Esterline Employee Reviews

Productive but not a place if your looking to progress in your career
Design & Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stillington, North Yorkshire11 July 2018
Good company to work for, staff friendly and helpful and polite and a constant rate of work available.

On the other hand management do not take an interest in those they supervise. Very narrow and small minded no looking forward to future development activities. Once a contract is lost they take it as a slight and do not fight for the work and expect customers to come to them rather than them contacting customers constantly.
Pros
Over time paid
Cons
Very poor managment
Purchasing Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire28 February 2018
Good training Programme, Nice environment, Nice people, Alot of support from everyone, Purchasing roll and was given the opportunity to progress in the company
Pros
Local
Brilliant work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, North Yorkshire29 January 2018
Very friendly and welcoming and put me at ease as this was my first works experience whilst at school. They were always went out of their way to show me how to the work they set out for me.
CAD/CAM Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gloucester8 January 2018
Work on CAD models all day, changing designs for press tools. Training provided on relevant software. The workplace was a good environment with members of the Engineering Team happy to help.
Excellent in every way.
Advanced Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Middle Wallop2 November 2017
I learned so much from my time with Esterline, my day to day jobs involved making world leading products in the air-born countermeasures field to help protect lives on a daily basis.
good wages, easy work, bad managment
Sheet Metal Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham4 August 2017
poor management at its best. good wages. not much skill involved in job in main factories. Treated poorly, no bonus, no 'thank you's' no rewards. managers do not have an idea.
Amazing Company
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire13 June 2017
I have nothing but the greatest of respect for the management and my fellow work colleagues. I was always treated as a valued member of the team. I've done 2 contracts with this company and would return for another anytime.
Pros
very respecful people, always willing to listen and be understanding
Good people
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Middle Wallop, Hampshire28 March 2017
Had a good time working here met some truely great people. The work was okay but a lot of kit which was hard in summer months. Good benefits and treated okay.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hot kit fast pace
Good hours/plenty of overtime
Semi skilled (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees27 March 2016
Darchem engineering good working hours early finish Friday easy job times bad points poorly managed lots of favouritism things aren't ran fairly no job security when you are a temp
Pros
Early finish friday
Cons
Just about everything else
good/dissapointment
pyro technician (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, ENG28 November 2015
met some great people, PPE wasnt great especially in the summer,no where near enough experienced staff in the management department
An excellent company focused on customer care. Highly skilled in precision engineering.
Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, ENG1 November 2015
Each day carried fresh challenges, which I found to be extremely stimulating. As a part of my learning process I discovered that many people are concerned about the impact of legal requirements and obligations on the Company without fully understanding how those obligations could effect the perception, rights, duties and performance of the organisation. Management relied heavily on a person who was solidly capable of supporting, advising and protecting the Company in a confident and assured manner. They were pleased to have an in-house Legal Counsel who could relieve those concerns and enable them to continue with the management of the goals of the organisation.

The people in the organisation were not only responsive to the ideas of Legal Counsel but embraced them in their working lives with confidence and re-assurance. There was therefore no major difficulty in persuading them that the guidance and advice that they received was delivered on the basis of knowledge and experience. The hardest part of the job was in dealing with the subsequent increase in volume of work that arose following the first month of my introduction to the Company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of the work and the knowledge that my contribution was being appreciated and advice acted upon.
Pros
1) the extent of the work, 2) the variety of the work, 3) working with talented colleagues, 4) the work environment, 5) the facilities within the Company, 6) working for a Company that was professional.
Cons
1) increasing work load, 2) get the Sales department to protect the business, 3) lack of relationship with Customer Legal Counsel.
Esterline (wallop defence systems)
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Andover, ENG26 October 2015
Wallop defence systems could be a great place to work, but with bad management and bad employee attitude this company does not make a profit.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad management
great set of workman very friendly and helpfull
darchem engineeringSheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Stillington, ENG24 March 2015
a typical day at work would be to make sure parts where cut, drilled & cleaned within the allowed time. I learned how to use certain tools required to use on certain parts. the management of the place was very poor from team leaders, management directors and even the managing director a lot of bully from senior management and the managing director. my co workers are very helpful and always went out of their way to help others even when management didn't allow it. the hardest part of the job is trying to complete your job task within the impossible time allocated. the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere between co workers. the entire place is poorly run poor shop floor morale and very bad management make it a hard place to work.
Pros
good hours & plenty of overtime
Cons
very poor management and lots of favoratism
good company to work for
welder (Former Employee) –  stockton on tees16 March 2015
i did a lot of down hand TIG. good working hours. enjoyed work for them. met a lot of fun poeple there. spent a lot of time with the apprentices there and learned a lot of them.
Pros
good working hours
its a job
Quality Investigator - MRO / Failure Investigation (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, ENG7 January 2015
its is a good company to work for, but as with a lot of company's, its run by people who have been there for so long they cant see where they are going wrong. I would work here any time as I know how it all runs but it can be a depressing place
Clean & Interesting place to work.
Sheet metal worker (Current Employee) –  Stillington stockton on tees9 December 2014
A typical day at Darchem starts at 7.30 you get your traveller/job card log on to the computer that logs your times. Then you start working on your component that you are manufacturing.

I find the managers & cell leaders a bunch of chancers who only see figures on the computer screen & don't understand what goes into building the actual jobs.

Ive learned a lot during my time at Darchem. Ive learned to work in a team & on my own initiative. Communicate with customers whilst on site & many new techniques to help me produce aerospace components.

The people on the shop floor I work with are a great set of people who are always willing to help out if you are stuck.

The hardest part of my job is the strict quality control that is in place & trying to achieve the required tolerances & working with the management who do their utmost to make life on shop floor as hard as possible.

The most interesting part of the job is making quality parts that get fitted to aircraft.
Good Workplace
Semi Skilled Worker (Former Employee) –  Stillington, ENG4 December 2014
Darchem was a very good place to work in the short time I was there, people and management were all nice people and very helpful. I enjoyed the wide range of work given to us as it varied from day to day thus keeping it interesting each day. Unfortunately I was only a temp so job security was low for me.
Excellent développement
Technicien D'Usinage à SOURIAU Champagné (Former Employee) –  A42 September 2014
Ce travail m'a permis de développer mes connaissances, le tout dans une bonne ambiance de travail et avec un bon salaire.
Pros
Salaires, expérience
Cons
horaires équipe
Stuck in the stone age
Metal Worker / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  teesside13 August 2014
I have been at Darchem several years and am now trying to move forward and progress, however this is near impossible with this company. I am currently leading a team of up to 20 operators but i am not getting paid to be in charge. i really feel this company is simply trying to get something for nothing out of me.
Pros
Half day fridays
Cons
Everything else
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow16 June 2014
Excellent place to work. Progression within is a certainly if not they wont keep you. Possibly no future. ....
Pros
Loads