Eurochange Employee Reviews

Horrible
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London22 May 2018
Its a really boring job. I wouldn't recommend it at all. The pay is basic and if you give to much money to a customer by accident it will come out of your pay check so be careful.

You work alone mostly so it gets really boring, unable to use your phone it has to be locked away and turned off.

There are cameras watching you.

There isn't any training structure. The breaks are rubbish. No benefits to this job at all.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no staff working with you, rubbish break, rubbish pay, no training given.
Pretty poor.
Cluster Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom18 May 2018
Not really much you can say about this place.

Very boring and mundane job. You work by yourself a lot.

Managers get moaned at for not spending more time in each branch. But there’s not enough hours in the budget to allow them away to not cashier.

Wages are relatively insulting, but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and the company wonders why.
Pros
Cons
Long, long hours, Insulting pay increases, Rotas are given 4 weeks in advance but change constantly
Do Not Work Here
Currency Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 April 2018
Constantly lied to by management about everything from what time you could finish to how much bonus i would get. Terrible work/life balance. Worst place ive ever worked. They take money out of your wage if there is a discrepency cashing up(despite weather it was you or not) this is completely uncapped as well. Never work here.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
productive place
Travel Money Advisor (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset8 April 2018
My first job in travel money department, I really enjoy training and I am happy to say I have a lot of experience with customer service and with travel money department now.
Very boring job.
Foreign Exchange expert (Current Employee) –  Ipswich28 March 2018
There isn't alot to do, the job isn't demanding and it's not hard. There is only a small number of tasks that needs to be done and once they are completed, exept for customer service I feel stuck. I cannot reach my full potential in this job.
Worst job I’ve ever had
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 March 2018
If you want to work in a box with no break, long shift patterns on minimum wage then when you colleagues make any mistakes picture all that money daily being deducted off your wages, then this is the perfect job for you. No recognition or encouragement. This company’s motto is strictly aslong as they make money they will do whatever it takes. Staff are not looked after! Some go without any breaks or even able to go to the toilet for over 8 hours!
Pros
When you go home
Cons
Everything about the job
Enjoyale
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maidstone28 February 2018
Working at Eurochange has taught me a lot, Just like any job if you you work hard you go far, they have sent me on a train the trainer course and a supervisor course up in London, these were enjoyable course and i was able to meet other staff members who work for Eurochange. Eurochange have a lot of incentives if you hit your daily and weekly targets you get love 2 shop vouchers and an added bonus to your pay.
Good compan
Foreign Exchange Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 February 2018
I loved my time at Eurochange as I found exchange rates and dealing with a range of queries exciting. Can be hit and miss depending on the managers. Overall a good job.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  All over as never based in Home branch6 February 2018
Awful company to work for !! Disgusting pay for the amount of hours you work.
Never get a bonus
Work on your own 24/7
Have to go to other shops as they class you as over staffed so for you to do your contact hours you have to travel to different destinations
Managers have no clue
I personally would never recommend this company for anyone to work unless you want to be a Slave
Cons
Not really up to standard
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage5 February 2018
Worked for Eurochange for roughly a year and in that time I was bullied, neglected from any sort of training and then scrutinised for not understanding

If you loose money in this job (you will as everything is so poorly ran and the cashiers are always blamed) you have to pay it back via your salary
Pros
Working with nice people who are in the same hole you are
Cons
Low pay, no respect for staff
Really enjoy the role
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 January 2018
Really enjoy the role, you're trained up on everything and given clear expectations and targets. Fun team to work with and competitions set to gear us up. Fair bonus scheme that if I do my basic job correctly I can earn bonus every month. Hours ate not bad, you never work more than contract unless you can and are willing. There is career development too if people want it
Pros
Better rate on currency for you, friends ans family
Cons
Sometimes have to work alone but not too often as its a busy branch
Could do better
Foreign Exchange Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redditch15 January 2018
This job was very busy at certain times of the year and working alone for 8.5 hours a day without being able to have a lunch break or toilet break is not ideal

More support is needed for cashiers in this company
Awful company
Foreign Exchange Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire27 December 2017
Absolutely awful company to work for. You start your job and are expected to be fully competent in everything in a 4 week period. No work/life balance, you get hired for one store and are never there as they always need cover at other stores due to a high percentage of staff leaving. Supposed to get 2 days off a week, very rarely happens (lucky if you get one a week) you're supposed to get two 20 minute breaks in a 9 hour day, but that rarely happens as you're only allowed to close the store if there's no customers as most stores only have one person working as they are short staffed. It's very rare for a store to have a toilet as well, which again means you have to close the store but if you're busy you're not allowed to tell the customers no, so you're just expected to wee yourself (It's like being treated like a 5 year old)
Managers are useless, not helpful in the slightest. They care more about the targets/profits than training their staff properly (hence the large number of people leaving)
I would not recommend this company to any one, unless you want it to drain all the happiness out of you as that will happen!
Pros
Sometimes I was allowed to sit down.
Cons
Awful company as a whole
8.10 maximum salary for sale advisors
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London15 December 2017
You get penalised for forgetting to wear a name badge or your work scarf. Management is terrible with staff relationship and understanding the needs of staff. Its possible to make long lasting friendships within the company.
Pros
Cons
terrible management
Worst company to work for
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  UK23 November 2017
Company lure you in with promises of good pay and bonuses but in reality it's nothing like this. You are paid just 10p more than minimum wage but this is a joke for the responsibility you have of opening and closing a branch. Can't fault regional manager but cluster manager isn't made for management. Only bothered about sales and targets and if these aren't met then questioned as to why and if your doing your job properly. If I knew what I know now before I accepted the job then I never would have taken the job. Never felt so stressed or down about a job ever as I do about this.
Pros
Chance of cheaper currency
Cons
Underpaid for responsibility
Great Company :)
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 November 2017
I currently work at Eurochange, this job is incredibly rewarding. This job is not sales focused at all which makes it a fun and no pressure job. It can be difficult with longer hours in Winter due to shopping centre hours as well as a lot of hours during Summer. At times it can be hard to have a work life balance however, the management staff are incredibly understanding and ensure this happens.

You can very quickly process up a career path with Euorchange which makes the job even more rewarding.
Pros
great atmosphere, good pay and benefits
Cons
Sometimes longer winter hours but this is due to shopping centres
low salary, and poor advancement opportunities
Cash Centre Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stevenage4 September 2017
ok as a first job but only for a very limited time. the salary was very low and the working hours lethal. Shifts of 13 hours at the weekends, 12 hours during the week. small "offices" with no toilets.
busy at times.
Cons
awful work-life balance
Depressing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 June 2017
Incredibly boring depressing no Saturday off, no team outings work by yourself in a quiet store, locked in a glass box. Life will be full of depressions.
Pros
Cons
Depressing place
Great team spirit
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth26 June 2017
In this current position my main duties were to bring customers over towards Eurochange also to do this i made their children very entertained and i put a massive smile upon their faces, by dressing up as a big tiger, i hugged, gave balloons and goody bags to bring a happy smile on their faces and to make the customers happy.
find out yourself
Cashier (Former Employee) –  eurochange10 June 2017
look below for all others said plus lots of rules, some really silly; bonus oriented company, lots of KPI's; favouritism for some people, and many other.
Pros
good as part time job
Cons
all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurochange. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2