Elysium Healthcare Employee Reviews

Worst company I have ever worked for in mental health
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
I wish I never wasted 8 months of my life working for this company

Bullying culture: being disrespected by senior management and colleagues and no support from anyone.

Favoritism towards certain staff members

No appreciation for work being done

Colleagues stealing your work and passing it off as their own

Working with unqualified staff

Change to working conditions without staff knowledge

Job specification different from what was articulated at the interview process

AVOID
Cons
Long hours, bullying culture, changes to working conditions, lack of respect for staff
Current employee
Nurse (Current Employee) –  North West6 September 2018
Worked for elysium in the northwest for many years, I can honestly say the wards can be challenging , we work with some really poorly men and woman but the standard of care is outstanding. The setting isn’t for everyone but those who work there care and are compassionate, management work really hard to support the staff and are visible and approachable.
Pros
Training, development, support, free meals
Cons
Can be challenging environment
Needs to improve massively
Catering (Former Employee) –  Sussex6 September 2018
Not a good employer,terribly mis managed with a real lack of cohesion.There is a culture of blame rather than one of collective responsibility. Many of the decisions that are made are knee jerk rather than properly thought out.The company need# to consult all its staff on a more of the issues that effect their working day.
Poor place to work, lack of staff, dangerous at times
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North West15 August 2018
The ward staff are amazing and are extremely undervalued. Management are unfair at times, some have no experience of working on the wards and this makes the job more difficult as they think they can take staff from wards which they deem not as busy when in reality all of the wards are equally busy.
There is a dangerous lack of staff, constantly understaffed throughout the hospital leading to lots of agency workers on the wards who may not know the hospital or the patients. Some times there are not enough staff to respond to incidents on other wards leading to sometimes dangerous situations for either staff or patients.
Wage is fair, but not enough for the work which is actually done, there are cooked meals provided but very little choice and sometimes the choices are not what are received.
Flexible hours can be agreed but it is difficult to get them agreed and sometimes there’s a negative culture surrounding staff on flexible hours.
Bank staff have recently had enhancements taken off of them for weekends and bank holidays, making an already understaffed hospital even more understaffed, which just goes to show how much Elysium actually value their employees.
Patients have to have their leave cancelled sometimes again due to lack of staffing.
Very little carer progression to be made.
An unsatisfying job.
Staff feel undervalued.
Assaults and incidents are absurdly regular.
Pros
Good team on the ward
Cons
Too many to list
Official response from Elysium Healthcare
21 August 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and hope that you will contact our ‘Speak Up Guardian’ or call the confidential service that is available to all staff so that we can learn which site these comments relate to, to allow us to investigate the issues you have raised. We continuously recruit to ensure wards are fully staffed at all sites, but where there are vacancies we would rather fill them with bank or agency staff than leave wards understaffed. Bank staff enhancements have been replaced with an increased hourly rate. The career development opportunities we provide HCAs are some of the best in the industry, with plenty of progression available.

Worst place ive worked
Former heaalthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 July 2018
Talked to like dirt by management, run like a prison, most staff and even residents are unhappy. The company make you work ridiculously long stints of shifts and make it as hard as possible to book holidays. No respect and very poor management, they put on a show for visitors then treat the staff appallingly, I would not recommend my worst enemy work here.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Enjoyable staff & clients
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey20 July 2018
Currently work in Redhill with a residential home with clients with learning disabilties.
Staff are like a family, all very close and help eachother. Managment have an open door to any needs or things you want to express.
We are praised for what we do, day in and day out no matter if it is just a thankyou.
The clients are challenging, yet rewarding as they all are so welcoming when you arrive in the morning!
This is an up beat house, with lots of different personalities which makes shifts quick & fun for the clients we support and the staff team.
You can enjoy days out to the sea side, trips to the cinema, bowling, meals out and even client holidays!
Pros
Managment
Cons
Hours
Exceptionally Poor Employer
Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Wales29 June 2018
Very poor employer.
No salary increases apart from the usual standard 1% which everyone gets. No increase for any hard work or extra responsibilities given.
Management awful - very clicky, not respected, very difficult to approach. Inexperienced.
Strong bullying culture stemming from management.
No prospects.
High volume of agency staff used. A lot of staff are related or in a relationship.
High turnover of qualified staff.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Bullying culture from management
Taken over last year not been the same since.
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheadle28 June 2018
Management unapprochable. Unsafe practice.
Some food staff working there but management have no respect for the hard work they do.

Low numbers want you to take breaks when the units are quiet and they aren't needed.
Us they try to tell you you can't leave site when you aren't been paid for the breaks.

When things are hectic they expect you not to take your breaks.
Pros
Meals included
Cons
Friendly supportive place to work
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire6 June 2018
I have worked for badby park for 5 years now with a small gap inbettween.
I really enjoy the job and have gained skills and new experience also had to choice to further my skills in differerent areas of the company.
If you want to work and be part of a team you will fit in if you are lazy this job will not suit you.
We do have difficult days however work together as a team to give the best possible care we can to our residents.
We provide loads of activities and shows for the residents and family’s .talent shows/ Christmas fairs / dog shows.
My manager is firm but very fair she has been very supportive over the years and is a fantastic manager.
I could not ask for a better place to work .
Pros
Training / holiday / free lunch / steady shift pattern
Cons
Some hard days
Always improving and lots of opportunities
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Badby, Northamptonshire6 June 2018
Badby Park is a pleasant place to work, good team work, support from the managers and the opportunity for training. There is free parking on site and free lunch, makes a difference! Managers will do the best they can to give you a flexible work and life balance. The residents receive good care and staff work hard with the residents family to ensure it is person centred.
Pros
Free lunches
Badby Park
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I started my new chapter as a registered nurse at Badby Park and it was the best move I ever made. Coming from a strong community background within the NHS I initially had doubts but I have never looked back.

The staff are all really friendly and Managers always support their staff to be the best they can be. I am now a Charge Nurse and enjoy coming to work every day.

The days are long but rewarding.
Pros
Supportive Team
Cons
Long days
Badby Park
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Badby, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I have been working at Badby Park for almost 8 years, this place is great and gives you lots of opportunities for training and development of skills. My manager has been very flexible and supportive both in and outside of work, helping me to adjust my rota around my life as a single mother and going beyond what is expected of a manager.
On the ward, staff work together as a team, it is not an easy job, some days can be harder than others, however it is rewarding work, being a part of our residents and their families life, getting to see their smiling faces.
Pros
Free lunches, four breaks, good management, training oppotunities
Cons
Difficult work, not for everybody
working at badby park.
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I have worked at Badby park for over five years now.
I have gained lots of new skills and training in all aspects of care.
My manager on the unit has always supported me Being a working mum there has been times I have needed to collect the kids from school early due to sickness. I have never been made to feel bad my manager made it possible to take my child to school for his first day at school.
We do have some difficult days however as a team we work hard together to do the best we possibly can for our residents.
We put on talent shows, dog shows, Christmas events also make over days and photo shoots to make are residents feel good and also help with their recovery.
I feel that if you would like to work in the care industry this is a fantastic place to gain new skills however its not a easy job we don't do not do the job for money we do it because we care.
Pros
Free lunches / gain skills/ work with a team
Cons
Can have some hard days...
Poor pay for work that you do
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire15 May 2018
Management and doctors get a forensic allowance.... They are not the ones working with the patients or attending to responses. Staff getting attacked daily. Poor pay. You can take a percentage drop for not working weekends but this brings you in on min ways £7.83. Pay always messed up by payroll. Managers and doctors stay clear when things are kicking off but rock up at the end when it has all been dealt with. These are the ones on big bucks. They will grind you down in this job. HCA's are great but overall everything else sucks. Even the free meal is worse than a flight meal.
Pros
Parking, meals
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
Great opportunities within the company
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 May 2018
-Support service users with daily routines.
-To work in a team and that every person is unique .
-Great managers and there is an ongoing training through Foundation for growth.
-Treat everyone with respect .
-Management of a difficult individual
-Seeing service users discharged back to the community .
Pros
Provided with free meals all the time
Cons
Bank Holiday pay
Has few problems but could be worse
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adderley green24 March 2018
Working here isn't that bad really. Management are ok but just have trouble organising staff and Rota! You get your Rota a week before and that's not enough time to sort childcare or make plans with friends and family. I think it's good pay for what we actually do. I have worked in far worse car homes
Fantastic management
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire17 March 2018
I was going through a rough patch in my life where I was having to leave early or not go in at all spoke to managers nurse in charge and they worked with me to deal with the situations I was having to deal with
Pros
Good management
Cons
flexible and reliable working enviroment
Information Governance Officer (Current Employee) –  work across the UK24 February 2018
great to work for, encourage additional support and courses to help further your career. Help is always to hand and work with a great bunch of people.
Pros
flexible
Great place to work if you are prepared to work hard
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire23 February 2018
Thornford Park is a great place to be part of a big family - if you are prepared to work hard, respect others and be part of a team. The hospital aims to deliver a professional service and is very supportive towards its staff. Many staff have been there a long time - which speaks volumes. Not for people who are easily intimidated or lack confidence due to the pressures and everyday workload but to the right person they would be very happy there.
Pros
Competitive salary; flexible working; free parking; good holiday
Very clicky and not much support
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thatcham21 February 2018
Worked at Thatcham but found the whole experience rather disappointing. Some staff have been there a long time and are very clicky. There wasn't a lot of support for staff and some people there were rude and unhelpful. Would not recommend.
Pros
Cons
Not a nice enviroment if you dont fit in.
Official response from Elysium Healthcare
10 April 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and have passed your comments to the site for changes to be implemented. Support should always be available from Ward Managers and Lead Nurses, and support systems are in place for all staff to access. We are constantly looking at how to improve the environment for our staff and are grateful for you highlighting your experience to us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elysium Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.