Expedia Group

Expedia Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Expedia is a diverse and cultural place to work. Employees are extremely friendly and supporting and make it an extremely enjoyable place to work.
Working days go by very fast due to the nature of the office and the high demand client.
It's a shadow of the place it used to be. Promises are made and then not kept. Communication is absolutely terrible, things can and do change at a moments notice, without any notification.
Great place to work. Very people focused and lots of travel. Huge amount of scope to grow and pursue opportunities. Brand Expedia is very US focussed and driven but Hotels.com is HQ'd in London and has a better 'vibe', brand and more agile.
Moved teams so many times I had 9 team leaders.....slowed down progression and promotion to zero. Managers did not have clue about performance management
Expedia showcases a young culture based on being open, transparent and honest, whilst they encourage you to be the best version of yourself, always team-working. The fast pace the change is always happening at the company forces you to be very adaptable.
They have nice Lonodn offices and people are generally nice but since the Hed Office is in the US, all the best roles are located there. If you are looking for more senior high paying roles, it is not the best place to be unles syou are looking for cushy 9 to 5 job.
great place to work
fast paced

management listen to your needs

expanded my knowledge in IT

everyone gets along

the friendliness of the people was amazing
Good workplace and colleagues but absolutely no room for career growth. I mean a dead-end track for those who want something more than a 9 to 5 lowish-paid job.
People are amazing, smart and fun an willing to make things better.
Flexible culture ( wear what you want, work when you want and from where you want as long as you deliver)

Amazing social events

Great opportunities to learn
Buona azienda per cui lavorare anche se l'ambiente non e' il massimo. Ottimo rapporto vita privata/lavoro
they need to provide better pay for colleagues and better structure
Working at Expedia is a great place to work. It will challenge you and enable you to work in an industry that really matters nowadays. The workplace culture was an environment that was great.
I joined because that I love travel. The company culture wasn't very supportive. My manager was not a very professional person, and that set back the whole team's performance a lot. Eventually the whole team left.
A typical day at work is being surrounded by a very friendly environment and fun where on your busiest and bad days everyone manages to make you smile, loads of events on a weekly basis which is great for networking.
It is a great place overall as no matter where you from, your religion, sexual orientation etc... you are very welcome to come through it doors and feel free to express yourself how you wish (bearing in mind by being well mannered and educated person)

I have also been sitting on the worldwide board for the LGBTQ side of the business as the President and managed to achieved what I have promised I would do if I win the elections, by making history in London participating on the annual LGBTQ Parade alongside with other tech companies such as Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Salesforce, Barclays, HSBC, etc...and the most enjoyable part of the job has been the opportunity offered to be President of such an organisation while delivering your daily workload smoothly.
Pros
Friendly environment, weekly events, and fun atmosphere
Cons
New starters very frequently and not enough time to build a long and trust relationship
This was the best workplace I have worked at. The relaxed atmosphere was perfect and the services provided by the office were fantastic and the peoples attitudes were pleasant.
Great workplace with a great team, and a visionary leadership. UK has a great work/life balance, and new offices very central to the city,and close to clients
I wouldn't have have even interviewed if I knew how bad this company would be to work for.

My name was never spelt correctly in the six months I worked here, despite bringing it up several times to colleagues, IT support and management.

Everything that was suggested would always fall on deaf ears too, so I left
Pros
Systems were down regularly, so you could leave early
Cons
Systems were down regularly, so you didn't get paid when you left early
Adorei trabalhar na Expedia e conheci pessoas maravilhosas. Infelizmente muitos sairam da empresa por falta de crescimento profissional.
Pros
Viagens e hotels 5* pagados
Cons
Dificuldade em crescimento
If you are willing to work for a lower salary and not get deserved promotions then it is a great place to work. Some of the management is great others are not.
In this job, I had a taste of what it was like to gain experience in how IT and computing affects the scope of how a large corporate business like Expedia utilizes programming and IT in order to run an efficient business. I learnt rudimentary, and complex programming techniques as well as how big corporations function in general.
loved this job - hate working weekend, i love my weekends off as i had 2 kids at this time and didnt see much of them,
won a trip to south africa for my stats

ht your targets getting paid more money
Pros
bonus commission
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedia Group. Our community is ready to answer.