Environment Agency

Environment Agency Employee Reviews

United Kingdom48 reviews
Occasionally good place to work
Occasionally good place to work unless you're in certain cliques and to be a brown noser then your advancement will take place if you sit back and do your job your face will not fit and you will not get anywhere.
A political environment
Its about bottom covering. Some great people but upper management appear incompetent AND dodgy. It was sometimes like working in an alternative universe where up was down.
relaxed great work life balance but not very challenging
Not too much for engineers to do as almost everything is contracted out. Not challenging and management don't care too much.
Training agreement is basically all about moving from team to team without picking up many engineering skills and it's just focused on the ICE attributes. Otherwise great place to work especially i you get involved in incident roles. Someone with initiative can have the opportunity for some good training
Interesting work with a great team of people
It has been a great experience and I'll be sad to leave. I have been able to help make a difference to clients seeking permits on the Water Quality team, even if only in a small way. A great atmosphere and great staff.
Lab assistant
The job was interesting doing different tests learning new tests doing none organic and organic soil testing was cool different format to other lab work managers both friendly easy going staff and all very good, I was cover for a worker on maternity leave I blew it sort of regret it would of if was kept on
A Very good organisation with excellent staff
Working for the Environment Agency has been a very enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend it. Colleagues are kind helpful and dedicated. The work life balance is good
All ok
Enjoyed working although became boring and mundane at times money was ok it just became same and I need and like more challenges in my work environment a lot of the time you just repeat unnecessarily work and I simply got bored so took early retirement
Hard work but rewarding.
Rewarding work as long as you are willing to work long hours and at unsociable hours. Ecological work looking after the environment and humans effected by flooding is important and these companies are doing a good job.
Pros
Contacts
Cons
unsociable hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Environment Agency?
cat
sat mat long strong pong gong life wife strife care share bare pare house mouse cat sat heavy light tight might fight kite might site sight how cow sow far car
Great Organisation to work for
If you are serious about developing your career and are motivated in pursuit of your goals the Environment Agency is a great organisation to work for. From early on in my career I was given great levels of responsibility and throughout my career I was always given high profile projects
A great place to build your confidence and character
It's a genuinely nice place where people actually care about YOU - a bit weird initially but it's an inclusive environment and they value you what you think.
Avoid at all costs
Lazy staff, incompetent management!
After working here as a field team member I can see why there are so many floods across the country, and it all boils down to the staff being lazy and cannot be bothered to do any work.
very interesting company to work for with a variety of work
excellent company to work for well looked after and plenty of opportunity to train and progress. worked in a small but made to feel valued. work was very rewarding and I enjoyed every day of it..
Pros
transport and uniform supplied.
Cons
none that i can think of
Intimate friendly working environment.
A friendly working environment, variations in daily roles, supportive team. I small lab, good place to start as a graduate as it is a good learning experience.
Management seem to put up barriers to stop you getting the work doned . Nine day fortnight. Standby payment. Pension is very good. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Pension
Efficient
From the brief time I did work experience there, it was highly professional. It opened my eyes to how serious and organized systems are, especially in the public sector.

I learnt how to approach an interview, with their practice session.

They're excellent at managing sites which may damage the environment under legislation and they have good branches committed to such caused/ their enforcement.

From what I saw, the hardest part would be keeping up with terminology, with a lot of environmental terms (especially chemicals, appearing as acronyms)
Pros
Efficiency
Cons
A very precise work ethic
A great place to work
Have worked for the EA for last 18 years and been lucky enough to work across a number of positions gaining experience in all aspects of the work the EA does.

The overall pay and benefits package (including one of best performing pension schemes in the public sector) is ok and with the EA's role in incident response there are opportunities to earn overtime helping to deliver this response.

Like most workplaces it is the people that make it a great place to work, but the variety of work and development opportunities make this a great place to develop a career.
Pros
people, diverstiy of people and work
Cons
can be process driven and bureaucratic
amazing
it was awesome to work my dissertation with the agency people is very friendly and always able to help
A good place to work with like minded people who want to protect our beautiful environment.
My day and job can be very varied. Planning training for staff at all levels, creating Emergency plans or developing exercises. Liaising with professionals from other emergency organisations and helping members of staff as my local area customers. The hardest part of my job is the volume of work but I enjoy being busy and welcome my daily challenges.
I am a big people person and enjoy working with people from all sorts of external organisations.
Pros
Always enjoy going to work
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
Good work/life balance - poor management team.
As above basically - there is a very good organisation at the core here, with real passion and dedication. However, the support infrastructure is poorly run with no identifiable leadership talent.
Productive but relaxed atmosphere.
A good place to work. With flexible working times and a relaxed atmosphere in the office. Approachable management meant that problems got resolved quickly.