Enfield Council
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Enfield Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom67 reviews
I have worked for enfield council and it was great for 10 years wonderful team to work with great people the salary was good excellent communication with each other great supervisors l will love to go back one day
Not a lot of chance for career progression
Work is boring and unchallenging

Management is poor

Too many idlers it's hard to stay focussed

Money rubbish and not much incentives given
Pros
Job for life supposedly!
Cons
Dead end position with no career ladder
helped me proceed with career aspects and learned new skills to use in daily work life. managment and team all very friendly would recomend working here to anyone
Lots of employees taking drugs blatantly, also drivers parking up and going to sleep when supposed to be working .
Employees arriving for work intoxicated .

Wasn’t a good environment to be associated with .

Some managers didn’t seem to care / turned a blind eye .

Never get any praise for anything you did .
I will say one thing if you want a rewarding job working with children with varied learning difficulties is a great opportunity as you can learn things from them they all have things they excel in
Typical day at work very good. Colleagues good to work for. Management very professsional. Good training and hours good to work for. Payroll and admin very helpful.
Nice place to work but needs competitive restructuring for the team development and customers satisfaction needs improvement. In my opinion, working as a team will benefit all instead of taking sides on individual rumors and backbiting. It's a good place to work and i saw a lot of changes to working preterm in the future.

Lots of policy needs to be addressed in order to meet with the demands of the society and suitable cleaning of the environment.
Working hours are terrible they don't offer enough hours of work. Basic hours are 15 this isn't a job your can raise a family with. And one uniform to last u forever.
Stayed there for 14 years, enjoyed it very much, become part of a team, learned many skills, meet wide range of people, had to work every other weekend and some late evenings but you get used to it
During my time working at the council I have worked personally under three managers, all incompetent, hired for dubious reasons, and all of which failed the company.
I have been bullied, and false information is often made up about staff to try and persecute them.

Imagine the Ministry of Truth outlined by the novel 1984 - this is Enfield Council.
inspections I would

food safety report for each shop/ restaurant we had inspected. At the end of each report I had to award

each shop/ restaurant their official food and hygiene rating(out of 5). I then would save and print the

reports for them to be filed on the Enfield borough councils

system.
I assisted carrying out food safety inspections throughout the borough of Enfield, throughout these inspections I would
take notes as we went around. When back to the council offices it was my role to write up the official food safety report for

each shop/ restaurant we had inspected. At the end of each report I had to award each shop/ restaurant their official food

and hygiene rating(out of 5). I then would save and print the reports for them to be filed on the Enfield borough councils

system.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
travelling and diffecult custmers
Productive workplace with a great team in internal communication department. Always felt welcomed and valued by the whole team and company.
Whilst working at Enfield Council i have gained a lot of skills such as multitasking, working independently and dealing with difficult inquiries yet always remaining professional. The support of my supervisors and manager has been amazing and i will continue those valuable experiences to my next role. It is a great place to work at if you want to progress in your career and be part of a calm and professional work environment.
Pros
tea breaks with co workers
Cons
difficult to detach yourself from cases
Good place to work and develop. The Council gives an opportunity to staff to grow.
A typical day at work would consist of printing, designing and finishing. I have gained valuable experience in working as part of a team, meeting final dates and confidence.
I was a contractor, not permanent staff so a lot of what people will be looking for will not be found in this review.

I can say the project I worked on was excellent. The team and wider teams across the council were very knowledgeable and always willing to help and advise. Also I was never treated as an 'outsider' which is what can happen in some places as a contractor.
My day o day work was dealing with complaints from residents about the state of their homes and the bad landlords looking after them. I would obtain information and carry out inspections of the properties. I learned to listen and take aboard the concerns of the individuals and not to make snap decisions until I had gained all the information and details. Where necessary there would be management discussions and help for difficult cases. The hardest part of the job involved some of the poorest families who often were being treated poorly and unfairly by their landlords. When I could make a difference and improve the living conditions as the most satisfying part of my job.
Pros
Canteen available
Cons
Low salary
For most of my working life I have been involved in urban tree management, for local authorities as well as private clients. We would receive paperwork in the morning and load suitable tools and then drive to site, usually arriving around 8 a.m. My role was to assess and carry out the job when we arrived with my ground crew (usually 2 or 3) and then carry it out safely. Urban tree work involves different types of operation, sometimes we were pruning street trees as a production line, street by street, which means more traffic signs and footpath management, and public help to move parked cars. Other work was large trees in small spaces (back gardens) which involved more rope work and section felling and was more specialised in nature. Physically it was hard work but being outside we had fresh air to breathe. I didn't like the early starts (in the yard by 6:30) but I did like the early finish (14:30). I liked that we were in a different place every day and that every job was different.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Physically demanding
I sweept the road every day. I learned education, healt and safety. Management is correct and very good. Workplace culture is nationality. Enjoyable part of the job is a launch time.
Pros
Cons
Correct hours
Enfield libraries is a great place to volunteer with. Team members are encouraging and there is a lot to learn about library work through volunteering with the borough. I have picked up a lot of skills and gained certificates along the way.