't fit on the call floor they will either push you to quit or have you fired, my manager found any excuse to write me up, and no i'm not exaggerating. He said he's had a complaint from another member of staff because I mutter to myself when I'm working, never before has my talking to myself while I work been a disciplinary issue. He had me in the office for not smiling when I was on a call, for jokingly asking if I could skip the staff meeting as I was doing well with regards to referencing the new product in all of my calls where appropriate.

The place is a genuine nightmare if you end up with the wrong team leader, which unfortunately I did. During my training the other managers came to check on the new team members on a regular basis, I saw mine once.
Pros
The chair spins
Cons
Poor management, Long Hours, Very Clique Oriented.
Overall great place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 January 2019
Really enjoyed my time here. Met some great people.
Lots of chance for progression.
Only negative is that working in different departments can feel like working for a different company.
Pros
progression within the company
Cons
can be long hours depending on the area you work in
Frigid environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham14 January 2019
I would recommend this job to someone who likes to work in call centres but doesn't care for the customer aspect of service. Very compliant role with virtually room for imagination or ingenuity.
Pros
canteen on sight
Cons
Strict floor