Eurofins

Eurofins Employee Reviews

United Kingdom82 reviews
I actually quite enjoyed my time there: I had two stints working there. The management is harsh but fair. Would recommend this company to work for if you have a 'work hard & play hard' mentality. No tolerance for shirkers!
Unable to comment due to contract and at the moment under consultation due to redundancy of the chemistry department which I was part of. I also do not wish to slander or denounce a company that I was a part of for so many years.
A stressful working environment with poor leadership and a lack of understanding from senior management. Poor computer systems caused additional pressures on staff.
Absolutely loved my job and the people there. Very busy Reception. Great people to work with and a cheerful atmosphere. I would definitely work there again.
Turn up and do what's asked of you and you'll be fine. Obviously they expect you to do the workload of two people and also work twice as fast for peanuts!
Spoken down to on a daily basis from senior staff and other employees in the Lab. Respect has no meaning in this Lab and proper training is never given. Working environment is very toxic and gossiping, bullying, and the disgusting way certain staff members are treated is shocking. Unless you are extremely close to senior staff and the click they have going on you most likely won’t fit in. Courtesy doesn’t cost a thing and clearly doesn’t exist in this Lab.
Team work is key here and the team leaders manage that brilliantly, work can be fast paced but there is always someone available to give you a hand. Feels more like a family unit than a place of work.
Do not work here if you don't want depression. The company is sly and will bend over backwards to make sure that they can do anything or get away with anything that they shouldn't. Managers are absolutely rubbish, especially in microbiology and path lab. If you are sick even with a sick note which they shouldn't be able to touch you, believe me they will touch you. I learned absolutely nothing from my time here except that if you shag people above you that's the only way up. Gossip is a massive thing here also. Bullying. Discrimination at its finest here. Hardest part of the job was actually walking through the doors.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Everything except free coffee and tea
Very poorly managed site with problems being buried as managers wish to not deal with any aspect in the running and operation of the company. Most staff are young and have gained access through agencies. This leave a school playground mentally amoungst the employees. The senior staff are very clickey which can make advancement difficult
management are great and enjoyed working. There are many opportunities to progress, i would recommend a friend .............................................
This job is for the university graduate who needs their two years experience before moving on. It can provide marketable skills at the cost of your health and social life. My colleagues are angels, upper management less so. They would gladly squeeze your soul from you if they thought it would help them pin down that bottom line. The shifts leave no time for any sort of work life balance and annual leave is difficult to get off. The customers won't hesitate to demand more of you than you are contracted to give (working extra hours, returning to work the next day before your mandatory 11 hour rest period) and the bosses will not be on your side or even be around to help because managers don't work weekends. My personal plan was to get in, load up on the lab skills and get out again. With some strategic planning I have successfully obtained a large repertoire of desirable skills including transferable laboratory skills, customer liaison (n.b. see above) and teamwork. The level of the work is challenging and with a better focus on staff welfare this could even be an enjoyable job. Sadly I would bet my salary that will never happen. The majority of the team is young - 20 to 30 y/o - and staff turnover is very high. The enjoyable part of working here is the fantastic team and colleagues I get to collaborate with every day. Their genuine care for the work we undertake is reflected in the strength of our teamwork and unerring attention to detail. Personal integrity amongst the staff is extremely high. We also have occasional cinema outings after work too.
Creio que é uma boa empresa, mais a parte de gerencia precisava rever sua posição perante a empresa.
Morale is quite low. Examiners are constantly told in huddles that they are not doing enough work but feedback is not given to tell staff where they stand in relation to targets or how they can improve. Promotions and further training are not given out fairly. e.g. some people had to go through interviews with tests and presentations to get promotions/further training whereas others were automatically promoted due to 'business need'. Middle management are quite negative and openly complain in the office about staff. There is a blame culture among some staff and they are not pulled up on this by management. It's such a shame as there are some amazing people here and the job itself is fantastic.
Pros
the job itself
Cons
Not enough office space, middle management
Total waste of time and life, was working many years without pay rise ,(minimum pay) unapprochable managers who dont care. No sick pay. Bad working hours.
The job is okay for a short time, but would not advise staying longer than a year. Management is terrible, seemed to get worse over time. There was no communication between management and there seems to be alot of empty promises and no benefits. They claim you can progress easily through the company, which you can't and there's an abundance of training, which there isn't.
Typical day was spent sampling food fast paced and demanding, management were not greatly supportive wanting the results yesterday and not giving time to do best job. Understand everyone is under pressure in these roles but courtesy costs nothing and so ultimately not for me.
Staff here seem to get away with what they want to do. Although the work life balance can be good there are late hours that staff are not rewarded for. The senior management are very disengaged from the lower ranks and from normal life.
First off i was LIED to when i was sold on the job i was under the impression overtime was optional but it was pretty much expected and when you tried to leave when your shift was done you was guilted by the team leader into staying. But this wasnt the case for all staff it was clear from day 1 there was favouritism and 1 rule for some staff and another rule for other staff. Management appear to care little to none about the employees, overworked underpaid and expected to fill an unrealistic quota, because staff are so miserable they often last less than 6 months, before they leave for better things, morning meetings feel as if they are just an attack on "heres what you've done wrong this time and here are all the problems are customers are complaining about, human error is a thing telling your staff i dont know what to tell the customer anymore when stuff is missed which is only a small amount compared to the total we process daily is a joke your customer service its your job to explain mistakes happens. The training was non-existant the first day you are given every procedure and process to read through all of which state you should fully understand what you are doing and why and how it effects the process as a whole before being left to do any job unsupervised yet every new task you get a quick 10min run through of what you need to do observed for another 5 mins then left to do it yourself tthats if you are lucky most of the time when you tell the dedicated training co-ordinator that you need training on a new task you were met with i'm too busy
The job is ok if you aren’t planning on staying for long. The work is boring and repetitive but also very easy! Most of the staff hate working there because of how poorly managed it is. The company very often falls behind on its production because of its high staff loss and becomes very frustrating and stressful. You have good days and bad days like most jobs but I was so happy when I left!
During my one year working at Eurofins, I can honestly say it has been one of the worst experiences I have had. Training is poor, salary is laughable, team leaders are terrible and so is management. You will leave everyday with your whole body hurting and aching. It is not normal. They pay 15000 salary which is why it's not mentioned on the ad. DON'T WORK HERE! You will regret it.
Management is very weak, lack of communication,Company is full of broken promises wouldn't recommend anybody to work for them.l would keep well away from this company,