Enfield Council Employee Reviews

Terrible hours
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  London5 October 2019
Working hours are terrible they don't offer enough hours of work. Basic hours are 15 this isn't a job your can raise a family with. And one uniform to last u forever.
Run by bullies as managers
Environmental Worker (Current Employee) –  Enfield29 September 2019
During my time working at the council I have worked personally under three managers, all incompetent, hired for dubious reasons, and all of which failed the company.
I have been bullied, and false information is often made up about staff to try and persecute them.
Imagine the Ministry of Truth outlined by the novel 1984 - this is Enfield Council.
professional
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans12 September 2019
inspections I would
food safety report for each shop/ restaurant we had inspected. At the end of each report I had to award
each shop/ restaurant their official food and hygiene rating(out of 5). I then would save and print the
reports for them to be filed on the Enfield borough councils
system.
Fun
Enironmental health officer (Former Employee) –  Enfield19 August 2019
I assisted carrying out food safety inspections throughout the borough of Enfield, throughout these inspections I would
take notes as we went around. When back to the council offices it was my role to write up the official food safety report for
each shop/ restaurant we had inspected. At the end of each report I had to award each shop/ restaurant their official food
and hygiene rating(out of 5). I then would save and print the reports for them to be filed on the Enfield borough councils
system.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
travelling and diffecult custmers
Productive workplace with a great team in internal communication department
Journalist Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 July 2019
Productive workplace with a great team in internal communication department. Always felt welcomed and valued by the whole team and company.
great place to work at
Access Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London9 July 2019
Whilst working at Enfield Council i have gained a lot of skills such as multitasking, working independently and dealing with difficult inquiries yet always remaining professional. The support of my supervisors and manager has been amazing and i will continue those valuable experiences to my next role. It is a great place to work at if you want to progress in your career and be part of a calm and professional work environment.
Pros
tea breaks with co workers
Cons
difficult to detach yourself from cases
Good
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 July 2019
Good place to work and develop. The Council gives an opportunity to staff to grow.
Productive workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Enfield2 May 2019
A typical day at work would consist of printing, designing and finishing. I have gained valuable experience in working as part of a team, meeting final dates and confidence.
Engagement Officer (Former Employee) –  Enfield14 March 2019
I was a contractor, not permanent staff so a lot of what people will be looking for will not be found in this review.

I can say the project I worked on was excellent. The team and wider teams across the council were very knowledgeable and always willing to help and advise. Also I was never treated as an 'outsider' which is what can happen in some places as a contractor.
Excellent colleagues
Housing Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Civic Building21 January 2019
My day o day work was dealing with complaints from residents about the state of their homes and the bad landlords looking after them. I would obtain information and carry out inspections of the properties. I learned to listen and take aboard the concerns of the individuals and not to make snap decisions until I had gained all the information and details. Where necessary there would be management discussions and help for difficult cases. The hardest part of the job involved some of the poorest families who often were being treated poorly and unfairly by their landlords. When I could make a difference and improve the living conditions as the most satisfying part of my job.
Pros
Canteen available
Cons
Low salary
Park Life
Arborist (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2019
For most of my working life I have been involved in urban tree management, for local authorities as well as private clients. We would receive paperwork in the morning and load suitable tools and then drive to site, usually arriving around 8 a.m. My role was to assess and carry out the job when we arrived with my ground crew (usually 2 or 3) and then carry it out safely. Urban tree work involves different types of operation, sometimes we were pruning street trees as a production line, street by street, which means more traffic signs and footpath management, and public help to move parked cars. Other work was large trees in small spaces (back gardens) which involved more rope work and section felling and was more specialised in nature. Physically it was hard work but being outside we had fresh air to breathe. I didn't like the early starts (in the yard by 6:30) but I did like the early finish (14:30). I liked that we were in a different place every day and that every job was different.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Physically demanding
Productive and good workplace
Road sweeper (Former Employee) –  London19 July 2018
I sweept the road every day. I learned education, healt and safety. Management is correct and very good. Workplace culture is nationality. Enjoyable part of the job is a launch time.
Pros
Cons
Correct hours
Encouraging team and inspiring environment
Library Volunteer (Current Employee) –  London25 May 2018
Enfield libraries is a great place to volunteer with. Team members are encouraging and there is a lot to learn about library work through volunteering with the borough. I have picked up a lot of skills and gained certificates along the way.
Nice work place
Operational support officer (Former Employee) –  Palmers Green14 April 2018
Nice place to work very friendly and welcoming staff, Able to adapt to the work load quickly very professional although there is hardly role for job progression
Can be rewarding depending on the customer and the circumstances that surround them.
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Enfield13 March 2018
I work in a customer facing role. Which can mean that my day can vary in the same way the type of people I interact with can. However, there is satisfaction is delivering quality customer service and some of the work I do can genuinely improve people's lives. Unfortunately, a working day can be quite samey and that doesn't particularly match my personality type. Overall it is a decent organization to work for.
Good
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Enfield3 March 2018
Was a great stepping stone to allow me to build life/career skills that i have carried with me since and have been beneficial in me securing other jobs.
Local Government
Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  London13 February 2018
Local government is facing major challenges to work with less and less resources. This makes any role difficult and not enjoyable. There is a lot of insecurity and bad feeling.
Work Environment Friendly
Receptionist/Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Enfield.14 January 2018
Constant interaction through the phone as well as in person is always something that I have been comfortable doing, this job in particular entailed booking appointments and scheduling meetings, for which my organisational skills and technological know-how came into play on a daily basis.

Time passes by quickly when your busy.
Pros
Weekends off
Fun
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London14 November 2017
Enjoyed the job and what I was doing very much! Absolutely loved working with the children and serving them as well as the teachers.
As well as working independently which I like I was able to work in a team which is very enjoyable as I'm very sociable and love being in a team environment.
Pros
Parking on site
Cons
Good bunch of guys to work with.
Estate operative (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London6 October 2017
Quite an easy job overall had some good times working with them and also some challenging times with anti social behaviour dealing with the police on a weekly basis.
Pros
Regular income guaranteed
Cons
No room for progression within the job.