Elysium Healthcare Employee Reviews

Very dangerous job, been off work with, work related injuries three times this year.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire15 January 2019
I worked at the hospital before Elysium took over, it was the best job I've ever had, everyone loved working there with over half the staff working there for 10 years plus. As soon as Elysium took over, the patients observation levels were dropped, meaning staff are in massive amounts of danger with serious injuries happening daily. They continue to hire unstable staff just to get rid of agency staff. These new starters don't have a patch on agency staff and as a ruslt patients are being neglected. I wouldn't be surprised if the company gets forced to close down as they are absolute criminals.
When this company took over, they didn't pay some people for three months and their answer was to keep offering them a loan, so when they finally paid us we got taxed up to our eyeballs. They still under pay a lot of people a year on. They care about nothing more than saving money
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, the comany, pay
Good
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walton on hill9 January 2019
It was pleasure to work company like this
Flexibility in working help full staff
Good training
Friendly environment
Good Management
Good team work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long day
Dynamic patient centred service . Great developmental opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wales9 January 2019
A dynamic organisation focused on the delivery of effective and efficient patient centred care. Underpinned by the principles of recovery and safe wards model.
Pros
Career opportunities and training.
Awful Place to work
Mental Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  North West2 January 2019
You are easily replaceable, management are never available and do not take employees safety seriously.
Awful work life balance, they promise you all sorts but its all lies.
Pros
Sometimes free food if you get chance to eat
Cons
long hours, no respect, rubbish money
Poor Senior Management - Don't Care
Ward Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire10 December 2018
Very poor management, doctors and admin staff - HR are not approachable, never answer emails or the phone. Had a good turn over of HR staff recently - seems no one stays long enough. Payroll another issue as pay wrong not just once but many times. Some admin staff rude, think they are above others. Inconvenience when knocking on their door.... don't like mixing with patients. Office staff don't acknowledge HCA's and sit in their own click in the dinning hall.

Even after 20 plus years of working in the hospital on the day that a staff member leaves 20 plus years of working there going on retirement not a word from management to say Good Luck, thanks for hard work etc...did not even acknowledge leaving, no leavers interview offered.

Management don't care about staff, one in and one out - they can replace you easy but not interested in keeping good staff that have knowledge and worked in the hospital for a long period of time. Most ward managers are not strong enough, nice people but let some staff get away with to much and not fair on other staff. One rule for one another rule for others.

No breaks at all apart from the toilet.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours no breaks
2 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and have passed your comments to the site for changes to be implemented. We're constantly working to improve staff retention and never want to lose any good staff. All staff are offered and encouraged to take breaks, as its so important that staff are rested to ensure the best patient care is provided. Following your 20 years' service at the hospital, On behalf of everyone at Elysium, we do truly thank you for your hard work and wish you well in your retirement.

Wouldn’t recommend.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent3 December 2018
I worked at Elysium Healthcare in the Stoke-On-Trent Area.

Working for Elysium Healthcare was absolutely horrendous.
I wouldn’t recommend this place of work to absolutely nobody.

The attitude of the staff was shocking, agency workers were sent to complete personal care while staff sat behind the desk doing nothing.

Your work life/Balance is horrendous - feels like you’ve got no life at all.

Salary - national wage for any age.
No benefits to the job.

Job security - not very good.

Management - shocking.

Job culture - isn’t that great to be fair.

*The members of staff moan about residents at the desk.
*It can take up to ten minutes before a member of staff goes to the resident.
*They sit in the day room with nothing to do - as they don’t go and ask what they’d like to do.
*They don’t communicate with residents.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
2 January 2019

Thank you for your feedback, its important to ensure we continue to grow in a positive way with happy staff, and can only do this by hearing about all experiences. We're sorry to hear yours was not a positive one, though the salary offered is in line with industry standards, and we additionally provide a wide range of benefits to all staff, including free meals, high street discounts, pension, life assurance, an enhanced maternity package, and much more.
Your comments have been passed to the sites in that area to look at whether changes need to be implemented.

Don’t go to Wellington
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset17 November 2018
Dangerous place to work, no staff left only agency, sad for the patient who just don’t have any continuity of care. CQC not happy also I believe. I hope things change.
Pros
Non
2 January 2019

Thank you for your feedback. It's invaluable to ensure we learn where improvements are needed, and hearing from staff is the best way for us to know. Although agency staff are required, all our sites are run under safe staffing numbers, and we aim to provide continuity of care wherever possible. Our hospital in Wellington is currently rated 'Good' by the CQC, which is a result of the continued hard work of staff at this site. We're sorry to hear that your experience was not more positive.

Great company to work for
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire8 November 2018
I have worked for the company for nearly a year. There is lots of opportunity for you to progress your career and the management are brilliant. As long as you are doing your job they leave you to it.

They also have a great benefits scheme which includes a salary sacrifice car scheme. Best of all they pay for your lunch which is a great little perk.
Pros
Free lunches, let you get on with it.
Avoid Elysium at all Costs
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 November 2018
Worked for Elysium at various places and found the working culture to be VERY hard to deal with as it is a 'who you know-and how long you have worked here' attitude. The management do not respect new employees and new ways of working-they want it to be like when it was PIC - and are bringing the old staff back or they groom staff that have worked there for years but lack the experience instad of letting very experienced new comers have the chance.
However when I had contact with head office and senior management, they were fab but dont seem to realise what is going on at the individual hospitals and i actually felt valued - they wanted my input and experience. But at the individual hospitals management cannot be trusted and some management and staff are rude if you are not 'in the click'.
Sorry to say but do not work for this company if you do not want to get disalusioned with your own choice of profession and you do not want to question your own reasons and ethics for wanting to work in this area of healthcare. I would have continued working at Elysium if the management at the hospitals were like the senior management at Head office.
Pros
great service users who appreciate your input
Cons
poor individual hospital management, some staff who run a'its not what you know but who you know' culture.
2 January 2019

Thank you for your valued feedback. We're sorry to hear of your experience, and are glad to hear that your interaction with head office was positive. As a young and dynamic company we're always looking at new ways to work and improve. Your feedback has been forwarded to sites in the area to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Fantastic place to work
Internal Communications Executive (Current Employee) –  Greater London15 October 2018
I have been working at Elysium for 15 months now and it's honestly the best place I've worked - from company culture to looking after employees they've got it spot on which is driven from the board down to the guys on the floor.
Pros
People that work here are genuinely helpful and friendly, Management are really supportive, People are promoted internally, Free lunches, Free parking, Fair wages, Excellent employee benefits and package, Everyone looks out for each other, Always running fun and rewarding staff incentives
Cons
New starters induction could be improved but probably no worse than other places I have worked, most companies require you to hit the ground running
Unpleasant experience would advise anyone considering a position to do lots of research
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atherton, Greater Manchester3 October 2018
If you see a vacancy constantly advertised , ask you’re self why ?
The lack of professional courtesy within the hospital is quite frankly shocking.
The higher management of the hospital are very protected in their roles and unfortunately this leaves you no where to go when you have a complaint.
There is a strong established clique of managers, nurses and support workers.
If you go for a interview try and ensure you know which ward / unit you are going to placed because in my experience they will locate you anywhere regardless of what was discussed at interview or where you’re skills and experience would be utilised best.
The support from your colleagues is hit and miss , I found them resistant to investing time in me , at times feeling totally shut out . As a more junior member of staff hence perceived less of a threat your experience maybe different .
There is a underlining culture of bullying
Pros
Excellent Induction
Cons
The strong established clique which includes senior management
Worst company I have ever worked for in mental health
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
I wish I never wasted 8 months of my life working for this company

Bullying culture: being disrespected by senior management and colleagues and no support from anyone.

Favoritism towards certain staff members

No appreciation for work being done

Colleagues stealing your work and passing it off as their own

Working with unqualified staff

Change to working conditions without staff knowledge

Job specification different from what was articulated at the interview process

AVOID
Cons
Long hours, bullying culture, changes to working conditions, lack of respect for staff
Current employee
Nurse (Current Employee) –  North West6 September 2018
Worked for elysium in the northwest for many years, I can honestly say the wards can be challenging , we work with some really poorly men and woman but the standard of care is outstanding. The setting isn’t for everyone but those who work there care and are compassionate, management work really hard to support the staff and are visible and approachable.
Pros
Training, development, support, free meals
Cons
Can be challenging environment
Needs to improve massively
Catering (Former Employee) –  Sussex6 September 2018
Not a good employer,terribly mis managed with a real lack of cohesion.There is a culture of blame rather than one of collective responsibility. Many of the decisions that are made are knee jerk rather than properly thought out.The company need# to consult all its staff on a more of the issues that effect their working day.
Poor place to work, lack of staff, dangerous at times
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North West15 August 2018
The ward staff are amazing and are extremely undervalued. Management are unfair at times, some have no experience of working on the wards and this makes the job more difficult as they think they can take staff from wards which they deem not as busy when in reality all of the wards are equally busy.
There is a dangerous lack of staff, constantly understaffed throughout the hospital leading to lots of agency workers on the wards who may not know the hospital or the patients. Some times there are not enough staff to respond to incidents on other wards leading to sometimes dangerous situations for either staff or patients.
Wage is fair, but not enough for the work which is actually done, there are cooked meals provided but very little choice and sometimes the choices are not what are received.
Flexible hours can be agreed but it is difficult to get them agreed and sometimes there’s a negative culture surrounding staff on flexible hours.
Bank staff have recently had enhancements taken off of them for weekends and bank holidays, making an already understaffed hospital even more understaffed, which just goes to show how much Elysium actually value their employees.
Patients have to have their leave cancelled sometimes again due to lack of staffing.
Very little carer progression to be made.
An unsatisfying job.
Staff feel undervalued.
Assaults and incidents are absurdly regular.
Pros
Good team on the ward
Cons
Too many to list
21 August 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and hope that you will contact our ‘Speak Up Guardian’ or call the confidential service that is available to all staff so that we can learn which site these comments relate to, to allow us to investigate the issues you have raised. We continuously recruit to ensure wards are fully staffed at all sites, but where there are vacancies we would rather fill them with bank or agency staff than leave wards understaffed. Bank staff enhancements have been replaced with an increased hourly rate. The career development opportunities we provide HCAs are some of the best in the industry, with plenty of progression available.

Worst place ive worked
Former heaalthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 July 2018
Talked to like dirt by management, run like a prison, most staff and even residents are unhappy. The company make you work ridiculously long stints of shifts and make it as hard as possible to book holidays. No respect and very poor management, they put on a show for visitors then treat the staff appallingly, I would not recommend my worst enemy work here.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Enjoyable staff & clients
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey20 July 2018
Currently work in Redhill with a residential home with clients with learning disabilties.
Staff are like a family, all very close and help eachother. Managment have an open door to any needs or things you want to express.
We are praised for what we do, day in and day out no matter if it is just a thankyou.
The clients are challenging, yet rewarding as they all are so welcoming when you arrive in the morning!
This is an up beat house, with lots of different personalities which makes shifts quick & fun for the clients we support and the staff team.
You can enjoy days out to the sea side, trips to the cinema, bowling, meals out and even client holidays!
Pros
Managment
Cons
Hours
A great place to work!
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside6 July 2018
I've found this to be a really great place to work. Good team spirit throughout the whole hospital, from Director level to Healthcare Assistant. Whilst, like any job, there are minor drawbacks, overall this I enjoy going to work everyday. Due to expansion and career development for staff, there has been a period of recruiting in large numbers which has unsettled some staff. However this has now settled down and the teams are really pulling together to make the hospital a great place to work with true, patient-focused care.
Pros
good benefits package, free meals on shift, great relationships with colleages
Cons
long shifts on hospital wards (but balanced with long and short weeks)
Exceptionally Poor Employer
Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Wales29 June 2018
Very poor employer.
No salary increases apart from the usual standard 1% which everyone gets. No increase for any hard work or extra responsibilities given.
Management awful - very clicky, not respected, very difficult to approach. Inexperienced.
Strong bullying culture stemming from management.
No prospects.
High volume of agency staff used. A lot of staff are related or in a relationship.
High turnover of qualified staff.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Bullying culture from management
Taken over last year not been the same since.
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheadle28 June 2018
Management unapprochable. Unsafe practice.
Some food staff working there but management have no respect for the hard work they do.

Low numbers want you to take breaks when the units are quiet and they aren't needed.
Us they try to tell you you can't leave site when you aren't been paid for the breaks.

When things are hectic they expect you not to take your breaks.
Pros
Meals included
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elysium Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9