Evans Cycles Employee Reviews

Great Staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatwick25 September 2019
The best selling point is the staff. Friendly, approachable and helpful with the same goal in mind - customer service.
Relaxed work environment with a drive for team work.
Good
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  London4 September 2019
Good workmanship. To rise to the challenge, you will need to be fully skilled and have previous workshop experience combined with a NVQ 3, ATA accreditation, City & Guilds or equivalent qualification. Time-served strippers/fitters will also be considered.Good
Good
Cons
Low Salay
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gatwick29 August 2019
Typically a day at wrk would include serving customers, restocking shelves, tiding the store and sharing product knowledge. Colleagues were understanding when people lack product knowledge and work as a team to bring everyone to a similar level
Pros
staff discount
Fun and enjoyable Workplace
Workshop Manager (Current Employee) –  Woking22 August 2019
As a Workshop Manager I oversee the running of the daily work load in the Workshop, manage resources, arrange provisions and any tools required by the members of my Team. I deal with any Warranty issues and regularly speak with suppliers/distributors when needed. I am fully involved in any work that is needed to be carried out from building customer and shop floor bikes. This includes performing a Full services of customers bike’s to assessments and advising the customer.
Could be brilliant...
Accomplished manager (Former Employee) –  North West30 May 2019
... But sadly this is a business which has lost its identity and its purpose.

There is nothing wrong with the fundamentals but the execution, lack of attention to detail and the contempt held against those with experience are causing it to collapse.

Most people are brilliant and day-to-day, work is quite enjoyable but in terms of the bigger picture, senior management are non-specialist and appear clueless. Sad and disappointing to see the business in this shape.
Pros
Subject matter and colleagues
Cons
Lack of understanding, support and appreciation.
What’s more to say?
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gatwick road16 May 2019
The people I worked with were fun to have around and the culture around my colleagues was good. However, when looking at the hourly rate, and the fact they messed up my payslip when I left, I wasn’t at all pleased. Put that together with very limited benefits and feeling that you should be paid for more work and it is evident that it’s not the best, but not the worst either.
Pros
People and work environment
Cons
Little benefits and pay
Poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire7 May 2019
Staff just sit about on tills eating and browsing their phones. Not enough discipline and very poor management. Store manager shouldn’t be a manager. He needs more training.
Pros
Cons
Don’t shop or work there!
waste of time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey16 April 2019
had to drop out as it was a job along side college and work. stress was high as i needed to complete college work and deal with mental health issues. do not recommend
Pros
staff discount
Cons
inconsiderate management
Good at first then starting to see issues
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  London3 February 2019
Have worked as a mechanic there for a long time, at first it went smoothly but the more I work there, the more responsibilities I get for the same pay/hours proven to be overwhelming, I end up having anxiety and panic attack due to the burden that Head Office put down on us despite following their request and changes down to the letter (such as the failed 50% discount offer on labour in January 2017), the management was all talk but no action, the stores weren't run effectively with staff members constantly being late, and ignoring the mechanic request (such as overbooking services and bike build).
I have done a lot of overtime in 2017 due to this, we may have hit target constantly, but at the toll of my own personal health due to staff disregards to the mechanic's health, this is a big failure of management.
Head Office poor handling of staff's health is also horribly bad, they make the Department of Work and Pension look good.

Would not recommend working there.
Pros
Decent trade discount, great booking/ordering system
Cons
long hours, poor pay (esp by London standard), poor communication, poor treatment of staff, poor set of skill and experience from Head Office, and very unrealistic goal
Good start
Cashier and Sales adviser (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 February 2019
The workflow has been beneficial to improve my abilities and to add new challenges to my professional life. It was a great pleasure to work for the company.
Productive and fun workplace
Bike Builder (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport1 January 2019
Everyone is very friendly and hard working. All Colleagues have a great mind set to hit goals at work. It really is satisfying when your customer leaves the store happy with our customer service.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Low pay
Dont expect too much
Manager (Former Employee) –  South West13 November 2018
Paid little to do a lot of work with not a lot of gratitude.

Good for Temp job and some cheap Bike parts, just don't career this place.

Your Co-workers are usally the best thing going, they will make it worth the trip to work.
friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff31 October 2018
i enjoyed my time at evans cycles, it was a thoroughly enriching experience and helped me develop a lot of the skill i now use in day to day life, thoroughly reccomended
Práce se super produkty a fajn lidmi
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Londýn, Canary Wharf23 September 2018
Typická práce v maloobchodě se zákazníky v cyklistickém obchodě.
Great, fun place to work.
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  South West22 September 2018
With passionate, like minded people, Evans Cycles is a fun and exciting place to work and you can’t help but get swept along by people’s pass for the brand and industry.
fun work
Bike Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire2 June 2018
was a bike mechanic and always enjoyed it. was relaxed most of the time and my colleagues were a laugh. was provided with lots of training and a few paid trips
Just good discounts
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulham Broadway Station9 May 2018
Worked in the fullham branch. Had very rude customers the shop was very small very hard to work around. The only benefit to work for evans is the store discount. Staff are over woked and under paid management was not very good at all
Pros
Good Staff discounts
Cons
No progress
Good Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex13 February 2018
Good Company to work for a highly driven place to work at, the management at the time were very nice, had a lot of time for them. I would personally say overall a good place to work best you are a cyclist
A good retail environment to work within.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 December 2017
A big company with many benefits for its employees. You know what to expect, training is very good and the working hours flexible. The hardest part is learning about all of the products.
Pros
Instore discount.
Cons
Being able to learn about all of the products sold as there are thousands.
Great place just about bikes
Workshop Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
A place to enjoy a live for bikes with great and professional colleagues to work with. The staff discount is gorgeous and the brands you work with even better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evans Cycles. Our community is ready to answer.