Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Found 185 reviews matching the search See all 1,550 reviews
Unfair management, no perks to the job
Make up Artist (Former Employee) –  Surrey3 February 2019
After 2 and a half years at MAC I can honestly say I would NEVER recommend someone to work for them. no perks, not valued and extremely under paid for the amount of work you do! Too many other brands out there now. They have turned into Benefit, just making their staff pushy sales people. Unfair management on every level possible.
Pros
Cons
Under paid over worked
hard working job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  segensworth, fareham2 February 2019
a typical day at work was doing online shopping orders and all day everyday and occasionally i went over the other side to do packing if they needed extra help. the workplace was a warehouse team was great but your basically working on your own the hardest thing is being in steal cap boots and on your feet all day long and with one break
Pros
lunch was cheap
Cons
fun workplace and amazing company
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire29 January 2019
My confidence grew with the company they always strive for you to do your best. I had an a amazing manager who would always help and listen to me. I really enjoyed going into work as I loved the products I worked with and showing people how great they are.
Pros
amazing training
A great name to work for
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent29 January 2019
An exciting heritage brand to work for.
A wide product knowledge is needed across all three areas of the company. Working with Make Up, Skincare and Fragrance- Estee Lauder is a triple threat company!
Foundation colour matching across 61 shades
Skin care demonstrations on counter
Traffic stopping to recruit new customers
Pros
Earning commission on top of wages
Cons
Working to short time frame rotas
Great Company to work for
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 January 2019
Over 20 years with this company they were great to work for
look after their staff and are very hot on personal development
so lots of opportunity to grow and develop
great perks
great people
You can go as far as you want if you want
Pros
great discounts, incentives and recognition
Cons
can be long hours you must be commited
Terrible workplace
Packer/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warsash, Hampshire24 January 2019
minimal training, management are rude and the employment agency that took us on couldn't answer barely any of our questions (not to mention when you do need an Actual member of staff they are nowhere to be found...)

only good as pocket money for Christmas. not worth it as a full time position.
Productive and Friendly
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fitzrovia11 January 2019
The Press Office Internship at Clinique has provided me with extensive knowledge about the PR tactics considered within the Beauty Industry. I learned how much the Influencer industry has grown and how relevant it is today in the beauty industry.
The people at Clinique were very friendly and keen on providing me with hands-on experience.
Pros
Expenses covered
Cons
sometimes miscommunication
productive and busy working environment
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford Circus10 January 2019
My day can start with meetings and appraisals AM,to screening interviews PM.

My learning experience has been managing people.

I would consider myself as a firm but fair manager.

I enjoy being challenged and not afraid to be thrown in the deep end.

To see my team progress to where I am or where they want to be.
Pros
33 days holiday a year
Cons
no cons
Do not work here!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 January 2019
I worked for this company for 7 years. At first it was very good, but it has gone down hill very rapidly. The management are too young and inexperienced in the position to deal with and get the best out of the staff. They will offer you no support and they will favour the employees that are in their clique.

Getting the holiday dates you want is also Newley impossible unless you are a close friend of a manager.

Communication is terrible, people go in to work only to find that the rota has been changed at the last minute, with no attempt to contact you about it.

There are no rewards or even gratitude for hitting the targets that are constantly forced on you.

You will find yourself constantly stressed by the pushy nature of management to hit targets.

If you have a genuine greivence and follow the grievance proceedure, very little will be done about it.

If you miss the enviroment and bitchiness of the school playground then might enjoy working here.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor working
Great company ethos
Global Haircare Specialist AVEDA (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2019
The company has a genuine ethos to the environment and to people. Always feeling a part of a global team and continuous encouragement to do more of what you enjoy.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Good
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lauder4 January 2019
Lovely job and the average day is lovely.
Management are very difficult to work with and are untrustworthy.
Benefits of the job, including pay rises, discount are brilliant.
Training in London is always a fun day and you get treated very well!
Pros
Discount
Institutionally racist company
London Oxford Street (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 December 2018
Long working hours with very low pay!! Your treated like a number and expected to accept abuse from customers. Very low pay . Also any racial undertones were always present but never dealt with. Promised rewards but never recieved them. Horrible company to work for.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Racist management and hr. Not diverse at all
not well structured
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire30 November 2018
Temporary agency staff mixed with long term staff, meaning training was difficult when the people would change everyday, things weren't organised. No room for progression or promotions.
Pros
paid overtime, cooked breakfasts
Cons
no progression
No care for staff/Hygiene
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire3 October 2018
Very rude environment, every morning (after being on my day off) the counters are never cleaned by a member of staff the day before. You have 3 sick days off in the entire year before you are pulled in for a probationary meeting, whether you have a doctors note or not. If you are ill/ have a bug you are required to continue to work and potentially infecting customers. Higher staff will take the mick, exceeding the ALLOWED breaks and disappear to do “Paperwork” in the staff room leaving the shop floor unattended. I was pushed into finding another job due to my mental illness not being “suitable” for that work environment. Other workers that have been there for a while, get away with anything they wish. Management is very poor and because it’s such a close community they all stick up for one another. Holidays can be a nightmare to arrange. I’m not even sure HR are aware of what goes on behind closed doors.
Pros
Good Pay and Commission
Cons
Disrespectful or staff and no concern for hygiene
Amazing company to work for!
Clinique - Accredited Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent2 October 2018
Estee Lauder is an outstanding company to work for. They take pride in their employees making them feel a part of ethical company to work for. Benefits are great and the training is exceptional.
Good experience
Beauty advisor/ makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Wilmslow, Cheshire19 September 2018
Good brand to work for as they own most popular brands so really good discount on all of them but can be quite unorganised head office and management. Pressure to hit targets and kpis so my advice to get into a busy store will be more enjoyable and make your commission on top of wage. You must be a people person for all types of customer
Pros
Good discount on loads of brands
Cons
Retail hours very unsociable and brand can be very unorganised
Good to start with but went downhill
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  Titchfield17 September 2018
It was an OK place to work to begin with and you get a large mixture of people of all ages to work with. The work is easy to learn and while there are official targets to reach, this is realistic and easily achievable for even the less mobile people.

Unfortunately, a lot of changes occurred with management and there was a culture of people being offered work based on who they liked best rather than the people who are best at their jobs. The people the agency laid off was very erratic and sometimes they got rid of the good people and kept others who were subpar. As a result, there was a culture of always being unsure whether we'd be offered work the following week and no-one speaking up about bad practices in fear of not being offered any more work. Also, the company was very disorganised and many customers were given damaged products or boxes with the wrong items or missing items in.

Health and safety was very lax and I ended up refusing work in the end due to having to spray cologne inside certain boxes when packing and with no adequate ventilation which resulted in us breathing an atmosphere of cologne all day which made me feel ill. I spoke up twice about this to management and was met with apathy and with the feeling that I was asking too much. No-one else spoke up but at the end of the day, I put my health before my job.

Both the agency and company were very opaque and kept us in the dark about our job-security. As a result, there were a lot of rumours spreading about about the direction the company was heading and it was really hard to know what was true and
  more... what was not.  less
Pros
Better salary than a lot of similar roles in other places, free transport to work and back, not overworked, tolerant environment.
Cons
Clueless management, apathy towards health and safety, no guaranteed hours, very opaque and passive communication style, staff offered hours based on their face-fitting rather than ability, no career advancement.
Great work place
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 September 2018
I enjoyed making full use of my customer service face to face skills.
Striving to hit sales.
Working to deadlines
Replenishing stock
Taking cash and card payments
Advising on make up and skin care
Applying of make up
Pros
Great Team
Good working environment
PMO Lead EMEA/UK/TR (Former Employee) –  Lauder4 September 2018
Long days, lots of interactions with many countries. good management, Great teams. Very positive culture, Brand pride at all levels. Lots of opportunity to develop and learn
Lovely place to work
Aramis account manager / Boots (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen22 August 2018
I loved going for trainings, and meet everyone. Good feeling to be a part of a great team.
I loved busy time and serving regular customers.
We had so much fun.
Working with competitors it is not easy, but I have learned how I can make the most of this experience.
I loved to do small events, using creativity to let people know about a new product. I loved christmas time.
There were issues with deliveries and that's made some hard moment.
However there are always materials to work with.
People are very helpful and even when there are a lot of pressure on us, we were keep up positivity.
Pros
nice gifts, and samples, staff shop
Cons
long hours standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.