Eversheds Sutherland

Eversheds Sutherland Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Eversheds are a good company they look after their workers, excellent employee benefits.The work place is fast placed but the culture and team ethic helps with daily tasks. A typical day would include talking to clients issue signings in order to send documents to court. What I learned is that attention to detail is crucial to as a legal assistant. Our team was always managed well and very supportive towards colleagues.
Worst place that I’ve ever had the displeasure of working! Horrible, nasty and toxic workplace with poisonous, degrading and demeaning managers. Bullying from senior management who are aggressive, will demean you and are very disrespectful. It was an awful workplace with no regard to the people working there. This firm is very unfair and chooses and picks who they would like to succeed based on whether or not you are a favourite. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone even desperate for a job. Working with this firm will be enough to crush your soul. Enough said!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Toxic leaders, bullying and backstabbing
A typical day at Eversheds is filled with rewarding but hard work. It will usually start with login into your emails and picking up queries from different people. This is the most engaging aspect of the job because i get to deal with fee earners as well as external clients. These clients can be some of the biggest companies in the world so you are entrusted with the responsibility to liaise with them.
Great workplace that had a greta team and great character.
A lovely yet fast paced environment providing you with new challenges every day
The entire organisation is dependent on Legal Assistant staff who are entirely hired from recruitment agencies at £9 per hour. The other staff in the organisation are lovely but clearly victims of a bad system. Other departments may be run better but generally there seems to be mismanagement and lack of intelligent oversight.

Overtime is available and common to improve pay, but it is not worthwhile. I have known staff with years of experience denied promotions, career progression, or bonuses, largely because agent staff are treated as inferior. Those who attempt to develop themselves or take on challenges are frowned upon for overstepping the boundaries.

Managers are generally ok but they are affected by a few negative managers who make the organisation worse than it ought to be. The company shld start giving staff the salaries, job security, and respect that they as human beings deserve. Only then will they solve their horrendous staff turnover rate which continues to cost the business time and money. If only their clients knew how badly run the staffing is!
Pros
Good office location
Cons
Pay, agency staffing, lack of promotions, disrespectful bonus policy, some rude managers
Good exposure to commercial work, organised environment with excellent communication between employee's and management, very sociable with a great opportunity to establish friendships.
The workplace culture is something the company pride themselves on and they certainly aim to provide a pleasant working environment for everyone.

It's certainly a case of embracing the fast paced and ever evolving working practices.
Workload is not for everyone. You do work with big name clients. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team. Hardest part of the job was the hours to ensure the workload was managed.
Senior management are very concerned with making sure that people can turn up to work as their whole, true selves. Colleagues have plenty of CSR opportunities outside of their day to day roles.
Ok , no way i can move up. Hence my time to leave. Typical day was ok but needed more things to do. Wanted to move up but wasnt given the opportunity.
Fantastic place to work, value employees highly and create a friendly environment to work in. Brilliant facilities. Very respected company within its industry.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the access to large and important clients on a daily basis. The lease enjoyable part was the idea that as clients come first, you should drop outside work plans at the drop of the hat.
Good life and work balance, flexible hours, but there is no chance for a career progression or development. There are very nice people to work with, but salary is very low .
Pros
Flexible times
Cons
Low salary
Only spent a week here on work experience but I loved the work environment. A typical day was very fun, there was always lots going on and I enjoyed getting to speak to professionals such as solicitors and barristers.
Lovely staff. I was only there for a short period of time due to work experience but the staff always made sure I understood what I was doing and helped me where necessary. I had learnt a lot during my time there.
Pros
Mondern office
Cons
I noticed some poeple worked long hours but this can be expected in a firm
Offer progression & development
Good workplace culture & Facilities

Progressive law firm

Focus is on lawyers, not support staff

No flexibility with expectation of increased hours regularly.
Each day is different at Eversheds and no 2 days are the same.
Our team processes the banking, electronic payments, cheques, raising and uploading bills, query resolutions, allocating payments and any other ad-hoc duties