Eurovia

Eurovia Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
Fun fast paced work environment, can be long days in summer but rewarding pay great gang of guys to work with modern machines and trucks , very health and safety conscious company
After working for Worcestershire contract
I really thought Gloucester contract would work well being Ringway but was I wrong .. I bet the county has not got a clue what's going on
Pros
Left to sort things out yourself..
Cons
No comments not enough space
Great place to work enjoyed my time there shame the temporary contract wasn't longer
Wishing didn't have to write a much in here it's a pain in the bum but eurovia was great have I written enough I wonder.........................................................................
Worked for Eurovia for 1 year, worst experience of my life, I was completely abused as a worker, working 10-12 hours a day while only getting paid for 8, I was given no encouragement or reward for this, not even a thank you from my manager.
There is a huge blame culture unlike anything I've seen at a company before. Rather than finding problems with the processes, managers will find 1 individual to blame for a much wider problem.

The managers are useless and there is a general consensus between workers and operatives that the only way to get through the day is to stop caring about your work.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Pros
Literally none
Cons
Long hours, poor/rude management, lack of respect from customers and staff, blame culture
Having led the development and implementation of the Supply Chain and Procurement strategies, I found the Company culture very supportive and rewarding. Development of a forum for agreeing strategy, policy, probity and governance on a regular basis with CEO, MDs and other Directors made decision making agile. Over the period of time I was able to take the business to a steady state environment. The culture is firm but fair and results driven. Performance of acontracts and individuals is paramount.
Pros
Recognition, encouragement, good working environment
Cons
not a very good place to work if you want a life! the money is good if you want to work all the hours... management is poor! they are more interested in going out drinking or worry about traffic being bad and getting off home rather than caring about the staff and because of this it makes the moral poor and everyone miserable, therefore Dagenham is not a happy office to work !!!!!
Pros
free on site parking
Cons
miss out on family life, get no support
Very good company to work been here 4 years come Jan and reason for wanting to leave fancy a career change. Management are brilliant with everyone and treat everyone fairly l.
Brilliant place to work with friendly people.
Excellent management, good workplace culture.

My current role is demanding and rewarding but thoroughly enjoyable.
Good company to work for really enjoyed my time there and learnt a lot of new skills being there so long. Can be boring if you don't have a job on for the day but there is a lot more things you can do.
Pros
Always over time
Cons
Can be boring if you have no job on
rake tarmac lay kerbs. roller drive dumper drive loader ticket. drainage. relaying gulleys and man holes. lay slabs ducting. paco patching. I have a full driving licence
Great company to work for overtime a bonus earning lots if you put the hours in a good company that will look after you and great if you want to do the courses they offer
Pros
Good money
Cons
nice job to go to I learned a lot off my work mates the management were good no problems we had a lot of laughs while at work the hardest part of the job was the concereting the most enjoyable part of the job was the friends I made.
early start everybody knew what they had to do and we got on with it different roads and different spec good gang to work with
Pros
good money
Cons
long days
Typical day at work would be arrive at 9 am. Load up emails and SAP. Have a quick browse though emails to see if any major problems have come up, if so deal with those accordingly. Then complete a process integratiin which basically is inputting supervisor costs for individual projects lnto the system. This on a busy day could take a few hours. Then I would work through my own invoices process them if everything checked out corret i.e. Price billed for vs price on system and tonnage of material billed for vs tonnage on job diary. In afternokn I would go through parked invoices which means invoices where there is a conflict as mentioned above or could be internally when supervisor hasnt costed correctly. These will need to be solved as price differences have to liase with different department compared to a tonnage difference. Sporadically throughout the day will get calls from suppliers/clients regarding updates and other adhoc duties will include producing reports to senior figures to compare what was expected to be paid vs what is currently on and why that is the case.

Learned alot of skills mostly in regards to working to solve issues and problems that arise. tHerefore thinking on your feet and communication skills were enhanced and utlised. Learning of different processes and systemswas also a big feature.

My coworkers were professional in duty, although a slightly older in age on average so socially wasnt the best but we got on and had fun whenever possible.

The hardest part of the job was when conflict arose between external suppliers and supervisors as I would
 - more...
Pros
On the job learning. Created independant work ethic and problem solving.
Cons
Could sometimes be too militant culturally.
My day normally involves being one of the first on site. I set up the reception area and make sure everything is ready and on hand eg sufficient visitors passes, provisions like tea and coffee supplies.

I am the first port of call for visitors and deliveries such as Royal Mail and couriers. I assist people arriving for meetings advising which rooms are booked and managing a very busy switchboard, directing calls to appropriate staff and dealing with more complex inquiries needing to know about other divisions, products and services.

I liaise with suppliers in terms of stationary ordering and buffet and daily staff lunch orders.

I enjoy the variety and the challenges of being kept busy.
Pros
free parking, lunch subsidy, most people are friendly and helpful.
Cons
a lack of understanding and appreciation from management for the work we do.
You Work 6 Days a week sometimes 7 and around 70 hours a week and you would be lucky to get a brake most days. I didn't mind this at first but now I struggle to find the time to do anything and spend time with my family if it was 50hours it would be better.

Do alternative weeks Days/Nights Two Man Shifts

The Team Of 4 Guys I work with are great we have laughs as we work together a lot we become a little family of brothers and it is good and everyone is always looking out for eachother with whatever you are doing.

Pros
N/a
Cons
Long Hours
would turn up on site and work alongside the plainers to get the road to the reqired depth for the new tarmac to be laid.we would sometimes have to adjust the man holes and gullies to required depth
Pros
free transport to work
Cons
very long hours
Supervising works on site, and managing the contracting requirements in Qualities, Costs, and Time.
Always organized
Worked with fiber optic in high volume

Had good work relationship with the workforce

Had team meeting every morning to plan the days work

There was nothing hard about our job, because we always had everything planed.

Overall we had fun working together
Good firm to work for I was working away from home hotel was available till I purchased caravan . My work mates were good company they came from all round the world. No problems with management they were very helpful
Pros
good meal allowance
Cons
long working hours but worth it, lot of bad weather