Esland Care

Esland Care Employee Reviews

I have recently returned to this company after a period of a few years. The whole company ethos has changed and things are greatly improved. My line manager has been supportive and flexible with me since commencing employment. Hard work is rewarded and recognised
Pros
Lots of opporunity for growth, learning and training.
Cons
This jobs requires time away from friends and family (2 days out of 6)
29 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, and welcome back! We are pleased to hear that you have experienced some of the great changes that are happening across the organisation and it's brilliant that your manager has been so supportive. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to Esland. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
The management needs more managing skills training to support staff better. Is on place I work that can see is so personal because things are done on the interests of the management no proper structure in for staff to follow. It wasn't a good experience for me coming from council organisations that proper policies and procedures in place. That was why I couldn't stay for long and moved on.
Pros
yeah you get free food and eat with the young people
Cons
Is four day on and four days off working patterns.
Simply avoid Terrible place to work Employee engagement at an all time low and a lack of retention scheme to keep staff that know what they are doing Training is not adequate Recruitment Is poor, simply employing anyone to fulfil ratios and not in best interests of children
Pros
Short notice
Cons
Hr
12 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Our Whistleblowing policy is also in place to support our staff with raising any concerns in a comfortable and confidential manner. We are proud of our people and the fantastic work that they do and invest in robust training and development to ensure that they are valued and supported during their time with us. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Absolutely shocking and awful. I was made to feel awful about myself whenever on shift due to working with a team full of bullies with huge egos and when reported to the homes manager, this would not be taken further so it continued for a lengthy period of time, to the point where your self - esteem hits rock bottom. If you care for the kids, work hard and do your job properly, then believe me.. you will get NOWHERE! They seem to promote and employ people who rely on others to do their work for them, failing that, will sit around in the office all day watching live football games on their phones, eating packets after packets of crisps or scrolling through on Amazon doing their online shopping. You will also be expected to sleep in dusty, filthy rooms with a lousy single bed with the springs poking through, so do not be surprised if you wake up with a raging headache, a nose full of dust or a back as stiff as a plank. If you have ideas in regards to the kids in order to make their lives better, I WOULD SCRAP THAT, as it will NOT get followed and you will be left feeling terrible about yourself and the work you have created. The word 'SUPPORT' will be drilled into your brain and you will feel great for a while, but understand this, you are on your own within this company. Need I say more?
Pros
Cons
Everything!
22 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Our Whistleblowing policy is also in place to support our staff with raising any concerns in a comfortable and confidential manner. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Toxic company to work for! Run by bullies who don’t care about the young people they are supposed to support or the staff! All managers are either bullies or don’t have a clue what they are doing! Even if you follow the whistle blowing procedure, nothing will change except you will be treated worse then you were before. They are nothing but corporate bullies!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Working there in the first place
2 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. If you'd like to do this, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Whilst our sector can be challenging, we are committed to ensuring that staff wellbeing is paramount. All of our staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, access to support on an individual basis, monthly recognition awards, continued professional development and regular supervisions. Our Whistleblowing policy is also in place to support our staff with raising any concerns in a comfortable and confidential manner. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Toxic environment to work in. No support what so ever. Management and above do not support you at all. Feel like a weight has been lifted since I left the company.
26 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. If you'd like to do this, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch. Whilst our sector can be challenging, we are committed to ensuring that staff wellbeing is paramount. All of our staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, access to support on an individual basis, monthly recognition awards, continued professional development and regular supervisions. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
If they’re run good then it’s ok , poor management at some Face fits kind of environment!!! Got hurt several times and there was lack of support by managers
Pros
Good salary
21 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We would like to invite you to discuss your feedback with us and ensure that you have any support that you need - if you'd like to do this, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
I have worked at Esland for around 18 months now, in that time I have progressed from a Residential Care Worker to Senior Residential Care Worker. I have also been fully supported in completing my level 3. The work is very challenging which is to be expected but my manager has been amazing with supporting me through any difficult shifts or situations. I always receive full de-briefs and my team are like a second family to me, always willing to have a chat after a tough day. The shifts may be long but it is rewarding when we see such good outcomes for our young people.
11 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. It's fantastic to hear that you've been able to progress with us and have undertaken your Level 3! It's also wonderful to read about the supportive team you are a part of - you are right, this sector is very challenging at times but with a great team, there's always brighter days ahead! Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our young people. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
Any 5 star reviews are from staff that don’t actually work with the children. Esland runs a punishing environment and you will not enjoy your time working for this company. Choose your mental health over the money.
9 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, we appreciate your feedback. We are really disappointed to read your comments and would appreciate further information regarding them. As shown from past reviews, we encourage both care and support staff to provide feedback on their employment with us - all of our staff have a part to play in providing exceptional care to our young people, whether they are on the front line or providing support through other functions. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward. If you would like to discuss this further, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch.
I have been with company for almost 3 years and I have really enjoyed this time. There have been ups and downs, smiles and tears, yet always plenty of support from everyone. HR are understanding and willing to help if help needed
Pros
Supportive, friendly, oportunity to grow and develop
Cons
Long hours, takes time to get use to but eventually you just adjust to it
1 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, it's great to read your positive feedback. There's no mistaking it, the care sector can be very challenging, including some long days but we are committed to supporting our staff and making them feel valued. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our children. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
I have been an employee of Eslands for 3 months and i was made welcome by everyone, my work load is monitored thorough daily meeting to make sure so i don't get overwhelmedad and stressed. my line manager as an open door policy so i have the opportunity when ever i feel the need to go in and talk to him. I have worked for meany care companies and Esland seems to be right up there with the best of them for caring about the employees as much as the young people in there care.
1 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, it's great to read your fantastic review! The care sector can be challenging but it's great to hear that you have the support and guidance that you need in place from your manager. We are extremely proud of our people and the hard work that they bring to Esland. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
I have worked for Esland for nearly two years. It is a relaxed environment and I have always felt valued by management. Progression is always supported, with the company happy to fund training and qualifications to enable career development. Overall a fantastic place to work!
1 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, it's great to read your positive feedback. We are really proud to support the progression of our staff, through training, qualifications and development opportunities. Thank you for your hard work! We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
If you’re are thinking of taking on a role at esland where you’ll receive zero support, have management that are unqualified and do not care for your welfare, get beat up every other day and also get absolutely nothing from what the job description says..... this is the job for you! Staff turnover is ridiculous, and your often left on shift understaffed or with agency who quite frankly do not know what they are doing. The company revolves solely around money, and only money. you’ll be expected to work 36 hours on no sleep, and sometimes you may get put in hospital from being battered by the young people. But don’t worry, you'll still go back to work as normal, with no support and stay in an unsafe environment. as policy it states ‘you have a duty of care to yourself before duty of care of the young people’ unfortunately this doesn’t actually apply at esland as your safety will always comes last after the young people. This company takes on young people that are verging on secure, and us as staff are not trained enough to deal with there behaviours. But as long as they bring in thousands each week, That’s all that matters. You’ll be shipped around the company to different homes a lot of the time, but because there’s so many staff you'll barely be recognised for your hard work and mostly given negative feedback for what hasn’t been completed. You will feel mentally, physically and emotionally drained 99 percent of the time, most of the managers only care about the ofsted rating and not the people inside running the place. the only positive feedback about this company is meeting - more...
28 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, we appreciate your feedback.We are really disappointed to read your comments and would appreciate further information regarding them. Esland are a values-driven organisation with our team members at the heart of what we do. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch. As a growing business, we are proud that our staff turnover is significantly lower than the sector average, and our HR and Recruitment team are dedicated to engage with and retain employees who’s values are aligned with ours, as this is what helps us achieve Good and Oustanding outcomes for our children. Whilst our sector can be challenging, we are committed to ensuring that staff wellbeing is paramount. All of our staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, access to support on an individual basis, monthly recognition awards, continued professional development and regular supervisions. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Poor company to work for treat there employees like they are disposable, if you do not agree with their views they will seek you out to punish. If you eventually leave they will not let you go with a good reputation and refuse to pay you. If you like working with children do not work here as all they see is pound signs and not people
27 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, we appreciate your feedback.We are really disappointed to read your comments and would appreciate further information regarding them. Esland are a values-driven organisation with our people at the heart of what we do, to ensure the very best care for our children and young people. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
I feel working for Esland is very rewarding Obviously each day can have its challenges as is to be expected in this line of work - but I can honestly say I feel totally supported in every way and I feel I am able make a difference every day.
27 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, it's great to read your positive feedback. There's no mistaking it, the care sector can be very challenging but you are absolutely right, it's also very rewarding! Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our children. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
The role of Professional Care Provider is challenging, and you will be working long hours. No two days are the same and you will be kept busy caring for the needs of the young people in your home, as well as managing the day-to-day running of a large family home. Hours and Pay - I work a 3 on 3 off shift pattern with 2 sleeps. So, your working day will be 15/16 hours, plus the 8 hours you are there for each sleep. A £60 payment is made for each sleep that you complete. Hourly pay is competitive, and given the amount of hours that are worked each month, along with sleep payments, there is potential to earn a healthy income. It is important to note that whilst you are contractually obliged to work sleeps, the amount of sleeps is not guaranteed and these are shared out amongst the staff on rota. Work Life Balance - As you will work on a shift pattern, you will be working your 3 on, 3 off wherever the days fall in the week. So, if having weekends off work is important, this role will not suit. Personally, I find having 3 days off in a row a bonus, and it did not take me long before I really did not mind which day of the week that my shifts fell on. There have been times where I have needed emergency time off, or some flexibility in my hours. My personal experience is that Esland have helped me where they can, and assisted me when I have needed help. There are times where shifts need covering, and there are usually opportunities for overtime within your home, or others that may be short on staff. Management - Esland appears to constantly review its performance, practices - more...
27 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are so pleased to read your wonderful review and would like to thank you for your hard work and commitment - our children and young people are very lucky to have you! We feel proud to have such brilliant people working for us and it's extremely important to us that our staff feel valued whilst doing what can be a very challenging role. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
Esland Support some of the most complex young people in the UK providing a high level of tailored care. The expectations on staff working for the company is high and your resilience will be tested at times. However the company provides robust training packages which can be specifically tailored to the needs of the homes to ensure that staff are skilled and can met the expectations of their roles. It enables the ethos of the company to be spread and all to work together in shared goals providing the best possible outcomes for the young people in our homes. The processes are supported through face to face training and learning in our homes through reflective practice. Induction processes give the opportunity to ensure you have clear understanding of the process in place along with regular supervision to discuss areas that you wish to up skill in and further develop your knowledge. There have been significant improvements as of recent to provide clear structure along with additional support through clinical psychology and senior management, creating a proactive approach as opposed to a reactive process. Young people make significant progress which is reflected through ofsted inspections and evident by the stability of placements within the region and further company. There are numerous opportunities to progress your career through the company with a number of the registered managers beginning their career with Esland as residential care practitioners. The company continues to look to expand and find new ways to support its young people and staff through learning and incentives. - more...
27 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are so pleased to read your fantastic comments and would like to thank you for your hard work. We are very proud of our in-house training team, who ensure that our people are equipped to work in this challenging sector and make a real difference to the lives of our young people. These are exciting times at Esland and we're really pleased to hear your positive feedback on some of the recent changes we have made. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
I have worked at Esland since 2018. I feel my experience and want to learn was recognised early and because of this I have been able to progress up through the company to a management position. I feel Esland works towards and achieves positive outcomes for young people and if you have a good working ethos you will be given the opportunity to progress in your career. I feel Esland promotes internal progression for their staff, if you work hard, which is fair I think.
27 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland! We are really proud of our internal progression and development opportunities and would like to thank you for your hard work and dedication to our children. Congratulations on your management role, it's a fantastic achievement! We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
As all care work, the job can be challenging, however this doesn't take away from how much I highly enjoy it. Esland is a great company to work for, excellent pay, rewarding work and a good work-life balance with the hours. I find it difficult to understand the bad HR reviews as I've had nothing but a positive experience with them. They're extremely helpful, caring & supportive. The staff benefits in place are brilliant (perkbox) and just goes to show how the company likes to look after their staff with little treats! There is always recognition for hard work, which is extremely moving & inspiring, especially when you've worked for companies in the past, where you are just a number and are not cared for! I feel proud to work for such a company. Thank you Esland!
26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are so pleased to read your fantastic feedback and would like to thank you for your hard work - our children and young people are very lucky to have you! It's extremely important to us that our staff feel valued whilst doing what can be a very challenging role. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
Have worked at Esland for a number of years, it’s the best inspiring company I have worked for, the staff and our young people are amazing and I’m proud to be apart of this, highly recommended
Pros
Family orientated
23 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are delighted to hear that you've had a positive experience with us - you are absolutely right, our staff and young people are nothing short of amazing! We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
I have worked here for almost 4 years now and have seen the company go through the transition from being family owned to equity owned and this change has certainly been for the better, the current board have a wealth of experience and knowledge and are working collaboratively to steer the company in the right direction, which importantly is a shared vision. The company offers great progression routes and support in this for those whom want it. There is also recognition and praise for staff at all levels, whether this be through the employee of the month award, the annual Esland star awards or simply coming home to a bouquet of flowers as a thank you for the work that you put in. The staff teams get lots of opportunity to partake in positive experiences with the young people that we care for, even though it can be challenging at times (as with all companies within this sector), the team work within homes is what helps staff see this through.
23 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are immensely proud of our staff and it is through them that we can and will make our vision a reality. It's fantastic to hear that your journey with us has been a positive one and we'd like to thank you for your dedication to our young people. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!