Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Awful Management/HR teams
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Helier27 November 2018
This place has terrible management skills. The culture is negative and it really is 'who you know' in this place.
HR is not supportive at all and do not deal with complaints or support staff, this place is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked in. This place lacks professionalism and I have experienced many staff members being bullied in this place by management with HR not intervening in such serious matters, and as a result the turnover is very high. I would not recommend this place, it has a very long way to go.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Management is terrible, HR is unhelpful and slow, lack of professionalism, lack of support, staff over worked
Unsupported, it’s who you know & not what you know!
Pathology (Former Employee) –  Pathology26 November 2018
right from the start it has be a joke, HR failed on numerous occasions, my line manger very unsupportive, and the whole hospital is a data entry unprofessional mess.
Pressured to leave because of my disability,
I became embarrassed to say I actually worked for the trust and because of this left.
Pros
Made some nice friends
Cons
Under staffed, no managerial support
Hospital doctor
NHS Doctor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2018
Hospital focus mainly on service provision. Little regard for training and development opportunities. Lack of resources. However, colleagues were great and generally very supportive.
Not a nice place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey25 September 2018
I took a job here few months ago with a very positive attitude but soon that has changed. I feel this place lack development opertunities and management is awful.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Over worked under staffed
Severely understaffed, negative atmosphere
Coordinator band 5 (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey24 August 2017
I started at Epsom hospital few months ago with lots of energy but feeling drained already. My line manager doesn't have much time to see me or to support me, my new colleagues are busy doing their things. There is a lot of negative attitude that spreads quickly and is not healthy. Working here is very stressful.
Pros
Some colleagues are nice, you gain experience of working for a large organisation
Cons
Severely understaffed in alll departments, stressful, not enough support for new starters
Friendly atmosphere
Shadowing staff (Former Employee) –  Epsom8 August 2017
I spent a week shadowing surgeons and anaesthesiologists at Epsom hospital for work experience. The staff were extremely friendly and willing to help with any problems that arose.
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey4 June 2017
Have loved every minute of working here. Especially our patients. Staff are friendly, a and e drs always go above and beyond the call of duty. Great pension and subsidised staff canteen.
Pros
Pension
Not a great workplace
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carshalton26 January 2017
I learnt a lot and was willing to do a lot, but there was no support from managers and team.

The management and team were not a great support and the workplace culture was negative.
Benefits
Cons
No career opportunities
The nhs
Desktop Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Carshalton16 September 2016
A good place to work, but with little money, IT has struggled. Because of this our system are now outdated which create problems for the rest of the Trust.