Elsevier Employee Reviews

Great team environment
Sponsorship and Exhibition Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 November 2018
Managing a minimum of ten global conference driven exhibitions, including key accounts, suppliers, venues. Working closely with marketing and logistics.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
A lot of international travel
awesome place to work
Agile Developer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 October 2018
Not sure what else to need to work in a place.cool tools, management that listen to you, latest technology stack,brilliant location, free snacks.All together you can flourish in this place very easily
Management is clueless
Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Moorgate Station22 June 2018
Management doesn't know how to deal with people and how to set a compelling strategy. Communication is really poor, creating conflicts, demotivation, and overall misalignment
Great people and work life balance. But you're just a number
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford4 April 2018
If you want a great work-life balance, Elsevier is for you. The ability to work from home is advantageous. Working as part of a global company allows connections with people I would never have dreamed of making. Unfortunately, working in such a big company, you're just another number and it is very uncommon to be put forward for accredited or certified courses even if you are an up-and-coming talent. Elsevier is turning into a tech company and those without a tech background are getting left behind and not being developed accordingly.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Little development
Fun place
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wid26 July 2017
Very good company to work for just unfortunate that they decided to re locate in the south of the country which ment staff were made redundant in the Widnes depot
Multiple Roles at Elesvier
Business/Change Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foots Cray11 June 2017
Working for Elesvier was brilliant over 7 years.

Whilst at Elesvier I have multiple roles:
- Customer Services Representative
- Personal Assistant to Director, Warehouse & IT Managers
- Trainee Software Developer
- Software Developer
proactive
Journal Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford1 April 2017
excellent works ethics and environment, responsible for the management of 13 journals, from start of publication to finish. dealing with all areas of publishing
good
Average
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston29 March 2017
Budgets are tiny, and it's hard to get much done. This means the culture is becoming more difficult to work in - quite a lot of politics and back stabbing.
Professional Environment & Growth Opportunities
Software Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire23 February 2017
I would like to work in an environment where there is continuous learning and opportunities to make contribution towards growth and explore new innovative ideas.
New employee
Unknown job title (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire30 January 2017
Elsevier can be a very rewarding place to work. It is ruined by many layers of middle management who have all the responsibility yet no power to make any decisions themselves.
A good stepping stone
Journal Submissions Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Kidlington3 January 2017
I can't speak for the whole company but my personal experience was disappointing. There was no option for career progression officially and some departmental policies were unjustified.
Solid place to work
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2016
First rate company with great events. Its the leading B2B event company in events by some distance. Globally set up to operate locally means it takes advantage of new markets as well as established ones.
Pros
Size
Cons
Much travel
Terrible place to work
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Kidlington1 February 2016
Awful culture as well as 1950's style management. Evil company from the outside in, very low ethics and willingness to outsource everything.
Productive and interesting job
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, UK24 March 2015
This was my first taste of working in a customs services environment where we mostly worked per telephone and email which was interesting and I realised that I am customer focused and loved the challanges clients provided on a daily basis. My previous jobs all were more behind the scenes jobs and this was the first job where we had direct contact with the clients on a daily basis.
Very good company to work for
Local Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire4 March 2015
Overall Elsevier is a very good company. Very flexible working. Learned lots about the Publishing industry along with typesetting and printing.

Co workers were brilliant
Pros
Lots of good Benefits
Plenty of Lean events
EMEA Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ENG24 February 2015
Tier 1 daily meetings, plenty of Lean events, the state-of-the-art in CRM, fair in-house invoice software, multi-disciplinar, multi-cultural teams.
Productive company which really invest in leading the way in Customer Service
EMEA Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ENG22 February 2015
- Typical day at work: Tier 1 Lean daily meetings where I have visual control on KPIs board, query volume, incidents, updates on data base and online plataforms, share information with the team members, tasks assigment, etc.

- What I learned: CRM RightNow, taking bank details from customers over the phone, tokenizing and processing invoice payments, Lean Six Sigma Methodology focused on problem solving and wastes reduction: I participated in Lean Six Sigma events to improve processes: map procedures, identified pain points, spot solutions, tasks assignment, etc. Phone skills.

- Management: great balance on organizing new Lean projects and keeping the queries queues within Turn Around Time and First time Resolution targeted parameters.

- Your co-workers: great multi-cultural and international team (EMEA, APAC, USA) always willing to contribute in improvements

- The hardest part of the work:

It has been to attend all the leaning opportunites, workshops, rapid events, training, etc in-house provided

- The most enjoyable part of the job: it has been dealing with customers: I have delivered the best customer care as possible and lead my team with 100% Customer Satisfaction in feedback surveys.
Elsevier
Local Supplier Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire27 November 2014
Currently working as a Local Supplier Co-ordinator. I liase with our off shore suppliers regarding query's they have with work that has been transitioned.
Pros
Saye, Pension, Holiday Buy Scheme
Daily Customer Service
Executive Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford7 January 2014
Daily contact with Authors, Reviewers, Editors, Journal Managers and Journal Publishers via telephone and e-mailing.
Elsevier deals with very high standard Journals, such as The Lancet. I have personal monthly targets as well as Team deadlines. My department is related to the Operations of the company, regarding the procedure from submission to publication of a final product within 2,000 different journals related to Health, Science and Technology.

Apart from the daily tasks, I ensure to go an extra mile to improve personal profile as an employer.

An on going process of improvement by solving individual and group project. These are created and analysed by looking at the causes, conflicts, methods, data and solutions.
The importance of the completion on these mini projects are to improve the customer service delivered to each customer every day.

Finally, being a global company, I daily deal with vary international customers as well as work colleagues.
Pros
Great Team to work with
Cons
Do not value their employees
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ENG8 September 2013
Very interesting industry (Scientific Publishing) but the the pay is poor and the salary bands/scales are laughable.
Pros
Work-Life balance
Cons
Undervaluing of employees