Elysium Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great company
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset15 April 2018
Ive worked for elysium healthcare for just under a year. Ive found it challanging at times but also rewarding.
Theres plenty of oppotunitys for further development and lots of perks within the company.
The site im at is new. And does have staffing issues. But hey.... doesnt everywhere.
I can honestly say im proud to work for this company.
And i thought i needed to share this on this review page.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Has few problems but could be worse
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adderley green24 March 2018
Working here isn't that bad really. Management are ok but just have trouble organising staff and Rota! You get your Rota a week before and that's not enough time to sort childcare or make plans with friends and family. I think it's good pay for what we actually do. I have worked in far worse car homes
Fantastic management
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire17 March 2018
I was going through a rough patch in my life where I was having to leave early or not go in at all spoke to managers nurse in charge and they worked with me to deal with the situations I was having to deal with
Pros
Good management
Worst place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-tees10 March 2018
You don’t get treat as though your a person working for Stockton lodge Care Home - Elysium Care.
My health was affected massively. Residents not found until hours after they passed away.
The wage is shocking. Always expected to do overtime because there’s never enough staff to cover.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Management, directors, bad rota, given extra shifts without being asked
10 April 2018

We're sorry to hear of your experience. We value your feedback and will use it to ensure staff happiness and excellent patient care at Stockton Lodge is as high as our other 46 sites across England and Wales. The above-average salary and generous benefits package provided to staff is something we pride ourselves on, and fill vacancies as quickly as possible to ensure safe staffing levels. As a former employee, we wish you well in your future career.

flexible and reliable working enviroment
Information Governance Officer (Current Employee) –  work across the UK24 February 2018
great to work for, encourage additional support and courses to help further your career. Help is always to hand and work with a great bunch of people.
Pros
flexible
Great place to work if you are prepared to work hard
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire23 February 2018
Thornford Park is a great place to be part of a big family - if you are prepared to work hard, respect others and be part of a team. The hospital aims to deliver a professional service and is very supportive towards its staff. Many staff have been there a long time - which speaks volumes. Not for people who are easily intimidated or lack confidence due to the pressures and everyday workload but to the right person they would be very happy there.
Pros
Competitive salary; flexible working; free parking; good holiday
Violent stressful low pay workplace
Former care assistant (Former Employee) –  Farndon, Nottinghamshire17 February 2018
At the farndon unit the staff come and soon go on a revoling door, you can expect to be verbally abused and physically abused daily with no support from the company.
Staff have had many injurys from broken bones, being strangled, trapped in rooms while being beaten.
The staff levels are unsafe and there is hardly ever a response team due to staff levels and the fact that they have recently brought in longer unpaid breaks where they say is you don't take the breaks you won't get paid for the time but in order for people to actually fit them in it leaves the wards short of staff and no response team.
The pay does not reflect the job, if you want a minimum wage job go anywhere else other then the farndon unit. It's run on agency as all the staff have left .
Pros
Cons
Low wage, high chance of violence and verbal abuse
10 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and that you did not take your breaks. Working in a women’s low secure service can be a challenging environment, however it can also be very rewarding to work with women in their recovery and moving towards independence. Support is always available from your Ward Manager/lead nurse and external support systems are in place for all staff. A new break system was introduced to ensure staff have sufficient time away from direct patient care areas, which has received positive feedback. Our ongoing recruitment programme ensures safe staffing levels and looks to recruit permanent staff to fill vacancies whenever possible.

Elysium since 8/17
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire3 February 2018
Elysuim have been at health linc house since 8/17 , they have come in to change lots of things to the work place, which staff are not happy with the hours are changing and pay has been altered as a company not sure as they are new to me
Pros
More holiday
Cons
More days to work
Dangerous
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly25 January 2018
Dangerous place to work. Staff scared of patients. Lack of support when in secure and potentially dangerous environment. No back up. Short staffed. No enhancements. No team work.
Pros
Free left overs
Cons
Lots
10 April 2018

Thank you for your review. Elysium takes feedback seriously and have looked into your comments. Changes are being implemented to ensure the experiences described are not present. We're dedicated to patient care and staff safety, and are sorry to here of your experience. Training opportunities are available for all HCAs to improve skills and provides a career development pathway, while our on-going recruitment programme minimises vacancies to ensure safe staffing levels.

Absolutely awful
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  West Midlands24 January 2018
They put the wage slightly above minimum and claim they pay well to then give unpaid breaks that they make as long as possible. You work a 12 hour shift to lose nearly 2 hours of pay. They treat the bank staff like they are less than nothing, actually saying that they don't consider them employees. The only benefits they offer to bank staff, in their own words, is "you come on to contract". Awful company to work for who only care about the money, not the residents. There is a reason why every one of their homes iS understaffed.
Pros
Cons
The company itself
10 April 2018

Thank you for this feedback, its invaluable to help us identify improvements. Patient care and staff satisfaction are of the upmost importance to Elysium and we're sorry to hear of your experience. Your comments have been fed back to the sites in your area to ensure no one else has the same experience.

Very stressful
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire9 January 2018
Hours are long not worth the pay treat badly by management bad practice food was hardly ever cooked.But you can learn a lot and gain new life skills and meet amazing people that have story to tell as you really do make a difference in there lives

All I can say is that if you are new to health care and would like to work in this field and want to work at badby Park be ready for anything no day is ever the same
Pros
SMALL choice of free lunches
Cons
Terrible pay, treated badly, long hours
10 April 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience at Elysium was not as expected. An Afternoon Tea event was held on the 5th April 2018 celebrating one year in Elysium Healthcare, which was well attended by residents, their families and staff. The feedback from all was extremely positive, with the resounding message one of enthusiasm and looking forward to the next 12 months. There have been changes over the last 12 months which have helped make Badby Park a place that people want to work at. We're sorry this wasn't the case for you and wish you well in your future career.

Under Valued, lack of communication etc etc
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adderley Green5 January 2018
Working here has often felt like hitting my head against a brick wall, and for somewhere I used to want to really work hard at , I can honestly say I’ve got no motivation to drag myself there anymore. I’m curremtly searching for work elsewhere. I’ve had minimal support emotionally whilst working here, and feel like it is pointless talking to anyone as I would only be spoken about behind my back. There are some fantastic staff there, the Nurses do their absolute best but again I don’t feel they get enough support either. I would say I have gone to from a Good member of staff to a lazy one, simply because I feel efforts are never noticed, only ever criticised by management, and clients aren’t getting the attention they need, and staff don’t know where they are coming or going with the constant changing of ‘rules’ I could go on, but I would take all year. Everyone has different experiences, the facilities for the residents are fantastic that’s one thing I will say.
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Lack of communication
10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information. We greatly value your feedback and are sorry to hear of your experience. Patient care and employee satisfaction are of top priority at Elysium, and we are constantly working hard to ensure continued improvement, with ongoing recruitment and increased staffing at Adderly over the last 12 months. The inconsistency and changing expectations you mentioned have been fed back to the site and will be used to look for improvements in this area.

Work place can Carnau
worker (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly14 December 2017
Not the best place to work pay is bad for what you do management need to be seriously looked at there are only the few that are amazing office ones you'll never see thank God. Meals are ok ish..
You are definitely going to be attacked on certain wards and they have babyed some patients that if you say no they go for you overall not the best experience
Pros
The work people
Cons
Patients, management
workplace
Healthcare worker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 December 2017
challenging environment with some support. Job enhance ur skills and get the opportunity to work with other multi displines such as social workers and police
Pros
long breaks
We are new to Elysium
Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire20 November 2017
I have worked at Badby Park for past six years under three management teams and been working Elysium since April.
Under the new contracts we have much improved contracts with a lot more benefits than we ever had before. We now have more annual leave, we even get your birthday off, we have options to buy more holiday or even sell it back to the company if we wish.

The transition from our old employers has gone as smoothly as it could do. Management are supportive and encouraging and hopefully this will progress and continue to make Badby Park a positive place of employment.
Pros
free lunches, birthday off, increased annual leave, assistance with holiday planning, white goods etc, monthly staff draw
A positive atmosphere and supportive environment
Quality and Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Badby, Northamptonshire20 November 2017
Having worked at Badby for nearly three years, I can honestly say there has been a vast improvement within the company since is was purchased by Elysium Healthcare in April 2017. The Care Centre Director is very approachable and maintains an open door policy and willingly listens to any concerns raised by staff. Since Elysium took over the training compliance has increased, regular quality meetings are held to discuss and develop ideas to push forward the Quality Strategy. Administrative staff now get paid for overtime which didn't happen previously and there is a family friendly approach. Regular resident and relatives meetings happen where ideas and concerns can be raised and discussed, and there are regular social activities taking place for the residents to improve their quality of life. Staff here are caring and compassionate and that is evidenced in the delivery of care. A positive atmosphere and supportive environment.
Pros
Flexible Working, Family Friendly
Poor Management
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire20 November 2017
Poor Management - stick together do not care about 'lower' down staff - but they are the ones running the place actually on the floor working with patients.
They advertise you get your birthday off as a perk but only some departments only do get this for their full shift - you may be allowed to leave early by a couple of hours if you are nursing HCA's staff and lucky.
They advertise perks but they don't really care about holiday, family, outside commitments. Not really flexible when booking holiday, more so you are told when you take it by the holiday booking person who has no clue or ever worked on the wards, just sat in an office telling everyone else that work on the wards what days they can have as leave!!! Not flexible at all and not interested when you go and speak to the person. Time they listened to what staff want and get holiday set up on a computerised system.
You get free meals on site but honestly they are awful at times, the patients even moan about what they are being fed.
Local to area if you are near by Thatcham and Newbury. Free car parking is a bonus.
Ward staff are great at team work, some great people work there but more and more are leaving and the hospital is under staffed for ward staff and HCA's you are totally worn out by the end of your shift, what with being under staff, so busy and management not being flexible on holiday and having time off people are leaving and putting more and more pressure on HCA's.
Pros
Free Meals when good and parking
Cons
Not Felxible/Management and Admin staff do not listen or care
30 November 2017

Thank you for your comment and feedback. We take great pride in our Management Teams and are sorry to hear you had a negative experience whilst working for Elysium Healthcare. We value all our staff thoroughly as their continued hard work is what makes each Unit run smoothly and efficiently. Since this review, we have introduced a 'flexible benefits package' allowing all staff to pick and chose certain benefits most relevant to them. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, we are more than happy to discuss these with you?

Staff shortages and lack of staff breaks
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire11 November 2017
Staff are under pressure to deliver with few resources on a long day with no break. The only comfort break is in the toilet and you know it stinks. There is no professional development and do not accept the welcome bonus unless you want to suffer for 18 months. There is no clinical supervision and management do not listen to staff and patient concerns. Free meal that will cost you a career.Its as good as an airport.
Pros
Free meals and long hours
Cons
Stubborn management and lack of career development
30 November 2017

Thank you for your comment and we are sorry to hear you had a negative experience whilst working for ourselves. We value staff feedback greatly and do have a career development pathway in place that rewards staff for their continued hard work. The Welcome Bonus was put in place to attract Nurses to Elysium Healthcare as we are a new organisation with many services / units in difficult to reach locations, therefore the Welcome Bonus was there to help with this. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, we are more than happy to discuss these with you?

Excellent place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire27 October 2017
Elysium Healthcare is a great place to work with plenty of support in place to allow you to develop your career further. Management here truly listens to any concerns or suggestions you might have and puts a number of aspects in place to make your typical working day enjoyable!
Pros
Free lunches
I enjoy it here
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hatfield21 September 2017
Been with the service since Elysium started.

I love the staff that I work with. We have a great supportive team. Of course in every work place you will have some people who will be unhappy.

Here you can see the positive difference that the service makes. Of course you don't see it overnight but when patients are finally discharged and go home to their families it makes all the hardship worth it.
Pros
approachable management. flexible working hours. friendly staff. friendly management.
Cons
difficult field to work in. not for everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elysium Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9