Exemplar Health Care Employee Reviews

Poor
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire20 February 2019
Very poor management, high staff turn over no job security they will get rid very easy and no leg to stand on. I would not recommend working here if you value your life
Cons
Excellent place to work. Management, staff and service users are fantastic
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nottingham20 January 2019
Excellent company to work for. You are well looked after and the induction program is second to none. All of the staff are dedicated to their work and the establishment is well run and very clean. The staffing levels are very good and the home is very rarely understaffed. Management are part of the team and they willingly cover nursing shifts if required. They are very approachable and understanding and make it s pleasure to come to work.
Pros
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Cons
12 hour shifts and breaks aren’t paid
Not supported enough terrible place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 January 2019
Majority of staff are lovely and can see they actually care about the service users..however there has been alot of managers come and go which has not been very good.. not enough support for any member of staff.. staff turnover is high .. more agency than main staff. Some staff are rude,arrogant and lazy . Agency dont know what they doing. The main staff that do there job are over worked especially when other members cannot be botherd to do their job properly.. alot of staff dont get there breaks or are only having a quick 2 min break just so they can get back on the floors to help..definitely avoid this place .. not enough support there working there staff into the ground and they wounder why people are leaving .. i myself am currently looking for another job
Pros
Lovely service users and some staff
Cons
Long hours, not enough support, lack of breaks, under paid
Not supportive Management
RGN (Former Employee) –  Dinnington3 January 2019
I worked there as an RGN 12 years ago with patients with high dependency. I learned how to look after dementia clients. The management wasn't very supportive and often staffing was short. The hardest part of the job was the short staffing. The most enjoyable part was the clinical part and good training.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Short Staff, No agency
Asked to give false review
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maypole Grove, Birmingham, West Midlands24 December 2018
have been asked by manager to give an excellent review to boost ratings and get people to work here. So please beware of recent 5 star reviews. I will always give correct review
I am currently looking for a new job.
Not a good employer to work for
Please avoid
Staff not appreciated
There is several members of the same family working here so unprofessional is makes it so uncomfortable to work as lazyness is rife here. Every one is related and family members.

This needs to be looked in to.
Service users are taken care of BUT how happy can clients truly be if the people taking care of them are not happy themselves.
Pros
Salary is ok
Cons
Many
Not the worst place to work
RGN (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire23 December 2018
The place lacks leadership and support. After induction training there was nothing else, coming from a completely different working environment means I've had to pick up things as I've gone along. Really high staff turnover and no one seems to be getting to the bottom of why this happening, no point ignoring it or it will never get any better. No chance of progression in this job as the goal posts move all the time. Overall the place is not horrific but could be a whole lot better. Some staff are amazing and make the place worth working in, others need more training. The service users are very complex requires more staff than the home is putting on duty at any one time, its not safe to have a nurse running 2 floors, yes it's only 6 residents but on different floors, adequate care can not be given in that situation. Also asking staff to review the home as excellent gives an unrealistic impression to others. It's the staff right to be honest and truthful. I thought once our old manager had left things would change unfortunately in the 7 months I've been here I feel we are not getting any better.
Pros
Some amazing staff, fab service users, good care
Cons
Unpaid breaks, poor leadership, no room for progression, high staff turnover
Working for exemplar
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 December 2018
I have worked for exemplar for almost 3 years now based in Birmingham, the commitment held from all collegues including management and managers far awide exemplar has been exceptional, i love my job and the support i recieve whilst at work, we do our best for all our service users and the repay us with their wide spread smiles on their faces. Working for exemplar is fantastic the benefits we recieve is one of a kind the support network is impeccable. Theres always new oppurtunities available for staff to progress further, training that is provided free of charge for specialist care such as tracheostymy, taking bloods, epilepsy, diabetes and so on the oppurtunites are endless.
Pros
Progression in the company, benefits of wprking for what you need.
Cons
I dont see any cons of working for exemplar
Avoid company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 December 2018
I have never worked for such a bad company,
From the very top in head office, this company runs on fear and intimidation.
The pay is poor, staff morale is a joke

Care assistants do everything including jobs of the nurses, cleaning staff, maintenence and kitchen staff. They pile more and more on top of you for minimum pay. No suprise people leave before 3 month probation is up.

Manager lacks people skills

New improvement staff couldnt improve the homes they worked in never mind other homes they are sent to.

No job satisfaction
Pros
More days off with 12 hour shifts
Cons
Pay, corruption, bullying, staff morale
Honest review
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire20 December 2018
*training is good as a first time carer or someone new to mental health services
*pay is average but good if you have qualifications ( extra for NVQs)
*progression is easy ( you dont need to be any good at the job to work your way up)
*Annual leave is good in theory but you still get your one hour break a day deducted from your annual leave and if you do not book dates in fast you are told you lose your hours.
*Managment are not supportive, under to much pressure and often leave due to stress. There have been some wonderful staff over the last 10 years that no longer work for the company as they are undervalued and unappreciated.
*Over run with agency staff now as staff turn over so high
*be prepared to have the wrong pay every month, HR & Payroll play the blame game instead of fixing the problem.
*managment are so concerned with the exterier of the homes, not the residents inside.
The main goal of exemplar is to keep the money rolling in while the service users and staff work and live by the bare minimum.

Jobs dont feel safe with exemplar.

Ex employee for many years, worked accross lots of homes, met many managers, seniors and top dogs.

I would not reccomend this work place

A genuine and honest review.
Pros
Pay, progression
Cons
Please read above
The best workplace ever, l enjoy going to work.
RGN (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 December 2018
Well cared for service users by well trained staff. The care is unique and excellent. I have the satisfaction that l have been looking for. Staff is nice and friendly.
Pros
Paid more for extra shifts
Cons
Cant choose the unit l want to work.

Want to know more about Exemplar Health Care?

Ask a question
fun place to work
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 December 2018
i have worked for a month now really enjoying it so rewarding no 2 days are the same good team I work with all friendly and there if you need help can pick your shifts that are suitable for you
Pros
good team
Cons
Ive had a nice time getting to know the service users and staff everyone seems to be really nice, management seems to be improving
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 December 2018
My experience working here is quiet good ,more or less everyone seems to be understanding and nice. Work gives me a sense of fulfilment and its great to be part of a fun team.
Pros
local, welcoming, fair
Cons
long hours, rota changes
Great company too work for
improvement Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire13 December 2018
I have worked for exemplar and progressed now for 5 years and I am still very happy. I have worked in several of our homes and I have always been made to feel very welcome from the beginning by all departments.
their is always support and guidance at hand from all managers and operations managers so you never feel alone.

a very caring, friendly and efficient company to work for with high potential for progression :)
Pros
company support, salary, training
Fantastic company to work for
domestic care staff (Current Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire13 December 2018
I have worked for lakeview for three months i had an insedent with somone in work bulling staff.this happend to me i took my greevence to head office and they was behinde me all the way espeshaly danny cowen and carla .exemplar dont tollarait bulling at all.Id like to thank exemplar for suporting me in this situation.And now i can enjoy my time here and excel through the comapany as a trainer one day.Brilliant team we have growing here now .each day is a new day
Pros
dont tolarait bulling
Cons
Unprofessional and not well-lead.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands13 December 2018
Everyone is somehow related or know each other outside of work. Not as professional as it should be. Needs a lot of improvements to be made. Lack of Mandatory Manual Handling training. No support. They’ve had a lot of managers since it’s been opened. No team work. They recruit a lot because people leave due to experiences etc. Short staffed most the time which can delay you having a break and makes you overwork yourself.
Pros
The service is new and beautiful.
Cons
Long hours and breaks are given based on staff on duty. No team work or support.
Brilliant place to be
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire13 December 2018
I began to work for exemplar 3 and a half weeks ago. The process of applying was easy and I was kept updated every step of the way. My shifts work well around me and it is flexible to suit needs. The team is excellent and I have enjoyable days there is always something to do so the shifts go fast. The staff and SU are lovely and I always leave with a smile on my face, some days are harder than others but there is always a good team and support around
Bad place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leigh27 November 2018
Avoid at all cost. No support useless induction training. Poor quality ppe. Hcas are amazing considering they are under paid and not valued by managers who are on too much money compared to hcas. High staff turn over many leave after a few shifts. Great if you are young looking for experience on how not to care for people. Better places to work who pay better and respect and value hcas.
Pros
Nothing just avoid
Cons
Will gain experience
Official response from Exemplar Health Care
30 November 2018

At Exemplar, we work hard to make every day better than the day before, for everyone we care for and work with. Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share it. I value all feedback as it means we are able to make improvements in the future. Thanks, Euan Craig, Chief Executive (euancraig@exemplarhc.com)

poorley led homes and clients treated poorly from mamagers
Health Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leigh27 November 2018
the pay rate is ridiculous for what we staff do, we are constantly run into ground with no help and support from managment.
night staff get tret worse they do not get any contact with managment and when ask to see them you get no replys from the big bosses :(
i try to contavt managers for a chat and get no reply atall.

iv seen service users have to lend ither clients pads as the firm cant provide the correct pads so clients are wearing pads 3 sizes to big fir them which can cause leakages and skun burns due to urine.
the food for clients is disgusting aswell they get liitle portions and if say no they get left 4 tiny sandwiches so half rbe time clients go without a decent meal.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Official response from Exemplar Health Care
30 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The home’s management team are focussed on ensuring that you and your colleagues feel supported and listened to. I want everyone at Exemplar – every person we care for and every colleague who works in our homes – to feel happy and supported. I would like to talk in more detail about your feedback. Please could you contact me directly at the email address below? Thanks, Euan Craig, Chief Executive (euancraig@exemplarhc.com)

Great company to work for
Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire26 November 2018
I joined Exemplar as a temp to help on a recruitment project, after 6 weeks they asked me to join their full team on a perm position.

The wage is very good for the local area and the shifts are great for my work life balance, the management team are very supportive and I really feel like part of the Exemplar Family, would highly recommend as a great place to work.
Pros
Good shifts, free tea and coffee
Cons
long(ish) commute time
Loved exemplar shocked at the thing I have seen at home
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire15 November 2018
I have been a team leader for 1 year been a care asistant for the past 8 years! I work closely to ferham nad have nejoyed keeping friends with alot of the staff. I have witnessed managers getting invloved with staff when at home in rotherham and am not impresed at this behaviour. I think managers should not be invloved with other staff at ferham. not fair when it happen
Pros
good hour but no trust
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exemplar Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.