Essex & Suffolk Water Employee Reviews

Bullying in the workplace
Leakage Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanningfield23 October 2019
This company is full of bullying management, the worst company I've ever worked for.. shocking management with no backbone.. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Was ok
Operative worker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk24 August 2019
Was ok, was bit click at times but all in all not a bad place to work, good company perks, good progression routes, managers could be slightly better though and not have favourites.
Planning
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex5 February 2019
Wonderful company to work for, very understanding and supportive. Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers internal and external, I enjoyed going into work and working with supportive and loyal colleagues.
Pros
free parking
8 March 2019

Thanks for the review of your time working with us here at Essex & Suffolk Water, part of the Northumbrian Water Group.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and we wish you all the best for your future career.

See you next Tuesday!
Meter reader (Former Employee) –  Hanningfield1 January 2019
Where to begin, the team was good but treated with contempt, management was a typical clique or should l say more of a cartel, awful place to work, no matter how hard you worked your best was never good enough, look elsewhere.
They want to be mentioned in the same breath as Apple, Amazon etc...B***cks!!
8 March 2019

Really sorry to hear you didn't always enjoy your time here at Essex & Suffolk Water, part of the Northumbrian Water Group, we appreciate your honest feedback.

We are looking into how we can improve on the areas you have highlighted and thank you for your feedback.

electricain
electricain (Former Employee) –  Essex suffolk14 October 2018
I was told my job would be local but spent most of my time working away near to Chelmsford or southend this is not local
when I asked about this I was told that I would do as I was told
Pros
if you like to work away
Cons
if you asked if the job was local and told yes
8 March 2019

I am working with our business managers to ensure our advertising and the locations of the work are accurate and also we keep our colleagues updated too.

Busy but good environment
Systems technician (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex5 January 2018
I started as a contract operator with the Water Company. They took me on full time.
We had an inhouse system for the day to day running of the company. This was maintained and run by two of u, We had a great working relationship.
Due to the merger with Northumbrian Water many local jobs were lost including mine.
Pros
Good social life
Great overall company
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Essex18 August 2017
The workers within the company are great to work with give you a great amount of knowledge and help if you are uncertain on what you are doing and they make it easy to work with them not applying to much pressure on you and having a good laugh whilst on the job
Pros
Good money
Cons
Late finishes
It was a very informative and interesting workplace with many incredible staff.
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Lound, lowestoft, suffolk.30 May 2017
I thought that it was a great learning experience to be in a workplace environment and I learnt a lot from the people I was placed with. I have to say that it was very informative in the way our water systems work and how to solve faults and why this might happen. I also got to look at the planning side to see the bigger picture of the overall plan. Personally I loved it and wouldn't change a single thing about my work experience there.
Pros
great people, interesting placement, informative and fun.
Cons
N/a
A good company depending on department
Water Sampler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex2 May 2017
I found they were a good company to work for, but there was often lots of politics involved as you would expect from a large organisation. They offer fair pay and do reward you for extra work with good overtime packages and flexible working.
The one thing that let it down for me was the management, or the lack of.
Out of all the water companies down in the East Anglia region I would definitely say that Essex & Suffolk are the best to work for, judging by what friends and family have told me and from my own personal experience.
Pros
Good Overtime Pay
Very nice place to work
Technical Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Hanningfield, Essex2 May 2017
I found it was a very nice place to work but I just feel I am more suited to working with children, babies and adults rather than office work.
I had to carry out monthly compliance reports, general administration duties in accordance with client requirement. I also raised monthly invoices and arranged visits and appointments for technical staff.
They don't give you a chance !
Admin (Former Employee) –  East Hanningfield9 November 2016
Well I was only there as a temp but didn't realise how temp it was ! If you are with an agency they get rid of you quick as they can snap their finger.

They do not even give you time in the role to develop but expect you to know everything in a few weeks. As soon as a member of permanent staff takes over you are out !

Don't waste your time with this company, terrible to work for.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
No time to develop, easily replaced
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft12 August 2016
I enjoyed my role at Essex and Suffolk Water.
This was a challenging role dealing with the public and the complaints on a day to day basis
Fun and educational workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Lound, ENG8 January 2016
I was only doing a two week work experience there but from what I saw I thought it was a brilliant and enjoyable workplace and I would have loved to go back and worked there as a part-time worker or an apprentice.
Pros
Great environment, great people and lots of fun.
Project Manager Design Team Leader
Mains Projects Manager and Design Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex, Chlemsford, United Kingdom26 May 2014
Having worked with this company for over 3 years, I find every day is not the same. I and my team face fresh challenges every day. As we design and install large water mains across the country we interact we internal and external stakeholders constantly. Our customer service within and outside the organisation has to be first class and indeed it is.
I can be in the office on a Monday, working on developing designs or writing bespoke contracts and be required on a construction site on Tuesday carrying out heath and safety or environmental audits. So no two days are the same. Working with my team and co workers we work together as one team and maintain an ethical and enjoyable working environment.
My management duties range from people management, to design, stakeholder, contract, programme, budget, environmental, construction management as my role covers a wide range of duties and accountabilities.
I would say the hardest part of the job is managing a large number of schemes in different parts of the country can at times prove challenging but working together in a team environment helps tremendously.
Pros
Shopping vouchers, care share scheme, eye care vouchers
Cons
health care, pension
Productive and fun place to work
Treatment Operative (Former Employee) –  Chigwell Water Treatment Works29 July 2012
Good group of people, very helpful and knowledgeable. Worked together to solve problems. Drove heavy plant such as: loading shovel, forward tipping dumper trucks and sand skimmer on a water treatment works. Management excellent, extremely helpful. Became fully aware of most aspects of water treatment. Trained as first aider and fire warden. Also became area Health and Safety rep. Most enjoyable part of job was driving various plant machines, hardest part was working outside in bad weather to maintain water quality.
Pros
good hours.
Cons
monthly out-of-hours cover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essex & Suffolk Water. Our community is ready to answer.

Essex & Suffolk Water Reviews by Location