Exclusive Collection

Exclusive Collection Employee Reviews

United Kingdom107 reviews
I was a guest services assistant at South Lodge for my placement year during uni. I couldn't have chosen a better place to start my career. The team members were so welcoming, helpful, kind, caring, & friendly. It can be overwhelming at times with a full hotel and lots of responsibility, however I almost always left work feeling a sense of accomplishment. The management team at South Lodge are very helpful and have a genuine desire to see their employees succeed and progress. The company as a whole is very transparanet with financial data and statistics of the company which I found very reassuring and educational. I learnt so much in my short time there and would recommend South Lodge as a place of work to anyone.
Pros
Discounts on bedrooms, food and spa treatments. Meals included. Staff accommodation also provided.
Cons
Unsociable hours that comes with any job in the hospitality industry.
Some may think 9.89 is a good pay but when you're doing massage after massage knowing they charge 125 for each one .... All is good as long as you remember that you're just a number and the only thing that matters is money 😁 massage limit is more of a guideline as they do what they want anyway they will change your day last min not tell you and then it'll still be your fault. I could write all day but bottom line is just no.
Pros
Looks nice on CV
Cons
Never ending stress
Beautiful Spa and Environment to work in just a shame the management are too focused on money and making themselves look good, and not at all bothered about the welfare or happiness of staff.

The spa could be an amazing place to work and visit if they had a better management and HR team.
Pros
Good discounts on stays, Beautiful Environment
Cons
Poor management, favouritism from management, Lots of massage
A great place to work with like minded people.

Salary could be more competitive if you enjoy the slow pace and a variation of your job then this is for you
Pros
good culture
Cons
salary
Of course food and beverage can be a hard job sometimes but at Exclusive, it's fun and rewarding as well. The company does seem to really care about you as a person and will constantly think outside of the box in terms of wellbeing.
Pros
fantastic staff lunches, great family feel, get to stay in some of the best hotels in the country for a massively reduced rate!!
I have started working for Exclusive collection nearly 2 years ago. I was warmly welcomed by all staff and I did immediately feel like part of a family. Great opportunities for trainings and career progressions, I have personally been given the opportunity to enlarge my knowledge, as they are supporting my studies, and I have progressed getting a Management role.
Work environment with regard to colleagues is very pronounce. This has an impact as a Team, thus delivering customer service to the satisfaction of clients.
Training of staff periodically with regard to Health & Safety issues thus keep staff refresh on current legislative issues. This comes in the form of online and one to one training.

Management listens to staff concerns and help create a conducive environment to enable one operate efficiently.
The other staff were welcoming when I started. lunches and dinners are made for staff daily without having to pay. Opportunities are given such as first aid training, dealing with guest and other similar things.
Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming. The company has so many benefits, including Staff accommodation, hot meals every shift, and extra milers.
Pros
Free Lunch, extra milers, staff accommodation
Cons
n/a
Working at Exclusive is great, the people are fantastic and friendly. Meeting different types of guests is fun. The grounds are beautiful and make you proud to be apart of something amazing. Perks are incredible also.
Pros
free lunches, Uniform provided, perks
I Work a night and is an enjoyable place to work in this area. I learned everything that I need in a hotel industry. The hardest part is work nights because is hard sometimes but the hotel management makes as easy as possible.
While you are on the company, the company will take care of you specially the benefits, spas and food discount of all the property. in returned, you will be trained to be a good employee and learn more things. more challenges will be coming and this will help you to become successful in the future.
Working at the Royal Berkshire is a pleasure. Is a friendly environment to develop your career. Colleagues are always wheeling to help with everything. Good training and good benefits all over the properties
They care about the hours you put in, plenty of resources, pay is fair, benefits are crazy good. The company genuinely cares about making everyone feel amazing from guest to employee. So many great opportunities because of how many properties they have and how well maintained and elegant they are. Since joining I haven’t looked back.
I started working in the spa restaurant at Pennyhill about a year ago and since then I have been efficiently trained and have been taught everything I hoped to learn within the department, as well as helping out in other departments in the main hotel to gain as much experience as possible. the staff discounts and perks are really good and you also get the chance to go on some extra courses and trips within your job.
Pros
free lunch, free parking
Cons
short(ish) breaks
exclusive is a fantastic company to work for. There are so many opportunities to progress and management are very supportive and happy to give training in areas where you need it. It is a family run company and you can really feel that.
Have always said I'd work for a company for 3 years and yet 6 years on I feel like I have so much more to get out of and give The Manor House.
My GM is a great big ball of enthusiastic energy who encourages you to challenge the status quo and bring your best self to work. There is a real sense of loyalty and family here and although sometimes there can be hard days where everything is thrown at you the good massively outweighs the bad.

Summer can be hard but enjoyable and that is when you find the team really sticks together so one day you will be making beds and the next minute setting up for a wedding whilst the very next day you are doing an induction of new starters. The Managing Director is one of the most approachable and personable MDs I've ever worked for. He makes an effort to know each and every member of staff and I feel that is shown in the years service we have here. Our KP is currently on 43 years!
Pros
I worked in the spa restaurant Botanica
My typical day as a Food and Beverage assistant was waiting tables and creating and serving drink for the bar

There has always been tons of opportunities to better my career and myself, management is keen to help too

The environment is great to work in and time off if very fair too
I absolutely love it here. It is hard work but the team are very supportive, extremely well organized and professional. The management always caring about their employees. It is great to work and learn in a hotel that puts such a high standard to attention and detail. I feel it has given me a great foundation to build upon. If you are willing to grow in hospitality business this is the best place for you to work at.
Working here feels like is a family not co- workers, everyone respect each other, management worked really hard to take care of their staff. Everyone is willing to assist, no matter what department one works in. The company provides opportunity to put in your efforts and help build a great team within the hotel. The hotel is beautiful and the company stands
out as unique. Warm, welcoming, and certainly inspiring
The Exclusive Collection is a fantastic place to work...I initially started at Pennyhill Park back in 2012, left in 2015 to peruse my travel passion but have now returned back to Pennyhill Park (Exclusive Collection) 3 years later and started working for the group! My typical day at work starts with lots of friendly faces on the way down to the office which is in the Spa. The main purpose of my role is converting any corporate business for the group of Exclusive which includes 4 hotels, 2 venues, 2 spa's, 1 golf club and 1 pub, I also manage the event creation team on a day to day basis which involves dishing out enquiries and helping them convert the business to the best of the ability. Exclusive Collection is a very sociable place to work, there is a Christmas party every year along with other social events throughout the year which everybody can take part in! Since working at the Exclusive Collection, I have gained valuable skills and experience in regards to how the hospitality industry works along with sales experience and management experience. The management team at Exclusive are very experienced and always interact with staff at every level as well as take all suggestions on board. The hardest part of my role is not being able to put a face to a name, as I work for the whole group when I do visit other properties I cannot address everybody by name as I do not get to spend enough time with them!

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my wonderful team! They are a great bunch and very hardworking and make it a pleasure to come to work every day!