Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Found 277 reviews matching the search See all 9,272 reviews
Worst company ever
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Car, UK19 November 2018
In interview lied about the weekend working situation which was a very important thing to myself and when in the role you are understaffed understocked and expected to work over and above your working hours to meet the needs of the business even though no business change will ever occur to allow this not to be the case. Most members of management have been promoted based on sales figures that when in branch everyone in the company tried to manipulate in order to achieve their goal, no figures anyone achieves are balanced with high quality service.
Pros
Cons
avoid this job at all costs
Unreasonable hours and poor pay.
Sales (Current Employee) –  South10 November 2018
Absolute joke.
70 hour weeks and forced to work seven days a week on most occasions. Most people want to leave and using the experience for a stepping stone.
Disorganised, never enough cars for the orders. Bosses never have a solution, either ignore or just expect more.
Rely on false promise to university graduates.
Ask about their staff retention? And staff off with stress?
For your own health and quality of life AVOID.
Pros
Drive nice cars
Cons
Too many to list
Nice place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester Oldham6 November 2018
Not hard work, u can drive many new and exlusive cars, u working like cleaner and driver this cars... I don't know what I can say more about that job.
Unpleasant experience
Vehicle Repair Coordinator / CSR (Current Employee) –  Heathrow5 November 2018
Unfortunately Enterprise make you work more than you're suppose to as you would expect with any cooperate company. In this company it's all about who you know, not what you know and what you do. Worked over a year and no sign of progression. It's all about sucking up to people. If you can't do that then don't bother wasting your time
Pros
None seen in the last 21 months
Cons
Long hours and lunch breaks don't exist
Fun yes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham29 October 2018
I goo becouse I need more money is a good job but I don’t have fixed programming and no pay for overtime I work 10 to 14 and I don’t get paid for extra hours
Pros
No benefits
Cons
Yes long hours
Reasonable place to start career prepare for long hours
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland23 October 2018
You really need to be prepared to work really hard to succeed here as you will work 50 plus hours a week which is hard enough, but also demoralising when you break down the fact your hourly rate is just on minimum wage. Just beware your 20,000 salary is over 50 hours, very tough to have a workalike balance.

I learnt a lot of management skills and this is very much a plus point but be prepared for hard decisions which are detrimental to the success of finishing on time any hesitation and say hello to a very late finish.

Customer Service is very important to the company but you will find yourself being told to cancel customers by management as they haven't enough cars but still the bookings keep coming meaning more calls. But when you have the cars and all things are smooth you can really banter well with the customers.

A good thing is you can progress quickly if you put the effort in and all jobs at assistant manger level or above are internally offered

Overall if you have a lot of commitments in the evening this may not be the job for you but if your willing to put career progression in front of your own welfare this is definitely the one for you
Pros
Some Free Coffee, Bonuses.
Cons
Long Arms, Low wage compared to Hours
Place to learn and earn
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire17 October 2018
Worked at enterprise for 4 years.
each day can be different task will involve serving customers, picking them up, delivering cars and doing day to day admin tasks on running the branch. I learnt how a business is run and made a profit. Many logistic skill and got promoted to assistant manager which paid well.
You do work long hours, 50 hours a week minimum and that does involve 1 in 2 saturdays on average.
You do get to meet nice people, learn a lot about business and drive some nice cars.
Pros
Good promotion prospects, free lunches night out
Hours Ridiculous
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North West17 October 2018
Mad hours, no breaks, business is run on a shoe string for maximum profits, customers are treated well, staffed used to be but not now, staff are being squeezed and squeezed. Success heavily relies on management and being placed in a good batch
It sent me in to depression...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire16 October 2018
Management only want to push you for more money and don't care how long your working for as long as it gets done. Example 70/80 hour weeks with overtime being absolutely pathetic!

They state they have an amazing work/life balance when it's anything but! It ruined my relationship at the time due to no time at home, lost many friends outside the company. However will say that they create a family vibe at times with people that you would grab a beer with outside the company. I have kept friends since leaving.

However it really was the worst company ever!
Good, but sells too many dreams and not enough reality
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex16 October 2018
work for 10+ hours a day 5-6 days a week minimum and if at an airport location you will be outside for long periods in the day in 1 location, charging people a lot of money for any damage to a car.
learn fast depending on if in a local or airport location.
management are fair but also some can be outrageously rude.
amazing dynamic and good ethnic diversity.
hardest part of the job is retaining your passion to work when unable to live like a normal person.
most enjoyable part of the job was socialising.
its ok
cs advisor (Current Employee) –  Home Based10 October 2018
the hardest part of the job is the isolation and the lack of training with new role outs of process from the US .The job is reliant on skype chats and emails no real face time contact
Fast paced work environment
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset.10 October 2018
This is a company that rewards hard work. It is demanding but if you work hard you get back what you put in. The salary and benefits are reasonable for the role and there are opportunities to progress if you are willing to commute or relocate.
This job is a career not a job and you have to be willing to sacrifice a typical ideal work life balance in order to thrive. However, if you value your career and progression as the most important thing then is is a great company to work for.
Pros
Job variety. No two days are the same.
Not Enjoyable
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire2 October 2018
Early starts and late finishes, never knowing what time you would get home from work due to poor contracts. Running out of rental cars frequently leaving customers stranded for hours on end and hen having to deal with that customer when delivering the vehicles.
Pros
Driving top of the range cars
Cons
Long Hours - Pay inadequate
poor workplace
Reservations Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire3 September 2018
bullying and hypocrisy is the normal day to day. lack of help when dealing with mental health and bereavement,which is then held against you. would not recommend this workplace
Welcoming and hardworking
Vehicle specialist coordinator (Former Employee) –  203 London road staines30 August 2018
I learned many skills working here such as timekeeping and teamworkingI made new friends who taught me new skills and I also helped them out in return
Pros
Free lumch
Cons
Long houra
homebased
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  london23 August 2018
loved working for this company as it was based working from home in my own environment which allowed me at the time to work within my own comfort due to medical conditions at the time.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not that social
Great Job Security
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex22 August 2018
There are many different roles in the company. When working in the branches, the hours can be very long and it is sometimes difficult to find the work life balance but since moving to a role outside of the branch I definitely enjoy work more.
Graduate Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Crawley19 August 2018
If you buy into the company ethos you will go very far. Work hard play hard mentality, left for a more secure job with better wages. I would recommend to graduates not for anyone else.
Pros
Free lunches, great if you are good at sales
Money & Sales Hungry
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Omagh, County Tyrone13 August 2018
-Sales Focused Environment.
-Very Little structure
-Tough to get Work-Life-Balance
-Often required to work overtime, for which you receive no extra pay or thanks
fast paced, long days with good benefits and progression
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Didcot11 August 2018
Over my first year with Enterprise, I've been promoted twice and had a lot of up and downs. Work life balance is non existent due to the fast paced nature of the role. If you're committed you'll never go home with basic salary which is my drive.
Pros
progression
Cons
work life balance, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K