Envigo Employee Reviews

Privatisation
Employee (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon9 April 2019
This company is rapidly going downhill.
As is the same for all companies that are privatised, all profits are funnelled to the new directors and the majority workforce are ignored and treated like disposable utensils!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
All perks removed
reasonably ok for experience
BIOANALYSIS - Senior scientist (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon27 March 2019
Stay for some experience and move on. too much work for little salary. not worth it, so just work here for some experience, very little chance of progression unless you're the corporate colour
Pros
very very few
Cons
not worth the salary
Improvement needed
Animal Technologist (Current Employee) –  animal department14 January 2019
Good for starting with this industry. Overworked- 12 days on and 2 off plus additional overtime
Under payed for this type of work
low moral in all animal areas.
lack of training.
Staff turnover is high.
Pros
Good for starting in this industry
Cons
very long hours- 12 days on 2 off, bad management, low moral
Hated it.
Licensed animal technician (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire5 January 2019
Absolutely hated my time with Envigo. Higher management not interested in staff health and well being at all. Have no interest in furthering anyone's career although this was promised. Most staff were nice enough but some were very childlike and only interested in themselves. Wages are far from appealing for the work that is expected of people. If you make any kind of mistake no matter how small you get thrown to the wolves. I would not work back here.
Car crash of a company
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire13 October 2018
Get out while you can !! One minute they tell you not to worry about your job, the next minute everyone is being made redundant.
I wouldn’t even step foot in the other sites. The company is in serious financial trouble. The higher management tell you what you want to hear, but are leaving and looking for jobs themself.
Pay is not so great.
The work load is so busy, one study in, one study out, no appreciation at all. If your face fits you will get promoted, otherwise no matter how good you are, you will always be a technician. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
If you like working with school leavers, then this job is perfect for you.
Cons
To much to write
Not a nice place
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire9 September 2018
Not a good place to work. Poor salary. unforgiving when technicians make mistakes. Treat people like robots. I would rather live on streets than work there.
Terrible company, a knife in the back of staff to save money culture.
Manager (Former Employee) –  UK wide31 August 2018
As soon as the instruction goes out to make savings some directors, who want to save their own skin, think making multiple redundancies is the way to achieve those savings.
Look what I've done and the savings I've made scenario.
They lie to your face about the future whilst planning your redundancy knowing what they are saying will never happen.
Massive them and us culture between business sites, salary and benefits differ across the company because of it, which obviously creates resentment. Zero trust in the upper management because they only think about the dollar and not their people. Small, government protected, company that bit off more than it could chew so the acquired companies and staff are the first to suffer.
If you can get a job stacking shelves at a big supermarket chain then do so as the pay will be better and you will be treated better.
Pros
Some of the benefits are quite good.
Cons
The company, Envigo.
Great Working Environment & Great People
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alconbury, Cambridgeshire10 July 2018
I have worked at Envigo for nearly 12 months. I am genuinely proud to work for an organisation that makes a difference. The executive committee are open and honest and always give the staff regular updates about what is going on at Envigo.
Pros
Restaurant, People, Free Parking, Holiday Purchase, Free hot drinks
Overworked, Underpaid and not appreciated
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire29 May 2018
Seriously overworked with no recruitment incoming. Management is incredibly short sighted and doesn't look at the big picture. Treated with no respect and not a fair salary. Envigo doesn't care about its staff and is like a black hole.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Management, Salary, Job Satisfaction
Awful
Animal technician (Former Employee) –  Belton, Leicestershire26 May 2018
Terrible company, slave labour & awful treatment of staff & animals. Cleaning hundreds of cages is literally all the job is, very manual as your lifting the metal base of the cage and scraping the muck into a bin, so be prepared to ache alot.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
dont help when injured
Trainee Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Loughborough22 May 2018
lost my job due to a workplace injury, they made no attempt to help with recovery or finding work within in the company which there was many. wouldn't recommend
poorly managed
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire9 February 2018
Enviro acquired our thriving small consultancy and ran it into the ground before deciding to close the office and we were made redundant. The office closure was never formally communicated to the rest of our colleagues in other offices. After many loyal years we were effectively shown out the back door with no thanks or goodbye from the company whatsoever. Staff are lovely but sorely unappreciated. Hire staff turnover.
Pros
Lovely colleagues
Cons
Do not value their staff
good
Animal Technician (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire7 February 2018
well supported as a team member. Hard work but fun. salary could be better. no two days are the same. colleagues are friendly and approachable..........
not a fun place to work
cage wash (Former Employee) –  Suffolk19 January 2018
Not a good place to work but workers are good the managers do not listen to its workers long working day wage not good and no life outside work and under staffed all the time with high turn over the more you give the more thay want
Pros
good workers
Cons
Not the best Job I have had.
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Alconbury18 December 2017
A typical day at work was back breaking labour while all the people who had been there longer would watch you and nag, even though they were supposed to help and train you. You end up chasing people to get trained and even that leads to nothing, while putting up with the most abhorrent behaviour from the current long-term members of staff.
I learnt nothing, except how to scrape up poo.
The management is under improvement, though still has a LONG way to go before they are acceptable.
The workplace culture.... Rude, stand-offish, constant talking about all staff. Also, being hated and ostracised from the beginning for absolutely no reason, apart from the fact everyone there is overworked and underpaid, was definitely not a plus in my book.
Hardest part was dealing with the nasty people in the department. That is also level with being paid minimum wage for working 12 day weeks!
There was quite literally nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
Free lunch on your first day
Cons
12 day weeks, minimum wage, horrible staff
unfair pay
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Shardlow, Leicestershire12 December 2017
I started working here as a way to gain experience before moving on. I work with a good group of people, and whilst the job can be repetitive it has been enjoyable. changes to hours and claiming of overtime/ flexi accumulation has lead to discussions of pay. I am absolutely disgusted with the discrepancies of pay, the lack of clarity of any pay scales and feel completely let down by management.
no fun
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Belton, Leicestershire28 September 2017
Hours are ok, there's flexibility if you need it, some staff take the micky and management don't care really, as long as there alright.
Interview process is lengthy and not worth it, with what they pay
A lot of upheaval since the buy out and management re-structure
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire26 July 2017
A friendly atmosphere but there has been a lot of upheaval and management re-structure since the buy out of another company and CEO change.
My role has been relocated to US so I am being made redundant
Not enjoyable.
Animal technician (Former Employee) –  Belton24 July 2017
Workplace culture is poor.
Overworked and under paid.
When we were struggling to achieve high standard of care required through lack of staff or poor equipment, was told by managers it didn't matter if standards slipped.
Licensed Animal Technician (Current Employee) –  Suffolk29 June 2017
my normal daily work load consists of multiple duties such as the follow; checking of the animals AM and PM.Licensed procedures, husbandry ie, cleaning and replacing of animal bedding, feeding, clinical signs and watering.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Envigo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5