Elysium Healthcare Employee Reviews

Exceptionally Poor Employer
Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Wales29 June 2018
Very poor employer.
No salary increases apart from the usual standard 1% which everyone gets. No increase for any hard work or extra responsibilities given.
Management awful - very clicky, not respected, very difficult to approach. Inexperienced.
Strong bullying culture stemming from management.
No prospects.
High volume of agency staff used. A lot of staff are related or in a relationship.
High turnover of qualified staff.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Bullying culture from management
Taken over last year not been the same since.
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheadle28 June 2018
Management unapprochable. Unsafe practice.
Some food staff working there but management have no respect for the hard work they do.

Low numbers want you to take breaks when the units are quiet and they aren't needed.
Us they try to tell you you can't leave site when you aren't been paid for the breaks.

When things are hectic they expect you not to take your breaks.
Pros
Meals included
Cons
Friendly supportive place to work
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire6 June 2018
I have worked for badby park for 5 years now with a small gap inbettween.
I really enjoy the job and have gained skills and new experience also had to choice to further my skills in differerent areas of the company.
If you want to work and be part of a team you will fit in if you are lazy this job will not suit you.
We do have difficult days however work together as a team to give the best possible care we can to our residents.
We provide loads of activities and shows for the residents and family’s .talent shows/ Christmas fairs / dog shows.
My manager is firm but very fair she has been very supportive over the years and is a fantastic manager.
I could not ask for a better place to work .
Pros
Training / holiday / free lunch / steady shift pattern
Cons
Some hard days
Always improving and lots of opportunities
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Badby, Northamptonshire6 June 2018
Badby Park is a pleasant place to work, good team work, support from the managers and the opportunity for training. There is free parking on site and free lunch, makes a difference! Managers will do the best they can to give you a flexible work and life balance. The residents receive good care and staff work hard with the residents family to ensure it is person centred.
Pros
Free lunches
Badby Park
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I started my new chapter as a registered nurse at Badby Park and it was the best move I ever made. Coming from a strong community background within the NHS I initially had doubts but I have never looked back.

The staff are all really friendly and Managers always support their staff to be the best they can be. I am now a Charge Nurse and enjoy coming to work every day.

The days are long but rewarding.
Pros
Supportive Team
Cons
Long days
Badby Park
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Badby, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I have been working at Badby Park for almost 8 years, this place is great and gives you lots of opportunities for training and development of skills. My manager has been very flexible and supportive both in and outside of work, helping me to adjust my rota around my life as a single mother and going beyond what is expected of a manager.
On the ward, staff work together as a team, it is not an easy job, some days can be harder than others, however it is rewarding work, being a part of our residents and their families life, getting to see their smiling faces.
Pros
Free lunches, four breaks, good management, training oppotunities
Cons
Difficult work, not for everybody
working at badby park.
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I have worked at Badby park for over five years now.
I have gained lots of new skills and training in all aspects of care.
My manager on the unit has always supported me Being a working mum there has been times I have needed to collect the kids from school early due to sickness. I have never been made to feel bad my manager made it possible to take my child to school for his first day at school.
We do have some difficult days however as a team we work hard together to do the best we possibly can for our residents.
We put on talent shows, dog shows, Christmas events also make over days and photo shoots to make are residents feel good and also help with their recovery.
I feel that if you would like to work in the care industry this is a fantastic place to gain new skills however its not a easy job we don't do not do the job for money we do it because we care.
Pros
Free lunches / gain skills/ work with a team
Cons
Can have some hard days...
Poor pay for work that you do
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire15 May 2018
Management and doctors get a forensic allowance.... They are not the ones working with the patients or attending to responses. Staff getting attacked daily. Poor pay. You can take a percentage drop for not working weekends but this brings you in on min ways £7.83. Pay always messed up by payroll. Managers and doctors stay clear when things are kicking off but rock up at the end when it has all been dealt with. These are the ones on big bucks. They will grind you down in this job. HCA's are great but overall everything else sucks. Even the free meal is worse than a flight meal.
Pros
Parking, meals
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
Great opportunities within the company
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 May 2018
-Support service users with daily routines.
-To work in a team and that every person is unique .
-Great managers and there is an ongoing training through Foundation for growth.
-Treat everyone with respect .
-Management of a difficult individual
-Seeing service users discharged back to the community .
Pros
Provided with free meals all the time
Cons
Bank Holiday pay
Has few problems but could be worse
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adderley green24 March 2018
Working here isn't that bad really. Management are ok but just have trouble organising staff and Rota! You get your Rota a week before and that's not enough time to sort childcare or make plans with friends and family. I think it's good pay for what we actually do. I have worked in far worse car homes
Fantastic management
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire17 March 2018
I was going through a rough patch in my life where I was having to leave early or not go in at all spoke to managers nurse in charge and they worked with me to deal with the situations I was having to deal with
Pros
Good management
Worst place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-tees10 March 2018
You don’t get treat as though your a person working for Stockton lodge Care Home - Elysium Care.
My health was affected massively. Residents not found until hours after they passed away.
The wage is shocking. Always expected to do overtime because there’s never enough staff to cover.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Management, directors, bad rota, given extra shifts without being asked
10 April 2018

We're sorry to hear of your experience. We value your feedback and will use it to ensure staff happiness and excellent patient care at Stockton Lodge is as high as our other 46 sites across England and Wales. The above-average salary and generous benefits package provided to staff is something we pride ourselves on, and fill vacancies as quickly as possible to ensure safe staffing levels. As a former employee, we wish you well in your future career.

flexible and reliable working enviroment
Information Governance Officer (Current Employee) –  work across the UK24 February 2018
great to work for, encourage additional support and courses to help further your career. Help is always to hand and work with a great bunch of people.
Pros
flexible
Great place to work if you are prepared to work hard
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire23 February 2018
Thornford Park is a great place to be part of a big family - if you are prepared to work hard, respect others and be part of a team. The hospital aims to deliver a professional service and is very supportive towards its staff. Many staff have been there a long time - which speaks volumes. Not for people who are easily intimidated or lack confidence due to the pressures and everyday workload but to the right person they would be very happy there.
Pros
Competitive salary; flexible working; free parking; good holiday
Very clicky and not much support
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thatcham21 February 2018
Worked at Thatcham but found the whole experience rather disappointing. Some staff have been there a long time and are very clicky. There wasn't a lot of support for staff and some people there were rude and unhelpful. Would not recommend.
Pros
Cons
Not a nice enviroment if you dont fit in.
10 April 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and have passed your comments to the site for changes to be implemented. Support should always be available from Ward Managers and Lead Nurses, and support systems are in place for all staff to access. We are constantly looking at how to improve the environment for our staff and are grateful for you highlighting your experience to us.

Violent stressful low pay workplace
Former care assistant (Former Employee) –  Farndon, Nottinghamshire17 February 2018
At the farndon unit the staff come and soon go on a revoling door, you can expect to be verbally abused and physically abused daily with no support from the company.
Staff have had many injurys from broken bones, being strangled, trapped in rooms while being beaten.
The staff levels are unsafe and there is hardly ever a response team due to staff levels and the fact that they have recently brought in longer unpaid breaks where they say is you don't take the breaks you won't get paid for the time but in order for people to actually fit them in it leaves the wards short of staff and no response team.
The pay does not reflect the job, if you want a minimum wage job go anywhere else other then the farndon unit. It's run on agency as all the staff have left .
Pros
Cons
Low wage, high chance of violence and verbal abuse
10 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and that you did not take your breaks. Working in a women’s low secure service can be a challenging environment, however it can also be very rewarding to work with women in their recovery and moving towards independence. Support is always available from your Ward Manager/lead nurse and external support systems are in place for all staff. A new break system was introduced to ensure staff have sufficient time away from direct patient care areas, which has received positive feedback. Our ongoing recruitment programme ensures safe staffing levels and looks to recruit permanent staff to fill vacancies whenever possible.

Elysium since 8/17
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire3 February 2018
Elysuim have been at health linc house since 8/17 , they have come in to change lots of things to the work place, which staff are not happy with the hours are changing and pay has been altered as a company not sure as they are new to me
Pros
More holiday
Cons
More days to work
Dangerous
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly25 January 2018
Dangerous place to work. Staff scared of patients. Lack of support when in secure and potentially dangerous environment. No back up. Short staffed. No enhancements. No team work.
Pros
Free left overs
Cons
Lots
10 April 2018

Thank you for your review. Elysium takes feedback seriously and have looked into your comments. Changes are being implemented to ensure the experiences described are not present. We're dedicated to patient care and staff safety, and are sorry to here of your experience. Training opportunities are available for all HCAs to improve skills and provides a career development pathway, while our on-going recruitment programme minimises vacancies to ensure safe staffing levels.

Absolutely awful
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  West Midlands24 January 2018
They put the wage slightly above minimum and claim they pay well to then give unpaid breaks that they make as long as possible. You work a 12 hour shift to lose nearly 2 hours of pay. They treat the bank staff like they are less than nothing, actually saying that they don't consider them employees. The only benefits they offer to bank staff, in their own words, is "you come on to contract". Awful company to work for who only care about the money, not the residents. There is a reason why every one of their homes iS understaffed.
Pros
Cons
The company itself
10 April 2018

Thank you for this feedback, its invaluable to help us identify improvements. Patient care and staff satisfaction are of the upmost importance to Elysium and we're sorry to hear of your experience. Your comments have been fed back to the sites in your area to ensure no one else has the same experience.

Very stressful
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire9 January 2018
Hours are long not worth the pay treat badly by management bad practice food was hardly ever cooked.But you can learn a lot and gain new life skills and meet amazing people that have story to tell as you really do make a difference in there lives

All I can say is that if you are new to health care and would like to work in this field and want to work at badby Park be ready for anything no day is ever the same
Pros
SMALL choice of free lunches
Cons
Terrible pay, treated badly, long hours
10 April 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience at Elysium was not as expected. An Afternoon Tea event was held on the 5th April 2018 celebrating one year in Elysium Healthcare, which was well attended by residents, their families and staff. The feedback from all was extremely positive, with the resounding message one of enthusiasm and looking forward to the next 12 months. There have been changes over the last 12 months which have helped make Badby Park a place that people want to work at. We're sorry this wasn't the case for you and wish you well in your future career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elysium Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Elysium Healthcare Reviews by Location