Play YouTube video button
Eurochange

Eurochange Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews
Featured review
Eurochange selected this as a representative review
Very engaging work place. The style of work makes the time during your shift fly by. It is not as friendly as maybe working in other retail jobs because of the serious nature about security risks when handling large sums of money. You definitely need to be a bit more disciplined when doing this job. Otherwise its easy to make mistakes during cash transactions which comes out of your payslip at the end of the month.
Pros
best currency rates for you and family
Cons
small workspaces
7 October 2019
Thank you for leaving your review.

We are delighted that you found the workplace engaging and that your shifts flew by!

I hope the training provided to you when you joined the business helped you to learn all aspects of the role and that you were well supported by your Area Manager in your time with us.

If you have any further feedback you would like to share with us about working with eurochange, please email hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk.
I've had plenty of different jobs over the years but this was one was by far the best. Unconditional support from management, so many opportunities for advancing your career. Shifts to suit your life (contract depending) and generally the best bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Support, advancement opportunities, pay, bonus scheme
Cons
Can be stressful during busy periods
Generally, a good place to work. Training method was haphazard, however, a new system was in place shortly after I qualified. Days were slow as business was quiet but I’m sure that in height of holiday season this would change. (Joined Eurochange in Dec 2019, so only there for 3 months by the time lockdown kicked in.)
Pros
Small, fun incentives run by manager
Cons
No toilet or kitchen facilities in some branches
The area manager was lovely, the staff at the other branches were amazing. You work alone and this is so hard at busy times dealing with large large amount of money and no time to sort anything out, you have other duties to do the days are really busy most days any way on sundays it is so quiet you are lucky to see 2 people. You do not get paid enough for the responsibility of this job.
Pros
Learn new skills
Cons
Too much responsibility for low money
I enjoy working for eurochange and have a great work life balance and great friendship with colleges. Excellent training to start and ongoing throughout your career.
Meet a lot of different customers so need to be adaptable. Must have a knowledge of many different currencies (not just euros and dollars). Mental maths and fast at counting. also need to be on the ball with fraudulent activity
i would highly recommend never having anything to do with this company the managers are sexist and degrading
the company do not back any of its lower ranked staff and they expect unreasonable requests to be fulfilled unquestioned and unchallenged
14 April 2020
Thank you for leaving your review. However, I am very concerned by some of the comments you have made and would ask that you email hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk to allow me to arrange a time to contact you to discuss your points in further detail.
Not a bad company to work for.

The role itself is pretty easy, all that's required is attention to detail/due diligence when serving customers.

If you follow the processes and don't stress, then you'll be fine.

If you don't like your own company/aren't confident working alone this probably isn't the job for you. As there is a significant level of single manning, in most stores.

Overall, it's not bad, just not very challenging.
10 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your review. You are absolutely correct with your comment about attention to detail and due diligence. We give all colleagues in depth training to help them to follow the processes we have in place.

There is a element of lone working within the role, depending on the size of the branch. We do try to minimise this as much as possible by having a middle shift in place so that only a very few colleagues are in branch all day on their own.
A job that requires attention albeit not to a great deal, as you will be dealing with numerous amounts of currencies.

If you are afraid that you will count out pounds instead rupees to customers, then I'm afraid that this is not the job for you, not to mention that if you 'accidentally' over change a customer, the difference will be allocated to your staff card. The money on your staff is deducted from your salary on a monthly basis until it is cleared. This may not be an issue for people that are accustomed to regularly paying back debt.

If you are on a flexi contract you have no control over what hours you do. The hours you work will be erratic in some months, and the bare minimum in other months.

These views are of my own judgement from working within the company. I can confirm that I do not suffer from any illness which may impair my ability to form a rational judgement.

I can appreciate that my review has been rather negative. Therefore I kindly invite the reader to find positives below, including but not limited to:

1) Most importantly, since the salary will not entice you, the atmosphere will - Great deal of banter within the team.

2) Opportunity to meet with a range of customers who may be able to offer you a job elsewhere.

3) Opportunies to travel to different branches for a few days - expenses paid for.
10 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to review our business.
I am however very concerned about the comments you have made about the staff card - after listening to colleague feedback, the staff card process was removed in November. All errors are now charged to the branch and our colleagues are not liable for this. This would have been communicated to you by your Area Manager and via various in-branch messages. I am concerned that you were not aware of this.

Our flexi contracts are designed to suit both the colleague and the business. Many people like to have that flexibility to their working pattern and as a business, this helps us with seasonal fluctuations in business levels.

Thank you for your review - all views expressed help us to improve as an employer. Feel free to share any other thoughts you may have with us by emailing hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk.
Fast paced, need self motivation and drive to meet targets and expectations, if failing to meet be prepared to be performance managed and pushed out of the organisation.
24 January 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It is very much appreciated.

You are correct in saying that the role is fast-paced with targets to be meet - this is important to the success of our business. However we do also offer excellent rewards in the way of bonuses to those who perform well in their roles.

As you are a current employee, I would urge you to speak with your Area Manager to re-engage you with the business and to resolve any concerns that you may have. We certainly do not want colleagues to feel that they are being 'pushed out'.

We also have several other ways for you to provide us with feedback on how you are feeling (such as Realtime Feedback, the employee rep forum etc) - we will do all that we can to help you and to allay any concerns. Alternatively please speak with your HR Business Partner or email hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk.
The most boring job on the planet. I was here so long I seen more people come and go than in a Guatemalan whre house.

The staff turnover is horrendous.

Staff card - this is no longer taken off your wages. Which is a win for some.
17 January 2020
Thanks for providing us with your feedback. I am sorry if you found that the job didn't offer you enough challenge.

Some of our branches are busier than others - if you were still with us, I would have encouraged you to speak with your Area Manager who would have been able to offer you shifts in other branches with a higher footfall of customers.

We are looking at various ways to reduce our staff turnover and have already seen an improvement since the change to our staff card policy, which has been positively received. We actively encourage our teams to make suggestions on how we can improve our working environment eg through our employee rep forum, through the Realtime Feedback and through employee surveys.

If there is any other feedback you would like to make, please feel free to email me on hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk.
You will effectively be the Branch Manager. Fully responsible for opening and closing, ensuring all targets are met or you will be scrutinised and pressurised to improve. You are held to account for any cash losses and currently have any cash losses deducted from your wages, if two members of staff are working together and it cannot be proved who was responsible they have split the loss 50/50 so whoever was not responsible suffers too.
10 January 2020
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Due to the size of some of our branches, there can be an element of lone working, depending on location - many of our employees enjoy having that level of responsibility but we do recognise that this is not the case for everyone. We often move colleagues to different branches to allow them to experience different work environments.

Targets are in place in order to ensure that we meet our overall business goals, which is common across all retail businesses. However your Area Manager would have provided you with support and guidance on how to achieve the expected results.

To make you aware, we have recently changed our policy with regards to errors made by sales advisors, as a result of feedback we have received from current and past colleagues. Cash losses are assigned to the branch now and not to the sales advisors.
Think the only positives I can really say is that I find it interesting learning about different currencies, as well as being able to get on with everyone who I've worked with in the company.

Don't agree with the amount of responsibility I have for my job role/pay grade, especially when I was given the keys to open up a branch within 4 weeks of me starting the job and being with someone who started 2 weeks before me.

Also I've noticed that there's a high staff turnover, meaning that the company can't get the staff quick enough, meaning that a lot of the staff are working 6 day weeks (50-70 hours dependent on branch opening hours and if you're working full days) and end up stressed and/or ill due to being overworked.

Carrying on from the previous point about being stressed and overworked, sometimes a few mistakes are made which are put onto a staff card (they've apparently got rid of recently), meaning you have to pay for any shortages that cost the company.Fair enough when you can easily see that it's your own mistake, but when there's no obvious connection, it quickly gets shared between everyone who worked in that store on the day. It frustrating when you know full well that it wasn't yourself and makes you wonder hat you're work for every four weeks.
2 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm delighted that you enjoy learning about different countries and that you get on well with your colleagues.

We have indeed changed recently changed our policy with regards to mistakes made by sales advisors, as a result of feedback we have received from current and past colleagues.

I would however like to discuss in more detail some aspects of your feedback and would ask you to contact me direct on hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk to allow us to address your concerns.
Management good and love the job, Very past faced, busy. Good benefits. But most of the co worker doesn’t cooperate as a team but so far I love working in the company
15 November 2019
I am delighted that you are loving the job - the business is certainly very fast paced as you say!

We are currently looking at the benefits we offer so I hope we will be able to offer even more in the future.

I'm sorry that your co-workers don't seem to be as co-operative as you would expect. Please feel free to raise your concerns with your Area Manager.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - I hope that you have a long and successful career with us.
I was a team leader for 3 stores and there was a area manager who constantly rang to ask where you were, checked the cameras in the store and asked you to ring him all the time. No one wanted to hear my situation and it’s like a circle of them the rest don’t fit
Nasty place minimum wage for what you do
14 October 2019
I am sorry to hear that you felt that your experience with your Area Manager was not what you would expect.

I am keen to speak with you regarding this to gain a better understanding of the issues you encountered. Please could you contact me on hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk - I will then arrange to call you at a mutually convenient time.
I’ve worked in many places , and this is the only place I will never go back to.

Colleagues are nice, very stressful job role, short unpaid breaks while on duty.
Pros
Some great colleagues
Cons
No toilet facilities, poor management.
7 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We would like to discuss your comments further with you to obtain a better understanding of your concerns - please can you email hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk with your contact details and we will be in touch with you.
If you want the life sucked out of you then this is the place for you. Sat in a box day in day out staring out the window like a sad monkey in a zoo! No home/work balance. Being told Eurochange MUST be your priority even when your children are poorly. Trying to force additional products ie mortgages cash passports and then scrutinised when people dont want them! TERRIBLE
11 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am concerned that you did not enjoy working for us and I would like to address the concerns you have raised.

Please could you contact me on hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk, providing your contact details, so that I can discuss these with you directly.
Literally the worst company I have worked for. Working in a branch alone, having to run to the toilet as and when you can to not have a customer shout at you, even when you're on your break and in branch you are expected to serve. Micro management at its finest, the company do not care about your well being in the slightest. I had to work 50 hour weeks in the peak of summer due to no staff and was then made to train new starters on top of this, even though I didnt want to. Avoid this awful company
11 October 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Indeed.

We do try to give our prospective colleagues a good understanding of the working environment by inviting each person to an 'on job experience' so that they can experience first-hand what it's like to work for us. It is the case that some of our branches do not have in-branch toilet facilities; however, in those instances, there are toilets available within the shopping centre. I would have hoped that this would have been made clear to you at the on job experience.

Our peak periods can be very busy, as I am sure you will appreciate. I am concerned, however, that you felt forced to work 50 hours per week and to support the training of a new employee during that time as well. I would like to discuss this with you so I would be grateful if you could email me on hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk with your contact details - I will then call you to obtain further information about your experience. .
Terrible management and awful pay make it the worst place to work! No running water or toilet system and only 1x20 minute break expected to be used for lunch- Buy lunch and eat it and use the bathroom/smoke if your a smoker. Never thanked for staying late or coming In early.
With the one person who worked alongside of me was made a senior, they basically acted like the manager and when I had a sick day I would have that person in my face questioning me and asking why I’m off instead of saying are you ok.
I left because of this person and because of the bullying I endured and management done nothing about it.

When I first starting working here it was great.

But when it is only you and one other person working and you both have to work at the same time, you’re always stretched. Working every single weekend even though you were told you would get at least 1 weekend off a month.

Was given targets which some of them you can not actually do anything to reach.
I love working in Eurochange Ltd , this is one of the best company I have ever worked for, management and environment experience has been lovely for me I recommend everyone join this excellent company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurochange. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9