ERIKS

ERIKS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom75 reviews
The positions are secure but only minimum wage paid and is poorly managed. Very little training or opportunity for advancement Health and Safety is good and a clean working environment.
Pros
Safe, secure, well lit.
Cons
No advancement and minimum wage.
its been all for nothing
myself and colleagues have put our own and families lives at risk daily thoughout the pandemic and it appears that our loyalty and dedication to our company means nothing to them in higher management yes we did receive a letter of thanks and a tub of heroes chocolates then a letter saying we wouldn't be getting a rise this year but now we are to start a shift pattern of work work weekend and lose our rights to bank holidays on the said day's
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
let down badly
Repair and overhauls greatly under appreciated but is the backbone of the business, under investment has been the norm for 25 years

there is new management at the top but its the same team below, so nothing will really change as the cocked it up before. But lets hope I'm wrong.
Eriks is an excellent company from an interest angle but they don’t trust you. Also fringe benefits are poor. Typical big business accountability. Lots of reports and duplicate effort.
Management haven’t got a clue no e of them now what each other’s doing no chance or progressing in the company and no pay increase for several years same think day in day out
Site based field service reliability based asset management. Work in differing industries including but not limited too manufacturing, food production and oil and gas.
Pros
Company car, phone, laptop
Cons
Driving long distances.
This place nearly drove me to suicide, I pity the few decent people that suffer/ed there. A manager that was a bully and a boss that had no idea what was actually going on.
At the time I worked for Eriks, the Job was Weekdays but if they were not buissy you only worked and were paid for 4/5 hours.

My comute was ofer 150 miles roundtrip so I was unable to make a living wage.

For someone local to their Depot I would highly recomend them
New structure yet to be proven however it's copied from a failed competitor approach so doubtful it will work.
Very poor management that are out of their depth.

120 redundancies in December 2019 and lots resignations since January.
I enjoyed my time there but am ready for a new adventure. I have learned many new skills which will help me progress.
The job was fast paced but kept workers busy.
Decent company to work for but with a lack of clear management. There were not a great deal of progression opportunities during my time working for Eriks.
great place to work I wish I hadn't left, don't realise how good some teams are until you leave, would work there again and would recommend to friends family etc.
It feels like the company is falling apart recently, theres been some wholesale changes and no one seems to have a clue whats going on or what to do day to day anymore, from top to bottom. They have introduced report cards and are demanding everyone puts in more report cards day to day. All its done is created a culture of everyone out to get each other, tit for tat nonsense. The warehouse is a bit of a free for all, people knocking off when they want and just mooching around, blatant skiving and going off for smoking breaks as and when they want. We have new management but they have zero product knowledge, which isn't ideal for a multi product specialist company. Really wouldn't recommend working here as i'd be very surprised if the company is still here in its current form in 12months.
The job was varied and the workshop staff experienced and very helpful. Unfortunately lack of work meant the atmosphere became very stressful . Eriks is a large company but the management can cause problems for staff .
This year the company has announced that the 'bonus' scheme (which was linked to profitability) has been closed due to target figures not being reached for 2019 - hang about - we're still in March (maybe we could get to use their crystal ball so we could get the Euro-millions numbers every week!)

This is despite the fact that when they paid out last year (the 'bonus' paid out was an eye watering £165 - Barbados here we come) we were told back then that it could well be over £400, however the management hadn't factored in E.O.S - a wholly 'unfit for purpose' system that has been beset with problems since day one - obviously the crystal ball was out of sync back then......who knows?

We now have to apply? for a breath taking £50 that can be used for- get this- BBQ's, Christmas parties and the like, but only if they include the rest of the team you work with, oh and 'team building exercises'...........
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay
The engineering industry can be a little behind the times, however ERIKS takes the biscuit. IT systems decades out of date (even with a recent implementation)
No support for staff, inadequate training, very sketchy employment practices. ERIKS expect a great deal from their staff with nothing outside of the contract to make up for it (even benefits stated in the contract weren’t adhered to)
You will be expected to sign a waiver to the EU directive on working hours. The culture is varied throughout the company depending on the division you work for. Expect 24/7 and you will be OK. Branches within Integrated Solutions and Distribution/Logistics are busy and you will work the hours required to get the job done. Resource is short and little is done to compensate. There is a tick the box culture to ensure that the company's responsibility for accidents is limited. Senior Management may appear busy but little changes going forward.
Pros
Second Family
Cons
Long hours and occasional weekends
Growing company with lots of ambition focus and drive. Alot of changes happening for the better.
Great company good management enjoyable job.

Colleagues are very helpful in getting to know the systems and procedures.
Overall a good company to work for. Always keep employees up to date on information happening within the Company.
Very professional.

Good network of people within the business to turn to for help with products etc.
little pay with long hours - quite often called out in the middle of the night for demisory pay and time given back in liue never really honoured. poor management
ERIKS has the flexibility and locations to cater for everyone at every level of their career, they treat their staff well which is difficult for a company in multiple locations. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the wide range of people in the workplace.
Pros
Number of locations to work at and aspire too.
Cons
Can be sometimes remote and distant