Estuary Housing Association Employee Reviews

Bank support worker
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Estuary bank3 May 2017
Once I arrive in work my day starts with getting the service users up and they are supported with personal care, after personal care is completed some of the service users are either hoisted to their wheelchair, and they are assisted to the lounge for breakfast where we assist with getting giving the service users breakfast, afterwards the same is done for lunch before writing out her daily diaries and notes before handing over to the next shift .
I have learnt to treat people in the best way possible like how you should be treated in the work place and you should treat yours work colleagues with respect., and also make sure everybody gets on in the workplace is most important. The manager of the care home is very nice and everybody in the home gets along with him.
The hardest part of my job is that it can get tiring but also your back can hurt a lot but I enjoy my job and I also like the interacting with the service users once I am on shift and you learn to care about the service users in your job.
The most I enjoy about my job is the interaction with the service users and trying to provide the best care possible which I love as you build up an bond with the service users.
Pros
Free dinner and. Breakfast
Cons
Weekends and long hours.
Great organisation to work for
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Southend on Sea21 April 2017
I worked at Estuary Housing Association for a number of years. Great central offices, friendly colleagues and excellent training opportunities. I only left because I moved away from the area.
a disgrace of a company
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex29 August 2016
After working for estuary housing association, I can honesty say, it's like a managment accult/mafia.
People at the top look after each other. Cover ups and deceit. Poor pay as a support worker, some good staff that are treated like rubbish. Never felt so ill in all my life. I thought the days of workhouses were over!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
As a care Provider awful.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southend27 June 2016
previous employee and would never recommend estuary Housing as a care provider, terrible care practices. care managers unprofessional and poor skills, no chance of outside people joining the company due to everyone being friends and offering roles to each other. Its only since joining Runwood Homes I've realised how bad Estuary housing was as an employer and care provider.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Enjoyable working environment
Apprentice Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea6 April 2016
My typical day at work here would vary in the instance of what task had more of a priority than others to complete on a daily basis, I thoroughly enjoyed working for smart, professional organisation by dressing smart also

The more tasks that I carried out with the help of other colleagues the more understanding I gained from doing so then I could carry out the task independently
Poor care provider.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southend, ENG7 October 2015
Some co workers can be pleasent to work with, Salary is very poor as a care worker and care managers at southend office have no interest in being a good care provider. would never use these as a care provider.

No enjoyable part of the job.