Eurochange Employee Reviews

Absolutely Terrible!!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire22 October 2018
Worked here for only a few months. It was the worst place I have ever worked. No toilet, but when you needed to leave you had to close the whole branch and secure their money whilst being abused by customers, so in the end you don’t bother drinking much. Audit is so stressful and to much pressure for anyone. Had my Staff card applied and taken straight away, left me struggling to pay my rent.
The Manager, well he is an absolute joke, never in the branch, when he is he’s constantly on the phone, no support, absolutely useless and shouldn’t have the job! I Felt so much more support from the senior cashier who had children but yet still found time to support me in every way!! My advice is don’t apply, go elsewhere for better money and more support.
Pros
Mainly nice staff
Cons
Manager, staff card, no toilet
Living breathing groundhog day
Foreign Exchange Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scotland9 October 2018
Do you have an upbeat attitude?
A willing spirit?
A positive outlook?
Want to have them all destroyed and extracted from you painfully?
Then come work for eurochange!

If you like your own company and being in solitary confinement then this is the job for you!

As much as I like my own company the tipping point was being told that we are now pretty much single manning all winter.

Chances are you're researching the company the night before an interview.

Picture this - day after day after day you goto work, in a glass box, by yourself. You have about 10-15 customers a day and apart from them the only person you speak to is your manager over the phone a few times.

If you need to have a "break" - you need to lock the shop down and goto the nearest shop/shopping centre etc which has one (as chances are the shop hasn't got a toilet).

If you want to go on a break - see above.

You can't bring a book to work.
You can't use your phone.
You can't go online

You can go through the company's own e-learning - but half the questions are outdated or the quizzes etc insulting.
Cons
single manning, stuck in a glass box in solitary confinement day after day.
Not a good job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North Yorkshire25 September 2018
Management don't care about you unless you have children. Bad pay for the amount of work you have to do. No work/life balance, life revolves around job. Shifts changed without asking if it is okay and when it is not okay, they expect you to rearrange for their convenience.
Cons
The company likes to promote within
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire29 August 2018
Although I have only been here a short time I have enjoyed being able to use my skills from my previous jobs. I have a great opportunity to influence customers wants and expectations offering products and rates to help with the currency transaction. I am monitored as to my performance which can be a bit daunting if your not used to it. Facilities are basic in some branches so you need to bare this in mind. I enjoy the relationship you get to build with the customers and helping them gain the perfect transaction.
Pros
colleagues rates
Cons
lack of facilities
Its a job that pays. Avoid if possible.
FX Sales Cashier (Current Employee) –  Redacted17 August 2018
Big brother is watching. Cameras are watching, listening and you are checked by managers that you are working to their direction.

Think someone is a work friend? Think again, little sister will always report it to big brother.

Made a mistake? Expect to pay for it, deducted from your pay. I can understand why, but when you are not to blame, despite a policy change saying they won't, they will.

As a caution to you, this is a highly target driven sales environment, needing you to upsell every customer, selling them all you can, despite objection.

Training is shoddy at best, expectations are only found out after you have been signed off to work on your own logins.

Busy branch? Unable to fulfil certain metric requirements like a customer registration or rate watch during busy periods? Despite a framework that should allow you to tailor to your customer, this is often ignored and you are made to feel like you have underperformed, despite securing deals and ultimately the income for the company.

Quiet branch? You can fulfil your full sales framework and hit those targets. At the same time, expect to work alone and slowly go insane, as you can not bring in a book or pursue a hobby during times when you have nothing to do. I understand there is a virtual learning environment, but after a while this becomes boring and not in the least bit challenging or even relevant.

Generally the work environment feels like it is stuck in the late 1990s, needing to update systems.

Foreign customers can often be difficult, i.e. those who speak little english or none at all, it
  more... makes transactions go on for up to ten minutes, meaning other customers walk away after waiting so long, losin business.

Pressure to perform. If you are only slightly short of a single target, expect to be brought up on it, even if they themselves don't lead by example.

Hours can be unstable and volatile, during quiet periods, despite promises of more hours, expect your hours to go down to your original contract.

Feel like you are being talked about? You are. You will be the last person to know if you are to be demoted or the sack.
Pros
Slightly better than minimum wage.
Cons
Many, see my review...
Nothing to see here. Apply elsewhere!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Piccadilly Circus Station15 August 2018
They want you to sign your soul to th company for low wages. Being available all hours to any location. They like to employ needy people so they can use them to the max and they often change staff because none can take the abuse afte a while. Avoid it or suffer!
Pros
Uniform (cheesy remark, no pros with these money worshipers)
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, No breaks, No breathing, Mobile turned off throughout the day so you can't communicate with anyone, You are a prisoner!
Decent pay and room for progression, but no social life
Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 August 2018
When you first start it seems great, you have an above minimum wage, you feel responsible for a lot which is good. Then you finish training...And it suddenly sinks in that you have no longer got a life beyond work.

You will end up working long hours, sometimes 10-12hr days, possibly alone with no toilet, running water, internet access and you can't even read a book if it's quiet. Oh and you get 2 breaks of 20mins each.

Additionally, you may end up working 8+ days in a row, which is ridiculous and you can't plan your life because the Rota is always changing each week, regardless of being told that they are set.

I once got told off for visiting my girlfriend at her university when I had 3 days off in a row which was set in the Rota 4 weeks in advance. Why? Because the manager didn't want to work the Sunday and tried to make me work.

Oh and I also had to stay working a full day on my own when being physically sick, throwing up but not toilet in the store and coming in the following day.

While the job itself isn't a bad one, in terms of what you do, it's the hours, days, treatment of staff that gets you down.

If you're desperate for a job, go for it, but if you value your health, mentally and physically, as well as your life, don't bother. I feel much happier now in my new job, and I haven't even completed 2 weeks.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, Too many days in a row, Short breaks, Forced to work when ill, not allowed time off
not a fun place
former staff (Former Employee) –  South East2 August 2018
i was working for this company and i tend to agree with the comments ,very poor company and they dont value the staff . Very poor communications from cluster and regional managers
Good pay, bad company
Foreign Exchange Adviser (Current Employee) –  Southampton4 July 2018
typical day can go quick but can do slowly but you have to make sure you must do exactly everything you are told, even if it is conflicting from policies and your well being.
Good salary
FOREIGN EXCHANGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 June 2018
worked here for a short while, became poorly and had to take time off from work. management and head office were NOT understanding. They don't deal with staff complaints or issues fairly. however the nature of the job is brilliant and the hourly wage/salary is higher than average.
Horrible
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London22 May 2018
Its a really boring job. I wouldn't recommend it at all. The pay is basic and if you give to much money to a customer by accident it will come out of your pay check so be careful.

You work alone mostly so it gets really boring, unable to use your phone it has to be locked away and turned off.

There are cameras watching you.

There isn't any training structure. The breaks are rubbish. No benefits to this job at all.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no staff working with you, rubbish break, rubbish pay, no training given.
Pretty poor.
Cluster Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom18 May 2018
Not really much you can say about this place.

Very boring and mundane job. You work by yourself a lot.

Managers get moaned at for not spending more time in each branch. But there’s not enough hours in the budget to allow them away to not cashier.

Wages are relatively insulting, but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and the company wonders why.
Pros
Cons
Long, long hours, Insulting pay increases, Rotas are given 4 weeks in advance but change constantly
Do Not Work Here
Currency Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 April 2018
Constantly lied to by management about everything from what time you could finish to how much bonus i would get. Terrible work/life balance. Worst place ive ever worked. They take money out of your wage if there is a discrepency cashing up(despite weather it was you or not) this is completely uncapped as well. Never work here.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
productive place
Travel Money Advisor (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset8 April 2018
My first job in travel money department, I really enjoy training and I am happy to say I have a lot of experience with customer service and with travel money department now.
Very boring job.
Foreign Exchange expert (Current Employee) –  Ipswich28 March 2018
There isn't alot to do, the job isn't demanding and it's not hard. There is only a small number of tasks that needs to be done and once they are completed, exept for customer service I feel stuck. I cannot reach my full potential in this job.
Worst job I’ve ever had
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 March 2018
If you want to work in a box with no break, long shift patterns on minimum wage then when you colleagues make any mistakes picture all that money daily being deducted off your wages, then this is the perfect job for you. No recognition or encouragement. This company’s motto is strictly aslong as they make money they will do whatever it takes. Staff are not looked after! Some go without any breaks or even able to go to the toilet for over 8 hours!
Pros
When you go home
Cons
Everything about the job
Enjoyale
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maidstone28 February 2018
Working at Eurochange has taught me a lot, Just like any job if you you work hard you go far, they have sent me on a train the trainer course and a supervisor course up in London, these were enjoyable course and i was able to meet other staff members who work for Eurochange. Eurochange have a lot of incentives if you hit your daily and weekly targets you get love 2 shop vouchers and an added bonus to your pay.
Good compan
Foreign Exchange Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 February 2018
I loved my time at Eurochange as I found exchange rates and dealing with a range of queries exciting. Can be hit and miss depending on the managers. Overall a good job.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  All over as never based in Home branch6 February 2018
Awful company to work for !! Disgusting pay for the amount of hours you work.
Never get a bonus
Work on your own 24/7
Have to go to other shops as they class you as over staffed so for you to do your contact hours you have to travel to different destinations
Managers have no clue
I personally would never recommend this company for anyone to work unless you want to be a Slave
Cons
Not really up to standard
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage5 February 2018
Worked for Eurochange for roughly a year and in that time I was bullied, neglected from any sort of training and then scrutinised for not understanding

If you loose money in this job (you will as everything is so poorly ran and the cashiers are always blamed) you have to pay it back via your salary
Pros
Working with nice people who are in the same hole you are
Cons
Low pay, no respect for staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurochange. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2