ERIKS Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Service Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Mexborough, South Yorkshire2 January 2019
ERIKS has the flexibility and locations to cater for everyone at every level of their career, they treat their staff well which is difficult for a company in multiple locations. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the wide range of people in the workplace.
Pros
Number of locations to work at and aspire too.
Cons
Can be sometimes remote and distant
Excellent employer
Junior through to office manager (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands6 July 2018
Great place to work very professional company.
A market leader that has continued to grow both new and existing markets.
As a truly European company Ericks is well positioned to function whatever the Brexit situation generates.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
work life balance
Productive workplace
Data entry and customer enquiries (Former Employee) –  Blackburn12 June 2018
Excellent job opportunities with great progression. Lots of opportunities to develop interpersonal skills and very friendly team making the workplace a friendly environment.
Not the best place to work for
ICT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands22 May 2018
Not the best company to work for.
Company don't have good prospects.
Not a good salary to work towards.
No Progression.
Team members aren't really great to work with.
Not a very nice place to work
Full time in-side sales (Former Employee) –  Totton, Hampshire29 April 2018
sorting out the overnight delivery of goods ordered, booking in/out and sorting the deliveries. Preparing quotes and orders taken over the phone and email. Sourcing/buying goods in for customer requirements if not stock. Identify products and customer requirements. Workplace culture work with no lunch break.
Working all day with no breaks.
Learned new live stock computer system and how to find an item when you have no idea what it is.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Local to where I use to live.
Very good
1st Line Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands8 April 2018
well managed and calm company to work for, loads of career opportunities and an all round nice company to work for. The job is always changing and none repetitive which is amazing because you don't feel in a dead end job.
Used to be a great place to work.
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Halesown25 February 2018
ERIKS used to be a great place to work, great people and working environment, however this has changed in recent years with restructuring of the business, leading to job loses and insecurity among staff, what was a great company has now become all about cost savings, Leavers are not replaced with workload spread among other member of the team. and all functions seem to constantly be under review to save cost. Cost cutting is highly visible when something as simple as getting a broken mobile replaced now takes weeks due to needing a board members signature,
it's a nun consistent workflow
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire20 February 2018
it's a week contract base nun consistent workflow
however a exciting place to work
get to work new materials new ideas arriving every day
but they have a poor management skills
A job
Service Centre Manager at Saint Gobain Hadleigh (Former Employee) –  Hadleigh30 January 2018
Poor Management,Poor advancement little or no back up for employees. Bonus scheme terrible keeps changing with the demands of the shareholders profits
Pros
get paid on time, great at communicating BS
Cons
bonus scheme poor i.t
A Comfortable Environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands25 January 2018
I worked in a day to day busy environment, delegating tasks to meet certain requirements.

I did enjoy my job role, I did feel very comfortable within my workplace, and working side by side with my colleagues. Obviously there was a modicum of pressure aligned toward making sure that tasks were met on a daily basis and I adhered to that as pressure drives me. I did find the overall experience quite suitable for the kind of employment I am suited to. Various colleagues also felt the same. Many of them with years of experience, meaning staff turnover was minimum. However the time came for me to flex my skills and experience in a somewhat different direction of employment, however I certainly don't have any ill feeling towards my former employer.
Pros
Positive Workforce
Cons
Repetative
Easy life, terrible and terrible people
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands4 January 2018
The company is poor from top to bottom. long lead times, overpriced and poor own brand products which they never have in stock. Progression is limited as the management will only hire and promote dear friends from internal and external sources. Could be one of the biggest companies in the world of it wasn't for it's prehistoric and backward thinking board of directors that oversee the company losing thousands of pounds a day. It's idea for expansion and growth leave the mind boggling and the attitude of the hierarchy makes you realise it's who you know not what at this company. On the other hand you could turn up to work in your pants and smear excrement all over the walls and no one would bat an eyelid it's just that type of place. Pay is poor and well below what it competitors offer.
Pros
Free coat and going home
Cons
All of them
Very rewarding and enjoyable company
Engineering sales (Former Employee) –  Bath8 December 2017
I loved this position with Eriks. I was in control of all aspects of sales and business development. I also had control of the site service and repair team. Unfortunately the branch that I worked from lost a large contract and consequently closed and made all staff redundant.
Pros
Car, salary
Horrible
Machine operator and production operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington7 December 2017
I worked there for over a year and unless you're a manager they look at you like a piece of dirt, but if you can manage to work your way up then i could see it would be good
Pros
nothing
Cons
all of the above
Overworked
Winder (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff22 November 2017
No pay rise only 1%
Out on strike in 2017 1st time in my 20 years of working.
No extra money for woking on sewage no extra money for going to other places of work when you are up to your ankles in grease and oil.
You got to work a lot of overtime to get a tidy wage.
great company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire15 November 2017
Enjoyed my role here, started as delivery driver then moved to inside sales an then office manager. Offers lots of training programmes an knowledge obtained about various products.
Pros
locations throughout uk
Cons
no longer in Hull
Nice company to work for..
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex26 September 2017
Temporary only. Arrived at 8.30am sorted goods out to be delivered. Boxed goods. Applied dispatch notes to boxes. Loaded vehicle in the drop order. Delivered goods across south east of England. On return to warehouse filed paperwork.
Pros
Location, good working conditions.
Cons
Temporary only.
Relaxed atmosphere
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire14 September 2017
Good place to work for with friendly helpfull staff all over the UK.Got different divisions ie drives,gearboxes,seals,bearings and electronics with most divisions able to assist 24 hours a day
Pros
Training
Cons
Great Company, not the best pay
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  midlands21 August 2017
I do all the roles in one, the more you offer the more they take, I have learned a lot and the training is great, management like the "puppets" that follow like sheep, great work life balance just lack of opportunity.

I loved my role for the first couple of years, sadly you get over looked for promotion if you are not in a circle and pay rises are not given, such a shame as the actual company ethics in theory are great.
Hardest part of the job is the company restrictions on what you can do (in IS) but on the other hand you have a degree of freedom and no one breathing down your neck.
Pros
working hours, Independence of time, vehicle
Cons
management, pay, close nit higher management, false promises no progression
A very demanding workplace.
Stores Operative (Current Employee) –  Knottingley and Leeds30 July 2017
Opening deliveries and putting into stores then booking in.

Stock taking.

Reordering replacement stock.

This has improved my IT skills. Especially typing.

Management like everything completed as quickly as possible.

Workplace culture is that every member of the team should complete the same amount of work.
I feel this is an unrealistic target as every individual has different strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of the job is not able to check your work thoroughly as time is of the essence. Therefore this can lead to mistakes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is completing every task within the same working day and not letting it run over it to the following day as this will lead to a build up of unfinished work.
Pros
Provide excellent work clothing.
Cons
Management are set in their ways and tend to be inflexible.
Part time staff are made to feel insufficient and not part of the team
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands27 July 2017
Worked here many years and over the past 12 months the company has taken a steep decline. They do not value the staff and the pay is poor unless you work at the head office in Halesowen.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Pay/ unsupportive management