Epilepsy Society

Epilepsy Society Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
A good company to work for. I was only bank receptionist but I knew early on that there wouldn't be much opportunity to work any reasonable length of time as the permanent receptionist hardly took time off and they never trained me for the second receptionist role in the other department which they were supposed to.
There's a family feel here - the doctors are experts in their field and they are kind and compassionate with the patients. The consultants keep abreast with new technology and also with new pharmaceuticals. The residents are cared for by well trained and compassionate staff.
i Enjoyed my time working with epilepsy society I learnt many skills whilst working with them.
The management is very good

Very good company enjoyed working

Learnt new experience
The worst company to work for, run by and managed by idiots, very big blame culture as well. I would not recommend to anyone to work for them. thank you
Epilepsy Society is the UK’s leading provider of epilepsy services. It is a good place to work. Through their cutting edge research, awareness campaigns, information resources and expert care, they work for everyone affected by epilepsy in the UK.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
I love working in QEH at the Epilepsy society it is like working for a family. I feel valued and can work shifts to suit me. I am given a lot of training opportunities, and management are approachable.
Helping residents with day to day care.
How to be more patient with people.

The management are ok but bad at organisation.

The culture is OK, people care a lot about the residents
Pros
Rewarding when helping someone
Cons
The salary and lack of team work
nice place to work
I have learned a lot since working at the epilepsy society

I gained more confidence

nice environment to work in

able to progress more
A fantastic department to work for within a friendly environment and hard working team. No two days are alike with a variety of jobs to complete across a large site. Training and development is provided for all employees to suit their needs and career progression. Regular team meetings with the head of department help to keep everyone informed of the department's success and developments. The estates department has built a great reputation across the society over the last few years and provides a service crucial to the need of our service users. It is an extremely rewarding job knowing that you are doing your bit to make the lives of people in need more comfortable and enjoyable.
Pros
Free Parking, Family like environment, flexible, training and development.
I have spent in the company 11 years, learning a lot about epilepsy and challenging behaviour. Found every day rewarding and satisfying providing care to people with epilepsy and helping them in everyday challenges. I have been working with committed team of employees and management. It has been a true life changing experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Epilepsy Society?
Has had a lot of senior team management changes. Recent changes leading to redundancies resulting in shortage of staffing across the organisation. But seems to be money for trival things such as new air con system in senior management offices (allegedly) and security team (which no one sees aroud the organisation). Very poor communication and involvement between senior management and front line workers.
Culture of blame and lack of owning responsibility for mistakes or poor choices.

Poor moral overall in organisation!

Incentives for workers to work up a pay scale by undergoing trainings taken away/reduced dramatically.

However, front line workers generally are caring and passionate about providing good qulaity care for service users.
Pros
Front line workers caring and passionate about providing good care
Cons
Blame culture, lack of taking responsibility of own actions, Poor-to non career progression
: I have an open mind, a readiness to learn and improve; identified from a young age that learning is a life-long process. Teaching sports in primary schools has further taught me new things.
Check in with nurses to find out any issues that may of happened.
Complete temperature charts for fridges and freezers.

Work out how much food needs to be cooked for patients.

Check with the cleaners and notify them of any areas of concern.

Arrange any bed movements that need to happen.

Help with clerking in new patients and discharging others.

Serving lunch, placing orders.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference to people.

The hardest part is when I can't help someone but I always try to get the answers or direct them to the correct person.
Pros
free parking
Cons
No pay rises
A challenging and stimulating place to work. Every day was different.

Working with a very diverse group of clients and patients.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to progress a career
Cons
Challenge to keep up with ever changing landscape of health and social care
Volunteering for Epilepsy Society was a great way to build confidence in working with others and providing individuals with their needs and was rewarding to be part of a team who helped those with learning disabilities take part in a range of activities.
Pros
Learning about individual needs, confidence in aiding people with learning disabilities, being part of a team that cares
Cons
Epilepsy Society- Working at the Gowers assessment Unit under the direction of the Manager, to assist in providing care and assessment of patients with epilepsy. Assisting in identifying, implementing and evaluating patients care and treatment in conjunction with members of the multidisciplinary team. Carrying out health assessment, pre admission of patients.
Pros
enjoy the challenges
Cons
shift work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epilepsy Society. Our community is ready to answer.