Europcar Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London27 May 2018
A typical day at Europcar consists of making sure you have a list of any private bookings we have and I have to keep ahold of them at all times.
I always make sure i am friendly and welcoming and try to make the process very easy and quick for each booking.
if we are very busy I have to make sure I communicate with the other members of staff about the availability of cars and let the customers know and updated them about any wait they may have.
I enjoy my job because I love meeting all different types of people and no two days are the same.
Pros
One day is never the same
Cons
Being on my feet all day
Fun to work and amazing staff
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 May 2018
Been working in this company for one year. Staff is the best I ever worked with. Every day enjoyable and interesting. A little bit too pushy in sales.
Pros
Sales bonus
Cons
Night shifts
Proffessional workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London7 May 2018
It was always a busy day at work since it was located at Heathrow airport during the summer, The hardest part was the smelly air conditioning in the exit booth. The best part was my colleagues.
So good, I’ve done it twice!
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 April 2018
Worked for Europcar back in 1999/2000 and only left after having my first child but loved everything about the job. Came back again in Sept 2015 as a fleet controller and have since been promoted to Manager. Work with a great team in my branch and extended team in the cluster. Have made friends for life! Job is hard work but always get recognition for a job well done. Extra hours do happen but always thanked for them
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Hard work
No fun at all
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield13 April 2018
Expect long hours for little pay. expect to work way beyond the hours you are told and get no recognition for what you do.

A company that doesn't recognise the need for a work-life balance. Managers that get all the credit for the work that the lower level staff do.

All in all a bit of a joke !!
Pros
Cons
plenty
stay away
Car and Van hire driver (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough5 April 2018
Modern slavery undercovered business .
Small family franchise branch ( not a genuine Europcar one )
Monthly Payment superb scam ( missing hours every single month )
Pros
zero
Cons
overtime not payed
Don’t work for them
Driver (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire31 March 2018
Start work at 8 never know what time you are going to finish, never know what time you are getting your lunch & sometimes They make you work through it . the company expects miracles with equipment that is inadequate for the job. Never get paid proper wages The management doesn’t know what they’re doing they take hours away from you and treat you like a dog saying you’re just A key Time worker they do not Care about their Employees whatsoever don’t work for this place . The Company is a joke . 🤬
Pros
Cons
Wage £7.50 ph if your lucky
No contract
Driver (Former Employee) –  Weymouth England16 March 2018
would be sent home if quiet. Not enough hours , no contract and paid minimum wage. I was expected to work as many or as little hours as they wanted at very short notice.
Pros
cheap car hire
Cons
no contract
the worst job ever
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bristol13 February 2018
i working for europcar through a agency,delivering and collecting cars
starting is at 7am and finishing at 10 or 11 pm sometimes
wages is around 300 and 400 pounds as a self employed and got to pay the taxes as well
Pros
poor managment
Cons
One of the best jobs i had
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City26 January 2018
I worked at Europcar for just over 11 years.. It was a great place to work. Really enjoyed my time there. Hours were long and you could get delayed from late flights, but that was part of the job and it was always appreciated if you had to work over. Sales bonus was really great and training was always giving to help you improve and achieve
Pros
Very good pay and conditions
Cons
Could sometimes be long hours
unfair
driver details and Payment descriptions (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire14 January 2018
They say that they are with the disability act and they are not. They are meant to train you on new things but they don't. My hours were pretty okay but I know people that work their and they get taken advantage of. My manager at the time was aware of my disablitiies and still I was too slow.
Hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, Greater London9 January 2018
I don’t like in thos company because i’m working about 12 h per day this is the reason thats way i whant to leave from this job . The staff and management ther same times is not normal
fun workplace
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire7 January 2018
good atmosphere, great people a little bit too late finish, if the money would be better the it would be perfect job would like to have a similar job.
I worked with lovely people
PA to Head of HR (Former Employee) –  Leicester7 January 2018
A very full on day where a lot was expected of you. I did phone work, produced contracts of employment and any other typing for the managers that was required
Pros
Cons
a full on day that meant I didnt always get a full lunch
Great workplace. A fun, interesting and engaging job
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Guernsey7 January 2018
I worked the desk at the airport in Guernsey. I met a lot of people arriving for pleasure and we were therefore able to share enthusiasm for the island. I met a lot of happy people. I also met a lot of business men/women who came to the island for work often and therefore built relationships with them.
Friendly work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bracknell28 December 2017
Good place to work for a while. Hourly rate is a minimum wage but you have oportunity to have a lot of hours. Job is easy at all and giving a lot of fun becouse you can drivining brand new cars
Don't work here if possible.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  North west.Area.24 December 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for,you are not appreciated for the work you do,but are expected to do and work as long as needed.Threats and bullying are how the management get you to work.I have worked for them over ten years,can't leave because of my age,and if a company is needed to be investigated it's this one.
Pros
There are no pro's.
Cons
But plenty of con's, to many to list.
Car hire
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 December 2017
Typical day at work is starting time can vary as its shift work through It's very long days. But I always get busy working with customers, working on sales technique and picking up and dropping off customer cars.
workplace
Once my apprenticeship was completed (Current Employee) –  new street car park edinburgh21 November 2017
A typical day at work is very poor and boring
your brain gets to work and learn about cars
the culture in Europcar is very dry
hardest part off the job is working on the computer system
most enjoyable part is meeting customers and helping them
the down side is its a ZERO hour contract witch means the can get rid off you very easily
Pros
theres nothing fun about it
Excellent place to work.
New Business Executive (Former Employee) –  Watford7 November 2017
Europcar was a lovely place to work. The day was taking up by enough duties to fill the day but not overly stressful. The management were great as well as very helpful HR dept. The most enjoyable part of the job was working within a great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Europcar. Our community is ready to answer.