Ernest Jones Employee Reviews

loved the job hated the management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire9 February 2019
the job is brilliant however couldn't trust your colleges or the management very rude and lazy sat in the office make you run around fetching things for them such as ring from the office to the shop floor when they could/should of collected things themselves. often late to open up and left you waiting outside however if you did it you knew about it. expected to do your training on products using ipads stood on the shop floor between customers which was impossible.
Pros
enjoyed helping customers
Cons
the management
Very good company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London14 January 2019
Every day is not the same.

You are always communicating with customers and there is always stuff to do.

You learn a vast range of information.

You are constantly on your feet and when there is free time you would required to learn about the new promotions and information regarding the services provided.
good
diamond and watch specialist (Former Employee) –  staines11 November 2018
Ernest jones was very fun however difficult at the same time. Dealing with customers efficiently and respectively teaches you a lot of people skills however it is difficult as with jewellery comes a lot of care and a lot of responsibility
Pros
fun management
Cons
difficult attire
good place of work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham16 October 2018
left here due to it only being a seasonal position and being offered a full time job at the butchers.

brilliant place staff friendly and management approachable
Lovely people
Jewellery Sales Assistant (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Merry Hill14 September 2018
It was a lovely place to work and if they could have given me more ours then I would have defiantly stayed working here! I was gutted to leave and would recommend working here.
Pressure selling
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire4 July 2018
Very pressured in selling and achiving targets, very poor work life balance, work tends to be taken home with you alot.
Customers are always right regardless of the situation.
Customers can be very rude.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours little pay
Good if you want a career
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh31 January 2018
Good company to work for but can be stressful at times due to sales and training. I would not recommend this is it is something on the side of university but if you wanted a career in this field I would.
weekend staff
Sales Associate (Saturday staff) (Former Employee) –  Watford4 January 2018
I had a great time as the weekend staff. I was rubbish at sales but still manage to get some big purchases in and learn alot about wedding rings. Met some great people but after year it was time to spread my wings and fly.
ooh even got a gift after 1 year service from the head office :-)
Great
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 November 2017
Learned some amazing things, met great people and got to handle products that amazed me from their beauty to their expense. Would reccomend working here.
Good working enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire9 November 2017
Greet customers with an enthusiastic and friendly attitude to ensure customers feel welcomed into the store. Strive to deliver the best of service whether at the till point, on the shop floor. It's important to demonstrate initiative and a flexible approach to create the best shopping experience. Also to use knowledge of the business to promote events, products, services, and offer customers more ways to shop through awareness of ordering services and on-line shopping.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey Quays5 September 2017
everyday was something new someone getting married or someone getting a gift or even just someone looking for a pick me up nice group around you and nice adventre
Pros
30% off
Well paid but very often humuliating
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 June 2017
The worst staff management I have ever experienced. People are beeing pushed around as well as pushed to their possibilites. Lots of ponishments beetwen staff not a single good word for hard work from any of main managers. They are literally never happy.
Pros
Good Commision
Cons
Work after clising time of the shop is UNPAID
Very good hours for students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London1 May 2017
Opening and closing the store, Training new staff, Visual Merchandising hotspots and portals, Handling Money, Sales and maintaining a clean and tidy store. The hours were very convenient for me fitting around college hours. The company is also very fair as the more sales you make it contributed towards a store target, if the target is met, at the end of the month commission is received.
Pros
Commision
Engaging workplace with a strong learning environment
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire26 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Ernest Jones. The team I worked with were all very welcoming and the shared work ethic meant that tasks were completed efficiently.
Was okay
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth13 April 2017
Tepid review as only worked 1 day a week due to family commitments. Found it hard to bond with them. Training sparse and frequent breakins meant working in other stores
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Staff at the time
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands3 April 2017
I am a passionate about excellent customer service so i deal with my own customer issues when sending their repairs away.When i start work i will look to see if i need to contact my repair customers whilst multi tasking to serve customers or answering the phone. When i get time i pick up my training via our on line training system. We have all types of customers so i mirror image them to give them the service they expect.
The store can be fast pace due to us serving a customer for up to an hour so other customers having to wait, i will apologize for they wait so the hardest part would be feeling frustrated that due to staff shortages i can not serve everyone.
The most enjoyable part is serving the customer and helping the new staff settle in with there training. You get out what you put in to it, i give an excellent service and know retails in my blood,can not see myself doing anything different.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Distance
Failed the online assessement
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2017
Filled out the application form and the online assessment test then failed.
This one size fits all style of application really dosnt fit all.Just as well as the job would suit a robot judging from the comments left by staff so had a lucky escape. I had emails asking how I felt about the job application process. This happened twice after which I assigned it to the junk bin!!
Great Exciting Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cardiff1 March 2017
Learnt a lot and lovely staff made it a dream to work for. Make sure you can commit to additional hours as it can get hectic.
great job , company want blood
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 February 2017
amazing feeling and a great place to work if you put in lots of unpaid hours and not bothered about proper breaks this is the company for you and you will go far, pay is good and so are the rewards with career progression for the right people, prepare to have no work life balance
Pros
staff discount, pay
Cons
no breaks, work many more hours than paid for
Sales assistant
Sales assistant & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station12 February 2017
Learning about the luxury retail sector
assisting day to day sales
exceeding targets and kpi