Enable Scotland Employee Reviews

Disgrace of a Company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen City20 November 2018
I would never recommend this company to anyone. The managers treat the staff like dirt & are disgusting people. All Managers, TF's, Service Manager & Regional Manager, they are truly horrible individuals!!
The Managers constantly speak badly about the support workers and people they support. They are disorganised and constantly phoning you to do extra shifts and if you say No they retaliate by making your life a misery.
I am glad to be away from this Company and would never go back.
Pros
Some nice PA's
Cons
Extremely Poor Management
Great workace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian8 December 2018
Great company to work for very good management always someone to support you when needed the most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference to these people's lives but the hardest part is having to leave for certain reasons as these people depend on you and get attached they become your family but this is a very rewarding job at the end of every day I feel good as I've made someone happy that day
No two days are the same, very rewarding Job
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire28 August 2018
I love working for enable. I am currently a sessional member of staff and this suits as I have uni.
The service users vary from mild needs to more complex needs, I think working for enable has allowed me to become a more flexible staff member.
My manager can't do enough for me, she fits shifts round my university course and when I call she is always happy to help. I feel very supported with my manager and when she is off I can always call the office for advice and support.
Pros
Everyday is different, Good management who's very accomodating.
Cons
The pay isn't the best.
Very poorly run company
Former PA (Former Employee) –  Orkney26 September 2018
Advertise their jobs at £10.37 per hour (GBP 8.75 per hour plus DIA). If you do sleepovers this amount is a complete lie. As part of the top up process, which includes all working hours; contracted hours plus sleepovers, you only get NMW £7.83 per hour and the DIA is taken off you as part of the top up - which you have to wait 2 months to paid. More often than not your monthly salary will work out well below NMW.

Management do not take responsibility and often blame PA's for their mistakes. Very quick to blame/reprimand when the slightest thing goes wrong. Often asking staff to work way over the contracted hours. None to little advancement opportunities(unless your face fits). Will constantly promise and never deliver just to keep you hooked and working.

Put clients at risk as well as staff and certainly not person centred approach towards clients.
Pros
clients
Cons
everything else
Avoid!!
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Perth5 August 2018
Rewarding job love the job itself however the company are a disgrace no support for the staff as long as shifts are covered they couldn't care less if you are in a horrible situation no support even from oncall services. One rule for office staff (closing up early, 3 management/team facilitators off on annual leave at once ) yet support workers struggle to get annual leave.

Most stressful company I ever worked for a lot of the time service users went private and took staff with them and never looked back!!
Pros
Rewarding feeling
Cons
Whole company and staff support
Shambles of a company
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire25 July 2018
I absolutely love the people I look after and care for, but the company itself is thee worst company i have ever worked for. Staff turnover is ridiculous because of this. Constantly looking for staff due to the fact the office couldn’t organise a night out in a brewery. Very poorly run and understaffed but no wonder cause of the state of the company.
Pros
The service users
Cons
Everything to do with management if you can call them that and the office.
Great Company To Work For!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Callander7 September 2018
Excellent Training Available
Staff Support Base is good
Sense Of Satisfaction knowing your helping others lead a normal life
Chance to Progress in your career
I enjoyed my time working with Enable Scotland and would happily work with them again in the future and would highly recommend!
Avoid Please
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orkney26 July 2018
Wanted to help and support the service users so much to connect with the community. However the management at a national and local level are not interested in supporting you when incidents occur and don't follow their procedures and harrass you to the point where you have to leave.
At one point I was signed off sick and received a letter from Human Resources if I did not contact the office by 12noon on Monday they would take it that I had resigned !
4 year period, 4 different service managers, 20 different team facilitators ! Incredible staff turnover, if 2 staff leave team of 4 the remainding 2 staff are bullied to cover all the hours to keep the service going !
Do yourself a favour and don't apply to this organisation .. if only the Care Commission really knew what went on ...
Pros
Amazing Service Users
Cons
Management shouldn't be in charge of a pet budgie
Great team
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire25 July 2018
I worked for Enable Scotland in the employment team for a number of years - was promoted into a senior role and given great accredited training.
I felt we were really making a difference and the work was very enjoyable particularly the people being supported.
Pros
Management in the employment team really care
Cons
Head office is very corporate
Rewarding job, great training programme
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire3 September 2018
I worked here for a short time last year and enjoyed it and probably would’ve stayed but had to leave due to personal circumstances. I supported 2 lovely clients taking them out into the community and driving them to their activities and I also got to know their families who were very welcoming and friendly. My Team Facilitator was brilliant and if there was a problem with my Rota or anything else I could always go to her. I didn’t particularly get to know my colleagues that well in the time that I was there but they were very helpful and approachable when I saw them. The induction and training provided was excellent and you were paid to attend which was good. In my time there I only had problem with one member of admin staff who had a bit of an attitude toward me for some reason but that was it. Got to go out to different places every day and was never a boring job.
Pros
Clients and families, training, lunch allowance
Cons
Sometimes rota mix-ups but usually sorted
Busy place to work
Office based (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh22 September 2018
Very busy with the need to work a lot of unpaid overtime. Not an excellent amount of support provided, you're given a very small job description and then told to go and do it on your own without much guidance.
Stay away
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orkney17 December 2018
Awful place to work- youll always be looked down on no matter how hard you try. Management only care about offloading their work onto others then complaining when everything isnt done!! They just sit on the laptop all day and lock themselves in the office....if they turn up at all.
Got left alone with 2 service users on my first day - i hadnt even had any training yet. Never even got meds training the whole time i was there...yet was expected to do meds?? Expected/demanded to stay at work late at a moments notice, they didnt seem to care that i had children to pick up.
The monthly pay is never right, and they will never sort it out...im still waiting for my last months pay after leaving...over £600 but they wont pay out.
Never got to take a holiday when i worked there because they never check the online thing to check them off.
Quite frankly if you want to be bullied and work for barely anything each month then apply..
Although if your besties with the manager good for you because then you can sit and drink tea and play on your phone all day every day, leave the work for everyone else, and get praised for it!!!
Pros
service users
Cons
pay/management/zero respect
very rewarding job
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire20 June 2018
Each day is different. i have learned a lot and enjoy it even more than i thought i would. In my experience management have been supportive and i feel comfortable going to them when i need advice.
Pros
rewarding helping people live independently.
Cons
Always busy and can be fun at times
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Keith27 June 2018
Really good working for Enable. All staff are really friendly and push you to do your best. There is regular team meetings which is really beneficial and management are good at answering any enquiries you may have.
Enable scotland
East Lothian (Current Employee) –  Scotland22 April 2018
Enable scotland is a good place to work for the mangers are really helpful and understanding since I work for enable scotland I love it its great you can help the others and the day goes in quick I work in the Musselburgh area and they are brilliant and they get a 100% from me keep it up guys your doing a fantastic job
Pros
Helping others and see them smile
I love it
PA (Current Employee) –  Stirling9 March 2018
Worked here for 4 years, and i love my job! Dont get me wrong there can be long hours, but only if you agree or chose to do them! Management have always been very flexible with me and ive never had problems with needing shifts changed or days off etc. I always have the chance if overtime with various services which gives a great opportunity for working with different people and learning all the time. I have been offered the chance to progress withing Enable and i fully intend on doing so when the time is right for me.
Pros
Never 2 days the same, feeling of achievement every day, flexibility of hours
Cons
N/a
Management are bullies
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 June 2018
Micro managed on a daily basis. The bullying from managers and senior managers is awful. Due to the number of staff leaving surely someone needs to ask why and actually investigate this.
Appalling organisation
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire26 February 2018
I worked for this company for 2 years and was extremely bullied by a so called manager who was also engaged to another manager the nepotism is disgraceful if you complain nothing gets done about it. Other workers having affairs and seeing each other at the clients house.
It is the worst company to work for and the care commission needto shut them down.
Lovely people
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  East lothian10 April 2018
I've had a great experience starting work at Enable. Very friendly management, fellow workers and the service users are brilliant to support - so fulfilling compared to my last job. It can be a bit hectic at times but I like that.
Pros
Approachable managers
Cons
Pay could be better
Do not apply for any jobs with this company!
Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Scotland28 March 2018
This is a terrible company to work for as they treat their staff appallingly. I was paid off while receiving chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. Disgusting, and this is one of Scotland's biggest charities helping people with disabilities!!
Pros
Cons
Poor salary rate.