Europcar Employee Reviews

Steer clear
Driver/valeting (Former Employee) –  Knotty Ash16 April 2019
I enjoyed the job, but far too many backstabbers in the team. If your face fits your ok, if not your out of a job, far too many favourites and laziness that gets overlooked because they're the Invincible Three. the management know who they are
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Long hours, and uncertainty
Dont work in the leicester support center
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire19 March 2019
Management are so bad its a joke, not mentioning a certain someones name personally.

Managers can be very two faced and lay off staff ALOT. 60+ have just been laid off from Customer services and all work is going to MANILA!
Pros
some team members are great
Cons
management, ISS being the worst department, CS are shocking
Zero hours, low pay, throw away staff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Devon21 February 2019
If you like driving and don't mind cleaning cars alot it's ok.

But the low pay and zero hour contract are hard to live off. Not knowing how much you will take home each week is not good.

None of the upper staff care about the drivers as long as the wages targets are met.
Pros
Drivers are a fun bunch
Cons
Zero hours, low pay, no way to advance
Very poor
Car Park Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 January 2019
Most people there don't help you out and put you I difficult position to do all the worrk yourself. Miss leading team leader in returns. Not very freindly staff
Pros
Cons
Min wage
Very good employer
UK Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Watford28 January 2019
I spent 27 years at this company and had various role from Branch Manager , internal audit through till my last position as UK Distribution Manager .
very supportive company to work for but had to leave because of a company takeover by National car rental. Spent some great years at Europcar but was forced to make a change.
Pros
Very flexible and company car
Cons
No real cons
treatment
customer services agent (Current Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire9 December 2018
you don't feel like you get treated well at all not a good place to work they set unreasonable targets for you to achieve in a day also the hours they make you do is too much for me to handle at 17
productive and fun workplace
Insurance Support Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire8 December 2018
As an insurance support agent,I take bookings from various insurance companies from customers and insurance companies to provide courtesy cars to the customers.I enjoy talking to customers as after the booking is confirmed,doing paperwork is part of my duty and sending them to the relevant rental stations via email.
I learnt that certain customers p[refer to drive a like to like vehicle as their own and therefore it becomes a challenge to get them what they need.I have full support from my manager and I find her approachable whether it is work related or other issues.
The most interesting and challenging part of this job is when a customer wants a certain type of a vehicle and it has to be using one particular type of fuel like only diesel.Then this sometimes forces us to outsource the rental with other suppliers if we do no have any particular one in the fleet .
I enjoy my job as I am a versatile individual as this job involves both talking on the phone as well as doing some administration work.
Pros
prayer breaks
Cons
short lunch break for only half an hour
Professional and fun work place, but can lack organisation.
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London21 October 2018
Overall my time at Europcar was good. All staff were friendly and professional. Cons; lack of career development, long hours and salary. However it may have just been under my manger and territory that these problems existed.
Pros
Professional
Good company
Driver team leader (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London8 October 2018
I worked with them for 4 years very demanding job at times went above and beyond for this company only to be dismissed over lies made by someone that couldn’t handle the job and she then went on to nick a car and crash it . So more fool them they lost a good worker for someone who didn’t last 6 months
Pros
Going home in new cars everyday
Cons
Can be 24 hour due to call outs
Underpaid,Undervalued,Overworked,Hire & Fire At A Whim
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds Hunslet LS10 1QR23 September 2018
Typical day - (zero contract hours,minimum wage even after 8 hrs worked) 7:30am start,don't arrive too early,you'll get made to work unpaid until then,expect average 12hr+ day,+ working saturdays.You can also be sent home at a minutes notice unpaid or after you finish your break if no work to cover whole team,rota can be changed at minutes notice to suit company,any plans you've made are irrelevant.Will end up using you're own phone at you're cost to solve company's problems.Current management Unapproachable and hostile to drivers but not with favoured ones who received best runs that were kept especially for then and not first come first served but most of us are seen as the lepers of the company,(high turnover of these due to poor treatment they receive),KPI's,business figures and personal sales bonuses are paramount,so office based personnel/staff are treated much more favourably by station manager.Good delivery & collection driver co-workers eventually get ostrasised and forced out,whilst some lazy,sneaky workers can do no wrong(Nepotism also in part).
The most enjoyable part of the job actually was getting out on the road away from the internal politics and inequality caused by management cronyism inside the depot,and releasing those stresses by having some banter with the customers.Would certainly be a decent place to be employed under more superior directorate.
Pros
There are no pro's.
Cons
Poor management leading, Long hours, Little training, Undervalued, Minimum wage, Zero hours contract
Nice company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire11 September 2018
Good company nice team
Easy job
Work manny hours but in good condition
Good training
Try to teach you everything what you need
What you need to do
Not a good place to work at
Service agent, Driver (Current Employee) –  Glasgow27 August 2018
Management is tragic, no social life, too much hours and not competitive salary. Too many duties for small money and the manager won’t listen to you she only shouts at people, don’t know how to run this kind of business.
No fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent5 August 2018
When you work at europcar it a long day cleaning cars and vans collecting car and van and delivering alround kent doing paperwork and working a hand computer that don’t work
Pros
No we lose half hour pay for lunch
Work!!
Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Luton Airport30 July 2018
Poorly paid, overworked.

I usually work in the fleet office, and have now been made to work on the sales desk, with no training. We have to sell insurance, upgrades and so on. But with no prior training you have to improvise.
Cons
Underpaid.
Supportive & Friendly environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cyprus Station2 July 2018
Going on my shift i had to take my list in order to review the deliveries.

I learned how to keep calm people and show my empathy to them to any difficulties appearing in their rental.

My colleagues was from different nationalities, but despite that we learned how to be all together like family.

The hardest part of the job is when you want to serve a customer and because of short fleet you don't have what the asked and prepaid for.

The most enjoyable part was when you offer your best products to customer and despite they wasn't buying anything, they was so thankful for your service.
Pros
We where like family
Cons
Night Shifts
Fun atmosphere
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London27 May 2018
A typical day at Europcar consists of making sure you have a list of any private bookings we have and I have to keep ahold of them at all times.
I always make sure i am friendly and welcoming and try to make the process very easy and quick for each booking.
if we are very busy I have to make sure I communicate with the other members of staff about the availability of cars and let the customers know and updated them about any wait they may have.
I enjoy my job because I love meeting all different types of people and no two days are the same.
Pros
One day is never the same
Cons
Being on my feet all day
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire24 May 2018
I was part of the customer service team, I started off on the phones answering customer queries and within 6 months became a case worker. Targets had to met and this was recorded on the system they use. Management was okay, it was always difficult to get holiday. I booked one holiday in particular a year in advance and I still didn't get it. I enjoyed the people, always friendly and helpful.
Fun to work and amazing staff
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 May 2018
Been working in this company for one year. Staff is the best I ever worked with. Every day enjoyable and interesting. A little bit too pushy in sales.
Pros
Sales bonus
Cons
Night shifts
Proffessional workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London7 May 2018
It was always a busy day at work since it was located at Heathrow airport during the summer, The hardest part was the smelly air conditioning in the exit booth. The best part was my colleagues.
So good, I’ve done it twice!
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 April 2018
Worked for Europcar back in 1999/2000 and only left after having my first child but loved everything about the job. Came back again in Sept 2015 as a fleet controller and have since been promoted to Manager. Work with a great team in my branch and extended team in the cluster. Have made friends for life! Job is hard work but always get recognition for a job well done. Extra hours do happen but always thanked for them
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Europcar. Our community is ready to answer.