EnerMech Ltd Employee Reviews

constant changing
Electrical controls engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Aberdeen18 December 2017
Always on the move the company has grown fast to a multi million pound company but still operates as a small business, its an experience to be sure, its a paying job.
Pros
non
Cons
pay cuts
Limited working hours
Pit cleaner supervisor (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk7 August 2017
Happy working environment , well managed and professional.Training provided at cost to non salary employees. Working at an as and when basis, often short notice for trips offshore
Pros
Excellent wage
Cons
Not enough regular hours
fast paced and friendly work place
Certification and sales administrator (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk24 July 2017
Enermech is a busy,fast paced enviroment which everyone works together. I have learnt lots of skills over the time i have been here. Everyone is really friendly and works hard.
Busy and productive environment
Trainee Lift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City19 April 2017
My main duties at Enermech were to help out with the process of cleaning and repairing Lifting Equipment. As well I was also asked to go over to shetland with the company to do onsite driving for the inspector who was working on site.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
career advancement
Ok
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  offshore1 December 2016
Co workers were a great bunch of people who strived to help each other and to complete tasks within budget and on time.
As with many oil/gas related companies at the moment a dark cloud hangs above which can be sensed.
Pros
Paid travelling expenses, pension, health shield.
Cons
a few
Good rewards. Low on ethics
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth9 March 2016
As this company was awarded many short and medium term oil related contracts the work load would vary greatly requiring job flexibility. I was employed at the Great Yarmouth location from it's formation in 2008 until March 2016 and experienced the increase in workforce to over 2000 in 24 locations word wide. Meteoric growth was achieved both organically and via acquisition.

This was my first experience of working with an ERP system which has been very rewarding. Much of my daily routine was performing accounting tasks, providing management information and managing administrative staff.

The management of EnerMech set ambitious goals which were ruthlessly pursued and created a culture that was often difficult to work with. A symptom of this was the very high staff turnover. Cronyism and nepotism were rife.

Although the work was often a challenge I made many friends and corresponded with people word wide all of which, in retrospect, gave great satisfaction.
Pros
Ambitious company with good benefits
Cons
Work culture
fast paced busy environment
Personnel Logistics Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT5 May 2015
My day consisted of mobilising and sourcing personnel to around 18 platforms in the north sea, ensuring they were in possession of all relevant certification required.

arrange training as required and ensure that all rotas, crew changes and personnel files were kept up to date to reflect changes.

Management were very approachable and supportive.

My Co workers and i worked well as team.

The hardest part of the job was the constant changes in mobilisations due to issues such as job requirements being changed.

I enjoyed the fast paced environment building relationships with the employees i was in contact with.
Pros
flexi time
Cons
working out of hours
Good place to work for in the crane world.
Senior Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen.27 April 2015
I worked in the hydraulic team offshore / onshore doing upgrades or repairs to cranes on vessels or platforms.

I learnt that when you out there you had to think out the box on your feet in all circumstance and be prompt in completing the tasks and safely.

EnerMech management always had your back as long as you worked to company policies and procedures, and always willing to listen to suggestion brought up by staff.

Some of the work that was carried out was team work abroad and we all assisted each other and were taught if you not sure to ask before attempting to do something on your own.

I would say that the hardest part of the job was getting the work packs together before travelling to job site.

The best part of the job was travelling to different sites and working with different nationalities from around the world.
Pros
Good experience gained offshore.
Cons
Just not enough down time between jobs.
great pleace to work
Expeditor/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT26 March 2015
each day was different and all the teams where lovely and helpfull. i had to work with a lot of differnet busniess line. i was new to the gas and oil industry but i was given a lot of support in my role.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
well organised and managed workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, ENG11 February 2014
My time at Enermech was of great value to me as this was an industry I had no knowledge of before i was employed there. The staff and management obviously noticed I was a hard worker and dedicated to whatever job I was handed and therefore invested in me by paying for all of the courses and tickets I have gained to work within the industry. Unfortunately due to managerial shake ups and jobs being a little slower than normal to come up I was laid off as I wasn't on the staff payroll and therefore the sensible choice was to save money as I was paid on a day rate.
Pros
Great for investing time and money into me
Cons
waiting so long to get my offshore tickets completed
hard graft for little reward
mechanical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT20 September 2013
treated like a machine, long hours, not much engineering back up
good but hardwork
stores supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen10 February 2013
long day's good co-workers my mangers is very good others no so.
growing company and sometimes groing to fast and we find it hard to chatch up, the best part are the people i work with
Pros
people i work with growing company
Cons
long days