Exemplar Health Care

Exemplar Health Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom197 reviews
Fair management
Hard work. Good coworkers.job satisfaction.support from coworkers.specific duties. Time keeping essential. Picking up extra shifts.flexibility needed. Patience.
4 May 2020
Thank you for your comments and your commitment to making every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
Excellent
I would highly recommend working at Excemplar health care. Amazing support system within my team- recruitment dept. Hard work is always recognised in this company.
28 May 2020
Staff no work ethic,
Staff are all in a click. Racist comments and laugh about it. They friends with management so they cant be disciplined. The staff are horrible and loads of things happen and get covered up
26 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to read about your negative experience. It would be useful to gain more information about the concerns you have raised so we can investigate further. If you would be happy to discuss these in more detail please contact the Commissioning Director, Claire Cannings at ccannings@exemplarhc.com
Support worker
Working for lakeview, I'll have to say, needs lots of improvement, especially managers, managers are not helpful, there not interested, and scared of service users, staff well let's just say, they like there clicks, so beware,
12 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to read your experience was not as positive as we aim for at Exemplar. We have recently seen a change in management at Lakeview which we are confident will address any issues of this nature. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please contact the Commissioning Director, Claire at ccannings@exemplarhc.com
Exemplar is a great place to work
I love working for exemplar healthcare, its fantastic to be part of such an amazing company who really care for their service users and staff. Every day is different and challenging but very exciting too.
16 April 2020
Too much swept under the carpet
Emphasis is on how everything looks on the surface but look a little deeper and its rotten to the core. So many things are swept under the carpet, carers arent respected by nurses (not all of them though) even though carers are the ones who spend the most time with the service users. Managers are afraid of confrontation and just try to be friends with everyone. Everything is a big song and dance when the CQC attend, whe realistically nothing should change. There is alot of good relatuonships aswell though and some amazing client/staff bonds. The care staff work themselves to the bone because they care for the service users but get no gratitude in return. Its long hours for eubbish money and yoy arent made aware that your breaks get stopped when you are on annual leave. So every day of annual leave has an hour taken from it!! There is a fun sude, and there is a lot of laughter but if you are abit quirky or your face doesnt fit you're in for a tough ride!!
25 March 2020
Thank you for your comment about your experience whilst working at one of our homes. We value and take on board all feedback as it means we are able to make improvements to make every day better for our colleagues and service users. Our priority is to listen to our colleagues and ensure that we provide support regarding colleagues welfare. I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me at ngreenfield@exemplarhc.com Neil Greenfield, Regional Director of Operations.
This is what i felt about certain things at eastlands
Most staff were lovely management awful never got breaks it was do what management want whether it was right or wrong if they did something wrong it didnt matterthey just got away with it had some lovely managers there but this one the worst
25 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Please be assured that all colleagues are given the opportunity to take breaks throughout their shifts in line with legislation and company procedures. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments; If you wish to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to contact me at dnorth@exemplarhc.com Donna North, Regional Director of Operations.
Very well managed clean and great staff
Love working here as a maintenance technician. It’s like a big happy family, everyone helps each other and help when the going gets tough. Money isn’t great but the environment makes up for it.
20 March 2020
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Exemplar Health Care?
Very stressful with lacking managment
Understaffed shifts with no help from management. Experienced bulling from staff and patients, individually and as a group. You need no heart here. Little regular staff with plenty of agency.
17 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I would like to say I am truly sorry about your experience whilst working for Exemplar Health Care.
We take the care and safety of our service users and colleagues very seriously, I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me at kbroderick@exemplarhc.com Kerry Broderick, Regional Director of Operations.
High quality care provider for young adults
Great place to work, we are a great team and look after some very complex people but it's so rewarding. We have a large team so we can spend time on those little things that make a big difference.
6 March 2020
No drive
Let's just get through today attitude. Left to work alone several times.
Alot of staff sickness.

No real team work.

I got the feeling that nobody enjoyed working there.
Employees are not taken into account by the company management.
Employees are not taken into account by the company management, when you tell them the home manager doesn't respect you or doesn't respect service user, company bosses say they want to see evidence-you give them the evidence and they would not consider them because they do not want to hear you. But when the home manager makes a complaint against you and without any evidence, immediately the company bosses believe and take action against you, all these troubles happen with those who complain about the company irregularities. Those who want to commit to this company i advise you to gather as much evidence as possible before ,,pictures phone, record phone,make copies on papers, etc,, when you want to make a complaint.
3 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I would like to say I am truly sorry about your experience as an employee of Exemplar Health Care. We take the respectful treatment of our team members very seriously and I am concerned about this issues you have raised.

We are a company that listens and learns from its staff and I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me at dnorth@exemplarhc.com Donna North, Regional Director of Operations
awful culture and atmosphere
management are a waste of time the manager at church walk denies all responsibility for her actions and has no clinical experience at all.

theirs bad practices going on and some staff are nasty with each other
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry about your experience as an employee of Exemplar Health Care. Our priority is to listen to our colleagues. We are a company that listens and learns from its colleagues and I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. If you would like to contact the home manager and arrange a meeting, please do contact me on kbroderick@exemplarhc.com, Kerry Broderick, Regional Director of Operations
yarindale care home
The home is good to work for there are lovely people to work with and for really good training you'll never miss out whats changing with the home and policy.
20 February 2020
Thanks you for your feedback, it is great to hear you had a good experience working at Yarningdale, if you would like to consider returning we would love to have a chat with you, please get in contact on 01977 630812 or email recruitment@exemplarhc.com – Katie Morris, Senior Recruiter
Exemplar care home requires CQC to come in and complete investigation checking audits, medication, staff bullying staff, reporting nurses and managers
Exemplar should be investigated terrible company to work for no senior management support . Culture
of staff doing as they please. CQC need to conduct an immediate investigation into the running the place. Cultural clicks bullying nurses
18 February 2020
We take all feedback seriously and will investigate accordingly and are committed to developing a supportive and responsive culture. I am keen to understand your experience further, please can you email me at rcalladine@exemplarhc.com Rachel Calladine, Senior Director of Operations.
Don't work for this company
Bullying, unsupportive, cruel treatment of staff across all levels. Awful culture where there is no respect for people, their knowlege or experience. Management are untrained and inexperienced. Don't be persuaded by Good wages, it's not worth it, they'll eat you up and spit you out!
17 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback we are disappointed to hear you felt unsupported. We value and take on board all colleague feedback, including feedback from our former employees.
Exemplar offer all employees opportunities to discuss issues, problems, career development and training opportunities, so we apologise that this was different to your experience with the company.

If you wish to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to contact me, lwaters@exemplarhc.com Lynne Waters, HR Director
Awful
worked for this company for a long time . management are very uninterested about staffs wellbeing and safety, that's the reason I left , losing staff weekly for the same reason . loved my job but I was forced to leave after an incident which wasnt my fault
13 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am pleased to hear that you loved your job. I would like to say I am sorry about your experience as an employee of Exemplar Health Care. Our priority is to listen to our colleagues and ensure that we provide support regarding colleagues welfare. We are a company that listens and learns from its colleagues and I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. If you would like to contact the home manager and arrange a meeting, please do contact me on mbuckley@exemplarhc.com, Maxine Buckley, Peripatetic Manager
Outstanding employer
I have worked for an exemplar home for 12 years.
In that time i was a support worker, team leader/trainer and currently working as maintenance technician. In all my years the support from head office and home management has been second to none. I truly believe some of the negative reviews are just sour grapes.
6 February 2020
Worst job I had as a nurse
I worked at Otterburn in Kings Heath when it newly opened 2010 the home was 10 residents on each floor. suppose to be 3 nurses on. Most days you was run off your feet having to manage 2 floors. The management was the worst team you could of ever worked for & the pay was deducted for lunch breaks which you never had time to take. Had to travel to Sheffield for training which

was not
Values based care
I’m relatively new at Brook View but have worked in health and social care for the majority of my adult life.
My first impressions have been positive and I recieved prompt confirmation and an interview date within days of my application.

Staff were visible and obviously enjoying their job.

After a thorough induction that is unique to Exemplar, I recieved further support on shift and shadowed another member of staff. Staff are friendly and go above and beyond for those who are in their care. As a Registered Nurse I have recieved extra clinical training for specialist subjects bespoke to the individuals supported. Managers are visible and approachable with any questions or concerns. I’m looking forward to an interesting and exciting career at Brook View.
4 February 2020
Thank you for your comments and for your commitment to Making every day better our Service Users and Colleagues. We’re all proud of the culture we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care and we stand proudly by our five core values.
Depends
It depends on the kind of mood some people are in but the company is good, everything is standard and can be fair. Short staffing can sometimes be a problem but does get worked on
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exemplar Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8