Essential Recruitment Employee Reviews

All a bunch of liers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands24 June 2019
Worked for them for 3 weeks not paid me always come up with excuses about my pay .The manager at Wednesbury centre is a t*** that dont care about anything other then kissing the area managers a** avoid this company at all cost they have hidden charges too
Horrible (Former Employee) –  Horrible14 May 2019
Horrible people got a phone call today offering me work cause I got offered work where three is no public transport they said don’t waste our time dead nasty and put phone down on me rude horrible lady that spoke to me
Pros
Horrible
Cons
Horrible
Essential is a good place to work.
Newspaper Distributor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire22 March 2019
They work to a NMW or better wage bracket. They have plenty of work for people seeking full or part time. Working for essential although not necessarily ideal for job progression is a great friendly group that can cater for near enough anybody.
Pros
Variety of hours available
Productive and fun.
Temporary agency work (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire14 March 2019
Lovely staff and always find me work quickly. And the staff always find me local work that's easy to travel to and the pay rate has always been very good.
Pros
Always local work.
Cons
nothing.
Offered me 1 day here and there.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ripley26 February 2019
Hello this agency is horrendous they gave me the odd day hear and there , who can live off £60 a week , think it’s just one great big government scam

People was ok I guess, wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy though

Would rather be a bin man
Pros
2 hour lunch break (unpaid)
Cons
Not a great place to work
Don’t work for this agency
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Belper, Derbyshire26 February 2019
Unless you like to get messed about then don’t apply!
You will be bombarded with text alerts and messages , the work was ok but who likes to get reminded they have got work when they already know they have,
They don’t give you all your holidays when asked for, I wouldn’t believe any of these 5 star reviews the agency must make them there self,
If you got no brain and want minimum wage sign up!
But if you want a future I wouldn’t bother lining there greasy pockets , truth hurts.
Pros
Cons
It’s all a con
Professional and Easy to work with
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire25 February 2019
Honest and reliable and will give you work the next day. Got work after 12 weeks. Hard work but good to get full time employment in the end. I would recommend to anyone who wants to get back in to work.
Pros
Perm work
Cons
Worst agency in the world!
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire24 February 2019
Don’t waste your time with this agency , they mess you pay up and don’t give the right holidays, staff treat you horrible , don’t bother if you have a family to feed and house!
Pros
20p more than minimum wage
Cons
Twice as much work as minimum wage..
Official response from Essential Recruitment
25 February 2019

Hi.

We have discussed your complaint with the team, but no one can think of any recent complaints or issues raised by our workers. Could you please call us on 01773 513 310 so we can help to resolve the issue.

Ripley office , if you don’t like it somewhere you can’t change
Agency worker (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire22 February 2019
They are just in it for the money , they don’t care about any of the workers , if your unhappy somewhere they will just keep sending you to that place , always changing shifts and making people work 2-10 one day then 6-2 the following which isn’t really fair I would like the hippos that work there to try this.
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Rude, don’t appreciate good help, and if you get offered a job they will mess you about till your employed
Official response from Essential Recruitment
25 February 2019

Hi.

Family Run Business
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire7 February 2019
Great agency, honest, professional and fantastic to work with. Been with them since 2014, would never go anywhere else. Family run, great company cultures and team seem to actually care.
Pros
Local work, good rate of pay, bring lunch occasionally
Overall great place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire6 February 2019
Essential has a great company ethos. Managers and directors are on hand to help guide you through challenges big or small and there is always opportunity to progress and move forward in your role. Bonus structure is great and each branch is it's own little family.
Pros
Summer work do, Bonus structure
Excellent
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire6 February 2019
Brilliant company to work for! Excellent culture and 'family' like environment. All training given to ensure you can carry out your daily duties efficiently
Great supportive company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire6 February 2019
Great company with excellent training structure
Supportive team and managers and genuinely care about their workforce.
I would highly recommend working for Essential to anyone!
Very professional team.
Temporary Machine Operative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield20 January 2019
Varied work load, learned time management, prioritised urgent jobs. Communication was key to success. Good listening ability was an essential part of being a team player.

Keeping colleagues busy and informed at all times. Equality/diversity was essential when working alongside people from different ethnic backgrounds.
Pros
Great Managent/trainers
Cons
Long hours.
Stanley Tools Very Clicky place to work
Operative (Former Employee) –  Rotherham19 January 2019
Promised temp to perm but only worked there two days and they came up with some feeble excuse to get rid of me. I get the impression they only needed me for the two days. Avoid like the plague!

And if you google Essential Recruitment, Rotherham, all the positive reviews are by members of their own staff. So it just shows how dishonest they are and how underhand they can be
Pros
Cons
Horrible Staff
Only interested in money and numbers
Picker (Former Employee) –  Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire25 November 2018
They have proven that even with a contractual agreement with employers that staff must speak good English (health and safety ) that they don't really care if you do or not just to get bodies through the door for their commission. Very poor one to one development and turns a blind eye to on going favouritism that clearly affects their staff
Pros
Set anyone on
Cons
Unprofessional and scatty
Employer more important than Employee
Customer Srvice (Former Employee) –  Long Eaton, Derbyshire1 August 2018
Please think before using this agency. Pretty clear from the start all that all that is important is the employer and thier requirements (and the fee they get from them), not the staff they are sending. Send you to jobs not suitable and with employers that do not follow normal employment working practises. Caution please.
Pros
Cons
They don't care about agency staff
Productive and guiding
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire12 May 2018
This website offers people a variety of jobs. All kind of people can find a work place even though they are unskilled. It recommends jobs suited to each individual.
Fun workplace with best people
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Barnsley22 March 2018
People and team leaders are great, they can help you anytime. I learn many things working with them, the hardest part of the job is to get there in the morning but when you start the just fly by. ;)
wad all good
warehouse/order picker (Former Employee) –  various7 January 2018
always enjoyed the staff in the office... its an agency but ignore the moaners...if you want to work then go for it...i did...went from temp to supervisor in 6mhs...
Pros
if you want work they have it
Cons
none all good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essential Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.