ENGIE
Here to help
Coronavirus update

ENGIE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom372 reviews
It requires high targets to be meet and it's a target focus job. Not a lot of progression for part time staff. Stable job but not a job I want to be in permanently. Good for a stop gap between uni and school
Pros
People
Cons
Type of work
Treat you like no one when you get your rest days and you will have phone calls to work and they will try and quilt you into working, telling you they will sort you out but never do people who work there are very two faced
Pros
8 hour shift
Cons
Stressfull
Absolutely horrendous company to work for. Work life balance was terrible. Awful rate of pay and even worse management. Absolutely hated working for Engie. The place dont care about individuals and we not care about the money they are making. Too much for too little money.
Worked at the office in Leeds for 6 month

my job was working with debt recovery, job role was helping to recoup money from customers who were in arrears with gas/power , when there was work to be done it was enjoyable - although quite boring when there wasn't any.

by far the quietest place I've ever worked, the majority of people seemed to keep to them selves, just didn't seem to be the energy and laughter you expect in a typical office.

Good support from management and employees when you needed it,seemed to be a workplace with limited opportunities for progression, a lot of the people who worked there had been in their job role for years. seemed to be the culture of being comfortable where you are.

I would recommend working here to someone as I enjoyed it but would advise you could be waiting a while to progress.

All though I cant blame management personally, the company showed me a lack of class in the end ,When COVID 19 hit and a lockdown was enforced , they only furloughed me for a month and a half.When I requested an extension they didn't have the bottle to respond to me , just outright ignored me. I thought this was nothing short of disgraceful as furloughing someone didn't cost them anything and just left me in a very uncertain situation.

The department who was responsible for the furlough scheme only responded when it suited them , when they did eventually respond it was only to pressure me to fill out the furlough form very quickly or else they would end my employment immediately, this was very rude and thought it was unprofessional (bearing
 - more...
On joining I was not told the full story of how the business would evolve. Not got a clue about how fabric works. Some managers are good and helpful. Leave alot to be desired.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Not a clue about fabrics
Great company to work for, I felt I was always fully supported by all members of the team and I made multiple friends throughout my time at the company.
Subcontractor
Good work

Learnt a lot

Good people

Overtime was available at times

Flat build

1st fix 2nd fix containment trey basket normal construction job
The engagement was via the Resourcing Group Recruitment Agency. The daily routine was normal building internal condition survey with photographic evidence. K & B interior design layout with the choice of material for K&B finishing. These activities followed by openings of the kitchen for regeneration work, initially protection with corex, the white goods and other necessary places of the interiors and close supervision of carpenters, plumbers, electrical, asbestos removal by experts and fire prevention and protection work.
All works were properly coordinated, to respect occupant privacy, communal spaces, H&S and considerate construction standards.

Finally, a codial relationship was established with the local council housing officer and no services was disrupted at the end of each day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Meeting and entering houses of people from different walks of life.
Great company to work for, hard work but good fun. Excellent sense of Camaraderie.
Good training programme, great social life - regular trips to the local pubs.
ENGIE UK dedicates time and resources to their employees in the hopes of moving them up the career ladder. Sometimes you can get a bit lost in the sheer number of employees that they have. But generally management are willing to take time and help you with your career.
Pros
ENGIE benefits
I was self-employed for 10 years I never thought I would go and work for a company but working for Engie it’s the best decision I’ve ever done they look after all their employees and care about what they do and open to offers for improvement. overall brilliant company
Had a lot of responsibilities and support was there from start to finish and didn't have to worry.

Great office with the opportunity to work with many teams and with great people.
I was put forward for work experiance by my college tutor for a weeks work, I really enjoyed it and and it further more confirmed that joinery/ carpentry is what I want to do as a trade
Pros
Learned so much
Anyone who has worked in the Hertfordshire office knows it’s horrible , cliques , disrespectful and Un-empathetic managers and zero career progression
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Poorly paid in comparison with competitors
Bosses were inexperienced in my field, then try and tell you how to do the job.
Too many operatives also untrained in what they were doing ,

Everyone back stabbing each other, job it self was easy just very clickie,

Poor ppe,

Poor management,

Poor working environment,
Very stressful , challenging Management , not very well managed, work life balance not taken into consideration. Very difficult to reach targets KPI,s
Need a to be less stressful, better communication between staff and management, and more flexible with hours, as travelling into site takes alot of your personal time up
I worked here between age 17-18 and worked with a diverse, friendly and welcoming team of people who helped me understand the role and continue to keep in touch. I worked here part-time, but for those in full-time roles, they were promoted fairly quickly and had a good understanding of the needs of the people below them. Working with the public has its challenges and the company were always understanding of this. Also they were very considerate and made you feel part of the family at the London Olympic Aquatic Centre.
i started working here in early 2018. at first, work was alright. but soon they started to shorten our hours and give us alot more work to do. managers could not give a dime about you, their power has gone to their head. any complaints or advise were ignored. most staff ended up leaving within a year or so.

paycheck was always less, so had to doublecheck. once got paid extra by mistake and they decided to resolve it by not paying me the next few months and telling me i was stupid for not realising i got paid extra, tf???!!!

management do not know what the word 'confidential' means. seems to be cliques almost in management.

do not recommend unless u wish to bend over backwards for peanuts and abuse.
I was transferred from another company when Engie took over a contract for the site I work at as a Security Supervisor. I had my reservations. However, the contract manager was very good and he supported myself and the rest of the team (Security, Cleaning and reception). He would often go the extra mile FOR US because he knew we would do it in return.
This being said, I now have a different manager and it is definitely different. The support is no longer there and the manager seems to be playing it by ear. For what I do, what I am expected to do and the extra work I often undertake for the client, I believe I should be getting £10.50 an hour for.
The only bad side of Engie was the salary: no London wage, salary low. At that time,£7.34 per hour . In April, the increase was £0.30 We start complaining and demanding for an increase during the meeting with managers, they replied that:: take into consideration and will take time to be implemented.
Opportunities to further higher education, not respected or to get a new position.