Essentra plc Employee Reviews

Pleasant experience
Flexographic Printer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool5 February 2018
Good place to work friendly staff and the warehouse is well ran and maintained, there is always work and all of the members of staff are friendly and approachable.
Misserable place to work
Printer (Former Employee) –  Newport30 January 2018
Inexperienced team leaders and managers, managers changing in a monthly basis. Old and new contracts where old can earn well in excess of £10k -£15k per annum over new contracts. Failed massively with the carton print and only a matter time before flexo print will be shutting down! Worst place I have worked, nobody seems to know what they are doing so are unable to address the problems at hand!
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Cant see it open for much longer
good experiance
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Great Harwood17 October 2017
the salary and overtime where good with overtime being readily available. there are lot of agency staff which lead to poor job security. most managers where terrible, indiscreet and where on there on personal power trips.
Chaotic, bullying culture
Glad to have left (Former Employee) –  Kidlington13 October 2017
No amount of money is worth affecting your health to work here.
Bullying culture from the CEO down.
No-one in Senior Management appear to know what they are doing and employees have slopey shoulders at every turn.
HR are useless.
Chaotic company with archaic processes and inaccurate data on every detail of the components the company sells but no-one cares as long as they get paid and leave at 5pm.
Niet van toepassing
Projectmedewerker Standard Desktop Program (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes13 September 2017
Goede ervaring, fijne collega's, Actief samengewerkt met veel mensen met verschillende culturele achtergronden.
Pros
Veel doorgroeimogelijkheden
Cons
Geen
Millions of pounds wasted by the Welsh government.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport24 August 2017
I reviewed this employer a month ago.
It obviously was n`t what you wanted to hear so you never published it.
They bought up loads of companies nationwide then shut them bringing them all to Newport. They are now slowly shutting the Newport site.
Pros
I don`t work there anymore
Cons
Multiple
Fantastic
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire7 July 2017
Absolutely loved my job, the people and the customers. Everyone worked well as a team to get the job done and often got taken out by suppliers for all expenses meals. Couldn't ask for better management!
Good company to work for
Personal Assistant to Regional Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire4 July 2017
Chief Executive has changed since I left, so I assume the workplace has changed somewhat.
Good benefits and knowledgeable staff. Problematic parking unfortunately.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Dreadful parking
great team
Finishing Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport11 June 2017
I have only worked with Essentra a few months, but i see that i have a great team behind me, staff are willing to learn and grow as things get more and more bust in production. Great professional and personal challenge’s as I learn how and how not to manage staff
Pros
help hand in production
Cons
One of the worst companies I've worked for
Rewinder (Former Employee) –  Newport8 January 2017
They had this very unfair system in place with contracts as in Old and new where as you would be doing the same job, skill-etc as someone on an old contract and you'll be around eight and a half thousand ;pounds per annum worst off which I thought was really unfair and over time it caused a lot of animosity. And overall in regards to training, management and the way they treated their work-force ws very poor. I wouldn't recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Unfair contract policy and unfair treatment to staff
Well run fast growing international business
IT (Former Employee) –  UK27 July 2015
Highly focused on shareholder value and growth,
global mind-set and culturally diverse
Highly mobile and experienced management team
Pros
Highly rewarded for results
Cons
Challenging and demanding
Great Pay, Poor Job Security.
employee (Current Employee) –  Jarrow, ENG22 March 2015
Job is to operate filter machines for tobacco industry.

Management are not the best and really difficult to communicate with. They seem distant from the work force on the factory floor. However the workers that you work with are a mixed bunch, just as any where else.

Hardest part of the job is the shift pattern that you work. The most enjoyable is the week of you get ever month.
Pros
week off good pay
Cons
poor management poor job security
Enjoyed my time working there
Quality Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Jarrow, ENG6 October 2014
My job was working in a team to produce Cigarette filter tips, dealing with complaints, making sure all procedures were followed at all time in a safe environment

Dealing with internal and external customers.

Travelling across the world dealing with concerns and complaints.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Long hours and fewer staff to do the day to day jobs.
Essentra is a progressive,prestigious company.
Reception/Admin (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG9 July 2014
A typical day at work was very busy but enjoyable. I was originally employed to work 25 hours per week - job share, but this was reduced to 18 hours when office hours were extended as the Company expanded and more staff were recruited into the department.

During my 9 years with Essentra every day was a learning experience.

Management always professional and approachable, and willing to discuss any work related issues. Co-workers were always very professional, friendly and willing to lend a hand if necessary.

The hardest part of the job was during the installation of a new combined switchboard/fax/intercom/entry system, but once I was familiar with it I enjoyed using it.

The majority of tasks I performed were enjoyable.
Pros
I always felt very comfortable working at Essentra. Salary & bonus package was excellent
Cons
I'm sure there were some but I can't think of anything important enough to mention.
Friendly staff
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jarrow11 June 2014
It was easy but very quick changing work, i could be checking the quantity of products one minute and then the next i could be stacking pallets, it was never repetitive.

Sometimes i worked with a partner as it helped create more products and my co-workers would always help me out if i asked.

There was no hard part of the job as it was just mainly all unskilled work.
Interesting and challenging environment, with a good work/life balance
International Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes19 May 2014
Work involved both project related work, including re-structurings, re-financing, acquisitions and disposals, and transfer pricing, as well as routine tax work, such as dealing with VAT and duty based enquiries, SAO compliance work and managing tax audits globally.

Routine work includes quarterly tax forecasting and ETR forecasting, tax cash flow and cash management for repatriation to the UK or US.

Senior management actively encourage not working long hours, other than at year end and half-year. There is a good team feeling within the head office.
Pros
Good remuneration package.