Expeditors Employee Reviews

Interesting office culture
AIR IMPORT CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey21 April 2019
This place is all about doing the right thing.
Depending on which department you are in you will either succeed and grow or you will be stuck in the same position and pay for years.
Although they do try to look after your needs, you are still just a number in a big corporation.
Pros
growth
Cons
office politics
Motivating place of work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 August 2018
Very good for employees with longevity in the business.

Attention to detail is necessary.

Strong work ethic and they value employees.

This company is very good if you wish to have a career in supply chain. It is a small office with friendly staff.

Based in Avonmouth.
One of the worst companies to work for.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Airport3 August 2018
One of the worst companies you could work for.

Pretensious company who will only let you progress if your face fits and if you act and dress a certain way.
Actively encourage bullying and homophobic language.

Import Supervisor is a bully.

Turnover of staff is quite staggering.

Do not ruin your career working for this company.
Pay peanuts
Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Uk7 December 2017
Pay awful, everyone is related, so personal life is mixed with work life. No respect for women. Simply awful company. Avoid at all costs and work for a proper company
Pros
Xmas bonus
Cons
Unprofessional
Good Company but workflie balabce for Managers is very much limited
Ocean Export Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester24 September 2017
the money benefits are very good but it is only a reflection of the long hours put in to cope with the volume of work. Some systems are very progression but the main operating system is very out of date and overly reliant on manual input
Fast Paced and Motivating
Transcon Agent (Former Employee) –  Hebron1 March 2017
From day one, this position was very fast paced and customer focused. Pleasing the customer was always our number one goal and the company would do what was necessary to make sure that the customer was satisfied.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, great hours, plenty of room for advancement
Cons
customer relations were only via email and telephone (not face to face)
Enjoyable experience
Imports Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport16 February 2017
My first real taste of office work environment, a very fast paced, challenging role, no 2 days were the same.

The team were very friendly, with many team building exercises
Good company to work with
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  1 Ascot Rd, Bedfont TW14 8QH30 October 2016
Shift 4 days on,4 days off.
Different shifts,days and hights.
You can learn different types of warehouse equipment
Can progress in career ladder if you have the right attitude and approach to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Export Operator (Current Employee) –  Newtownabbey District16 October 2016
Good place to work and also good job security, work life balance is also very good. Always encouraged to think outside the box
Dynamic
Regional Account Manager EMEA (Former Employee) –  Heathrow5 March 2016
Every day was varied depending on whether travelling or working from the office. You are left to make your own decisions on what is best for the company and your customer in order to ensure that business runs smoothly.

Excellent team to work with
Brilliant work environment
Ocean Import Apprentice (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow19 October 2015
I think Expeditors as a company is fantastic. It works so hard to work with it's employees to produce a fantastic work environment and brilliant results within the company are a reward for this
Pros
Great Management, Great Ethics
Cons
non.....
relaxed but serious place to work.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  livingston29 September 2015
Every day was a joy to work ...very busy and a good team of guys to rely on using thier own innitiative...We were on a goods in /picking rota from week to week which gave us variety and interest from week to week..duties were heavy going sometimes but teamwork,(espeacially going from a 6 ma team down to a 2 man team.)got us through with concentration, focus, humour and encouragement for moral....Our boss is and will always be one of the finest Managers i have ever worked for..many co-workers very insecure and needed a lot of encouragment but this was forthcoming from me as a an "arm round the shoulder"...to provide good moral......not really any hardest part of job....just challenges....the most important part.....getting the job done in 9hrs to suit and satisfy our client....
Pros
teamwork
Cons
insecure adults
Local vacinity
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol3 September 2015
Loading and Unloading of containers
Goods in / Goods out using Counter balance Fork Lift
Pick and Pack customer orders for both Domestic and Worldwide deliveries
Arrange collections with numerous courier agencies
Stock control using Accelos in-house computer system
Pros
Hours - no shift pattern
Cons
Agency / Temp contracts
Very well run and well structured
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Ashford2 September 2015
Expeditors was a great company to work for, the working environment was vibrant and the workload was distributed evenly.

Management were always available to help.

Reasons for leaving were on a personal level and nothing to do with the company or people that worked there.
''You'd be surprised how far we'll go for you''
Import Brokerage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harmondsworth2 January 2015
To set standard for excellence in global logistics through total communication to quality in people and customer service, with superior finanical results.
Commitmed to go beond the expectations of what compaines need from global logistics.
Hardest part of the job was trying to implementing new changes / improvements to more experienced team members.
Enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and completeing self based training.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Sometimes Working Weekends
Credit Controll assistant
Credit Controller/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedfont Ashford11 July 2014
I have worked with this company for the 8 Years in this logistic company. I took on all admin clerk tasks. Worked in team in the credit control department. Normal day would be to send out invoices to clients by email post or faxing. Update clients data base on regular basis. Requesting payments for invoices over 30 days by email on the phone. I enjoy working part of team. Answering queries from customers regarding payments and goods. Having twice a week meeting as department to update clients and how to improve the quality of the service the best we can. Meet the targets to perform our daily job.
Pros
Aprreciation day free lunch provided. Medical care and pension
Cons
Meeting deadlines at the end of month.
Productive, well-organised vibrant workplace
Gateway, Cargo Assistant/co-worker. (Former Employee) –  Middlesex11 May 2013
At Expeditors I learnt a lot, I was given many responsibilities and the people were very helpful.
They had self-motivation, dedication and taught me how the business worked.
A typical day at work meant being at the office by 9am, I would work on the computers using their desktop software to book freight flights. I would type in the departure location, its destination, the price rates and times of departure and arrival. I would also log in truck waiting times, how much money was lost in that time and how much would be owed to the company at the end of each month. I put these statistics into a self-created excel spread sheet where I worked out average waiting times and which trucks needed more management.
The job's I did were explained by co-workers (Calumm and Ben) who had been working in the department many years before I came, to start with Calumm gave me organisational manual work that involved file management and data processing. But then Ben took over and taught me how to make calls to other branches and companies about flights, bookings, times and rates per container or unit. At one point I was responsible for updating Expeditors shipping rates on the data base which was a huge responsibility, I had to re-check them several times as any error would create so much loss and inconvenience to the company so this was the hardest job as the pressure was high. However, I overcame this and did the job well which was self-satisfying. I enjoyed everything about the job, I felt I had importance and what I was doing consisted of actual work that needed to be done even though every
  more... now and then there were points where I had finished my work early and ran out of things to do so with this I was able to take a longer lunch break (around 12 or 1pm).
I was required to work until 5 or 6pm and most days it would be 5.30 that I’d finish at, I would do this job/experience all over again as I enjoyed the busy atmosphere as well as feeling smart and sensible (by how I was dressed in suites and doing a lot of work)

Pros
The Lunch kitchen had a lot of Facilities and joined onto a relaxing sitting area with tables etc
Cons
Work ran out every so often due to my productivity, sitting down for long hours would hurt my back and legs.
Corporate style company with lots of regulations. Expectations are high, but if you work hard you will be rewarded.
Ocean Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire23 April 2013
My role at Expeditors is extremely varied. I manage all functions of the Ocean Import and Ocean Export departments which includes management of nine members of staff.

Another major part of my role is to support the Sales team in bringing on new business, which I really enjoy.

The hardest part of my job is quoting; we have a lot of quote requests since the economic downturn. A lot of the companies who ask us to quote are only benchmarking against their current freight forwarder so a lot of time is spent on pricing business we don't expect to handle which can be frustrating.