Ericsson

Ericsson Employee Reviews

United Kingdom158 reviews
Global company with endless opportunities to work in different countries, different job roles and with various type of stakeholders. Working in Finance you can work for this company your entire work life and still be challenged every day to learn new things.
Whole Operations department got TUPE'd over to Ericsson in 2016/2017. To make good on the contract they shipped our jobs out to India where labour is dirt cheap.

Ericsson did not really care for us properly whilst we transferred over. We were seen as just a temporary commodity to be "care taken" until they could make good on their contract by making us redundant in the UK.

No real opportunities for the majority of staff to move into within the Ericsson organisation itself.

Would never work for this employer again!
Building 5G networks
By 2025, volumes of mobile data traffic are expected to increase by a factor of 4, and 45 percent of that traffic will be carried by 5G networks. Communication service providers now face three main challenges.
I have worked with Ericsson in many places and it has a great professional and family friendly culture.
The career opportunities are plenty but you need tonwork hard fro them.
Ericsson is a fantastic place to work and is a great company to work for. Ask any recruiter and Ericsson employees are the hardest to head hunt. The benefits are great the people are wonderful. I would highly recommend working for them.
The work was fast paced and the people were good to work with. Good culture and benefits. Work life balance was good but maybe too many meetings although good to be kept informed of company performance
Ericsson is a good company to work but curtain role can be very stressfull due nature of the work load and expectation from the management. Ericsson is one of th biggest telecom vendor and leading the 5G technology ahead of other competitors.
We were lied to and treated very poorly because Ericsson decided to offshore the Change Management team to India. Good money but that was the only good thing about the job.
Salaries are low compared to rest of the industry.
Management team is great.

Teams are siloed.

Great colleagues, professional people, good banter.

Flexible working hours.
I received a phone call a few days after the interview. I started the following week and the location was very convenient for me. The office was a Very friendly atmosphere. Great place to work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ericsson?
Don't bother to work for this company, as you will be made redundant in no time. They keep offshoring, automating and cutting teams. One person ends up doing work of at least 3 people.
wasn't appreciated, never felt valued, always under pressure to achieve unreasonable targets.poor management structure (managers always moving on), no clear direction within the company
35 hour week company car flexi time trips to Sweden. Mind you this was in 1979! lots of driving to customer sites fitting tone equipment followed by software design for their AXE exchanges. There was no hard parts
Ericsson is a good company to work for. The culture in the office is relaxed but can be very pressurised at certain times when big projects are on going. The management tends to be very hands on which is great.
the hardest part of the job depending on your role would be that your are expected to put in the hours needed when their is a big role out on going which can then conflict with your home life balance especially if you have young children.

the most rewarding part of the job was seeing your hard work come into fruition once the role out complete.
Ericsson for the first 17 years was a great company to work for. Unfortunately to the end of my time at the company the work procedures got in the way of actually doing the job and moral of the staff was negatively affected.
The Ericsson environment, where I face many different problems, is intense, innovative and adds new values. It's really fun to work in this environment.
Joined an unstructured graduate scheme, seems no one knew we were joining, took us weeks to get up and running on their systems. Expected to work 55 hour weeks with no overtime pay.
good telecom company and excellent prospects.well managed company with good history and leader in cutting edge telecommunications technology.Tough field field work in telecoms
Ericsson seems to have a range of incredible employees who are enthusiastic about what they do.

I never once encountered anyone I didn't get along with.
Pros
Flexible with working hours
Cons
Inadequate Training
Flexible working, loads of nights out, amazing management team. I absolutely love working here! There is a huge push on employee happiness, and many forums to share ideas on how we can improve.
No micromanagement, lovely office, and great team members.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Low salary increases
Ericsson is a great place to grow your career. They are working on cutting edge technology, have offices all over the world, and employ incredibly talented and passionate people who are great to work with. They move very fast, which can be tough for some, but those who are willing to move quickly can grow and build their skills in an accelerated and meaningful way.