EMCOR Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Evening Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury10 October 2019
Poor management who didn't care about staff. Un skilled supervisors who had no training. No training for staff no inductions. Took clients side if anything went wrong and blamed staff. Lazy staff got praised
Excellent organisation!
Manager (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London10 September 2019
I have worked for this organisation for several years and they have an excellent approach to employee wellbeing and general development. They provide a stable environment with good levels is senior management engagement.
Overall very happy to working with EMCOR
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  Manchester1 September 2019
Management and people working in the company are alright.Never had any problems with wages or anything else.its hard tough to progress within the organisation.
Pros
No stress
Low
Emcor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2019
Unorganised unprofessional large turn over of staff, bullying culture within the business.
H.r department unprofessional and management structure is low and unorganised.
Looks good on paper.. in reality it's not a company I would recommend
Manager (Former Employee) –  South11 August 2019
I thought I was joining a professional team. The reality is that there's a huge disconnect between the legacy workforce and the EMCORUK management - speaking only about the contract I was working on. An ever increasing expectation of you to achieve unrealistic targets. They will terminate your contract despite having no warnings written or verbal. I am the 3rd manager that I know of they have done this to.
Working for EMCOR UK
Senior multi-skilled engineer (Current Employee) –  London3 August 2019
I have worked for many organisations over the years and my experience with EMCOR UK so far has been fantastic!

I highly recommends EMCOR UK as an employer you won't look back or regret it!
Pros
Training and Job opportunities
No a good company
postman on the Novartis Site, Pyewipe (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire28 July 2019
Terrible company to work for we had 5 managers in a year staff left and was not replaced it was not a happy place to work . Lots of multitasking expected to do multiple jobs with no appreciation from supervision .
Great to work for
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 July 2019
Best security company I’ve worked for! They funded my cctv badge, put me up in London all payed for, funded my future badges, first aid course etc. Brilliant to work for. Only leaving due to EMCOR losing the contract (NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT EITHER!!!!)
Cons
Avoid & never contemplate working for them
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk16 July 2019
So many issues i could list, but judging by the forums online other people already done it. Salary normally wrong every month, with no support or apology’s to correct it. No career development plan despite numerous promises at interview stages. Management are selfish & treat staff with no respect or decency. Could continue this but hopefully you get the picture.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, salary discrepancies, rude management
Not bad
Carpenter/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh10 July 2019
You are promised thing from your line manager with is not true
terrible experience especially being my first job !!
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wissington, Norfolk4 July 2019
Terrible company to work for. If you're face doesn't fit you've got no chance of keeping you're job, let alone any prospect of advancement. It's a textbook case of 'not what you know, but who you know.' people get positions not through knowledge, but through knowing someone else who works there. I was never given a single main reason for being finished, rather several individual reasons. Backstabbing and back scratching is pandemic. Bullying is rife, from the everyday floor worker to the top ranks of the company. One rule for some, other rules for others. Certain workers I worked with used to slag the supervisor off, but when he made them supervisors etc they seemed to view him as a God amongst men! Incidents and accidents are not taken seriously. Many workers there are patronising, with people in their twenties and thirties talking to people older than them in a disrespectful manner. There are posters around the site with EMCOR with smiling workers and little slogans everywhere, however the reality is very different. One of them says 'look out for me, i'll look out for you.' What it should say is 'look out for me, i'll stab you in the back!'
Overall this is a terrible company that I wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Clocking off at 4 o'clock everyday.
Cons
everything
Awful company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hampshire30 June 2019
No training and they promise you the world and give you nothing. Avoid this company like the plague. No communication between departments and no chance of progression
Pros
Cons
Long hours bad management
Training provided to progress up in your carreer
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Berkshire13 June 2019
Learned a huge amount whilst working at EMCOR. Training was provided as promised. Management and colleagues always there to help. Never had a problem with payment.
Pros
Training and tools provided, management always there to answer questions and give advice
Cons
Long hours, weekend working
Horrible place to work
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire11 June 2019
Horrible place not professional ,gossiping all day long and push you to do all their job for them will never recommend it to anyone stay clear better jobs out there, had depression working there makes my life miserable 😖 with some unprofessional so called a trainer from a different company for training their own staff Really?
Pros
Work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bristol11 June 2019
My job at encore was to look after the business centre with lots of shops and stores including the car park
My duty was to look after the entire area to protect people and properties and watch CCTV
Pros
Cons
9am to 9pm
Don’t care what happens to you
Internal mailing (Current Employee) –  Warrington7 June 2019
I’ve worked at Emcor for a while now and the head of finance started making cuts and we lost our job.
On them making the cuts they fired our boss and they could of taken us on has an employee but they never did they pushed us to the side lines and told us it’s not there problem. The management all look at each other and don’t know there bum from there elbow and are all scared to commit to helping others were it’s needed.
Most of the staff are really great and very friendly but management stick together here and if you are not high up your only muck on a shoe to them and they get someone else to get rid of it.
They don’t care if you have bills to pay or if you work hard it’s not there problem it’s awful how they treat you they have no shame
Load of toffee nosed behind lickers
Security Officer/CCTV Operator (Former Employee) –  Southampton5 June 2019
Worked here for 1 and half years enjoyed it till new management came in, he was sacked from other sight and brought in to our site :s a lot of back handers going on behind the scenes one rule for one and one for the other if your face don't fit in your in for a rough spell constantly watching you, no authority in this position and no room to progress, the client is always right and bullies the management who bully us, lots of spies / grasses around can't scratch from behind without someone telling you off for it watched constantly by higher up security as there's cctv in control room not nice environment to be in work is mind numbing and slow but always got to be busy cant chill out at all. if your retiring this is the job for you you but otherwise stay clear
Pros
Pay
Cons
People
Very low morale
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 June 2019
Depressing place to work for me personally, too many people trying to benefit their own advancement and will walk over or try to undermine other people for their own betterment. Unprofessional lower and higher management who constantly try to play people off against each other. You will do well there if you are like that. But to the hard working and professional workers who have morals , steer clear.
Pros
Cons
Too many wannabe bosses.
An easy job made harder than it should of been
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire21 May 2019
Worked for emcor for 15 months my work colleagues were great and we tried to all work together. Client resources manager was a bully and complaints were made up and emcor would go against their staff. There was no training, no risk assessments, no praise for good work, if someone was ill or on annual leave you were expected to do your job and other people's, with no support or extra time to carry the job out properly. Manager we saw once every few months, mobile supervisor brought his family to work with us, they were lazy had days off when the felt like it, supervisor knew absolutely nothing about the job or the site just sat round drinking coffee and hiding in the clean ing cupboard why the staff did all the work. Never worked for a company who don't care about their staff or staff safety at work
Pros
Made good friends and enjoyed my job
Cons
No support, not appreciated, lied too
Great to feel valued
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 April 2019
Worked for Emcor for a few months now and my manager is great.
Training has been given and I am always supported.

Would recommend this to anyone. Although having read other reviews it seems to vary a lot.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
None really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCOR. Our community is ready to answer.