Enable Scotland Employee Reviews

Enable scotland
East Lothian (Current Employee) –  Scotland22 April 2018
Enable scotland is a good place to work for the mangers are really helpful and understanding since I work for enable scotland I love it its great you can help the others and the day goes in quick I work in the Musselburgh area and they are brilliant and they get a 100% from me keep it up guys your doing a fantastic job
Pros
Helping others and see them smile
Lovely people
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  East lothian10 April 2018
I've had a great experience starting work at Enable. Very friendly management, fellow workers and the service users are brilliant to support - so fulfilling compared to my last job. It can be a bit hectic at times but I like that.
Pros
Approachable managers
Cons
Pay could be better
Do not apply for any jobs with this company!
Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Scotland28 March 2018
This is a terrible company to work for as they treat their staff appallingly. I was paid off while receiving chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. Disgusting, and this is one of Scotland's biggest charities helping people with disabilities!!
Pros
Cons
Poor salary rate.
I love it
PA (Current Employee) –  Stirling9 March 2018
Worked here for 4 years, and i love my job! Dont get me wrong there can be long hours, but only if you agree or chose to do them! Management have always been very flexible with me and ive never had problems with needing shifts changed or days off etc. I always have the chance if overtime with various services which gives a great opportunity for working with different people and learning all the time. I have been offered the chance to progress withing Enable and i fully intend on doing so when the time is right for me.
Pros
Never 2 days the same, feeling of achievement every day, flexibility of hours
Cons
N/a
Appalling organisation
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire26 February 2018
I worked for this company for 2 years and was extremely bullied by a so called manager who was also engaged to another manager the nepotism is disgraceful if you complain nothing gets done about it. Other workers having affairs and seeing each other at the clients house.
It is the worst company to work for and the care commission needto shut them down.
Cons
Its not good to work here
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire9 February 2018
You are quick to learn that some of your team are the managers pet parrots. Everything said or done in good faith is sent back to the office parrot fashion. There's always the (alledged) team members that despise any progress you make or are bitter if you work hard or want to try such a deplorable thing as a change or something new. It's a horrible atmosphere to work in. Despite any things you make up to improve your clients life and home it's shot down or put back to the way it was the manager will back them up it's like they have no wish for the person to have a new outlook on anything. I'm already looking for a new job as I actually feel like crying when it's time to go to my job and I feel worse for the people being looked after by this kind of team. You don't get any help if you tell your manager what's going on and it's made obvious it's a shut up and get on with it. They said they are a progressive company they are most definitely not that.
Pros
Anybody can get a job here
Cons
Managers let you struggle
Great place
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian2 January 2018
Loved my time at enable scotland Worked there for a long time. Only left due to going back to education. Would definitely return if the option came back up. Would recommend
If i could give it a minus i would....
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire27 November 2017
Management are actually disgusting. Treat the staff like slaves. Expected to jump when they say. Out right lie about what theyve said to you when you report to higher authority. Even when you do report something ita not took seriously. Care commission really need to look in to them as a company. Looking for a new job as we speak!!!!
Pros
Staff team and service users are nice
Cons
Management are absolute idiots and shouldnt be in control of peoples lives
Hard work, fulfilling job
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 September 2017
Once you find a good personality match between yourself and service user this job is an absolute dream. You have fun while making a positive difference to someone's day (note that word day. Not life, day). Unfortunately finding a suitable match is incredibly difficult and if you are anything like myself you may find this very stressful.
Pros
Get to go on some fun outings
Cons
Long hours, under a lot of pressure, lone working
Fantastic
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montrose7 September 2017
Great company to work for. Entirely focused on their clients and what is best for them and there is no other way to work in care apart from that. Great people.
Pros
good management
Caution advised
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire3 August 2017
5+ years service with Enable in Ayrshire and unless you're extremely desperate avoid this company at all costs.
Employees are treated badly by management bullying staff into shifts by either emotional blackmail or under threat of losing my job.
Hourly rate is competitive but sleepover rate is abissmal no meals provided no breaks given and on several occasions I have been at a clients home for over 72 hours. When taking a client on holiday they only pay half your sleepovers on 2-1 services.
Training is mostly e-learning (including medication)it's no surprise there are so many mistakes/incidents with minimal support given by management.
Employees are never given the respect,dignity,data protection and support that employees provide to clients.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Zero hour or low hour contracts, lack of support, no meals provided
Please there are far better companys to work for avoid enable please
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stirling15 July 2017
I currently work for Enable i have been in social care 20years Enable is by far the worst company i have ever worked for i think the care inspectrate should take a close look at the enable sevices in stirling not good
Pros
Cons
Very long hours totally no support weak management wages never right workers feel totally worthless
Laziness. Favouritism & Unsuitable staff spring to mind easily.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire2 July 2017
I've worked here for two years. I continually take over from staff who have sat watching TV or on their phones the whole shift as there is nothing done. No pride in their work. Laziest shower of workers I've ever met. The small core of really good caring and clever workers are not well thought of and the ones who's only thing that works hard is their mouths are so in with the management that they are quite happy to leave the load to you. You can't trust anyone and if you make management aware of what's not being done correctly or just not being done and it happens to be concerning a favourite then your working life won't be pleasant. It's a shame because I really believe this was an amazing business when it was first set up but now there are people that should never be entrusted in vulnerable people's lives. I only stick it as I genuinely like very much the amazing people I support. A hard days work would kill most of the employees here and the lack or respect for people and their homes is frightful. Anyway if you work here you will support some great people but don't expect to be part of the team unless you are lazy, a gossip, inconsiderate and just out to impress the managers then you might get somewhere. On the good side if you want extra work its always available. There are some really lovely genuine people though few and far between. There are really wonderful people needing really wonderful people to support them.
Pros
Using your skills care and imagination to enhance lifestyles
Cons
Laziness. Non stop calls to work more hours.
Give this Company a wide Berth
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire14 June 2017
What can I say!! Worked for the company for two years.. If they could employ lap dogs to support the service users indeed they would. They are so desperate for staff they employ absolutely anyone that will be intimidated, spoken down to, and they clearly want young people to bully them into long hours and low rates of pay. Management are back stabbing and constantly breaking all rules to suit themselves .Everything falls on deaf ears. No support at all,your out on a limb .. You will need support after working for this company yourself it's so bad. Keep well clear of Enable bad news. Feel sorry for the families that depend on them to support their loved ones.
Pros
None at all apart from the rewards when your supporting service users.
Cons
Absolutely everything.
Enjoyed my time with them
P.A (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire13 June 2017
Overall this is an organisation with a lot to learn in regards to the way they run operations. I've worked with some really great people in Ayrshire and some truely wonderful clients. However some of the staff are so utterly embittered by some weird sense of injustice that it can filter down the rest of the teams and poison some of the great work that goes on.

A tough but rewarding job supporting those who really need it, but those who have left due to management being bullies etc are petty and small minded. It's about the guys we support. Not you.
Pros
Supported people
Cons
Wages
Bad
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City11 May 2017
Enable Scotland are an awful company to work for. They work their staff to the bone regardless of what the staff members requirements are. They put you in situations that they do not feel comfortable in and do not listen when you say anything about it.

Overall, bad company.
Cons
Long Hours
Terrible organisation to work for , avoid
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow30 April 2017
Worked for Enable for years and its has drastically gone downhill, no way would I join the organisation now. Overtime rate dissapeared, below min wage paid for sleepovers, The management are clueless, service manager and team facilitators only last a few months nowadays and have no empathy for staff, communication shocking.
Avoid enable at all costs for the sake of your own health.
Pros
Cons
organisation rotten to the core, treat staff badly
Don't work for this company
Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Ayrshire28 April 2017
I have worked for Enable for a years and it was a great company when I first started but now wouldn't work for them if it was the last Job that was going Managerment are bullies and don't talk nice to you and they forget they where in the Job we do just now they are needing to go on training for there attitude stinks you go into the Kilmarnock office and you get looked at as if your a piece of dirt and what they forget is we are keeping them in a Job. They phone you up to see if you can work and if you tell them you can't they won't to no why which we don't need to justify why we can't help out