ESS Compass Employee Reviews

Thames galley fortblockhouse
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Fortblock house gosport15 August 2018
Thames galley was a very enjoyable place to work work mates where a privilege to work with ,the galley was in the officers mess which can be busy or quite you could never tell from week to week
Pros
Relaxed attitude no pressures
Cons
Sometimes not a lot of work to do
good enjoyable place to work but staff could be treated better
CSA (Former Employee) –  Torpoint8 August 2016
My typical day at work would consist of setting up breakfast counters at 6am, making sure all other stations are ready to go for 6am service. Once service finishes i would then clean down all counters and start getting the dining hall ready for the next service(lunch). This would include bringing up stores and putting them away, cleaning different areas within the building so its a tidy and safe place to work. In my personnel opinion you very rarely see management and if you ever have any questions they would always try to avoid answering them. my co-workers where great people to work with, very friendly and we all worked well as a team, if i had any problems i never felt afraid to ask. The hardest part of the job i would say, their is no hard parts and i think this is why i needed to move on because its not very challenging. The most enjoyable part of my job would be being able to please people and meeting new people all the time.
Cons
short staffed consistantly
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hermitage21 July 2016
I enjoy working at CostCutter because the staff are easy to get along with and we can all have a laugh together
Enjoyable but long shifts
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Plymouth14 November 2012
Rotated late and early shifts , consisted of serving meals for officers that also required flexibility with monthly functions as well as normal working hours,mangement was strict but fair, overall a nice place to work and friendly co workers.
Pros
free meals, easy travel
Cons
long hours, poor management