ENGIE Employee Reviews

Overall a nice place to work.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newport2 May 2018
The staff where lovely to work with, the job was good. A lovely place to keep you busy while meeting some good work colleagues. A busy work place to keep you on your feet, also a good salary also.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Very Hard work, to keep you on your feet.
Global Experience
Strategy Manager - Strategy and Market Development (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 May 2018
Job function and location mobility resulted in many opportunities to learn new and interesting elements of the energy industry. Great exposure to some extremely smart colleagues.
Terrible company work for , bad management if their even on site , bad people skils , don’t take care of staff AVOID !!
Security (Former Employee) –  Cardiff21 April 2018
I was working at st David’s hospital for this company and experience huge amounts of incompetence people and management structure and how managemt plays its role is non existent as hardly no managemt of site also a lot spying on staff and staff relations is worse I’ve ever work in AVOID !!
Pros
Monthly pay
Cons
The whole working structure and bad atmosphere
Very good company
Cleaning Operative teamleader (Current Employee) –  Queen elizabeth olympic park19 April 2018
Good working environment, team work, health and safety, working long hours if there's event and you should be able to do shift because of the events you meet different people and you should be able to accommodate every one regardless person
Cleaning supervisor
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southyorkshire14 April 2018
Management lie had me doing 60hrs a week cleaning etc they dont comincate,I've given 100% in all aspects of my work they lead me to believe I would get a better position to give it someone else after I'd done both my job an the post I'd applied for the didn't have the guts to ring me it was a 3rd party that informed me I hadn't got the post there heartless individuals that ask about communication in the interview pitty they don't see this themselves so the were given keys n phone back an told to lock and unlock the property I was cleaning not a nice company to work for good by
Pros
Cons
Lovely cleaners to work along side
Productive hours
Cleaning supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 April 2018
Only left due to all staff being made redundant
All hours reasonable, All of the staff who I was services for were very lovely. My job consist of ensuring all of the area in which I was allocated was clean.
Very good firm overall
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Blackpool12 April 2018
Engie are a very good employer with competitive rates and benefits. Working for Engie was a great experience. I worked on the D.W.P prime contract until the end. Sad to see them leave.
Pros
Good pay, benifits, holidays etc.
Awful
Office Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire4 April 2018
Too many managers, not enough staff. Bullying culture.
Management didn't know anything about the work they had taken on.
The company changed the name 6 times in 7 years.
Treated like the poor relation and looked down on by management and staff from another job in the same building. Any decent managers left. Unhappy atmosphere, low morale.
Pros
Cons
uncaring management, only concerned with their own progress, bullied staff
Great while it lasted...
Post Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wrexham, North Wales26 March 2018
After 6 months of pleasurable employment at Engie (based at one of the numerous DWP sites throughout the UK), it is with much sadness that I am witnessing a rather unconvincing takeover bid from a company called Interserve. What a shambles! ‘Brewery, P@@s-up and the lack of organisational skills’ spring to mind. OK, I know l am only on a Zero Hour Contract, but l did expect better! As an example, the transitional changeover from Engie to Interserve has so far been horrendous insomuch that none of the current Engie staff have been given any guidance as to what to expect from our new employer. Indeed, Engie seem to be more than happy for us to just fade away and get swept under the carpet. Moreover, the few updates from BOTH companies appears to be last minute and not very well thought out.
BAD SHOW FROM BOTH SIDES THEN!
Geoff, North Wales
Pros
Working for Engie
Cons
Not working for Engie much longer
Building services sector
PPM Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk17 March 2018
Management leave a lot to be desired. Dont count on them to help you in any shape or form. The office is a clicky immature zoo so loud you cant hear yourself think.

Workforce is understaffed. Supervisors overworked or lazy and abusing their privileges.

Avoid if you value your sanity
A secure company to work for
Outage & Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Llanberis, Gwynedd15 March 2018
A company which has evolved to meet the needs of the markets.
There is currently significant focus on cleaner energy and this has been the main focus of the generation side of the business.
Pros
Flexible working
Computer says no.
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kings yard, London14 March 2018
Such a large company but the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. Years ago they were good at hard services but nowadays they are good at nothing at all.

Nepotism is rife with managers offspring given cushy jobs and everyone else running round like headless chickens. Totally demoralising.
Pros
You can leave.
Cons
Newcastle call Center
Most people always at Risk!!!
Director (Current Employee) –  London11 March 2018
I am quite senior director level and been with Engie and previously Cofely for over 7 years. In the last 2 years since Engie rebrand the company is going severely down the pan! The targets for profit are pushed hard it's all about keeping France happy! You don't get good direction from above at my level then it will all roll downhill. I am looking to move as recently they have sacked numerous people for no real fault of their own apart from the face did not fit anymore!
Lean 18 is a cost cutting plan which is leaving people scared for their jobs loads are being put at risk everyday due to the greed of the company. This year's financial target is a joke way over what can be achieved. We are not winning many good contracts and when we do they cut them to the bone so much it's painful to run them. Profit profit profit!! The company's FD and the senior exec team are all obnoxious people and are just lining their pockets while they can. The bubble will burst soon, pay and t&cs are pathetic and if you try and change them the amount of governance in place to get it done can take 2 years!!
Future is not bright do yourself a favour look elsewhere!!
Pros
Good teams trying their best
Cons
Senior exec and profit targets!
fun place to work
Front of House Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2018
Really enjoyed working for Engie as a front of house team, i get to meet a lot of different types of people on a daily basis, i enjoy meeting new and different types of people.
Large well organised company
Lead mechanical maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull6 March 2018
Large well organised , with a good progression plan for employees who show willingness to learn and forward themselves, the pay salary is relatively low
Going down the hill...
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  North West28 February 2018
It was a great workplace when I started but it is deteriorating ever since.
Mileage return does not cover fuel costs if you have business car, so you ending being worse of.
Poor benefits
Small pension contribution
Just sliced lunch allowance - if you travel you have to buy your own food from your own pocket!
Salaries below market value and when you ask for more you are told that you might want to seek opportunities elsewhere!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Many
Kidderminster - Nights
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire26 February 2018
12hour mund numbing nights shifts opening letters.

Management lie constantly. Never worked for a company so bad in my life.

No support. Shallow minded individuals.
Pros
End of the shift
Cons
Lying Management
its okay, managers need a kick up the backside though
Mail Operative (Current Employee) –  Telford5 February 2018
Go into work and all the managers do is sit around on their phones or stood and picking their nose..
Its an okay place to work, you get a great bond with all the other workers. There's a lot of bitchiness around and rumours.
The money is not bad for what you do either but in a overall of the job I wouldn't go for it, usless managers who don't care!
Pros
Great people
Cons
usless managers
Efficient and focused workplace
Service Centre Agent, Audio Typist (Current Employee) –  Blackpool25 January 2018
Flexible working hours with overtime during busy periods and respectful of health in the workplace. The company is willing to adjust hours depending on circumstances.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Not many opportunities for growth
Do yourself a fav and look somewhere else
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Darlington31 December 2017
I can only speak for Darlington, although you have Managers they are run by a Cleaning Supervisor. They are scared stiff of her. Nothing but bullying and the Managers are scared to say anything.