Estuary Housing Association

Estuary Housing Association Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
I was employed on a temporary basis where i worked as part of a friendly helpful team entering data information for the electrical department. The company was professional in the implementation of both their HR systems and working ethics
The best part of the job is working with the service users, the worst is an uncaring senior management team. The work is hard but there are some really good carers.
Pros
Staff training
Cons
Senior management
Worked for this company for just under a year, nepotism at its finest. Jobs for family members only. Was employed as Something that never transpired. Basically I was a cleaner, covering jobs that the bullied staff members could not do because of the terrible attitude of “the management “ they would go off sick. I have worked for some bad companies in my time but this is beyond bad.
I've worked at Estuary for a few months on a fixed-term contract. I enjoy the department that I work in, there are a great mix of people and everyone is supportive. The supervisors are switched on and have a good oversight, they assist with managing workloads and are approachable, friendly and professional. Due to the nature of the work it can be difficult at times in dealing with the public but the overriding impression of staff throughout the organisation is one of professionalism and dedication to their roles and to the values of the organisation. It's a true testament to the fact that many staff have been with the company for over ten years and many years more in a lot of cases. This is a good place to work, plenty of opportunities for training should you require it, respectful and helpful colleagues and supportive management.
Pros
Good salary, comfortable and friendly working environment.
Cons
Can be difficult dealing with some members of the public at times.
Once I arrive in work my day starts with getting the service users up and they are supported with personal care, after personal care is completed some of the service users are either hoisted to their wheelchair, and they are assisted to the lounge for breakfast where we assist with getting giving the service users breakfast, afterwards the same is done for lunch before writing out her daily diaries and notes before handing over to the next shift .
I have learnt to treat people in the best way possible like how you should be treated in the work place and you should treat yours work colleagues with respect., and also make sure everybody gets on in the workplace is most important. The manager of the care home is very nice and everybody in the home gets along with him.

The hardest part of my job is that it can get tiring but also your back can hurt a lot but I enjoy my job and I also like the interacting with the service users once I am on shift and you learn to care about the service users in your job.

The most I enjoy about my job is the interaction with the service users and trying to provide the best care possible which I love as you build up an bond with the service users.
Pros
Free dinner and. Breakfast
Cons
Weekends and long hours.
I worked at Estuary Housing Association for a number of years. Great central offices, friendly colleagues and excellent training opportunities. I only left because I moved away from the area.
My opinion for all my working environment I would need to know the reason why before continuing this application. So someone needs to contact me prior to me waffling on
After working for estuary housing association, I can honesty say, it's like a managment accult/mafia.
People at the top look after each other. Cover ups and deceit. Poor pay as a support worker, some good staff that are treated like rubbish. Never felt so ill in all my life. I thought the days of workhouses were over!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
previous employee and would never recommend estuary Housing as a care provider, terrible care practices. care managers unprofessional and poor skills, no chance of outside people joining the company due to everyone being friends and offering roles to each other. Its only since joining Runwood Homes I've realised how bad Estuary housing was as an employer and care provider.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
My typical day at work here would vary in the instance of what task had more of a priority than others to complete on a daily basis, I thoroughly enjoyed working for smart, professional organisation by dressing smart also

The more tasks that I carried out with the help of other colleagues the more understanding I gained from doing so then I could carry out the task independently
Some co workers can be pleasent to work with, Salary is very poor as a care worker and care managers at southend office have no interest in being a good care provider. would never use these as a care provider.

No enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estuary Housing Association. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9