Ericsson Employee Reviews

Found 146 reviews matching the search See all 5,887 reviews
Not the best
Engineer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom1 June 2017
Ericsson tupied alot of UK engineers and have offshored nearly all the UK workforce to cheaper countries. Very poor working environment. Staff we're in their own bubble due to continued job cuts so atmosphere was toxic in the office when anyone could be bothered to go in.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No one talks to each other as stressed out
All Go All the time
Mobile Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  London29 May 2017
Fast paced environment to work in
always challenging always something new

no two days the same customers needs always demanding
constantly on the go a lot of management changes
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
constant change to work load
Contract Wireman (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire26 May 2017
All staff very friendly , reasonably good work atmosphere , building is air conditioned, so nice temperature to work in all year round. Canteen reasonable priced food, but a bit random with food quality
Pros
close to where i live
Cons
not much car parking
Stuck in continual transformation and change.....
Engagement Manager & Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey22 May 2017
Unfortunately during my time there was a continual lack of clear strategic direction compounded by poor leadership over the three! change programs that affected my area.

However, working facilities are good and colleagues and other employees are very helpful - so has a good employee culture for now.
Family is Family
WFM LDA (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey11 May 2017
Working from home is a positive, and encouraged, and makes for good job work and life balance. Also very flexible, as long as the core hours are covered.
Pros
Flexibilty of working
Cons
Redundancy
Fast paced place to work
Site survey technician (Current Employee) –  London2 May 2017
A good place to work
always a challenge no two days the same
a fast paced working environment not for the faint hearted
all work as a team worldwide
no one left behind
Information Disclosure
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hook1 May 2017
Very reputable company, however could do better in employee engagement programme. Need to improve in maintaining better information sharing with employees.
Pros
Name
Cons
Lack of Information
Fast paced and great people but a lot was expected
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey13 April 2017
Ericsson was a great place to work with a strong culture. The hours and expectations were excessive. The opportunity to learn was fantastic but recognition and reward was not forthcoming. Total remuneration and benefits were better than average for the industry.
Going downhill quickly
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton4 April 2017
Every benefit of working there is being slowly taken away. This has lead to very low morale in the office.
The organisation is constantly being reorganised so no stability is achieved.
Talented People - stifled slightly by Centralised Controls
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire31 March 2017
The company is large with a presence in most countries globally and a wide product portfolio. Collaborating with talented colleagues all over the world was a fun aspect of working for Ericsson.

There were a lot of reorganisations while I was at Ericsson - sometimes one would start before the previous one was complete - and this led to a feeling of instability with some staff finding it demotivating.

Another challenge was that centralised control of processes and ways of working via the Swedish head office meant it could be quite difficult to develop ways of working that best fit a specific part of the product portfolio or best utilised local expertise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of achievement when Sweden was bypassed and a lean, agile way of working could be established!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Bureaucracy and Reorgs
Teachnical Lead (Current Employee) –  UK7 March 2017
No bad but it has it's moments... Project driven with very demanding customers. More for less in the current telecom environment.

Bad life / work ratio due to travelling, bad on family life.
Pros
Cons
LOng hours and travel
Experienced Field Engineers dumped for cheaper guys
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 March 2017
Experience field engineers replaced by Cheap Fueld operatives
Purely a cost cutting exercise
Meanwhile Managers on 69K with costly company car's
Fueld operatives working on customers network with little or no training
Pros
Cons
Not valued
Ericsson
Customer Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey23 February 2017
Ericsson is a great place to work, I have learnt a lot professionally and personally.
Ericsson Guildford UK allows flexible hours and there is an open door policy to management.
Fast paced and continually changing
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home Based20 February 2017
No two days the same. Good team ethic essential to accomplish team targets.Lots of driving and interesting places to work at.
good future focus company
Account Supply Responsible (Current Employee) –  Newbury17 February 2017
Ericsson focuses on the future and is a leading technology company.
Most employees can work flexitime and have the option to work at home and other offices
Pros
flexi working and relaxed office policy
Cons
long hours, silo mentality, low cooperation
Working at Ericcson Hemel
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire31 January 2017
I enjoyed working at Ericcson. My experience on the whole was positive, I wish the guys at Ericcson past, present and future and those we mutually know the very best.
Thanks guys for reading.
Long hours, poor management
Subtitler (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 January 2017
My current position as a subtitler requires long, unsociable hours which are rarely taken into account by management, who are increasingly concerned with speed over quality.

There is little opportunity for advancement, and current remuneration is not commensurate with the work required
Marconi/Ericsson (UK/Sweden)
PCB Layout Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coventry/Beeston UK/ Stockholm in Sweden30 December 2016
Marconi/Ericsson Telecommunication in Coventry/Beeston Uk will remain one of my most enjoyable working experience in my life. I started with little knowledge of PCB layout role, but with matter of weeks I was going at almost same speed as other more experienced engineers. I was working largely on optical network cards for telecommunication industries. I was given every opportunity to learn/train in new EDA industry based tools, such as all Zuken, Mentor RE and Expedition, Pantheon and eventually Allegro Cadence PCB tools, all of which I happily undertook. The lower to middle management was very cooperative and made every effort to help with any training required. Hardest part of the job was losing the job, where I worked long hours and demonstrated I can achieve anything with some real hard work. The most enjoyable part of my was job was when the CEO of Ericsson (UK) personally came to Thank myself after I pushed to meet very difficult deadline. I had pleasure of continuing with same role at Ericsson in Sweden after having been made redundant in 2010. This was my first real experience working away from home and will not forget.
Pros
Very flexible & enjoyable ways of working with rewards that meet needs.
Cons
Sad loss of Job
Ericsson
Senior consultant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey28 December 2016
Working at Ericsson has been an eye opener in many ways. Overall when there is work and projects you are on, then you are safe. Once the projects slow down then start looking over the shoulder as you are likely to be got rid of.
Pros
Multinational
Cons
Mushroom management
Not recommended
Customer Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 December 2016
Very slow and non professionally managed company. Still thinking that they are No:1 in telecommunications area but they are not.
Pros
Acceptable benefits
Cons
Slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ericsson. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K