Engage Education

Engage Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews
Never got paid properly or on time even though id ask a thousand times as I had rent to pay.
I was on gps.

I was deemed an outstanding teacher who was messed about

In 2015 I happily left engage education Ipswich suffolk!
Long registration process, followed by months of silence over the phone, while I was begging for work. Different agents every time. Received a day work...and silence again. Poor communication, aggressive manner instead of cooperation... Appalling!
Pros
Eye-catching adverts
Cons
The process throughout registering was professional and easy to follow. It took about a week to be cleared for work and I got work in schools shortly after that. They pay to scale in line with the DFE approved UK pay scales for Teachers
Fun place to work, good culture and support

A little messy at times in terms of organisation. Clear targets and support, good team atmosphere, good training
I learned more about teamwork and communication skills, I also learned to work with different age groups. A typical day was answering phone calls and helping students daily.
They give the lowest pay and demand so much work. Always looking for a way to cheat their employees. Communication is very bad with them. Most time chasing for payments. Turn over if staff is a lot so you find yourself lost of who to contact with job issues.
Expect the unexpected. Have learnt a lot from going to different schools. Was very eye-opening. Engage usually have a lot of work lined up for you which is good and are very supportive.
I worked for engage education as a teacher for 6 months. They were outstanding at the beginning- I had an Australian consultant and a UK consultant. They very helpful and were available to answer all questions. Once you start work communication becomes terrible. I had times when I had no one else to talk to/ ask questions except my consultant and she would take days/ weeks to reply if at all. Your pay dramatically drops after a few months. I started with around £600 a week and that went closer to £400. If you want to leave due to stress they can be manipulative in trying To make you stay. Relocation bonus was an absolute joke. Do not rely on this money for anything. If you manage to meet the criteria to actually receive it you will be taxed half!
Not very impressed with the feedback of this company. I will not be offering my services to them. I have tried myself to speak to a consultant since 24th July 2019. To date, no response to any of my numerous phone calls, messages or emails. Thank you for your honest comments everyone and preventing me from entering into a possible unpleasant situation.

Thank goodness for reviews.
Engage is a business and we're the products that they sell to the schools. They don't treat us well. They don't care about us. It's all about money. They're well-known for withholding information from the employees that they've placed in schools, such as whether or not they're getting fired. After you've arrived in England, they start preparing for the December iDay, so if you aren't happy in your school, they aren't going to spend any time helping you find a new job and none of the people who were at risk or did lose their jobs, or were unhappy in their jobs in the fall, were invited to the December iDay. You can barely get hold of your consultant, and when you do, they don't do much for you.

Basically, you don't matter to them.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS AGENCY!! They under pay you, your salary seems nice in the beginning but then significantly drops. I have asked over and over again for the so called "bonus" that they are supposed to give you and only got a portion of it. They forget to approve your time sheets and I am currently unable to pay for my rent because they have not paid me on time...
They set me up with what seemed like a great school but ended up being very unsupportive. Two of the other Canadians who came to the same school as me did not make it to Christmas.

I suggest doing some in depth research about the schools before you actually work there and do not go through this agency. As a whole, all of the people I have met through the agency feel the same way. My agent specifically just dropped off the face of the planet after September and will rarely respond to me until I have messaged several times. He is always on "vacation" without notifying us that we won't be able to contact him for a certain amount of time. Once you actually get the job, they abandon you... or at least my agent did.

More stress than the experience is worth.
I have worked with Engage for under a year. It has its benefits with discounts you get, the free medical help that is provided for staff and the consultants who really do try to make a difference. However, when speaking to staff about not being able to work, you are pressured into it at times due to the consultants not wanting to ruin their reputations at that specific school. It isn’t helpful at all when you feel pressured and it isn’t helpful when you are called at 7:30am to be asked if you can go to work in a place that is an hour and a half away via public transport. Also work is not guaranteed and if you have a disability like me, pls be wary that some schools may not be understanding and will dismiss you if you miss two days of work due to your illness.
Pros
Great schools
Cons
Laziness, bad communication
Official response from Engage Education
9 July 2019
Hi there, thanks for your feedback about our services. We're glad to hear that you've found our staff helpful and caring and that our benefits exceeded your expectations, it's important to us that our candidates feel valued. However, we're really sorry to hear that, on occasion, you didn't find our staff weren't as supportive as they could have been when speaking to you in the mornings, this is something we've fed back to the teams! If you have any further comments, please email enquiries@engage-education.com and we'll be happy to help.
Engage éducation were always helpful in every step of the recruitment process as a supply teacher, they actively sought out work for me and were always at the end of the phone if I had any queries or questions
My consultant was always friendly and they supported my relocation from London to the Home Counties. They were even supportive during the sign up process when I had to put the process on hold due to being involved in a cycling accident which prevented me from working for a few month - my sign up was put on hold until I was ready with no pressure applied.
Engage invests time and training into their staff and listens to what you want for development in your career. Best agency I've worked for and would recommend to anyone. Good location in The City with great people to work with.
Pros
Amazing office, excellent training
Cons
Working at Engage Education is honestly one of the best experiences I have had within my career.
There is always a busy and fun environment, where the work/life balance is unlike any other company. Working in sales, there are always stressful moments, but working with our sales teams you feel supported and all working to the same goal. Most importantly, our management encourages professional growth and make you feel like an asset to the company.
Engage is a Fantastic place to work as both a consultant and an Aussie teacher. Great support in place from management and schools. Comradarie amongst the staff!
Pros
Great opportunities to progress
Started working for Engage about a year and a half ago, I can say it is the most enjoyable job I have had in recruitment.

The whole company operates very professionally and they actively encourage Managers and Consultants to bring there own ideas and initiatives to Engage.

More than any other agency I know they provide excellent support for our teachers, I have been lucky enough to be involved in CPD events and teacher socials. It's really great to be able to reward teachers and ta's who work for us.
Pros
Great atmosphere, freedom to work the way you want, good incentives
Cons
Lots to do, so you have to keep organised.
Engage was my first job in recruitment and I have had a few since leaving. I now realise how good people at Engage have it. Yes the hours can be demanding and the expectations can be high but you get the rewards to go with what you put in.
The support you get from management, directors and training is unreal compared to other places. They really do care about you. They encourage you because it will only help you. A company that is forward thinking and always trying to be ahead of the market and can back it up. Things such as sports days and thorpe park days out are things I probably took for granted when I was there!
Pros
Support, training, rewards, engagement
Cons
Lots to sometimes confuse the role of a consultant
Working for Engage for the last four and a half years has been a challenging but great experience and has pushed me to become better. Lots of support through training as well as management and a clear structure that you can progress.

A lot of consultants have joined Engage with little experience and have become successful because of the training and support they have received, but also new consultants from other companies have joined because of the offerings they provide. Great ethos and atmosphere in Watford and London along with the best bunch of people I've ever worked with. I'd have no hesitation recommending consultants to Engage.
Pros
Free breakfast, Great incentives, Team bonding events, Clear values and great ethos
Cons
None that I personally have
Engage is a great company to work for, they've spent a lot of time and effort ensuring that our work culture and work/life balance is good. There's also clear progression for every department, so you know where you are in your job and how you can progress. The office environment is fun and lively. The company is fast paced and really innovative so there's always new things to work with and focus on. I can see myself here for a long time!
Pros
office environment, career progression, fast paced