Epson Employee Reviews

expected the impossible
MANAGER, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, SMALL PRINTERS (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead29 January 2018
During my time at epson my career was on full throttle and was quickly offered a great opportunity to advance my career. Unfortunately what this resulted in was a situation in which I was moved from pillar to post having had 4 separate posts in the 2 years I have completed here.
Pros
great canteen
Cons
you are completely expendable. no human, only resources...
Nice place to work at.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Telford4 January 2018
Nice place where to work at, I enjoyed the time when I was working in this company, clean and warm, the thing I liked in this company is that they really care about helth and safety.
Awful
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Telford18 November 2017
The company is run so badly, morale amongst the staff is so low. No pay rise for many years I have no idea how people stay there for long periods of time. Seniors and managers only look after themselves, anyone else is worthless to them. So corrupt and alot of illegal activities go on behind closed doors. Awful company to work for.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
No progression, treated like a number
Challenging but great experience
MPS Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home office based15 November 2017
A typical day of my job with all of my previous employers could change rapidly throughout the day which was the fun part I guess. One minute I would be training new starters, then presenting to a brand new reseller where I would sign up and account manage.

My role with all of the manufacturers I have worked with has always been a challenge, but very rewarding and offering some fantastic times with great success stories and memories.

The hardest part of the job was very long and unsociable hours, very large and ever increasing sales targets, however that never deterred me to be successful.
Pros
Lots of European travelling, good pension, healthcare, company car, staff sales and many other perks.
Cons
Long hours and ever incresing sales targets
Good Team Spirit
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  UK6 November 2017
Friendly inclusive atmosphere although were not inclined to develop staff. 9-5 attitude is accepted providing good work life balance. Good management team at the time.
Pros
Inclusive
Cons
Lack of development
Considered opinion of an ex member of staff
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire13 October 2017
Epson Telford is run from Japan, the local managers have no say in any changes and big decisions are made elsewhere. They do not welcome any ideas or local changes.
There is a culture of "hire and fire", staff loyalty does not mean a thing.
Pros
Leaving on time
Cons
arriving on time
Ordered work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Telford11 October 2017
Average salary at best but good advancement and training options available.
Run with a Japanese mindset so everything is very procedural and carefully monitored and controlled.
Fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Philippines24 August 2017
Shifting Schedule..day and night.Overtime if needed..learning to inspect all thing to be clear no material should be left during packaging. Management always conduct rotation audit during working hour. workplace good people busy at working.
Pros
salary deduction lunches
Cons
8 to 9 hours
No security
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire31 July 2017
You need to be a speed typist and be able to hit targets of 10 mins or less to complete your SLA

You dont need previous experince to do this postion but accuracy and the ability to multitasks Eg. research issues. talk to customer, update team, write notes ETC.
Operative worker (Former Employee) –  Telford9 July 2017
Day to day duties included working on a production line for epson ink cartridges for printers which was a grueling task aswell as tiresome at times but good.
Fast-paced but fun
Marcomms Associate (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire8 December 2016
Epson Europe BV has a large marketing team which covers all elements of the marketing mix so job roles can be quite specific. The wider team work very collaboratively and cohesively which supports a great camaraderie among colleagues.
Pros
Great location and working environment
Cons
Not much scope for progression
warehouse operative
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Telford30 August 2016
I did not enjoy this job very much as I was standing up all shift and my co workers were hard to get on with as they were full time staff and I was agency staff
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours standing up for 12 hours
Good Team
Dispatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford2 June 2016
this was a long time ago but i did enjoy working here and it fitted in with my family life. i am still in touch with a few of the others that worked here. I did get into admin work here which i am pleased with.
Pros
got a printer free for the local school
Cons
factory setting noisy
Very stressful working environment
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford2 March 2016
I believe Epson telford is a stressful working environment and that they are often understaffed adding pressure to other colleagues.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Quality20 July 2015
Having worked at Epson Telford Ltd for 19 years I have learnt many aspects from building printers to making Ink Cartridges. Then onto Quality Inspecting and Quality Auditing in 2009. Q- Pulse documentation, Health and Safety in 2013. I enjoy working with many people, on a daily basis I am liasing with Planning, Production, Warehouse, Quality, Ink Labartory and Ink Blending. I do not have any parts of my job I find difficult I only find some jobs can be more time consuming than others. The most enjoyable part of my job is not knowing what to expect on a daily basis which makes the day more interesting.
Pros
Holiday's
Cons
Permission to leave work site early and Pay
productive and fun workplace
Line assembler (Former Employee) –  telford1 April 2015
good working environment working along side good people in a clean and tidy workplace. the management team are very helpful and involved. the hardest part of the job is working in a fast paced production line but makes up by working with good happy staff.
Pros
good caffeteria
Cons
standing on feet in same spot for hours
Good working conditions
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford20 March 2015
Epson had good working conditions, helpful supervisors, neat environment and a good pay too. I really enjoyed every moment at Epson. Its was more like a family over there.
Fun and peaceful working place
student (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 September 2014
I learnt how to manage things in a given time and how to work effectively on computers and use the software I was told to use.
Pros
good food
Cons
Encouraging workplace with great management
Business Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead25 August 2014
Epson is a lovely place to work with all the support from Director level down to colleague. I would recommend the opportunity to wok here to anyone.
uncertain future
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, ENG4 July 2014
at present i work a two shift system 6am to 2pm &12 to 8pm.
tend to move around the warehouse during the day,doing different jobs
Pros
flexible holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epson. Our community is ready to answer.

Epson Reviews by Location