Equiniti

Equiniti Employee Reviews

United Kingdom85 reviews
Got to meet great people. Stress free job. It was interesting to get an insight into the stock market and the knowledge I have within the finance sector has hugely benefited myself.
3 July 2020
Hi there,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. It's great to hear you've had the chance to meet great people at EQ. We have many support programmes in place to support our colleagues wellbeing.

Thanks,

EQ Team
i worked on the phones in the call centre and it was very stressful. Management had no consideration when they upskilled you, leaving you with minimal training, little to no help and your mental health affected. Some colleagues were friendly and approachable, but overall there was a very bad vibe in the office which made going to work a real chore everyday. Majority of people you speak to over the phone are nice, and sometimes you do get nasty people, but can you blame them when equiniti charge ridiculous high fees for reissuing a cheque or a certificate and taking weeks to have something sent out to a shareholder when a deadline is looming? The constant complaints do take its toll on you. Also there was no real communication to staff when new rules came in. For e.g, they increased the charge to sell shares, nobody was told this and i got into trouble for advising the wrong fee. Did not realise that part of the job was to consult my crystal ball and read minds? Overall this company is a shambles and should be avoided; no organisation or communication or compassion for the employees there (unless you were a favourite) at all. Good luck to anyone who applies to work here and remember; get friendly with the higher managment there if you want even the slightest chance of advancing your career with equiniti - hard workers are not rewarded with what they deserve, but the boss' mates are.
Pros
Interview was best part
Cons
not enough breaks, little communication, no compassion
There is scope to do well within this company if you are prepared to work hard. They were very flexible and had a good HR dept. Training was actively encouraged.
Pros
nice team of people
Cons
products are a bit boring
3 July 2020
Hi there,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. Great to hear you feel well supported at EQ!

Thanks,

EQ Team
The management only care about money and to reduce staff where they feel necessary without justification; disregarding human needs. Be careful where you step as they are not a peoples organisation
6 April 2020
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We would like to speak to you further regarding your comments, please contact recruitment@equiniti.com.

Equiniti Team
Silo operations and IT remote from London so frequent travel is required between business areas and IT location. This company grew by acquisition and therefore although there are experienced people working there , there is a lack of front tp back knowledge
27 March 2020

We hope you are well.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are always looking for ways to improve our business and would recommend any thoughts or ideas.

Please contact recruitment@equiniti.com if you would like to get in touch.

Best regards,

Equiniti
On a typical day I plan testing for the team, this is often challenging as the dates constantly move and we have limited resources available, we also have to factor in resources from the business. The best part of the job is the people I work with. My team are very hard working and get on well, they help each other and get the job done, they are flexible and reliable.
17 February 2020
Hi there,

Thank you for leaving an amazing 5* review! This was really pleasing to read.

All the best,

Equiniti Team
Constant phone calls and all shareholders moaning at you all the time and we can’t even say anything back to them. Makes you feel like rubbish. Love my team leader though, she is lovely, as well as a few more, and the people I started with are great too. Many moody people who have worked there for years though.
10 February 2020
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

It's great to read your positive review on your teams leadership and colleagues.

We wouldn't wish for any colleague to feel the way you have described so if there is any ideas which we can better support you and your team please contact recruitment@equiniti.com where we can discuss this further.

All the best,

Equiniti Team
The company is very productive and busy. There is always something to do. One of the best aspects is working in teams and engaging with colleagues in order to get things done right.
24 January 2020
Hi there,

Thank you for the great review - we're pleased to see you're enjoying your time with Equiniti!

Equiniti Team
Plenty of challenges in the current role i work with however this was based on the client rather EQ directly.
Great company to work for, plenty of support provided. Would recommend and would work for them again.
Hi there,

Thanks for leaving a good review, it's great to read your positive review on the support provided to colleagues and you would recommend us as an employer!

Many thanks,

Equiniti Team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Equiniti?
Firstly, my colleagues were lovely people who were trying their best in a toxic managment environment. I worked on some very interesting projects with people who were knowledgeable and happy to share information. The problem is senior management which is capricious, political, disloyal and bullying (truly - not an exaggeration). One day you would be the office star and the next quite often screamed at in public that you were the stupidest person on earth for no particular reason. There was no training and the working hours are ridiculous. The managing director is an insomniac workaholic and thinks everyone should work from 7 am to 10 pm and thinks nothing of ringing you up on Saturday morning to demand more work. Work assignments were chaotic with no line of responsibility or clear objective. The strategy of the work is basically to call people endlessly every single day until their secretaries block your call, the person bluntly tells you to stop calling them or they send a furious email to managment asking not to be bothered further. No thinking, no strategy. I am amazed that clients hire this firm. Staff turnover is around 90% every 18 months. No long term career prospects.
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experiences. We would be happy to discuss your comments further with you, please feel free to contact recruitment@equiniti.com.

Equiniti Team
First of all the pay isn't great for the work you do.

Managers were constantly changing.

Small teams with big workload and targets.

Awful atmosphere.

Equiniti Team
Very nice place to work. Only downfall is your breaks are timed to the exact minute and not much time to stretch your legs and relax in between. Free coffee machine is good too!
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, it's great to read your positive review on the working environment at Equiniti!

Should you wish to discuss any comments further please contact recruiment@equiniti.com.

Equiniti Team
Managers are a complete joke!
Certain staff members are so unprofessional and allowed to bully other staff members yet managers turn a blind eye. Staff leave with stress due to no support and the allowance of bullying to take place.

Promoting a bully and giving her more money and more power seemed to be the answer.

I wouldn’t work there again for a million pounds, disgusting treatment.

Equiniti Team
Culture and values are totally disorganised, management have no consistency, no values and no clue on training and development no adancemence Poor culture and HR and IT and Digital businesses are poor to work in

Equiniti Team
Leaving Equiniti was the best decision I ever made. There is no career opportunity. If your face does not fit you might as well give up. Procedures, policy all over the place. It would take me hours to find a file or a document in a folder

Equiniti Team
Over all its nice place to work
Product is so legacy and lake of product knowledge in the company is problem

Higher management is not clear and focused about the product
Hi there,

Thanks for leaving a 4* review! We would be happy to discuss your comments further with you, please feel free to contact recruitment@equiniti.com.

Equiniti Team
I've worked at the call centre for 10 years. My advice would be if you're thinking of applying, don't. Most of the higher management are nothing more than bullies. You will very quickly learn that you are not appreciated and the constant promises made by management for change are empty. Progression depends on who you know.
They move you around alot so you never really ake friends
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We would be happy to discuss your comments further with you, please feel free to contact recruitment@equiniti.com.

Equiniti Team
Great place to work, the Leadership are very supportive and understanding! Very good culture and atmosphere.
Good hours, no weekends or Bank Holidays, 6pm is the lastest you finish.
Pros
Solid Leadership Team & realistic targets
Cons
No on site canteen
Hi there,

Thank you for leaving a 5* review - it's great to read your feedback!

Equiniti Team
Productive & fun place to work.
Very demanding, long hours and high expectations from management. Highly rewarded financially through basic salary. Very strong work culture.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low pay
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a 4* review! It's great to read you have such a positive review on our colleagues and working culture.

Hi there,

Thank you for leaving a 4* review! It's great to read you're enjoying your role at Equiniti!

Equiniti Team
Constantly moving goal posts, poor communication from managers at all levels, poor salary with no bonus or increases or clear promotion ladder, poor morale.

Equiniti Team
Some Bad Management, and some bitter people who think their way is the only way and best way and not prepared to listen to others around them. Laughable really.