European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Employee Reviews

International environment
Senior officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 December 2018
Having spent 5/6 years in the bank, I had the opportunity to work across different department and for different managers.
an interesting opportunity but I now feel ready for a new adventure.
It all depends who you work for
Assistant in the Office of the General Counsel (Former Employee) –  OGC9 September 2018
but generally they do not appreciate the staff. I was there in the late 1990s working in the OGC. Initially I worked for a great person + an intern. The workload was as big as a mountain and no appreciation. I then worked for another person who was a monster .... I did not say. The salary is poor. The benefits are really excellent but only if you stay at least 3 years. Either you fit in that environment or you do not.
Pros
good benefits but not work the aggravation
Cons
very bureaucratic. Management blaming staff rather than admit to their own mistakes!
If it is good or bad, it depends on what are your goals
Analyst (Current Employee) –  London31 July 2018
If you like work-life balance and a quiet workplace, it is very good.

If you want career progression, high salary and high professionalism, it is not the place for you
Pros
Work-life balance, you are overpaid for what you do, quiet and friendly co-workers, benefits
Cons
Disorganization, little training, slowness, less professionalism than private bank, most of the roles are mundane, little space for career progression
Amazing learning experience with amazing people
Legal Transition Team Intern (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2017
My time at EBRD has been so far one of the best experiences in my work career.
I am working with a team that work together, laugh together and build each other up on a daily basis. I have been given the opportunity to work in different sectors such as legal finance and on projects such as the development of best practices in public procurement to name a few.
Pros
Amazing learning experience
Cons
They have a subsidise restaurant which means I eat more than I should.
Good Place To Work
Team Assistant/Senior HR Officer (Former Employee) –  London9 August 2017
Diverse Culture, Scope to advance career, Training Provided. Work Life balance would be considered good. Fantastic canteen and employee benefits. Slightly antiquated systems, but they are improving and trying to move forward
Pros
Great Canteen
Cons
Slightly antiquated systems
diverse and fun place
Associate Banker (Former Employee) –  London6 June 2017
so multicultural
you get to meet so many people from all over the world
diverse and excellent benefits / work life balance
get to work on many projects in interesting region - ex-soviet block
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Street Station, Greater London2 May 2017
You work long hours which can be bad but good at the same time, as at the end of the day you feel like you had a productive day and the salary is really good aswell.
Microcosm
Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  175 Bishopsgate4 April 2017
Because of the unusual status of EBRD, funded by governments to lend to countries, it has something akin to a diplomatic immunity. The permanent staff are exempt from some UK tax with the result that there is little staff turnover. Coupled with the fact that it has no competition, the management and processes are inefficient and lack innovation.
Pros
Little time pressure to deliver
Cons
Poor governance and management accountability
Great place to intern
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  London, UK19 December 2016
Great way to get exposed to project finance and the world of development banking. The internship made me change career paths.
Great people
Associate (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2016
Fantastic place to meet various people but no career progression . Very difficult to move up the ladder as there is no people turnover . Great work life balance
Pros
Subsidised canteen
Cons
No career progression
Extremely well structured Bank
HR Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  London11 April 2016
Extremely well organised HR team and totally motivated and dedicated.

How to remain calm even in an very fast paced working environment
Great Organisation.
IT Computing Administrator (Current Employee) –  London5 April 2016
EBRD are a fantastic organisation within a well established industry. It is a great excitement being part of a great group of workers and a fantastic environment to work in.

I have learned so much of different type of software tools to use from SAP, Service-now and QSM. Also coming from a young at only 19 into a massive organisation were not a lot of younger people have a chance to make it in this industry. Management and Co-workers are fantastic very helpful and make you feel part of a team from day one.

Once of the hardest bits of work is sticking to tight deadlines with short time periods but this can also lead with the best things of work which is being praised for of my hard working effort. Most enjoyable part of the day would be arriving at work knowing i am going to have a great and productive day.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Not enough room for progression
Learning curve
Bilingual PA (Former Employee) –  London16 February 2016
I worked as a PA for four bankers, dealing with their diaries, mails, hotels and flights booking and visa renewals and their expenses.
Pros
mortgage and health benefits
Cons
Not very challenging
Not even worth my time
Asset Coordinator / I.T Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 July 2015
More work load than possible to get through within hours of pay - even with my 20+ years of admin' experience. Any efforts I made to do my best whilst maintaining the quality of my work, was never appreciated.

If you don't fit in/play the bottom-licking game... you won't get far.

They have a very high staff turn over (I worked in a dept that involved setting up joiner and leaver accounts so had good insight to this).

Only good thing about the role was its office location to my home.

If they spent more efforts treating their staff better than they do the marble interior walls... my views would reflect as such.
Pros
Cons
Disorganised, hierarchy driven, blame centric vs supportive