Eurovia Employee Reviews

no life
Weighbridge Operator (Former Employee) –  dagenham14 May 2018
not a very good place to work if you want a life! the money is good if you want to work all the hours... management is poor! they are more interested in going out drinking or worry about traffic being bad and getting off home rather than caring about the staff and because of this it makes the moral poor and everyone miserable, therefore Dagenham is not a happy office to work !!!!!
Pros
free on site parking
Cons
miss out on family life, get no support
Brilliant
Street Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London8 November 2017
Very good company to work been here 4 years come Jan and reason for wanting to leave fancy a career change. Management are brilliant with everyone and treat everyone fairly l.
Excellent work place
Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex10 October 2017
Brilliant place to work with friendly people.
Excellent management, good workplace culture.
My current role is demanding and rewarding but thoroughly enjoyable.
Nice place to work
Road Worker (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury7 September 2017
Good company to work for really enjoyed my time there and learnt a lot of new skills being there so long. Can be boring if you don't have a job on for the day but there is a lot more things you can do.
Pros
Always over time
Cons
Can be boring if you have no job on
road worker
Road Worker (Current Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire4 July 2017
rake tarmac lay kerbs. roller drive dumper drive loader ticket. drainage. relaying gulleys and man holes. lay slabs ducting. paco patching. I have a full driving licence
Hard working company
Loader oprative (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk30 May 2017
Great company to work for overtime a bonus earning lots if you put the hours in a good company that will look after you and great if you want to do the courses they offer
Pros
Good money
niec job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire21 April 2017
nice job to go to I learned a lot off my work mates the management were good no problems we had a lot of laughs while at work the hardest part of the job was the concereting the most enjoyable part of the job was the friends I made.
enjoyed working for them
HGV Driver class 2 (Former Employee) –  different counties7 January 2017
early start everybody knew what they had to do and we got on with it different roads and different spec good gang to work with
Pros
good money
Cons
long days
Efficient and professional culture
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheshunt9 August 2016
Typical day at work would be arrive at 9 am. Load up emails and SAP. Have a quick browse though emails to see if any major problems have come up, if so deal with those accordingly. Then complete a process integratiin which basically is inputting supervisor costs for individual projects lnto the system. This on a busy day could take a few hours. Then I would work through my own invoices process them if everything checked out corret i.e. Price billed for vs price on system and tonnage of material billed for vs tonnage on job diary. In afternokn I would go through parked invoices which means invoices where there is a conflict as mentioned above or could be internally when supervisor hasnt costed correctly. These will need to be solved as price differences have to liase with different department compared to a tonnage difference. Sporadically throughout the day will get calls from suppliers/clients regarding updates and other adhoc duties will include producing reports to senior figures to compare what was expected to be paid vs what is currently on and why that is the case.

Learned alot of skills mostly in regards to working to solve issues and problems that arise. tHerefore thinking on your feet and communication skills were enhanced and utlised. Learning of different processes and systemswas also a big feature.

My coworkers were professional in duty, although a slightly older in age on average so socially wasnt the best but we got on and had fun whenever possible.

The hardest part of the job was when conflict arose between external suppliers and supervisors as I would
  more... become a middlemanto resolve the. iSsue when both parties are adament on a certain issue it was challenging toget to an agreement sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was solving the problems and creating the processes that enable potential conflict to be dramatically reduced.
Pros
On the job learning. Created independant work ethic and problem solving.
Cons
Could sometimes be too militant culturally.
The company is very traditional and does not always welcome fresh thought and ideas and does not like to be challenged by those in less senior roles.
Receptionist/administrator (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex3 May 2016
My day normally involves being one of the first on site. I set up the reception area and make sure everything is ready and on hand eg sufficient visitors passes, provisions like tea and coffee supplies.

I am the first port of call for visitors and deliveries such as Royal Mail and couriers. I assist people arriving for meetings advising which rooms are booked and managing a very busy switchboard, directing calls to appropriate staff and dealing with more complex inquiries needing to know about other divisions, products and services.

I liaise with suppliers in terms of stationary ordering and buffet and daily staff lunch orders.

I enjoy the variety and the challenges of being kept busy.
Pros
free parking, lunch subsidy, most people are friendly and helpful.
Cons
a lack of understanding and appreciation from management for the work we do.
Learnt Alot, Long Hours
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, ENG30 October 2015
You Work 6 Days a week sometimes 7 and around 70 hours a week and you would be lucky to get a brake most days. I didn't mind this at first but now I struggle to find the time to do anything and spend time with my family if it was 50hours it would be better.

Do alternative weeks Days/Nights Two Man Shifts

The Team Of 4 Guys I work with are great we have laughs as we work together a lot we become a little family of brothers and it is good and everyone is always looking out for eachother with whatever you are doing.

Pros
N/a
Cons
Long Hours
seeing sights of london
tarmacer (Former Employee) –  london and surrounding counties11 June 2015
would turn up on site and work alongside the plainers to get the road to the reqired depth for the new tarmac to be laid.we would sometimes have to adjust the man holes and gullies to required depth
Pros
free transport to work
Cons
very long hours
Educative and Responsabilities taking
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Telford, ENG4 July 2014
Supervising works on site, and managing the contracting requirements in Qualities, Costs, and Time.
good working relationship
Fibre Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 May 2014
Always organized
Worked with fiber optic in high volume
Had good work relationship with the workforce
Had team meeting every morning to plan the days work
There was nothing hard about our job, because we always had everything planed.
Overall we had fun working together
Was good place to work
ROAD OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  BUCKINGHAMSHIRE, ESSEX12 December 2012
Good firm to work for I was working away from home hotel was available till I purchased caravan . My work mates were good company they came from all round the world. No problems with management they were very helpful
Pros
good meal allowance
Cons
long working hours but worth it, lot of bad weather