Elysium Healthcare Employee Reviews

Don’t go to Wellington
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset17 November 2018
Dangerous place to work, no staff left only agency, sad for the patient who just don’t have any continuity of care. CQC not happy also I believe. I hope things change.
Pros
Non
Cons
Great company to work for
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire8 November 2018
I have worked for the company for nearly a year. There is lots of opportunity for you to progress your career and the management are brilliant. As long as you are doing your job they leave you to it.

They also have a great benefits scheme which includes a salary sacrifice car scheme. Best of all they pay for your lunch which is a great little perk.
Pros
Free lunches, let you get on with it.
Avoid Elysium at all Costs
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 November 2018
Worked for Elysium at various places and found the working culture to be VERY hard to deal with as it is a 'who you know-and how long you have worked here' attitude. The management do not respect new employees and new ways of working-they want it to be like when it was PIC - and are bringing the old staff back or they groom staff that have worked there for years but lack the experience instad of letting very experienced new comers have the chance.
However when I had contact with head office and senior management, they were fab but dont seem to realise what is going on at the individual hospitals and i actually felt valued - they wanted my input and experience. But at the individual hospitals management cannot be trusted and some management and staff are rude if you are not 'in the click'.
Sorry to say but do not work for this company if you do not want to get disalusioned with your own choice of profession and you do not want to question your own reasons and ethics for wanting to work in this area of healthcare. I would have continued working at Elysium if the management at the hospitals were like the senior management at Head office.
Pros
great service users who appreciate your input
Cons
poor individual hospital management, some staff who run a'its not what you know but who you know' culture.
Fantastic place to work
Internal Communications Executive (Current Employee) –  Greater London15 October 2018
I have been working at Elysium for 15 months now and it's honestly the best place I've worked - from company culture to looking after employees they've got it spot on which is driven from the board down to the guys on the floor.
Pros
People that work here are genuinely helpful and friendly, Management are really supportive, People are promoted internally, Free lunches, Free parking, Fair wages, Excellent employee benefits and package, Everyone looks out for each other, Always running fun and rewarding staff incentives
Cons
New starters induction could be improved but probably no worse than other places I have worked, most companies require you to hit the ground running
Unpleasant experience would advise anyone considering a position to do lots of research
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atherton, Greater Manchester3 October 2018
If you see a vacancy constantly advertised , ask you’re self why ?
The lack of professional courtesy within the hospital is quite frankly shocking.
The higher management of the hospital are very protected in their roles and unfortunately this leaves you no where to go when you have a complaint.
There is a strong established clique of managers, nurses and support workers.
If you go for a interview try and ensure you know which ward / unit you are going to placed because in my experience they will locate you anywhere regardless of what was discussed at interview or where you’re skills and experience would be utilised best.
The support from your colleagues is hit and miss , I found them resistant to investing time in me , at times feeling totally shut out . As a more junior member of staff hence perceived less of a threat your experience maybe different .
There is a underlining culture of bullying
Pros
Excellent Induction
Cons
The strong established clique which includes senior management
Worst company I have ever worked for in mental health
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
I wish I never wasted 8 months of my life working for this company

Bullying culture: being disrespected by senior management and colleagues and no support from anyone.

Favoritism towards certain staff members

No appreciation for work being done

Colleagues stealing your work and passing it off as their own

Working with unqualified staff

Change to working conditions without staff knowledge

Job specification different from what was articulated at the interview process

AVOID
Cons
Long hours, bullying culture, changes to working conditions, lack of respect for staff
Current employee
Nurse (Current Employee) –  North West6 September 2018
Worked for elysium in the northwest for many years, I can honestly say the wards can be challenging , we work with some really poorly men and woman but the standard of care is outstanding. The setting isn’t for everyone but those who work there care and are compassionate, management work really hard to support the staff and are visible and approachable.
Pros
Training, development, support, free meals
Cons
Can be challenging environment
Needs to improve massively
Catering (Former Employee) –  Sussex6 September 2018
Not a good employer,terribly mis managed with a real lack of cohesion.There is a culture of blame rather than one of collective responsibility. Many of the decisions that are made are knee jerk rather than properly thought out.The company need# to consult all its staff on a more of the issues that effect their working day.
Poor place to work, lack of staff, dangerous at times
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North West15 August 2018
The ward staff are amazing and are extremely undervalued. Management are unfair at times, some have no experience of working on the wards and this makes the job more difficult as they think they can take staff from wards which they deem not as busy when in reality all of the wards are equally busy.
There is a dangerous lack of staff, constantly understaffed throughout the hospital leading to lots of agency workers on the wards who may not know the hospital or the patients. Some times there are not enough staff to respond to incidents on other wards leading to sometimes dangerous situations for either staff or patients.
Wage is fair, but not enough for the work which is actually done, there are cooked meals provided but very little choice and sometimes the choices are not what are received.
Flexible hours can be agreed but it is difficult to get them agreed and sometimes there’s a negative culture surrounding staff on flexible hours.
Bank staff have recently had enhancements taken off of them for weekends and bank holidays, making an already understaffed hospital even more understaffed, which just goes to show how much Elysium actually value their employees.
Patients have to have their leave cancelled sometimes again due to lack of staffing.
Very little carer progression to be made.
An unsatisfying job.
Staff feel undervalued.
Assaults and incidents are absurdly regular.
Pros
Good team on the ward
Cons
Too many to list
Official response from Elysium Healthcare
21 August 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and hope that you will contact our ‘Speak Up Guardian’ or call the confidential service that is available to all staff so that we can learn which site these comments relate to, to allow us to investigate the issues you have raised. We continuously recruit to ensure wards are fully staffed at all sites, but where there are vacancies we would rather fill them with bank or agency staff than leave wards understaffed. Bank staff enhancements have been replaced with an increased hourly rate. The career development opportunities we provide HCAs are some of the best in the industry, with plenty of progression available.

Worst place ive worked
Former heaalthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 July 2018
Talked to like dirt by management, run like a prison, most staff and even residents are unhappy. The company make you work ridiculously long stints of shifts and make it as hard as possible to book holidays. No respect and very poor management, they put on a show for visitors then treat the staff appallingly, I would not recommend my worst enemy work here.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Enjoyable staff & clients
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey20 July 2018
Currently work in Redhill with a residential home with clients with learning disabilties.
Staff are like a family, all very close and help eachother. Managment have an open door to any needs or things you want to express.
We are praised for what we do, day in and day out no matter if it is just a thankyou.
The clients are challenging, yet rewarding as they all are so welcoming when you arrive in the morning!
This is an up beat house, with lots of different personalities which makes shifts quick & fun for the clients we support and the staff team.
You can enjoy days out to the sea side, trips to the cinema, bowling, meals out and even client holidays!
Pros
Managment
Cons
Hours
Exceptionally Poor Employer
Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Wales29 June 2018
Very poor employer.
No salary increases apart from the usual standard 1% which everyone gets. No increase for any hard work or extra responsibilities given.
Management awful - very clicky, not respected, very difficult to approach. Inexperienced.
Strong bullying culture stemming from management.
No prospects.
High volume of agency staff used. A lot of staff are related or in a relationship.
High turnover of qualified staff.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Bullying culture from management
Taken over last year not been the same since.
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheadle28 June 2018
Management unapprochable. Unsafe practice.
Some food staff working there but management have no respect for the hard work they do.

Low numbers want you to take breaks when the units are quiet and they aren't needed.
Us they try to tell you you can't leave site when you aren't been paid for the breaks.

When things are hectic they expect you not to take your breaks.
Pros
Meals included
Cons
Friendly supportive place to work
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire6 June 2018
I have worked for badby park for 5 years now with a small gap inbettween.
I really enjoy the job and have gained skills and new experience also had to choice to further my skills in differerent areas of the company.
If you want to work and be part of a team you will fit in if you are lazy this job will not suit you.
We do have difficult days however work together as a team to give the best possible care we can to our residents.
We provide loads of activities and shows for the residents and family’s .talent shows/ Christmas fairs / dog shows.
My manager is firm but very fair she has been very supportive over the years and is a fantastic manager.
I could not ask for a better place to work .
Pros
Training / holiday / free lunch / steady shift pattern
Cons
Some hard days
Always improving and lots of opportunities
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Badby, Northamptonshire6 June 2018
Badby Park is a pleasant place to work, good team work, support from the managers and the opportunity for training. There is free parking on site and free lunch, makes a difference! Managers will do the best they can to give you a flexible work and life balance. The residents receive good care and staff work hard with the residents family to ensure it is person centred.
Pros
Free lunches
Badby Park
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I started my new chapter as a registered nurse at Badby Park and it was the best move I ever made. Coming from a strong community background within the NHS I initially had doubts but I have never looked back.

The staff are all really friendly and Managers always support their staff to be the best they can be. I am now a Charge Nurse and enjoy coming to work every day.

The days are long but rewarding.
Pros
Supportive Team
Cons
Long days
Badby Park
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Badby, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I have been working at Badby Park for almost 8 years, this place is great and gives you lots of opportunities for training and development of skills. My manager has been very flexible and supportive both in and outside of work, helping me to adjust my rota around my life as a single mother and going beyond what is expected of a manager.
On the ward, staff work together as a team, it is not an easy job, some days can be harder than others, however it is rewarding work, being a part of our residents and their families life, getting to see their smiling faces.
Pros
Free lunches, four breaks, good management, training oppotunities
Cons
Difficult work, not for everybody
working at badby park.
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire5 June 2018
I have worked at Badby park for over five years now.
I have gained lots of new skills and training in all aspects of care.
My manager on the unit has always supported me Being a working mum there has been times I have needed to collect the kids from school early due to sickness. I have never been made to feel bad my manager made it possible to take my child to school for his first day at school.
We do have some difficult days however as a team we work hard together to do the best we possibly can for our residents.
We put on talent shows, dog shows, Christmas events also make over days and photo shoots to make are residents feel good and also help with their recovery.
I feel that if you would like to work in the care industry this is a fantastic place to gain new skills however its not a easy job we don't do not do the job for money we do it because we care.
Pros
Free lunches / gain skills/ work with a team
Cons
Can have some hard days...
Poor pay for work that you do
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire15 May 2018
Management and doctors get a forensic allowance.... They are not the ones working with the patients or attending to responses. Staff getting attacked daily. Poor pay. You can take a percentage drop for not working weekends but this brings you in on min ways £7.83. Pay always messed up by payroll. Managers and doctors stay clear when things are kicking off but rock up at the end when it has all been dealt with. These are the ones on big bucks. They will grind you down in this job. HCA's are great but overall everything else sucks. Even the free meal is worse than a flight meal.
Pros
Parking, meals
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
Great opportunities within the company
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 May 2018
-Support service users with daily routines.
-To work in a team and that every person is unique .
-Great managers and there is an ongoing training through Foundation for growth.
-Treat everyone with respect .
-Management of a difficult individual
-Seeing service users discharged back to the community .
Pros
Provided with free meals all the time
Cons
Bank Holiday pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elysium Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.