Essex Cares Employee Reviews

A company that cares
CCA (Current Employee) –  Benfleet, Essex28 June 2018
I have been working for ECL for about 13 weeks and I have found that it is a care company that cares about their staff and clients.
I have found the Managers, admin staff and also the teams you work with have all been very supportive.
You receive plenty of training to assist you with the day to day situations that you may encounter. There is always someone at the end of the phone if you need any advice.
This was a complete career change for me and I cannot praise the teams I work with for their support in making this change worthwhile. I enjoy that no two days are the same, and you are constantly learning new things.
This job is very rewarding and it is made easier with the support from Managers, office staff and colleagues.
The hardest part of the job is when you have to say goodbye to clients, however the nice part of this is that you know you have been a part of there recovery.
Pros
Flexibility/Staff/Support
Lovely Company that Cares about employees and Customers
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Benfleet12 April 2018
I have been with ECL for about eight months, in this time I so enjoyed working for them, Lots of training and team work, I enjoy my job so much, I meet lots of different people, through training I have learned how to deal with different situation, All our work comes through a device called a CACI so we know where we will be working, we travel to different parts of Essex,
I also love the fact that we are not just a number, they care about us as well as our customers, The office staff work really hard and the managers and line managers are there to help us, you can go as far in the company as you want to. I feel so proud to work for ECL , I can not praise ECL enough, I get up in the morning and look forward to starting my day, thank you ECL
Pros
Pension/Holidays/Health Care
Good company to work for
Office based (Current Employee) –  Essex17 April 2018
I have been working with ECL for over 8 years now. I initially started as an apprentice and secured a substantive post as a progression worker. Then into post as a CCA, after working so many years within a CCA position I decided I would like to take the next step within my career and I for the last 2 years have been office based. Have felt a great security within my time with ECL and have found the benefits of the role to be good. Great job satisfaction and always an opportunity to progress
Pros
Progression/Benefits/Team
A very Professional and Satisfying, Rewarding place to Work
Community Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex26 June 2018
I have been working for ECL for 5 weeks and am particularly impressed with investment on training for their staff and the support from our Line Managers & Admin staff who are always available and pleased to help on any issues. A typical day at work is very varied and I have the opportunity to apply all the skills I was taught in our training which was really motivating.
Pros
Training, Management Support, Organisation
Bullying a huge problem!!!
CCA (Former Employee) –  West Essex3 July 2018
Generally a good company to work for, but there is a clique of line managers with an area manager as the ring leader that think it is ok to pick on & bully younger staff so much that they feel they are left with no option but to leave. Totally unacceptable & disgraceful behaviour from senior staff that are supposed to be role models!!! If the staff have the audacity to complain about the bullying & victimisation their life is made even harder, funny but this is only young staff that are treated this way and taken advantage of. This bullying has been reported by several staff but it all gets swept under the carpet so that they are free to carry on with their next victim.
Do not work here!! Avoid like the plague!!
Pros
Some nice colleagues
Cons
Bullying, do not make reasonable adjustments for staff with disabilities
Unsupportive organization
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Essex27 March 2018
Lack of support from management.
Old fashioned ideals with regards to team work.
High turnover of staff which company are not bothered by or prepared to address reasons
Pros
Healthcare package if you last 3 months
Cons
Long hours outside of contracted shifts
CCA (Current Employee) –  Essex28 June 2018
ECL is so far a great place to work.
I have only been with the company a short while and unable to rate fully, but within this time I have had a really great experience. The team that I have been working with have been extremely helpful, kind with their time and knowledge and very approachable. I have had very good training so far with once again knowledgable and approachable trainers. So far my experience has been very good and looking forward to working with ECL.
Pros
Fantastic Team
Cons
Time to complete learning
Promising opportunities and friendly environment
Management (Current Employee) –  Essex9 April 2018
So far, so good!

Great friendly atmosphere. Supportive colleagues and management. A company that is definitely moving in the right direction! Happy to be part of a growing organisation, valuing it's staff!

Like any job; you have your good days and your bad days!
Pros
Flexibilty. Support, Opportunities
Cons
Not found any yet
Poor management
Office based (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex2 April 2018
Poor management with no idea how to manage people.
Awful HR department with no idea of what they are doing.
A company that cares about nothing apart from making money and if your face doesn’t fit then you’re out.
Pros
Zero
Cons
All of the below-Avoid!
Very little job security
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Essex8 November 2017
Constantly going through consultation and people worried about losing their jobs.Mid management clicky and unhelpful. Very little support. Long hours expected for no reward.
Pros
health cash plan, good holidays and sickness
Cons
long hours, unorganised
Ecl
Community Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benfleet, Essex3 July 2018
Only been working with ECL for a short time but it is a great company to work for I enjoy the work . All the staff and managers are very nice and friendly
Varied, interactive and sense of achievement working with LD
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden, ENG12 August 2015
Greeting customers in the morning and assisting them to their chosen groups. Running a craft, computer or radio group, sometimes going out into the community. Supporting emotional and physical needs where required. Wonderful team of co-workers who were always supportive and great fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the company re-structure taking away staffing and facilities, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and looking forward to seeing their individual achievements and knowing that I had helped towards that process.
Pros
Convenient working hours and location. Work I thoroughly enjoyed.
Cons
Change of contract, management and working conditions.
Has improved a great deal
CCA (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford2 July 2016
Some of these negative reviews are quite old and Essex Cares now feels like a different place to work.
Colleagues are supportive and managers do listen to staff views to make the service better
Just starting the staff forum so that should be good. Training is also good - felt ready for the work.
I get healthcare cash plan meaning my kids and I get free dental and eye care and also if we need X-ray/MRI we can have privately. I have heard expect bonus if performance is good and benefits package is also on the way,
I like the job and intend to stay as good prospects
Pros
mileage paid, healthcare cash plan, decent rates and paid holiday
Cons
sometimes have to do long shift but get paid so ok
review
Senior Training and Employment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, ENG9 February 2015
The day consists of profiling clients with learning disabilities and mental health issues, creating CV's, searching for suitable job opportunities, negotiating with employers and building networks,

I learned a great deal about diversity and how no matter how hard things seem there is always hope of improving your life.

Unfortunately the reorganization is going through another restructure and this has had an impact on some of the management and how it functions.

My co-workers were very committed and professional on the whole and most are a genuine pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of my role is trying to match clients to jobs and then encouraging employers to firstly give them an chance to prove themselves but also to get them to make adjustments to facilitate the clients specific needs.

I managed to secure employment for many clients and to see the change which getting a paid job often for the first time makes to them is by far the most satifying and rewarding part of the job.
Avoid
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex3 March 2017
No support from senior management, or line management. In fact they are just winging it and don't have a clue. Staff team were great and supportive but we were given no supply of resources or equipment to support customers. Never have health and safety equipment such as hand towels.disgrace. Staff team were stressed . This company depends on staff charity to support customers
Pros
The customers
Cons
No admin time or resources needed
One of the worst places I have ever worked.
Regaining Independance Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex14 January 2016
Staff are treated like a number and not a human being.
You are expected to go out at all hours covering all areas.
There is very little support from management of all levels.
It was not an enjoyable atmosphere when you had to go into the office.
Everyone was trying to out do each other.

A very bad working experience that I would not want to repeat.
Pros
Good Money, Good rate of travel and you get paid travel time.
Cons
You are expected to work all hours, all areas, and not have a home life.
Strangled by bureaucracy, lack of resources and red tape
Training & Employment Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, ENG8 January 2016
More worried about Red Tape and budgets than the people they are supposed to 'care' for. Employment contracts are torn up and rewritten with reduced pay and harsher terms - You're told either sign it or leave. Sickness rates through stress are very high and 'investigations' against staff are launched enthusiastically on the flimsiest of evidence. Massively in debt the company seems to be hanging on by its fingernails!!
Pros
Non I can think of
Only Robots need apply
Training & Employment Support Worker (Former Employee) –  essex4 July 2015
Worked as a Support Worker for a while and expected 'Essex Cares' to be a good company, I left after 7 months, wasn't as friendly and supportive as expected. Very poor IT software and systems. Ways of working are extremely frustrating and lack common sense! Most staff seemed demoralised and unhappy (through no fault of their own) !! One of those places where Friday can't come quick enough and payday is a let down!
Pros
met some lovely people (staff and customers)
Cons
logistical disaster waiting to happen! very badly managed!
Great company, caring and committed staff
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford24 June 2016
After a difficult time, Essex Cares has really turned things around. New senior managers have been appointed and there is a sense of pride and determination from the staff who work well as part of a team who really want to make a difference to the lives of others. I have worked for ECL for just under a year and am impressed with the commitment and hard work from all the staff.
Pros
best pay rates, mileage and annual leave
Valued service with friendly staff
Assessment & Review Lead (Former Employee) –  Benfleet22 April 2016
Nice place to work. Staff extremely friendly and helpful and good manager.
Learned how to complete reviews of people on reablement, in a friendly professional manner. Hardest part of job informing people they may have to source and fund their own care. Most enjoyable part, meeting all sorts of people from all walks of life.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Wear and tear on car