Enterprise Holdings
Updates from Enterprise Holdings:

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

United Kingdom435 reviews
Good Managamnet.
The management was very good, there was always support when you needed it especially as he environment became stressful most of the time.

The office worked well as a team which is what I enjoyed most.
Rife with discrimination and bullying
Enterprise pick up lots of awards to boost their profile, but they likely pay for these, submit dishonest applications or corruptly influence through relationships. It gives a totally misleading view of the company to prospective employees. They terminated loads of good employees during Covid and left everyone struggling with no income rather than furlough. Salaries were dropped for those remaining and everyone told to get credit cards. Nice. Many have families with children and will lose their homes now. No job security here. I witnessed the whole European legal department resign some years back, the entire department. Something I’ve never seen anywhere before. The lady who led the department was really lovely, black, great reputation I heard from the people I asked, but she up and walked with the whole team. One day I really hope she speaks up publicly for all the small people who get ignored. It was due to some pretty bad racial discrimination and unethical conduct apparently, but no one would talk about it openly, likely scared, all the lawyers just quit & Enterprise had to get loads of interims to join - then I see HR broadcasting another diversity award. Really their should be ethical regulators to protect employees from companies like these.
Enjoyed my time at Enterprise
My job was very demanding and involved a lot of travelling ( organising meetings abroad). I loved the work and the company and the people I worked with.

I looked after 3 VP's calendars arranged travel throughout Europe and USA. also expenses .

The role involved a lot of add hock work.
Covid 19 redundancy
Doesn't care about employees. Has made many people redundant during covid 19 rather than using the furlough scheme. left many staff struggling to pay bills and has told them to take out credit cards to help. very disappointing.
Overall well rounded experience
Great opportunity to engage in all aspects of business and progress quickly within a fast paced dynamic organisation alongside great team members. Would highly recommend if your willing to work hard and progress quickly, thus job-role is highly demanding and requires the ability to proactively respond to problems and balance numerous tasks in and amongst serving customers. Flexibility is key and subsequently can result in long working hours so please consider this.
Do not apply here
The mission statement and marketing material states that the business puts employees and customers first. This is not true. They do not care about the people. Do not apply here
Cons
Long hours, they don't care, they have their favourites
Great company to work for!
Managed my own time in a friendly and safe working environment. Fast-paced, competitive and rewarding. Very well organised company and great employee benefits!
Pros
Great employee benefits
Ok
Ok to work for long hours . Have to work every weekend to earn enough money to live. Good banter with other drivers and management good. Not a bad place to work but Corona has crippled the business.
Fast paced with poor work life balance
Fast-paced with poor work-life balance. People are great but management can be out of touch with day to day operations.

However still a great place to start your career in business management.

Nothing more to add.
Tough but rewarding
A very fast paced challenging work environment that will push you to work harder than you through possible. Good friendly atmosphere on the most part and good ethics.
Productive and fast paced
If you have it in you to work hard and can manage long hours you will thrive here with great opportunities for fast promotions. Some managers are highly focused on results, so if you want merit and recognition for hard work this is not always the best working environment. Some branches are very competitive, whereas some are more relaxed.
Good experience
If you're looking for good experience in a fast paced environment ERAC is your job. Although, there are definitely favourites and if you're not part of the "in crew" you're not going to get a promotion. Working sometimes 14 hour shifts and on £8 an hour... it's really not worth it.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No work/life balance
Driver valet
Pretty easy job cleaning cars & vans then delivery & pick up of off hired cars & vans within a 25 mile radius of the depot occasionally having go to another depot for vehicles
Pros
Driving brand new cars getting cheap rentals
Cons
Long hours as 95% daily occupancy rate
Don't work here, you will regret it!
I worked here some time ago now and it is still the 2nd worst job I've had since leaving school in the late 1990s. The pay was rubbish along with the annual leave you could never get as it was always short staffed and over worked. You can only get in here as a driver/cleaner through Assured agency which is much worse than this place itself. Poor pay and stupidly long hrs in the week with only 1 day off a week if your lucky? I worked here for a few moths by that time I was worn to the point where I just left without giving my months notice. All I can say is don't even think about working here as most people leave or are sacked within a year. Huge staff turnaround even to this day. I hope in the next few years from now with the current crisis going on at present they will close down but these good things don't normally happen! But one can only hope for all our sake's.
Fast Paced Competitive Environment
I heard about Enterprise through a careers fair at university and at first it sounded ideal so I applied, went through the very long interview process and finally received the job. Throughout the multiple stages of the Interview process Enterprise talked about how much they value their employees, which made you feel special and like you made the right decision. However, after working at Enterprise for a couple of months you realise that you're just an Enterprise robot like everyone else doing the same tasks day in and out. The hours were insane and you would never know what time you would finish work, if the work wasn't finished by 6pm you'd have to stay behind as long as it took, which sometimes was 11pm and later. Overtime was paid at a much lower hourly rate and overall it was awful trying to balance your life with such crazy hours working from 7am to around 7/8pm on average. I would only recommend this job if you like working under constant pressure and stress, because that's what it was everyday. In the end I was made redundant because of the COVID-19 scenario even though the government recommend businesses to not lay their staff off and instead furlough them so they would still receive 80% of their salary. However, Enterprise was not interested in that and did not show any signs of simplicity for all of its interns across the UK and many other employees. The only positive thing that I can say about the job is that all the people across the different branches are amazing to work with. Everyone at Enterprise is genuinely very nice, friendly and easy to get along with and - more...
Pros
Great colleagues and managers, Rewards for doing well, Free food
Cons
Long hours, Extremely hard to book off holiday, Constant pressure and stress
fast paced and stressful
There is a constant pressure within the working environment, and the work-life balance is poor. But generally there is a lot to learn from the experience and the progression is apparent.
Productive and Developing
As a branch manager at Enterprise Rent A Car my typical day would start of with a morning meeting with all my office staff reviewing our goals and targets for the day. It would consist of myself going over with each staff member and asking what they would like to do throughout the day after we have gone over the branches goals and targets.

Within management in Enterprise I have learnt, your staff and customers is the most valuable thing as a manager. You need to make sure staff development is key in order to make sure the level of service to every customer meets to the managers standards. Regular communication with each staff member is very important in order to be a successful manager and maintain a successful branch.

The workplace culture is different in every branch as its dependant on the manager. For me example the culture I would create in my branches would be a positive and approachable atmosphere, so my staff can come to myself or any management if they have any questions or assistance they need. This worked well from a service point of view as my staff was happy so the service that they gave the customers would be a positive approach.

After 5 years the hardest part of the job was perfecting a work life balance. Enterprise taught me a lot about how to manage time and being organised but when being a branch manager it's as if its your running own business. So they hours would usually consist of being 7:30 - 18:30 and after that it would be hard to gauge into any after work activities.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the staff and colleagues
 - more...
Very stressfull but rewarding
Very rewarding place to improve your career. A lot of hard work though and a lot of hours. Not for everyone, but business does treat you well. only work here if your prepared for hard work
Demanding Workplace
Typical work day involves working a 10hr+ shift, busy from the start till the end and alot of overtime and alway running late. Customers are the top priority. Do not get paid enough for how hard you work, don't get paid enough for the hours you do. Pros of working for enterprise is if you're working alongside a good team, learning to work with many different types of people and customers, problem solving. Cons are that you're not given any powers as an employee, customers control you..working crazy hours for little money, repetitive work.
God
This company is not very good
It’s ok who wants to do only under 10hours and I didn’t like the management and also they don’t follow profftional boundaries like manager
Pros
Not good
Cons
Bit good
Company full of predators
The basic hours are a minimum of 50, so once you calculate your hourly wage it is appalling. The cars are rented regardless of safety and I personally saw a car rented that was missing wheel nuts! They are only bothered about profit and not the customer service or the safety of families.