Excelcare Employee Reviews

Unproductive and unfriendly
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex14 April 2019
Dirty environment to work in, very unfriendly staff members. Managers do not respect their staff and speak to you anyway they feel. The domestic staff never cleans the bathroom and because of that upstairs is always smelling horrible. All they do is smoke and drink coffee all the day. I would not recommend this place to work stay clear of this place.
Great people who listen
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire30 January 2019
People at Excelcare care about staff as much as they acre about the residents they look after. You can never make everyone happy every day but overall it is a great place to be and is as happy as the employees want it to be.
Excelcare supported me and a lot of my colleagues and staff to develop from a care assistant role to management. If you are ready to put the time in the company will put the resources.
Management is very open and honest and will deal with things when and if it is brought to their attention.
There is a family feel to the company and that is one of the reasons why I staid so long and not intending to go.
My regional director believed in me when I didn't believe in myself and to a point this is still happening. The support is on-going and there for people to ask for it.
Caring can be really stressful and draining some days but there is always someone to talk to who will make you feel better.
Pros
Great people to work for and great people to work with
Cons
No cons when you enjoy your job
Great Company to work for
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire30 January 2019
Fantastic forward thinking company, management are all passionate about providing the best care. Fantastic environment and team work.
Highly recommend.
Pros
Team Spirit
Horrible management team
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tulse Hill, Greater London4 September 2018
I was employed as Domestic Assistant as I wanted to take a break of Care duties. The housekeeping Team are wonderful. Management are not good. I felt like a criminal since I start. They stop staff and point finger at all times. The only time I saw management smilling and treat well staff was when CQC were there. Management is very poor and full of arrogant people .....bullies .......
If I was a Carer I would report them to CQC as I have witness lots of bad practises. Only stayed for a couple of days.......as many ....They come ........and they quick go......HORRIBLE PLACE TO BE .....
Pros
Cons
Management attitude is bad towards staff
Care worker Chelmsford
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex10 May 2018
Extremely bad management.
Overworked never get breaks
Other staff back stabbers
Rotas constantly changing to favour the favourite few
Annual leave gets cancelled book holiday and then told you can't go by management.
Training non existent.
I feel sorry for the residents I wouldn't but one of my relatives in here we do our best to do our best but we can't perform micarles when were all ways short staff.
Cleaners being made up to carers which is wrong as they have no experience same with carers to seniors .
Pros
Cons
As above
A dreadful company.
RGN (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 March 2018
Dreadful company. I was warned by a social worker not to work there, however I chose to ignore the warning. There was a lack of staff on duty every shift, very low morale and a disgusting blame culture from the management team.
Training was inadequate, there was no buddy/mentor for new starters and your every move was monitored. If you had an idea for improvement you were duty bound to pass it on, without receiving so much as a thank you.
Pros
Free meal on duty
Cons
Poor management, long hours for no extra pay, inadequate training, blame culture
Forward thinking with family values and great care at the heart of it all
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 March 2018
Fun, forward-thinking company. Supportive management and great team to work with.

Competitive/good salaries and pay rates. Covers London and other regions in the UK.
Very Stressful job and under paid
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden, Essex8 March 2018
They pay cheap money and will be chasing you all the time for explanations. So much paper work and very Stressful working envirnment.Cares earn only minimum wage. No enhancement for night shift and overtime.

I would not recommend to anyone..
Pros
Shift adjustments
Cons
Low wages, Stressful working envirnment
Heart in the right place
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 February 2018
Ethically good company to work for. Senior management are very responsive and actually do care about the people living in the care homes. Excellent company policies and support. Good career advancement. Way ahead of competitors in use of IT and systems so as to give staff more time to spend with the people caring instead of being embroiled in paperwork. Worked here for over 8 years and have no regrets. Growing and learning everyday.
The hardest part of the job is being able to deal with people that leave us, supporting families etc. But the company provides good training and support to be able to deal with this. Good company benefits and recognition. Regular 180degree reviews from head office. Good visibility of owner/director. Approachable senior management team. Positive environment.
Pros
Career growth and recognition
The Best place to Grow your Career
Recruitment Officer (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London13 December 2017
Excelcare is a Family business where you will enjoy working. The atmosphere is friendly and the management are very supportive.

I work at the Head Office but my role is to ensure that we recruit the right candidate for the right job at the right time. This allows us to continue delivery high quality standard Care.

If you are looking to start or develop your career in Care, Excelcare is the place for you…
Poor management
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire3 December 2017
Management slimy and cover there own back sides and will sell your soul to the devil. Poor staffing procedures, will employ anything that walks in even specking 0% English. No xtr training like promised. I once worked over 3 months no days off bearly got a thanks from my mangers. Pay aint bad
Pros
Pay
A Nice place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Chigwell Row23 November 2017
I work at Chigwell and its such a lovely place to work, staff are friendly and kind and all their for the clients. There has been a lot of management support over the last year and it has really helped us to improve the service. Money could be better but this is care. the important thing is we are all make a difference to someone less fortunate than ourselves. The hardest part of the job is when one of the clients pass away as they become like family. the mot enjoyable part of the job is when you get a smile back.
Pros
residents and staff staff treatement
Cons
money
I love my job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chigwell, Essex23 November 2017
I am a carer in Chigwell Essex and I love my job. The residents are amazing and the staff really care for them. We have a new manager he has only been there a few weeks but he has been on the floor and helped us. We get lots of training including the NVQ. If you want to work in care this is the place to come.
Pros
staff, support, care
Cons
A wonderful place to work!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London22 November 2017
I currently work at Excelcare and cannot commend my colleagues and management enough. I feel very happy and well supported in my role and the environment is very friendly.
Pros
Friendly and supportive company to work for, lots of benefits
Cons
I am very happy in my role here, no big 'cons' to report
Awful!
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow29 October 2017
Horrible place to work for! Do not care for the staff management are awful! Very stressful and expect more than they can give ! You will go there with Brown hair and leave with grey avoid avoid avoid
Pros
i am fairly new to this company but i already love it!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Tower Hamlets4 October 2017
The staff have been very friendly and welcoming from day one, especially the manager. they look after me like a little brother and always ask me how they can help me.
Management needs to improve
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire7 September 2017
Management needs to improve on relations with staff (atleast in my workplace). Shortage on staffs (in my workplace) resulting to doubling of workload which over-works the staff causing illness
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Short staff
Good place
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydenham, Greater London31 May 2017
we start the day with a busy breakfast and providing personal care ,, is a long day so we do a range of activities like hairdressing , nails, exercises , pyhioterapy,etc

We have a training time to time and belong to the job in practice .

The hardest part of the job is when the job is not reward and your appraisals aren't the best .

Also long shifts .

the most enjoyable past of the word is when you see a smile from a older people feeling love a look after .
Pros
training provided
Cons
Not the best company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Essex11 May 2017
Initially they are welcoming but eventually let's you down. Trainings are not as effective and there are no opportunities for growth and development. They also fail to recognise potential and staff morale is very low. Management and head office are unsupportive. Too many hours of work and no incentives given. Bureaucratic and unworthy of any extra effort to do your job.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Almost everything else
Good
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire6 March 2017
Good place to start out as a carer and get some experience behind you. I managed to prove myself and was asked to become a team leader within 3 months of working there, I have now been a team leader for 4 years and looking for new opportunities
Pros
Experience, friendly staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Excelcare. Our community is ready to answer.