Eurocell Employee Reviews

Beware
Disillusioned (Current Employee) –  Head Office11 October 2019
Scary place to work. From poor management to a broken culture. It may be a new plc but management by intimidation, bullying and toxic a atmosphere doesn't seem to matter as long as the investors are kept happy. High staff turnover is very real from head office to within the branch network, which is a shame as there are some good people there trying to do a good job. Read your contract before signing it, as, under staffing in the branches (forget about lunch breaks) and bad apples in senior positions make matters much worse than they need to be.
14 October 2019

Thank you for your review; I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more depth regarding the content of the review in order that I can understand and investigate your claims further.

If you could please contact me via email recruitment@eurocell.co.uk in the first instance, I would be most grateful.

nice idea but not great management
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands6 September 2019
bad management structure, tough targets general negative vibe its not great... can be a little bit of unpleasant!!!!! its a 1 or 2 year job max ........
15 October 2019

Productive & Fun
Data entry, updating spread sheets (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire28 August 2019
A typical day at work, you switch on the computer and the work never stops coming. It is a very fast paced role. The support you get of the Management is amazing. The team that I worked with are hard working, fun and very supportive, nothing is to much trouble.
14 October 2019

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Our company is growing rapidly and we recognise the importance of team support, training, and development, and I'm grateful to hear that we are providing you with as much support as you require. Thank you once again.

A challenge at times
Depot Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire21 August 2019
Previously worked for Eurocell over 10 years ago, since coming back I have seen many changes but I honestly believe that these changes are for the better of staff and customers.

Days can be hectic at times but other days you can relax, but you get out what you put in

If I have any issues I can call any of the senior management who will help me as much as possible

There are so many new systems coming into place that will assist staff in learning and progressing, I don't expect these to all happen over night but its great seeing things being done

Would I recommend working for Eurocell.... Yes

Job/Work Balance.. Good, your hours are what you signed up for

Salary/Benefits.... Base Salary could be better but you can say that for every company, benefits from bonus's to discounts internally and externally

Job Security... Work hard, ask for help when needed and communicate with management

Managerment… Good, new systems coming into place to help staff and improve customers experience
14 October 2019

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Glad to have you back and the positive changes you have seen.

We wish you a long and successful career here! Thank you once again.

What a shsme!!
Middle management (Current Employee) –  Uk20 August 2019
Top level directors keep expanding but without making any impact, in fact things seem to getting worse! Staff are just s numbers all they seem to care about is their bonus and share prices. It seems they are raking it in while everyone else is paying for it by constant pressure and bullying. Depots that are doing well seem to get more pressure to bail those who dont give a dame! Middle management RM's ROM's and RSM's should do there jobs, RSM'S go a sell something, ROM'S actually do what your paid to do and RM's manage those guys rather than just use them to do pointless and unproductive jobs!
Pros
Ummmm good question. If run right then great things
Cons
Top heavy senior management, with no knowledge of the bussiness they run!!!!!
14 October 2019

not recommend to anyone only if you realy need a job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Ilkeston28 July 2019
they dont let you to respect health and safety rules i get fired because i respect the rules ,they put me to work on a machine faulted and ofcourse i broke it ,and they put all the fault on me even if i report that for 2 weeks evryday
13 August 2019

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more depth regarding the content of the review, in order that I can understand and investigate your claims further.

Okay
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire11 July 2019
A very busy role in a autocratic work environment, very little management support and at times get too much.

Work life balance excellent and no requests for overtime or expected to work late. For the expected work, salary very low.

Slowly updating systems and working practices. A bit behind the times considering its a PLC
Pros
Discount Scheme, share scheme
Cons
poor pay
13 August 2019

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear that you felt that the work/life balance was excellent, and that you appreciated that you were not expected to do overtime or work late, as we are mindful in regards to the importance of work/life balance.

As a growing Plc, we are constantly reviewing our salary bench-marking.

Was good until....
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom8 July 2019
The company was a great place to work when i first started.

The higher management cannot manage their way out of a paper bag let alone run a region.
The higher managment are fully corrupt so can not be trusted.
They are bullies and they really do not care about staff welfare.

You do not get a lunch break yet are expected to arrive 15minutes early to open up unpaid and stay late and unable to claim any time in lieu nor paid overtime.

Pay is not competitive compare to other trade merchants you are paid a lot lot less and the managment knows it.

Saturdays 8-12 without a day off in the week, yet they do not add to holiday entitlment so therefore unpaid.

Make sure you read your contract if you do decide to join this company.

The turn over of staff is ridiculous considering eurocell is meant to be a leading company which shows how little staff matters.

The only good thing about eurocell is the staff at branch manager and below level they are very friendly and helpful and good to get on with.
Pros
People at manager level and below
Cons
Bullies, no lunch break, over worked, under paid.
13 August 2019

Read your contract before you join
All branch floor rolls (Current Employee) –  Anywhere7 July 2019
Take note of the Saturdays 8. Til 12 rotating .. load of crapp... your contact will say YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WORK EVERY SATURDAY... avoid .. corrupt management at its highest i have ever seen in a company ... management abusing their role n power... bullying at a high and covered up.
Pros
There are some good people working within . But menagment lets it all down
Cons
SINKING SHIP. Passed on promotions

People Are Overworked, Underpaid, Management Corrupt
Finance (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire21 May 2019
Never get a job here !! In a great big company you are just a number.

Never felt so uncomfortable in a job ever.

Some people are salaried 37.5 hrs a week with a workload of 60 hours a week. Paid just above minimum wage for professional roles. Unappreciated dogs bodies.

Move a few roles higher and there's the corruption, Bullying is rife and covered up by senior management when mentioned. Confidentiality doesn't exist.

Inadequate parking.

Best decision I ever made was to leave.
Pros
A few lovely colleagues
Cons
Majority of the colleagues, low pay, corrupt management

Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire10 May 2019
I enjoyed working for Eurocell until the CEO, Directors and Head of Management changed during the past two and a half years.

It is a very busy company and each day brought different issues to deal with.

Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Management decisions
14 October 2019

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it.

Our company is growing rapidly and we recognise the importance change management. Glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you once again.

Unbearable
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dumfries14 April 2019
Terrible place to work. Management constantly breathing down your neck regardless of performance. No breaks. Churn and burn culture, senior managers are professional bullies. Constantly harassed. Not trusted to do your job, require permission for just about everything, manager by name only. Monthly performance reviews with actions to perform by next meeting!!!! Not that you ever get time to do half the tasks you are given on a daily basis anyway. If you like being bullied and being completely stressed out this is the company to work for. Although I was with them over 4 yrs it is only in the last 2yrs it has become unbearable, this mainly due to becoming a plc and changes in management. I pity anyone who has to work for this crew. On a positive note, I managed to escape.
Pros
Some really good colleagues.
Cons
It's a shame but there were none for me.

Badly Run In Every Department
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire8 April 2019
Badly run and incompetent management who treat their employees like dirt.

No job security all the good workers leave to find better employment elsewhere

Mind numbing
Dogs body (Former Employee) –  Surrey8 February 2019
Expected to work all day with no proper break. repetitive but boring daily routines some pointless. Dire working conditions and pay. Management don’t care about staff and if you have any health problems-hard luck, they will totally ignore them. Most depot managers on the take, lining their own pockets. I would rather be on the dole than work for this shower again. BAD BAD company to work for.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Going to work

Huge Scope for Professional Development
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire3 January 2019
The company is going through a significant change in terms of processes, approaches and systems. Coming in at the start of this process is great, something you can really get your teeth into. Your ideas are listened to and management are open minded to change where you can contribute to the wider business.

Colleagues are friendly, helpful and keen to share ideas.

Management are approachable and offer support and guidance where needed.

Lots of scope for professional development.

Company benefits are a real treat! "Eurxtras" is a great bolt on for additional savings on things you actually want / need!
Pros
Work/life balance, expanding company, retains a family feel, contribute ideas, listened to, taking things to the next level
Cons
As a company going through significant change, it can be a little frustrating in getting the “veterans” on board. However, you will find this with any company going through the same.
14 October 2019

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Our company is growing rapidly and we recognise the importance change management. Thank you once again.

Many Opportunities to Progress
Head Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Head Office3 January 2019
Eurocell is growing rapidly, and there are lots of positive changes happening throughout the business in terms of investment in staff and processes. The growth creates lots of opportunities, and there is plenty of scope to grow and progress due to the size of the group.

Good salaries and benefits packages are available for most roles, and everyone in the company gets free life insurance and high street discounts.

The pace of working may not suit everyone. Eurocell have gone from being a Ltd company to a Plc quite rapidly, and the change in pace and ways of working are necessary.
Pros
Great salaries and benefits, lots of opportunity to progress
Cons
The pace of working may not suit everyone
14 October 2019

I'm also delighted that you are aware of the career opportunities within Eurocell, and wish you a long and successful career here! Thank you once again.

Your life ends here !
Driver/counter sales (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria21 December 2018
Employed as a Driver/Counter sales in the Carlisle depot. Management give impossible targets and a Sales manager from planet mars tries to deliver. Contracted to 44 hours per week (salaried) But expect to work 50 to 55 hours a week ( Would suit a person who likes to work for nothing , charity experience would be a advantage). Work 8 till 5pm however in the busy times (January - December) expect to work till 7pm as the sales manager will require you to help the team out whilst he puts his feet up at home !
If you are considering a career with Eurocell (also known as Eurohell) first ask yourself - WHY then consider the Samaritains .
As they say - All together Bitter !
Pros
Small team and great colleagues
Cons
Long hours, Low Pay & End of your life as you know it.
14 October 2019

Worst Company I’ve ever worked for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 December 2018
Working for eurocell is soul destroying and demoralising, work here if you want to be depressed and loose the will to live. Pay is poor, holidays are the minimum without them breaking the law, give this place a wide birth
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, work Saturdays with no extra pay

Poor structure
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol26 November 2018
Poor company for progression.

Minimal training and support provided.

Poor company ethos and low morale throughout work force

Low staffed in locations meaning having to work 6 days a week.
not for the faint hearted
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 August 2018
In this job you are a manager by name only Eurocell promise the earth and fail to deliver.
Training is weak and your left to your own devices
ok if you don't mind missing breaks and like hard work for little reward.
Upper management need to provide more support to the staff
I wouldn't recommend this company
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
working every saturday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurocell. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7