EMR Search & Selection

EMR Search & Selection Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
doing 5 peoples jobs and getting minimum pay for 1, no work/personal life balance. different rules for different people on the same thing. whenever i had full amount of breaks i always got told i was taking the p**s
Having worked for emr for three years, I found management very poor. The management are bully's and if they don't like you they get together and push you out the door.if you suffer with any mental health issues, they don't want to know. Your just a number.
Manaement tell you how to do the job when they cant do it themselves. Transport manager was on a different planet. Dangerous job also, always a threat of being injured in the yard or on someones site .
Good job very poor management, if you have a home life don't bother applying. Its a job where what you know is not important it's who you know and if it betters themselves they will stab you in the back and if you have a stab proof vest they will paint a target on it.
Pros
If I have to put one it's weekly wage
Cons
Don't have a finish time, long hours, you are just a number
When I first started there was talks to myself by management about how training needed to be better and it really did. Your kind of thrown in at the deep end. I didn't feel supported by management was tutted at and shouted at inappropriately several times. A lot of people that had worked there years left and was reduced to tears more than once. I gave it my best but unfortunately it wasn't enough. No staff incentives. No bonuses. No overtime - although I was made to feel bad a few times for going home on time. There was days I was the first one in and the last one out and never got a thank you. Its a shame as I met some really nice people there. Your opinions are not valued as I found being released from employment shortly after.
Pros
Team members sticking together and supporting one another
Cons
Poor Training, poor Salary, poor Management
EMR OLDBURY WEST MIDLANDS
I WORKED THERE FOR 1 YEAR SOON I FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS A VERY HIGH TURN OVER OF WORKERS.

THE WORKING CONDITIONS ARE VERY BAD BUT WHEN I MEAN BAD LIKE I'M SAYING I HATED every minute of my shift after about 6 months into my time working there i stopped working overtime your working in very bad conditions the health and safety is not good either I had to supply most of my own tools drills battery handle grinder ect screwdrivers ect and had to replace them myself if lost or damaged one job they expected me to climb over some hand rails with a harness on with no backer points to do a job told them about it 2 months latter still nothing done about it probably still the same ladders and steps was in a very poor state no log book and the steps was not numbered up to identify them in the 12 months I was working there. My breaks was interrupted nearly everytime but I was ok with that really because of the nature of my job I done shift changes most months too help them out or went in to cover other shifts but high up management don't see that as a good thing. Would I work there No would I recommend it to anyone NO. September 2018 I recommend that you keep well away from this work place at EMR OLDBURY.

It's the worst place I've ever worked at and deeply regret working there in the first place.

Don't just read my review for the Oldbury EMR

EVERY WEEK SOMEONE OR MORE WAS LEAVING.
Pros
Cons
Long hours working with interrupted breaks
This was a good place to work,i enjoyed the challenge on a day to day running dealing with the customer's on the weigh bridge, assisting in sorting the scrap metal out in different departments.
Pros
Tips off customers
Cons
Good Place to meet new people.
I felt really welcomed when i worker at Emr al the stuff and employees worked with everyone as a team we were all equally respected.i would recommend other people yo apply.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Nice hours
good place to work at and never a time for a dole moment as you can talk as you work and always on the go there is a time when work stops but never for to long to get bored.
Cons
Good company to work for although wages are not great keep your head down and work hard you can go far , some long hours but the yard staff make it a easier
I was not meant to be a recruiter, however if that was the job for me I would of happily stayed for a very long time. Great team ethic, great progression and the Manager's and CEO were extremely encouraging and warm.
If you want to be undervalued, underpaid and treated like a 21st century slave, then work for EMR.

I was a Depot Manager for a number of years and I can say without any doubt whatsoever that this company has no credibility whatsoever.

They put profits before people at every available opportunity and you'll be expected to hand over your life to them...for a salary that's at least 10-15k below the national average. Say goodbye to your evenings and weekends too, EMR will demand them for your meagre salary.

I know other ex-Depot Managers who will say exactly the same....Avoid!!
Pros
Cons
long hours, terrible pay, treated like dirt
Each day brings a new challenge within the company and my job role.
The company has helped me develop through out the years I have been working for them, change of job roles to where I 'am now within the business.

We my colleagues I have been along side for this length of time, we have all benefited from each others experience which each day brings or what we have bought from previous jobs.

As a company we have grown from strength to strength, plenty of changes within the company but we have all adapted and worked with these changes.
Pros
Free Eye Tests, Free on site parking, Company Pension Scheme
Cons
No Private Medical Insurance Plan, No Bonus Scheme/Incentive
EMR is a good place to work, they are a small company that intends to be a bigger better company in the future, they have been working hard recently to improve in all area's & they are looking good for the future.