Enable Scotland Employee Reviews

Avoid!!
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Perth5 August 2018
Rewarding job love the job itself however the company are a disgrace no support for the staff as long as shifts are covered they couldn't care less if you are in a horrible situation no support even from oncall services. One rule for office staff (closing up early, 3 management/team facilitators off on annual leave at once ) yet support workers struggle to get annual leave.

Most stressful company I ever worked for a lot of the time service users went private and took staff with them and never looked back!!
Pros
Rewarding feeling
Cons
Whole company and staff support
Avoid Please
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orkney26 July 2018
Wanted to help and support the service users so much to connect with the community. However the management at a national and local level are not interested in supporting you when incidents occur and don't follow their procedures and harrass you to the point where you have to leave.
At one point I was signed off sick and received a letter from Human Resources if I did not contact the office by 12noon on Monday they would take it that I had resigned !
4 year period, 4 different service managers, 20 different team facilitators ! Incredible staff turnover, if 2 staff leave team of 4 the remainding 2 staff are bullied to cover all the hours to keep the service going !
Do yourself a favour and don't apply to this organisation .. if only the Care Commission really knew what went on ...
Pros
Amazing Service Users
Cons
Management shouldn't be in charge of a pet budgie
Shambles of a company
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire25 July 2018
I absolutely love the people I look after and care for, but the company itself is thee worst company i have ever worked for. Staff turnover is ridiculous because of this. Constantly looking for staff due to the fact the office couldn’t organise a night out in a brewery. Very poorly run and understaffed but no wonder cause of the state of the company.
Pros
The service users
Cons
Everything to do with management if you can call them that and the office.
Great team
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire25 July 2018
I worked for Enable Scotland in the employment team for a number of years - was promoted into a senior role and given great accredited training.
I felt we were really making a difference and the work was very enjoyable particularly the people being supported.
Pros
Management in the employment team really care
Cons
Head office is very corporate
Avoid
Employment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire1 July 2018
I worked with Enable for 5 weeks and recently resigned due to a family emergency. In my short time there I covered 2 areas both geographically miles from each other, some days were spent driving to appointments again miles away from each other, the paperwork was horrendous many nights I was working through till 10pm then randomly getting called to attend meetings which were again a 60 miles round trip, I felt as though I was being scrutinized and no matter how hard I tried it didn't seem to be good enough. I was under pressure to reach a certain target which given the relevant agencies hadn't received the required paperwork until I was in post 2 weeks made it very difficult to achieve. I witnessed colleagues being bullied by senior staff which wasn't pleasant one colleague burst into tears in the break room one day due to bullying. Unfortunately a family member became seriously ill and I left to care for them, again this wasn't taken well and I have heard through colleagues etc that my name is mud, having worked in this area for many many years this is both upsetting and disappointing, and I didn't receive my wages and had to chase this up. I didn't feel valued, respected and wasn't assisted at all in my short time there.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bullying, no communication
Always busy and can be fun at times
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Keith27 June 2018
Really good working for Enable. All staff are really friendly and push you to do your best. There is regular team meetings which is really beneficial and management are good at answering any enquiries you may have.
very rewarding job
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire20 June 2018
Each day is different. i have learned a lot and enjoy it even more than i thought i would. In my experience management have been supportive and i feel comfortable going to them when i need advice.
Pros
rewarding helping people live independently.
Management are bullies
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 June 2018
Micro managed on a daily basis. The bullying from managers and senior managers is awful. Due to the number of staff leaving surely someone needs to ask why and actually investigate this.
Enable scotland
East Lothian (Current Employee) –  Scotland22 April 2018
Enable scotland is a good place to work for the mangers are really helpful and understanding since I work for enable scotland I love it its great you can help the others and the day goes in quick I work in the Musselburgh area and they are brilliant and they get a 100% from me keep it up guys your doing a fantastic job
Pros
Helping others and see them smile
Lovely people
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  East lothian10 April 2018
I've had a great experience starting work at Enable. Very friendly management, fellow workers and the service users are brilliant to support - so fulfilling compared to my last job. It can be a bit hectic at times but I like that.
Pros
Approachable managers
Cons
Pay could be better
Do not apply for any jobs with this company!
Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Scotland28 March 2018
This is a terrible company to work for as they treat their staff appallingly. I was paid off while receiving chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. Disgusting, and this is one of Scotland's biggest charities helping people with disabilities!!
Pros
Cons
Poor salary rate.
I love it
PA (Current Employee) –  Stirling9 March 2018
Worked here for 4 years, and i love my job! Dont get me wrong there can be long hours, but only if you agree or chose to do them! Management have always been very flexible with me and ive never had problems with needing shifts changed or days off etc. I always have the chance if overtime with various services which gives a great opportunity for working with different people and learning all the time. I have been offered the chance to progress withing Enable and i fully intend on doing so when the time is right for me.
Pros
Never 2 days the same, feeling of achievement every day, flexibility of hours
Cons
N/a
Appalling organisation
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire26 February 2018
I worked for this company for 2 years and was extremely bullied by a so called manager who was also engaged to another manager the nepotism is disgraceful if you complain nothing gets done about it. Other workers having affairs and seeing each other at the clients house.
It is the worst company to work for and the care commission needto shut them down.
Cons
Its not good to work here
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire9 February 2018
You are quick to learn that some of your team are the managers pet parrots. Everything said or done in good faith is sent back to the office parrot fashion. There's always the (alledged) team members that despise any progress you make or are bitter if you work hard or want to try such a deplorable thing as a change or something new. It's a horrible atmosphere to work in. Despite any things you make up to improve your clients life and home it's shot down or put back to the way it was the manager will back them up it's like they have no wish for the person to have a new outlook on anything. I'm already looking for a new job as I actually feel like crying when it's time to go to my job and I feel worse for the people being looked after by this kind of team. You don't get any help if you tell your manager what's going on and it's made obvious it's a shut up and get on with it. They said they are a progressive company they are most definitely not that.
Pros
Anybody can get a job here
Cons
Managers let you struggle
Great place
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian2 January 2018
Loved my time at enable scotland Worked there for a long time. Only left due to going back to education. Would definitely return if the option came back up. Would recommend
If i could give it a minus i would....
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire27 November 2017
Management are actually disgusting. Treat the staff like slaves. Expected to jump when they say. Out right lie about what theyve said to you when you report to higher authority. Even when you do report something ita not took seriously. Care commission really need to look in to them as a company. Looking for a new job as we speak!!!!
Pros
Staff team and service users are nice
Cons
Management are absolute idiots and shouldnt be in control of peoples lives
run
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland21 November 2017
working 6 weeks as pa only had manual handling training and made to work in a environment that i have no idea what i am doing managent rude and not helpfull shift change every day to put more hours on my time as the pa that have been there longer cant do the hours anymore but can sit in the office and get payed
Pros
clients
Cons
managment long hours no help
Hard work, fulfilling job
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 September 2017
Once you find a good personality match between yourself and service user this job is an absolute dream. You have fun while making a positive difference to someone's day (note that word day. Not life, day). Unfortunately finding a suitable match is incredibly difficult and if you are anything like myself you may find this very stressful.
Pros
Get to go on some fun outings
Cons
Long hours, under a lot of pressure, lone working
Fantastic
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montrose7 September 2017
Great company to work for. Entirely focused on their clients and what is best for them and there is no other way to work in care apart from that. Great people.
Pros
good management
Caution advised
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire3 August 2017
5+ years service with Enable in Ayrshire and unless you're extremely desperate avoid this company at all costs.
Employees are treated badly by management bullying staff into shifts by either emotional blackmail or under threat of losing my job.
Hourly rate is competitive but sleepover rate is abissmal no meals provided no breaks given and on several occasions I have been at a clients home for over 72 hours. When taking a client on holiday they only pay half your sleepovers on 2-1 services.
Training is mostly e-learning (including medication)it's no surprise there are so many mistakes/incidents with minimal support given by management.
Employees are never given the respect,dignity,data protection and support that employees provide to clients.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Zero hour or low hour contracts, lack of support, no meals provided