Euro Garages Employee Reviews

terrible
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith, Cumbria15 June 2018
worked 3 onths long long hours never got paid and got told i was never registered with the company the manager then soon left but is now back ... avoid
Uttoxeter Starbucks
Barista (Former Employee) –  Uttoxeter, Staffordshire13 June 2018
If you want them to take £400 off you for training this is the place for you!

The worst job I have ever had! I was there for month and nearly had break down!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours! and the £400 training fee
nice workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stalybridge, Greater Manchester11 June 2018
working with euro garages gives you opportunity to learn new things and gain your experience with the customers and in any other work in daily bases. the hardest part of the job is to manage everything in short hours but if you working with nice staff then hours is just running, you have to be prepared on anything because there is different customers and you have to know how to deal with them not being rude because customer is always right that you have to bear in mind, work is nice if you got your skills and common sense
Pros
bonuses
Cons
long and short hours
Terrible company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire5 June 2018
Worked for eurogarages for nearly 12 months , out of the 7 jobs I have had this is far by the worst. Understaffed all the time constantly covering shifts at the drop of an hat, management team don’t care what so ever as long as there not doing the shift your not valued for what you do. No correct training is never given.
Pros
None!
Cons
None!
Horrible workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham29 May 2018
No teamwork, could tell who were the bosses favourite were, hours aren’t split even, poor hours, shifts weren’t evenly split, no breaks, not trained properly
Pros
Cons
Horrible boss, no team work
Lack of communication and support
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire28 May 2018
Terrible management a lack of support and communication. Terrible hours cancel days off at last minute.
Understaffed terrible pay considering how much you have to do each shift.
Poor equipment that's not up to to the job!!!

Pros good work colleagues on the shop floor
Occasionally good customers with good manners

Cons Poor Management too much paperwork understaffed and lack of support or communication from managers or upper management
Pros
good work colleagues on the shop floor Occasionally good customers with good manners
Cons
Poor Management, paperwork understaffed and lack of support or communication from managers or upper management
stressful
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rhondda Cynon Taff21 May 2018
Work alone no breaks,must deal with all problems,area manager is nasty piece of work don't phone her.you get min wages n no help from management.most staff are on antidepressants and close to suicide
Pros
Cons
no breaks, discount or bonus
Head office is a great place to work
HR (Current Employee) –  Head office11 May 2018
The Head office is a lovely place to work. Both CEO's are approachable and engage with staff. There are alot of opportunities to progress.

Work environment is very nice, modern offices.

Can only speak from experience, but management seem supportive.

Flexible working hours and you are not micro managed.

Im not sure what the cons are, every bad thing I can think of is something you can expect but are manageable such as no staff discount in stores, sometimes parking can be difficult (additional spaces have been acquired recently to help this).
Pros
Work environment is very nice, modern offices. Can only speak from experience, but management seem supportive.
Cons
no staff discount in stores, sometimes parking can be difficult
Needs to get a benefit scheme to match the competition
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Midlands29 April 2018
I loved working for the company i was a manager made the sales hit all targets. Was given the hours for more staff but nobody wanted to work..
These days its harder for staff retention as people expect more. Up the road moto who offer 70% discount to all staff member in every service station. It's a really easy fix. I've worked for numerous big brands and its a given.
Salaries need to be increased but progression is great.
1. Get more staff reduces stress creates better reviews.
2. Staff retention attraction... get a decent benefit scheme in place
3. Remove zero hr contracts with suitable one.
=really isn't difficult.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
No benefit scheme. Zero hr contracts
Terrible Fiasco all the way up!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale, Lancashire25 April 2018
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Management are incredibly petty and two faced
- Will happily dock hours just so the managers can get their bonus
- Will expect you to drop everything at the last second on days off
- If you have a serious accident at work, be prepared for their response to be, and I paraphrase an exact quote from an Area Manager: "We care more about the profits than the staff"
Pros
Free Lunch if your lucky to work over 6 hours
Cons
Ridiculous Expectations and Management
Awful company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire7 April 2018
I was a store manager for 3 years and this company was awful. Staff on minimum wage and zero hour contracts. They never do anything properly pure cowboy company. Law means nothing to them. No matter what level you get treated like dirt and will never get recognition. Stay well away. Cheap company who will do anything to make a few extra pence. All think they know everything and not just treat but even talk to you like dirt and that they’re the best who know everything.
Avoid!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hartlebury3 April 2018
The lack of communication between management and staff is appalling. Secret group chats between supervisors and management and then denying other staff access to information such as new store open dates. Complaints not dealt with by management. A real 'If your face fits' mentality. You will be over worked and underpaid with a terrible shift pattern.
Pros
One free hot drink a day
Cons
Unsociable hours, poor management
Enjoyable
Manager Subway (Current Employee) –  East Midlands27 March 2018
Enjoy my job,could for with more staff as one in the morning and onew in afternoon isn't enough, however I am supported well by my area manager and thus us a big help.
Pros
Am able to talk freely to my area manger.
Cons
Not always enough staff.
An utter shambels!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire25 March 2018
i wouldn't even give it one star at all!
horrid company to work for!
Little training given!
over worked an underpaid!
if you want to work long hours and have no social life AT ALL then this is the company for you!
8-15 hour shifts because the lack and turn over of staff!
no time for break's but you still get them taken from your wage!
disgusting!
wouldn't recommend it at all!
Pros
the people you meet!
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Staff
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire19 March 2018
I worked for starbucks as a barista the work hours are horrendous who needs a coffee at half 6 in the morning...if you have difficulties getting into work due to transport problems or unwell children you get slated, ignored and talked about. If you have health problems or if you have a disability you cant work here or so i was told. Management are shocking and are bullies even worse than the other staff notall but some are. No bonus or extra pay for sundays bank holiday still have to work nmw.
I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Free drinks and 30% off merch
Cons
Staff and pay
Great company
Multi Store manager (Current Employee) –  Wakefield13 March 2018
Great company to work for with a great bonus scheme in place.i would recommend eurogarages to anyone looking for a job. 😊😊😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😊😊😊
Unorganised work place !
Barista (Former Employee) –  Stonehouse, Gloucestershire5 March 2018
Took minimum part time hours at the Stonehouse branch ,as I had another job ,discussed this with management at interview and that was fine .Expected proper Barista training ,but was given the basics and expected to pick up things quickly even though I was only on a few shifts a week .Few nice staff members ,but few lazy back stabbing ones ,everyone moaning about each other ,disorganised mess and no structure ,manager off long term sick ,so was left with young ,inexperienced supervisors to run things .New manager employed ,things improved ,but then the bullying started ,I was outed out as she wanted all new staff which she fitted her ideal employee and myself who had worked hard to get on wasn’t good enough .She started bullying me and making me feel quite stressed ,so had to report her and leave ! Think she’s probably still there as nothing was done about it ! Starbucks/Eurogarages don’t give a monkey about their staff are like a factory line ,In and out ! Terrible pay !
If you don’t mind really long hours and no appreciation,get a job here !
Pros
Free drink per shift, some nice customers and few nice staff members
Cons
Too many to list (read above !)
The worst company I have ever worked for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  South Lanarkshire1 March 2018
Long hours, with endless people complaining about the fuel price and asking if it's the same everywhere else in Scotland. I have learned that the company only cares about how much money it can make with no shift allowance and no perks. Old manager was good, but now we don't even have a permanent one, just an assistant one from another site. Also get asked regularly if we can work at other sites if we are off
Pros
Cons
Long hours and rubbish treatment
Not a great place to work in.avoid!!!!!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull24 February 2018
Keep away from this petrol station.
Manager lazy and unprofessional/ bullying staff i ended up doing everyone else's jobs on my shift.
No breaks staff always ringing in sick and your expected to go in.
Pros
Cons
Horrible staff.
Oh my!
Barista Maestro (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 February 2018
Terrible place to work. Low staff morale. Always understaffed and constantly covering shifts. Management that doesn't care. Looks for any reason to pay you the least amount possible. Rarely get breaks. Quick and insufficient training. STEER CLEAR! Stress you do not need or desire.
Pros
Cons
It runs like a school playground.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Euro Garages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5