ELM Legal Services Employee Reviews

Repetitive
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Bristol Temple Meads17 September 2019
Worked here and found it very repetitive. The team in the office all know each other and will gladly ignore you if your new. The whole environment was Very unprofessional
low wage and sombre job
Appointment Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol3 September 2019
You work at a place that basically rips people off and will get spoken down to if you're given the wrong address by someone over the phone and therefore save the wrong details.
Culture of the people there is fair as they are typically young students that are out enjoying night life (social people)
Busy call centre environment
Outbound Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 January 2019
I initially enjoyed my time there for the most part. However they 'employ' call centre staff on a self employed basis. This, the cold calling environment, me not feeling productive and like a robot due to being on the phones constantly, and the extremely low money earnings just wasn't for me.

Cons:
Not many hours on offer so the earnings is very low . 3 hour shifts up to 6 days a week. You can't live off that

Minimum wage

Evening shifts only (aside from Saturday mornings)

Self employment only
Cold calling

Can get tedious at times, and shifts can drag when the call data is nearing the end

Targets: 15 letters sent out per shift (no commission). Monthly: 15 sat appointments (commission)
Commission is not great or easy to achieve on first tier (contacting potential customers to see if they want a letter of Elms will writing service) On first teir you only get comission if you achieve 15 sat appointments in the month.

Verbal abuse from some people on the phone

No food or drinks unless it's in a screw type bottle. No tea breaks allowed.

There's no cold water dispenser. Just tap water, so you need to bring in your own if you don't like drinking tap water

Cliquey environment. Most of the call centre staff already know each other as they get their friends to join from college etc, and don't really talk to you if they don't know you. I've had neighbours who don't say a word to you, but will talk over you to the person sat the other side of you.
Pros
Looks good on cv, you gain good skills and experience, target incentives are fun, supervisor is very welcoming and supportive, when you achieve daily targets, it motivates you to do more
Cons
Loads due to my personal work ethic and personal prefrences. Not necessarily the companies fault, Elm just wasn't right for me full time.
Elm
Sales Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol Temple Meads Station, Bristol1 November 2018
I like working for ELM because it allows me to work a few shifts a week at reasonable times and hours. The working environment is nice and everyone is really lovely.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Cold calling
Best job offering flexibility and high commision!
Appointment Maker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol31 August 2017
This was one of the best jobs that I ever had! The shift length is perfect for if you have had or have a busy day ahead of you and management are flexible letting you chose what days are best for you to work - especially great when you're a student as I was. The staff are all amazing and support you wherever required. Training is sufficient and where you need extra help the staff and management are more than happy to provide extra training. Morale is never low, and there are always team incentives to help you achieve/aim for your target. The hourly rate despite being minimum wage, is minor when considering the commission that you can make if you work hard enough, which then results in up to an hourly rate of £12 per hour!!!

Though sometimes you may not reach target, you are never made to feel upset or disappointed in yourself and always valued as a member of the team. The job is challenging, rewarding, fun and most importantly looks fantastic on your CV.

It was a pleasure to work at ELM for the 2 years that I was there during university. I would recommend this employer to anyone who was looking for enjoyable part-time work.
Pros
Great Commission
Cons
Mostly only evening shifts.
A great place to work.
Telephone Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG27 February 2015
A great place to work. Friendly, approachable but extreme pressure to hit targets. Great job if you want to succeed and thrive off a challenge.
Sometimes challenging, sometimes tedious
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG13 June 2013
Used to work on a street canvassing faction as well as the evening call centre.
The commission was satisfactory.
The street can. was challenging and I worked this side for 9 months until it was dropped with no warning (4 days inc. weekend) and no compensation.
The evening work I had done for almost 2 years, I was one of the highest appointment bookers and highest commission earners.
I learnt how to manage difficult situations and deal with difficult customers, my negotiation skills and team working skills also improved as well.

Hardest part of job: Can be tedious on difficult days.
Most enjoyable part: Some colleges were great people and became very good friends.
Pros
Improved commission, friendly working environment in call centre.
Cons
Difficult managers, tedious work, unreliability