Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
Don’t work here
If you are thinking of working here don’t unless you are desperate. General staff are ok but management is useless no support & basically ignore you or are bullies. Very stuffy atmosphere if you are new staff you don’t get to do much & are left to your own devices with regards to computers & such like. The ward I worked on nobody used the gym all the patients were too ill or obese to bother. Sorry if this all sounds harsh but do you want the truth or not. The only plus side was the interaction with the patients and mostly they were welcoming & ok. Don’t go here if you want to get experience with psychology as you will get no where. You have been warned!
Pros
Interaction with patients
Cons
Management are bullies & awful
Good
Working there has given me a good insight and good overall experience of healthcare, working as a mental health nurse within this Trust it has given me great confidence.
Management are bullies
Terrible place to work, no support from management, just a bunch of bullies who pushes anyone out that stands up to them. I would strong advise against working there.
Caring organisation
Despite negative news on NHS regularly, working with this organisation put me in contact with a lot of people who really care about those who require care . The staffing levels and workload is an issue but I had access to training and improvement of my skills
Lack of respect for bank staff
Bank support staff are treated appallingly. There is the general presumption that if you are bank that you are clueless but I was more qualified than many of the permanent staff. I was trained to associate practitioner level but not encouraged to use my skills and knowledge. I was bullied for phoning in sick and ignored by management when I reported this.
Workplace
Nor a good place to work If you want to work for a company who treats like rubbish then work here this place made me ill with the constant bullying and victimisation
Bullying culture in prominent
Bullying within this trust is rife and there is no support for the people who are being victimised. If you complain to management you will loose your job.
Interesting and fun
I have been working for EPUT since 2000. During that time I have met many interesting people, both patients and staff, and I have learned so much. EPUT have accommodated my studying by allowing me to reduce my working hours but work extra when I need to. My job is busy and often quite stressful, but the day passes quickly. My colleagues are very supportive and have an amazing sense of humour.
Pros
Meeting amazing people
Cons
No Christmas bonus!
Extremely not a good team
Very poor management and can be sacked at anytime.

unexperience manager and very subjective

No diversity within the trust apart from Brockfield house and would not recommend people of colour to work there
Lack of support and moral
Since the merger with North Essex there has been a lack of support noted. Staff leaving every day. Lack of compassion. Being made to skip lunches. Patient safety is poor at times.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Lack of support and progression with career
Excellent organisation-patient and employee focussed
Excellent organisation-patient and employee focussed. values that I identify with-Open Empowering Compassionate.
Leadership team supported to innovate and push boundaries whilst never losing sight of vision to improve lives
Pros
learning organisation
Cons
tough to maintain work life balance
Flexible and supportive employer
Flexible and supportive employer. Very varied workload with interesting projects with lots of variety. Very focused workplace culture and dynamic team environment.
busy, mentally engaging
The workplace is a fun and busy environment to work in. A typical day is interactive with many activities to engage the patients in such as pool, gym sessions, table tennis and walks in the garden area and perimeter of unit as well as escorting patients into the community for the purpose rehabilitation. It can also be busy, with meetings to coordinate for patients, as well as signing patients in and off the ward for the purpose of attending off-ward group sessions and accessing community leaves. The busyness of the day may also be increased by attending to psychiatric emergencies on and off the ward in the hospital unit. This requires implementing special techniques in order to restrain patients who are posing risks either to themselves or to others. The management is generally robust, reasonable and fair in the treatment of the staff. The workplace is diverse with a mixture of both male and female staff, who generally work well with one another in promoting the general welfare of each patient and the safety each other. The most challenging part of the job is carrying out restraint techniques on physically aggressive patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do recreational activities with patients.
Pros
Free gym for staff
Decent place to work
Nice team, not so much support from management. Not much to move up to but good experience & flexibility. Stress-free job. Lack of communication also and clear disorganisation.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Disorganised
Productive and Fun workplace
Overall experience has been pleasant and have gained many skills throughout time at Eput. Worked with a lovely team and was made welcome from day one .
Pros
Home work