Euro Garages Employee Reviews

Awful management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham vale21 January 2019
To say the manageress was useless is unfair. She can be used as a bad example on what not to do. Orders constantly wrong, low on high traffic items and way above on low.
There are 2 baristas there who think they run the place and push supervisors and the manageress around to their will.
I was pushed through training in a matter of weeks to suit holidays and then berated for not being to standard.
I always covered shifts to help my colleagues and even collected stock from other stores, all unappreciated.
To summarise they will stress you out and bully you giving you anxiety and make you think it's your fault. AVOID!!!
Pros
30% discount, 1 free grande drink per shift.
Cons
See above!
Horrible place to work!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cumbria21 January 2019
From the start i was not trained properly, made to do jobs i have no clue how to do. Left with manager that has no training. Asked to change my hours to help with a change at home and was told no, and unflexible people may be let go. No holiday time aloud was told i only have a few hours to take off and every company is the same (LIE)! JUST AVOID WORKING HERE AT ALL COSTS! I am leaving asap its not worth being called a supervisor! Its a playground!
Pros
Cons
No holidays, horrible jobs, worst team leaders and no job goals
Horrible company to work for
Nightshift customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton12 January 2019
Worked in Hamilton garage manager and assistant manager are just horrible to work for. Always giving out their jobs to staff so they can do nothing. Also no shift allowance and made pay for drive offs. Not worth working for.
Pros
Cons
Lazy managers. No shift allowance. Open door policy even at nights.
Terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire11 January 2019
Do not work for this terrible company! Especially in ellesmere port, the manager doesn't have a clue, comes to work high on drugs, smokes whilst in work and then rides his motorbike home! I worked the night shift alone and spotted they were infested with rats, I reported this to the manager and it took over a month to get sorted! You don't get extra pay for night shift! No company benefits! They keep you after your shift has ended! The list could go on!
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place
Fun working place
Parts Delivery Driver plus warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 January 2019
It was a good experience just Sum-Times long days with all the driving but was a good overall job everyone willing to help each other out friendly ppl to so overall good company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Reasonable hours
Work you to death, All round horrible place to be employed
Bakery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scotland30 December 2018
I worked for Eurogarages for around a year. They were to be opening a shop close by and this never appeared so sent me an hour and a half away travel to a shop elsewhere for six months having to leave the house at 3:30am to be there for sometimes a twelve hour shift and not getting home till 7pm to do the exact same thing the very next day! I witnessed down right laziness from managers, area managers and HR during this time. I was then told I would have to find my own way to this shop after the girl I was riding with moved shop or I would no longer have a job after giving the company no reason at all to sack me considering I had stuck with the company and worked my butt off for them for six months despite them failing to keep there promises. I ended up moving shop with my colleague to a slightly closer greggs only a hour away but still long gruelling shifts, lazy staff - if they even turned up, serious under-staffing issue and then just employ whoever walks in the door next because they are so desperate for people all the time! HR always wait until situations have gone too far to fix they have issues with disobedient staff and poor employees suffering from sickness and mental health problems because of there he’ll hole working conditions. This job has totally broken my mental and physical health and I would not wish it upon the worst of the world! The site managers generally are fairly good but lack the training to make a real good job of there shops due to a lack of interest from managers higher up.

100% DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Cons
Long hours, lazy staff, under staffed, under trained, little interest from higher positions, horrible working conditions, no job certainty
Stressful and poorly treated
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Midlands29 December 2018
The pay is okay if you are one of the lucky few who has £8-£8.50 an hour! The management will not care about your work life balance and are happy to ignore your requests for fewer hours (40-60 hours a week when you are contracted 30 hours) expect to be short staffed forever and the company to do nothing about it, they will expect you to lone work and cash up alone with no panic alarm or protection as if the other stores are open you will have no barrier between you and anyone entering. Health and safety will not exist and no fire safety checks are completed.

All that being said there are a few good people there I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers are usually kind and friendly! the job for team members is pretty good but as a supervisor, you will be under tremendous pressure and responsibility. But you will be treated as a resource and not as a human and you will constantly have to check your payslip to ensure you are paid correctly and given your holiday when you request it!
Pros
50% off if in Greggs, 25% at Burgerking, 20% at subway
Cons
Long hours, poor management, Stress
Incompetent company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumbria29 December 2018
I don't know why other managers are lying on here stating that this is the best place to work, that tells me they are either the owners or someone who is over paid to send fabricated and false statements, I found working for Euro being very under appreciated, Over worked understaffed underpaid, hrs cut, expected to work 12 hr shifts, no extras for Christmas yet they can have Eid off. People checking up on you all the time with audits every 3 months and god help you if you lose one void receipt! I hope they have shares in replanting trees for the amount of work you have to do. Nothing is ever good enough, they talk to you like they own you even ur area manager will be scared of them and won't speak up if you have a grievance against them. They will call you incompetent and a thief and using threatning tactics if you decide to leave the company modern day slavery at its best. Avoid at all cost..
Pros
Cons
Keep your bonus even after slugging ur guts out.
fun workplace
cashier assistant (Former Employee) –  FLEET, HAMPSHIRE, UK27 December 2018
had fun working here, managment was ok no benefits at all, very early start the most enjoyable part was my work colleagues the hardest part was getting told last minute i had to work.
Worst Management
cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City27 December 2018
The manager is crazy and you get treated like a dog with no respect. No extra pay for nightshifts
No management skills
Unorganised
8hour shift on your own

WORST COMPANY EVER
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Minimum wage (all roles but manager), no breaks (but taken from wage), late hours (later than closing time even if not stated on time sheet)
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside20 December 2018
Bad work/life balance.
Low wages, regardless of job title and responsiblities you earn minimum wage.
Tips divided by hours worked so the people with more money anyway get more tips.
You only get your rota 1 week at a time and so can't plan for anything.
Never get out on time even though you're rota says you finish as the shop closes you often spend 15-50 minutes finishing all of the tasks that can't be performed while the shop is open and I am told that these go unpaid eventually as they expect you to be able to finish on time even though they require several tasks to take place after closing.
Understaffed so any rush wastes LOTS of plastic in the form of gloves, jobs fail to get done because you're both making sandwiches and you fall behind.
They pay people differently based on age even though many of the younger staff do better jobs than I do.
Pros
free drinks and 50% off food
Cons
unpaid breaks even if not taken, bad work/life balance, no routine so unable to plan ahead for things, seemingly open every day but Christmas day.
AVOID!!!!! Overworked Underpaid
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands20 December 2018
A company that doesnt care about its employee's they give you minimal to no training to do the job expected of you, no support from anyone when you are new to the site.
Terrible management.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly15 December 2018
Don’t even bother, they change your shifts a couple of hours before, if you have something planned or booked when they first create the rota then they create a new one without asking what days and time you can do they will MAKE you go in even when you have things planned. They’d expect work to be first priority instead of family and friends. Don’t bother being a supervisor, it’s about 20p more than a team member and you have to work 1000x harder. Wish I never applied.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else
Breach of rights
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundee15 December 2018
You have to work an 8 hour shift in your own, you DO NOT get a break although they take money off you for a break. They do not pay you a higher rate for doing night shifts and often muck you about by keeping you after your shift has ended, stay well clear of this company.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, bad pay, forced to work shifts
My first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Hykeham, England, UK6 December 2018
a typical day at work was serving customers making sure the shelves have been stocked and cleaning the shelves inbetween customers. great team to work with.
Pros
Manager
Cons
good
accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  beehive5 December 2018
okay management
paid on time
understanding
nice environment
friendly co workers
Pros
everything
Cons
na
Horrible compy
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside29 November 2018
Avoid, unless your face fits. I worked at a petrol station for years then euro garages took over and push you out of a job to put their own in. Horrible avoid
Pros
Cons
Too many
Like a school playground not a workplace
CSA (Former Employee) –  Hexham28 November 2018
To be avoided, if your face fits - you're ok.
Managers have favourites and often will answer to the staff ( not the other way round).
Rotas changed without any consultation to suit those
that are in the clique.
Certain staff elevated to positions they are wholly unsuited for, but there you go if face fits and all!
Amazing company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire25 November 2018
World wide company, was offered to work aboard!! With travel fees and accommodation paid for! Great team! Great area manager! Would recommend this to anyone looking for a stable fun job.
Pros
Offered to work aboard
standard ticking over job
CSA (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 November 2018
for a part time job or a steady income working with eurogarages would tick all the boxes, however from personal experience the managers are not well trained in the respect that they do not know what to do if something outside of normal occurrence happened so this leaves them unable to tend to special needs from employee to employee. the companies HR is even more of a mission to deal with having to always chase them up for a simple letter or update etc.
Pros
easy job
Cons
management/structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Euro Garages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4