Enable Scotland Employee Reviews

Its not good to work here
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire9 February 2018
You are quick to learn that some of your team are the managers pet parrots. Everything said or done in good faith is sent back to the office parrot fashion. There's always the (alledged) team members that despise any progress you make or are bitter if you work hard or want to try such a deplorable thing as a change or something new. It's a horrible atmosphere to work in. Despite any things you make up to improve your clients life and home it's shot down or put back to the way it was the manager will back them up it's like they have no wish for the person to have a new outlook on anything. I'm already looking for a new job as I actually feel like crying when it's time to go to my job and I feel worse for the people being looked after by this kind of team. You don't get any help if you tell your manager what's going on and it's made obvious it's a shut up and get on with it. They said they are a progressive company they are most definitely not that.
Pros
Anybody can get a job here
Cons
Managers let you struggle
Great place
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian2 January 2018
Loved my time at enable scotland Worked there for a long time. Only left due to going back to education. Would definitely return if the option came back up. Would recommend
If i could give it a minus i would....
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire27 November 2017
Management are actually disgusting. Treat the staff like slaves. Expected to jump when they say. Out right lie about what theyve said to you when you report to higher authority. Even when you do report something ita not took seriously. Care commission really need to look in to them as a company. Looking for a new job as we speak!!!!
Pros
Staff team and service users are nice
Cons
Management are absolute idiots and shouldnt be in control of peoples lives
Hard work, fulfilling job
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 September 2017
Once you find a good personality match between yourself and service user this job is an absolute dream. You have fun while making a positive difference to someone's day (note that word day. Not life, day). Unfortunately finding a suitable match is incredibly difficult and if you are anything like myself you may find this very stressful.
Pros
Get to go on some fun outings
Cons
Long hours, under a lot of pressure, lone working
Fantastic
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montrose7 September 2017
Great company to work for. Entirely focused on their clients and what is best for them and there is no other way to work in care apart from that. Great people.
Pros
good management
Caution advised
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire3 August 2017
5+ years service with Enable in Ayrshire and unless you're extremely desperate avoid this company at all costs.
Employees are treated badly by management bullying staff into shifts by either emotional blackmail or under threat of losing my job.
Hourly rate is competitive but sleepover rate is abissmal no meals provided no breaks given and on several occasions I have been at a clients home for over 72 hours. When taking a client on holiday they only pay half your sleepovers on 2-1 services.
Training is mostly e-learning (including medication)it's no surprise there are so many mistakes/incidents with minimal support given by management.
Employees are never given the respect,dignity,data protection and support that employees provide to clients.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Zero hour or low hour contracts, lack of support, no meals provided
Please there are far better companys to work for avoid enable please
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stirling15 July 2017
I currently work for Enable i have been in social care 20years Enable is by far the worst company i have ever worked for i think the care inspectrate should take a close look at the enable sevices in stirling not good
Pros
Cons
Very long hours totally no support weak management wages never right workers feel totally worthless
Laziness. Favouritism & Unsuitable staff spring to mind easily.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire2 July 2017
I've worked here for two years. I continually take over from staff who have sat watching TV or on their phones the whole shift as there is nothing done. No pride in their work. Laziest shower of workers I've ever met. The small core of really good caring and clever workers are not well thought of and the ones who's only thing that works hard is their mouths are so in with the management that they are quite happy to leave the load to you. You can't trust anyone and if you make management aware of what's not being done correctly or just not being done and it happens to be concerning a favourite then your working life won't be pleasant. It's a shame because I really believe this was an amazing business when it was first set up but now there are people that should never be entrusted in vulnerable people's lives. I only stick it as I genuinely like very much the amazing people I support. A hard days work would kill most of the employees here and the lack or respect for people and their homes is frightful. Anyway if you work here you will support some great people but don't expect to be part of the team unless you are lazy, a gossip, inconsiderate and just out to impress the managers then you might get somewhere. On the good side if you want extra work its always available. There are some really lovely genuine people though few and far between. There are really wonderful people needing really wonderful people to support them.
Pros
Using your skills care and imagination to enhance lifestyles
Cons
Laziness. Non stop calls to work more hours.
Give this Company a wide Berth
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire14 June 2017
What can I say!! Worked for the company for two years.. If they could employ lap dogs to support the service users indeed they would. They are so desperate for staff they employ absolutely anyone that will be intimidated, spoken down to, and they clearly want young people to bully them into long hours and low rates of pay. Management are back stabbing and constantly breaking all rules to suit themselves .Everything falls on deaf ears. No support at all,your out on a limb .. You will need support after working for this company yourself it's so bad. Keep well clear of Enable bad news. Feel sorry for the families that depend on them to support their loved ones.
Pros
None at all apart from the rewards when your supporting service users.
Cons
Absolutely everything.
Enjoyed my time with them
P.A (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire13 June 2017
Overall this is an organisation with a lot to learn in regards to the way they run operations. I've worked with some really great people in Ayrshire and some truely wonderful clients. However some of the staff are so utterly embittered by some weird sense of injustice that it can filter down the rest of the teams and poison some of the great work that goes on.

A tough but rewarding job supporting those who really need it, but those who have left due to management being bullies etc are petty and small minded. It's about the guys we support. Not you.
Pros
Supported people
Cons
Wages
Bad
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City11 May 2017
Enable Scotland are an awful company to work for. They work their staff to the bone regardless of what the staff members requirements are. They put you in situations that they do not feel comfortable in and do not listen when you say anything about it.

Overall, bad company.
Cons
Long Hours
Terrible organisation to work for , avoid
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow30 April 2017
Worked for Enable for years and its has drastically gone downhill, no way would I join the organisation now. Overtime rate dissapeared, below min wage paid for sleepovers, The management are clueless, service manager and team facilitators only last a few months nowadays and have no empathy for staff, communication shocking.
Avoid enable at all costs for the sake of your own health.
Pros
Cons
organisation rotten to the core, treat staff badly
Don't work for this company
Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Ayrshire28 April 2017
I have worked for Enable for a years and it was a great company when I first started but now wouldn't work for them if it was the last Job that was going Managerment are bullies and don't talk nice to you and they forget they where in the Job we do just now they are needing to go on training for there attitude stinks you go into the Kilmarnock office and you get looked at as if your a piece of dirt and what they forget is we are keeping them in a Job. They phone you up to see if you can work and if you tell them you can't they won't to no why which we don't need to justify why we can't help out
Pros
People who we support
Cons
Management in East Ayrshire
Terrible place to work stay away
Current staff member Kilmarnock (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire21 March 2017
The management are so unprofessional talk about staff within hearing of the training room . Even name the staff . If you are I'll you are expected to phone around and cover your shift . Managers very rude when you are unwell . And will just put staff anywhere . But claim they are person centred . Which is a joke . Would not trust them to care for anyone .
Pros
Nice people that are supported
Cons
Terrible company so uncaring ayrshire service managers are a joke
Rewarding and amazing
Team Facilitator (Current Employee) –  North Scotland15 March 2017
I currently work for ENABLE SCOTLAND been working for the organisation for 3 years nearly. Promoted 3 times, the training, support and supervision is 100% above other organisations. This is a challenging but rewarding role that encourages inviduals who strive to enhance the lifes of others to make a difference.

Wouldn't wish to work for anyone else.
Pros
Support, Training
Cons
Not sure i have any
Stay away
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Lanarkshire24 January 2017
The place is ridiculous management and team facilitiers can't do their jobs properly , they don't have any care in the world about staff or service users
Pros
Cons
All of it
Avoid
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire10 January 2017
The management show who their favourite staff are rather than treat everyone within a team equally. Years ago this company was a great company to work for but it's drastically going downhill. No bonuses for working festive season or overtime rate.
Pros
Helping the people we support
Cons
Bad management, no wage incentives for staff
Loved working here
Self Advocacy Worker (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy21 December 2016
I loved working in the advocacy department. The job was very rewarding and fun. My colleagues were great and all did their job amazingly. Everyone there worked very hard and had good staff morale. I learned a lot while working here and they were great at ensuring you had the right training.
Not the best for training
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow30 November 2016
I have worked for Enable for about 1 year now, the job itself is amazing and if you don't enjoy it you shouldn't be in social services. As for the company, I feel training was rushed and most of it is online, one training course in the middle of nowhere which isnt helpful. You are on your own when on shift so if there is an issue that is work related its pretty hard to get ahold of someone. You do learn alot on your own and I think this has benefited me going forward so for that I am grateful, they were kind enough to give me an opportunity to get into a career in social services with no experience so if you feel that is an issue Enable could be the place to start. No travel or lunch paid. There is always hours going just speak to the manager about availability.
Pros
starting point for career and the service users are great people.
Cons
No lunch or travel. Managers hard to get ahold of.
The Worst company to work for in Scotland
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth21 October 2016
Where do i start? In the 2 years i worked here i came out in the end with nothing except deppresion and anxiety. Managers who take a personal disliking to you so they make your life hard because they feel like it. Those same managers couldn't "manage" anything and punted the blame onto everyone else if things went wrong. Ridiculous working hours - you get used whenever they are short with shift changes happening and you not even being told about it so turning up at clients houses for noone to be in, Communication was SHOCKING. When all of their good staff leave they employ unexperienced, Careless people who don't really care about the clients or the company they only care about the money. What i'm really trying to say is DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Absoloutley none
Cons
Rubbish management, Long hours & Generally a rubbish place to work