Euro Garages Employee Reviews

bad place to work
ooo (Former Employee) –  oooo14 November 2018
i used to work for eurogarage when i left they did not pay me i felt like a slave i would not recomend to work for them as they will not pay you they treated me badly
fun place to work, busy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire4 November 2018
I enjoyed working here. it was fun and I gained experience whilst I was there. management was ok. hardest part of the job was the long hours. I enjoyed it here
Wouldn't recommend!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom27 October 2018
To start off, the management is awful. I was given only 4 days of training. During my first shift, I wasn't trained at all. The week after; I was completely left to it. Had to run the whole kitchen myself and needed everything done before 21:00; I had started at 14:00. I had finally closed up at 23:00. Unfortunately you don't get paid for over time! Spoken down to & made to feel idiotic for not performing as advanced as they do or expected. I was asked to work independently on the upcoming Saturday to cover management.. (being one of the busiest days) & was then told that there would be no management to contact because they were both busy!

For someone who had no experience in working within a kitchen. I think I handled this situation well.
Pros
Free sub after shift & free drinks.
Cons
management & duration of training.
solid place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North West26 October 2018
typical retail/food based tasks. If you like customer service this is a great job. Good chance for promotion if you work hard and believe in commitment.
Clueless management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wa918 October 2018
Worked at this actual garage.
I was like working on a set of Holyoaks. So much drama, back stabbing, lying and employment law being broken that it was unbelievable.
Cons
My experience as a Starbucks Supervisor.
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire15 October 2018
Working for Euro Garage Starbucks you will get one free coffee a day and 30% off for food, but where the company lacks they will cut your working hours pretty much when ever they feel like it, some weeks you will have to work 7/9 days straight before even getting a day off or that's if you even get a day off...The hours at Starbucks are hit and miss some weeks you will have many hours but as soon as they hire new staff they will cut your hours.

Most staff normally the Baristas will call in sick pretty much most of the time so as a supervisor you would have to cover them without complaining otherwise your boss will cut your hours even more. Also as a supervisor if you become unwell hardly anyone will cover you, You will be made to come into work if you cannot find cover which was pretty much everytime I became unwell. So in my opinion is a disgusting rule made by euro garage considering you are working around other people and serving customers. Clearly euro garage do not care for their staff members.

It's hard work with very long stressful hours working bank holidays and weekends. Also bank holidays you will not get paid extra, I would only recommend this Job if your going for a supervisor role you actually enjoy working long shifts & you can deal with stress as well as dealing with nasty customers which you will get most of the time and bad management .

So if your heading into working Euro garage Starbucks
Good luck...your going to need it.
Pros
free Drinks, 30% off food.
Cons
Always have to cover for people, Management, No extra pay on bank holidays
Poor Human Resource Management
Petrol Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Shropshire15 October 2018
A typical day at work will include rude and sometimes abusive customers, feeling a lot of pressure and working with people who very often don't know what they are doing.

I have learned very few transferable skills, no courses have been offered in the year I have been there.

Management have no interest in their staff, only about numbers on spreadsheets. Area and Regional managers are sometimes not living on the same planet (have unrealistic expectations and out-of-touch views) and can be insulting (you are looked down upon)

The hardest part of the job is turning up and the most enjoyable part is going home, If you are looking for a job with some satisfaction then this is neither the job nor company for you
Do not wish this company on my worst enemy.
Manager (Current Employee) –  North West/North Wales7 October 2018
Horrid place to work. Absolutely no support from area management and above. No staff, working 13 hour days in a busy Subway on my own, 3-4 days in a row. Ask for help and get sarcastic responses. The company should re invest into staffing levels and be asking why staff are leaving when left vulnerable lone working til late on at night.
Pros
Cons
Lone working, lack of support, lack of staff
Garage is pretty bad. Management however is good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester2 October 2018
mentally demanding job, team really unhelpful and nasty. manager was lovely, throughly understanding aswell. worked night shifts alone, didn’t feel safe
Pros
nothing
Cons
tiring, boring and unenthusiastic
Do not work here!
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Locks Heath, Hampshire2 October 2018
Management are complete bullies.
In my 4 months of working there, I was told I was "shi*t" and "rubbish" at my job multiple times. Shouted at and sworn at more times I care to remember. The management spoke to each other about staff members in a different language.
Pay is shocking for the way you get treated.
If someone is off sick they take it out on you and force you to work extra hours.

Do not work here!!

If the franchiser saw what was happening in this store they would shut it down.
Pros
Free bacon nap now and again
Cons
Poor management, bullying in the work place, long hours with out break

Want to know more about Euro Garages?

Ask a question
Dont work here
Petrol station sales assistant cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 September 2018
If you like working like a dog for 9h with no breaks by all means work here. Terrible management little to no training your blaimed for everything stuff broke all the time after 3 months night shift I've had enough and I'm not scared of hard work worst job I've ever had.and now pumps saying people put petrol in car but nothing in there thanks down right robbing people they are if u have a drive of its took out of your wages boss takes hours of u when it suits them no cover when sick they don't care I've been payed wrong again this month £400 + short .no fringe water at all so you have to bring your own or buy from shop. Horrible place one of the staff had a heart attack from over worked.
Pros
Cons
alot
bearable
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  north wales21 September 2018
having a no contactless payment in place makes customers rude towards us. also explained to a medical worker that tesco clubcards are not available to key fuels card users resulted in my being called a thief and liar. i just explained that i tell the truth ( am nearly a pensioner) was an awful experience. been threatened by this customer that he will get me the sack. honesty is definitely NOT the best policy.
Pros
being the only welsh speaker working here makes many of my welsh regulars feel good and they return
Cons
very expensive fuel prices and being asked to pressure sell
Would of give less than one star if i could
Customer (Former Employee) –  Cockermouth, Cumbria14 September 2018
If you want to be abused by a manager then apply for Greggs. You will be bullied... picked on... made to feel rubbish about yourself. If you want to have no life at all apply. 13 hour shifts when she feels like putting you on. Changing your shifts mid way through. Don't do it!
Pros
Cons
Horrible manager
Horrible place to work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Jarrow31 August 2018
Management are aloud to bully staff and nothing gets done!
They can drop your hours in the flick of a light.
Management expect work to be your life.
Never get a full week end off.
Can only get 1 day off a week some times
Only get paid till the end of your shift even if you stay half an hour later to clean up, if it's not clean because you leave on time you get pulled in for a meeting.
Manager tells staff who they can and carnt talk to.
Doing management jobs and don't get a thanks
Pros
Nothing at all if you get bullied
Cons
HR aloud managers to bully staff and blackmaile them
Bad company lie about everything
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Wales28 August 2018
Always on call 24/7 knowning I have assistant manager who wouldn’t help out . No bonus no staff discount . Pass the audits still no bonus . Area manager and region manager don’t tell the truth . Nothing was never good . If family members go very ill . You been made out your shop floor should come first . No break times . No help . No a great place to work . Rather be in prison . No respect given .
Cons
Flexible, fun and good work place
Subway Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradford25 August 2018
I was brought to EuroGarages as a supervisor and all the staff I have worked with contributed to a good and strong team. Things get tough at busy lunch times but with good team work we always catch up and fulfil the daily duties we are supposed to.

There's so much more to this job than making sandwiches.
Pros
Quarterly bonus scheme, minimum living wage
Great people but mostly under staffed
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rhyl, Denbighshire13 August 2018
I’ve been with this EG now for a year. I love working for this company the staff are great, most of the managers are friendly a lot of people will be there to help you out if you need something. I’ve read a lot of reviews on here giving the company a bad name but from what I’ve experienced most of the staff are there to work hard and they all seem very genuine. At times we can be understaffed but we usually just knuckle down and get on with it! Wouldn’t completely cross off EG from your job search there are some good opportunities to be made that you might miss!
Pros
30% staff discount (at all sites) and free drink on shift
Cons
Understaffed at times
avoid at all cost
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  south wales7 August 2018
absolute joke of a company to work for, managers are inexperienced, area managers are just as bad. No breaks if you are ill and cannot go into work you are expected to find your own cover or you have to do the shift.
Do not work for EG
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands18 July 2018
EuroGarages are always looking for staff because they don’t treat the staff they have correctly. You always feel pressured and you can never do enough. Everyone is overworked and pushed to their limits. They always say things are going to change and they never do. There is never enough people allowed on shift due to crazy tight budgets. You rarely get your break. Many people in stores are on the sick due to stress from the job.
Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. It’s a very ‘clicky’ company to work for and if you are not in the ‘click’ you will be bullied out.
Pros
Made good friends
Cons
Not a great place to work
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyne and wear17 July 2018
First few months were fine, shifts were good then after a while customers got ridiculously rude and mean, had to go on sick for a few weeks and didn’t get paid, even with a sick note from my doctor. Contract was reduced in half with no warning, other members of staff are lazy and don’t like to work.
Treated like complete idiots by 90% of the customers. Shifts are ok, only around 4 hours, pay is nothing special just basic minimum wage.
Pros
50% discount on food, free hot drinks on shift
Cons
No sick pay, rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Euro Garages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4