Exertis Micro-P Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Elland, West Yorkshire8 October 2019
I joined this company in good faith after a great interview. I was promised a bonus on top of my (very low) monthly salary which never appeared. After a very poor and limited training period I was left alone to manage up to 3 people's work loads. Poor management means that staff are often off all together and work is left to pile up. Grievances were ignored and swiftly forgotten. Very poor salary for the work you are expected to do. I was encouraged to ask questions but was made to feel stupid when I did. Consistently belittled by certain members of management and generally treated badly. I would not recommend this as a place of work to anyone.
Poor management and no one cares about the staff
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire17 May 2019
I worked here as a supply chain coordinator through an agency, they offered me a permanent job which I flatly refused - twice.
Management are only interested in numbers, but not the ones that matter, like high staff turnover and job dissatisfaction. Favouritism and even sexism are rife here, there's still a 'boys club mentality'. Those that are good at their job outside of the sales team are driven into the ground with workload and no rewards, all without so much as a thank you.
When you try to point out improvements or suggest changes you are effectively ostracised, once again by a management that is only interested in profit and not people.

Maybe a company for those looking for a start in sales and have the drive to see it through, or a first job out of college as work experience in a larger company, but don't expect to find job satisfaction here.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Long hours, poor management, high turnover
Avoid. Worst in channel
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire24 March 2019
Outdated boys club mentality among management who are firmly stuck in the 80s. Systems and processes are cripplingly outdated and new ideas and ways of doing things are ignored. Promotions and advancements are gifted to people who are friends with the bosses. Staff turnover is the worst I have ever seen in any of previous jobs - in two years only 2 people are left out of 50.

Avoid this place if you want to enjoy your job and have a career.
Former employee
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Altham, Lancashire10 January 2019
Former employee in warehouse of many years made redundant in 2015 along with 20+ other ppl , all of which were aged over 40, so they was weeding out the older ppl altho legally they can't say that so told everyone lame excuses.

Don't bother applying if your over 30 as you won't last to long, poor management and poor wages.
Shame I'm not still there as I drive the VNA trucks they are currently advertising for :)
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
To much favouritism
Went for an interview, never heard back
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire12 December 2018
I went for an interview for a role and despite ringing and sending lots of emails to their HR team, I never got a response or any feedback. Really disappointing and discourteous, and it was a good interview so even if I hadn’t got the job I would have been able to use the feedback. Poor
Could be a LOT better
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire9 August 2018
The company promises so much at the start but the reality kicks in soon enough. If they can't fill a particular job through advertising - either internally or externally - they will move some poor unsuspecting employee so that they can class the job as 'filled'. The poor employee doesn't have much say in the matter (apart from resignation).
Staff turnover is extremely high, due to the company taking little interest in how their staff feel, and the fact that the pay is appalling (even though they are supposed to be in-line with market expectations).
If you want to work in the industry, there are others out there who will treat you a lot better than this lot.
Pros
Onsite canteen, fairly decent staff purchase scheme
Cons
Bad management, low wages for the industry, no job satisfaction
picker packer vna driver
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Altham28 June 2017
I was work in exertis as picker packer also i drove VNA trucks. Thera are many people work other there so you can make a lot of friends. Good shifts.
Warehouse op, full time
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Altham, Lancashire28 June 2017
Never had any problems working here only left because of personal desires never had a problem with staff or any management and the management always supported me with things I wanted to learn and understand at unit 4 or at junction 7 before the company started the relocation to the Hapton burnley Bridge site
Pros
Hours, staff
Favouritism and poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire10 May 2017
We're do I start..... the management was very poor, it doesn't matter if you made 1,000 profit if you did less then 30-40 calls per day you wasn't good enough for the job. They didn't treat people fairly they would constantly have favourites who could basically do what they want when they want. If they did 10 calls a day and hardly any commission they didn't care and would just target the new people who were trying and doing 20,30 and 40 calls a day. The staff are very two faced and will talk about you but never to you. Think twice before you apply here :-) .....
Pros
Hours
Cons
Colleagues, management
Not great management but good incentives
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire7 May 2017
I was told on multiple occasions that I would have the training that I was promised and after 3 months I still hadn't received any inside training. Only training from companies on call out days. Minimal respect from certain people in the office but some others are great.

It doesn't matter how much money you make in the day... if your call stats aren't good enough then you aren't good enough.

Would definitely prefer Tech Data
Pros
Call Out days
Cons
lack of training
day like every day
Retunrns department worker (Former Employee) –  altham27 May 2014
i start work at 9 am and for next 8 hours i sat at computer,
so i worked like that every day